pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1:
pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
>Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5:
www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris
www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

ENDLESS SPACE 2
>Official and Unofficial Wiki
wiki.endless-space.com
endless-space-2.wikia.com
>Community Hub
www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors:
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District
>/civ4xg/ steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
>Official short stories:
www.mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WOLRDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky
implyingrigged.info/wiki//civ4xg/
youtube.com/watch?v=QiNdAJr5cpc&t=11m03s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Try to not let the thread die this time.

why bother, dead genre.

Why give you the satisfaction of dancing over the ashes of a few hundreds user who like strategy?

>tfw with our windows shut we couldn't hear the page 10 coming

It's okay, I have plenty more spiders to post!

Until I finally get a copy of that old Ant strategy games, or until Empires of the Undergrowth comes out.

>xcom 2 expansion comes out
>I start playing that
>the 4x thread starts 404ing at the times when I'd normally be posting in it
I'm sorry but I've found a new love. Will you at least take me back when I tire of playing XCOM star trek the next generation edition?

Enough of the spiders, have some ants!

Why did it even die?
It had been less than an hour since the last post.

Probably just unlucky and a load of threads hit their bump limit at about the same time and needed new ones.

Several Fire Emblem generals.

Pft.
It'll happen again next time /gsg/ throws a fit I guess.

I've legitimately seen a threadwar happen in /gsg/ over a block of white pixels being added to their OP image before now. Honestly surprised /gsg/ autism isn't a daily occurrence for fucking the board up desu.

So we have two minutes.

What is this, user?

They're still arguing over the infopic and whether or not "reminder to report and ignore shitposting" or whatever should be in the OP or not. All the while they shitpost their own threads, it's not rare to have two hundred deleted posts in a /gsg/ at this point.

Empires of the Undergrowth. It's on Steam (just as a page), and you can get a demo, but it's still beta so far.

Fuck /gsg/

Yep that's the /gsg/ I know and love. It's a special rare breed of autism in that thread and watching it regularly go nuclear and attack itself amuses me no end.

I'm nuclear!
I'm wild!

I'm breaking up, inside!

Also,
>/civ4xg/ has more players
;_;

They should probably add Distant Worlds while they're at it.

>7 posters

What with /gsg/ and autism? You would think that with the Grand Strategy games being deep, the fanbase would be pretty smart.

Fuck weebs

Only spider threads are allowed to survive.

No waaaaaay!

That game was lick a fantasy Cossacks. A shame the studio died before they could finish it.

Also, page 9 in 13 minutes, at this rate, we'll die in 20 minutes. That's too quick!

It was probably never really in the works.

It was, and it did came out, but apparently, the devs only did a small part of what they had in mind.

At least the AI is over, so you can play, and it's a decent challenge, but it tastes bitter.

Soloing whole armies as a hero was fun, but random level up bonuses ruined the game for me. Especially in campaign.
The devs planned a trilogy.

There is. What usually happens is you get a Wehraboo going "rate my groB germanium" thinking they're the first to do it, only to get told "seen it before."

The Wehraboo either then goes okay and tries to spice it up, or goes on an autistic ree spree about "muh sjws" while calling /gsg/ leftist cucks and throws around shitty r/the_donald memes to spam the thread before it all gets deleted, at which point they start reeing about sjw mod cucks.

Guess which one is more common.

Honestly, I don't think I ever used the heroes. Back then, I just wanted a game with undead, and I saw that this one had werewolves as a playable unit, so I picked it.
I don't regret it, it's plenty fun, even if the AI is a bit brutal, even if it's poorly optimized, and even if it feels empty.

when's 1.8 for stellaris? Haven't played since 1.6, anything worth looking forward to?

Rumor is that it'll be in October.

Quite a lot to look forward to, such as machine empires (in a separate DLC but who's counting), a feudalism civic that makes it better to have vassals, democratic parties based on factions, and an authoritarian influence buff. There are also a variety of other tweaks that you could get in a mod, such as the ability to have closed borders as a default policy.

Most importantly, missiles are getting buffed so that they can track multiple targets, and should become viable.

Most most importantly, the core combat issues aren't being fixed at all, and the entire game will still revolve around getting an economy big enough to make a fleet big enough to wipe out the enemy in a single 1v1 doomstack encounter.

Why do you guys continue to play Stellaris with all the complaining you do about it?

Are you retarded?

Hey /civ4xg/ would you be interested in taking part in the Veeky Forums League 9 friendlies?

For those who don't know, the Veeky Forums generals get together bi annually to play against each other in a heavily modified version of Pro Evolution Soccer with teams consisting of the varying memes and aspects of each general, which gets streamed on a smashcast channel for everyone to watch and meme on.

The Veeky Forums League 9 will be taking place around November/December, but friendlies have been announced to take place between September 16th and 24th.

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums_League_9_Friendlies

/civ4xg/ did take part in the last Veeky Forums league in June on autopilot with tactics made by an user who has since gone on to become verified so that /civ4xg/ has a better chance. As such the team will need a bit of updating regarding the roster and music.

Team page: implyingrigged.info/wiki//civ4xg/

One of /civ4xg/'s matches from the last Veeky Forums League: youtube.com/watch?v=QiNdAJr5cpc&t=11m03s

Do you come from a broken home?

We need to stay alive more often for that.

The only thing that actually matters in a 4X game is having good graphics. Stellaris looks good (compared to the competition), so it is popular.

It's good with mods.

I suggest we burn the spider as an offering to the dark god, Molyneux.

Mmmm science

>implying he'll give us what he promised

>implyingrigged.info/wiki//civ4xg/
Why the fuck 95% of roster are Stellaris memes? Considering what we discuss in these threads, it should be at least half Amplitude and 20% civ

Go for it but we need less Stellaris memes.

This was fun.

Maybe if we burn the poster too it'll be enough juice.

Stellaris was the hot new game around the time the roster was made, and dominated the threads back then. I do agree that we need less Stellaris memes though so feel free to toss suggestions around.

Amplitude people have 'special' brains, and as a result they only play Amplitude games.

Stellaris and Civ are played by the same people.

Last poll was held like a couple of weeks after Utopia.
In my opinion the only stellaris memes we really need to keep are Hak Hak Hak, Hyperlanes Only and Corvette Spam (but not as a medal). That leaves plenty of space for more relevant memes. Keep Stalin as Captain though.

A few straight out of my head:
nuclear Gandhi
Zelevas
Riftborn bullying
Horatio sauce

anyone have a working tougher city states mod for civ6

Nigga amplitude games are fine.

We should play /gsg/

I am fond of pigs.

Civ 5

Great Wall should be a GK.

I don't think I can play RTS online. My favorite part is when all the defenders are passed by the swords, and your troops are free to rampage the town, murder the peasants, and burn the buildings.
Online, most people ragequit with a "gg" once their army is down.

I like allayi, but I'm pretty sure I'm bad with them.

I don't like their disapproval of expansion, but I could also just be bad.
I actually really like the space vikings, but that's because I'm a whooooore for science.

Efficient UI
Craver Neighbor
DUDE -Insert thing here- LAMO
Broken Lord Megacity
Cultist Megacity

Do we have a meme about nerve-stapler?

The Allayi dying out by Endless Space bums me more than anything. At least the Vaulters and Broken Lords made it out alive.

So is there any reason to get Endless Space 1 with ES2 out aside from maybe the Vaulters and Auriga?

To see how much the studio changed since their first game.

this is still the honorary city builder general, right?
Just picked up Caesar 3, what should I expect

/cbg/ is here yeah

>Caaesar 3
Oh boy, where to start? It's the base of Sierra's city builder, probably the earliest one.

What to expect :
>getting sick as fuck of that fucking music
>losing a lot of building because engineers and prefects are differents (in the later games, they're mixed in one)
>losing a lot of money and making Caesar angry at you
>spending a lot on gardens because you fucked up your building placements

Apparently the cops in my city want me to move in a superhero. Looks like they want to outsource to a pajama wearing dork.

Is Beacon of Liberty worth taking if you aren't also playing with Agrarian Idyll?

Depends, what's your ethos look like?

Right now we're looking at Materialist/Egalitarian/Militarist.

I tried playing the Pacifist way, with Agrarian Idyll, but then I found out that Egalitarian Militarists are great for warmongering -- and it's lame to just expand so slowly.

But I still want to farm some Unity, so... I dunno. I hear that the Parliamentary System civic increases Egalitarian attraction, is that true?

Holy shit, the Gods get pissed at you every 5 minutes if you aren't constantly building temples what the fuck

Nostalgia makes me actually really like the music, but I'm sure for a first time player it'll get annoying real quick.

I actually really liked Caesar III. I feel like the big thing will be how annoyed you get with things like wolves, and actually getting houses to upgrade properly because pathing is kinda weird

>riftborn keep spamming dilation singularities on my system as cravers
thanks I guess

It's one temple per god for 600 habitants if I remember right.

Beacon of liberty is your best bet then, but I don't actually know about that.

What should I specialize my first city into? I'm thinking towards tourism, but there's also some good mineral deposits and along with I'm going to need a university if I do build a factory heavy city.

I mean, I guess I'm asking if you recommend it. Because, if that 15% isn't going to be worth much at the beginning, I could always go with something like Technocracy and adopt Beacon of Liberty later in the game, when I have some Unity-producing buildings constructed.

thanks, good to know. Still a little annoying that I need to build so many temples at a time, but I guess they want you to make a high-class temple and Senate area

I would wait until you get the third civic tech before you select beacon of liberty, it sucks during the first part of the game, but gets better has you go on. Although a spiritualist has an easier time getting unity then a materialist empire does.

I went with Materialist largely because I wanted Technocracy, but I agree with you -- it's better to choose Spiritualist until 1.8, which will allow Synthetic empires to assimilate newly-acquired pops. I'll make that chance.

So, which civics would you recommend for a Spiritualist/Militarist/Egalitarian empire?

>there are no torrents of Endless Space 2 that aren't like 4 months out of date

DED

Beacon of liberty, mining guilds and maybe citizen service?

Thanks for the heads up -- I think I'll go with Nationalistic Zeal, though, because I'm not using Xenophobe anymore to expand my borders.

Is the Utopian Living Standards option bugged? All of the pops on my Capital are still at 50% happiness.

Yea, I think so.

What? That sucks!

I want that +20% happiness!

I've started a new game and it's working now.

So, in order to afford Extremely Adaptive, I've taken Sedentary and Wasteful. Would you recommend another negative trait, instead of Wasteful? With Egalitarian it's only a +10% increase in consumer goods, but I'm curious if there's a better option.

just buy it user, good game and good company

i will in the halloween sale or something

My personal experience if you do have utopian abundance working, you can take solitary, sedentary and maybe deviant since utopian abundance cancels out any negative you get from an faction pop that's unhappy.

You can build grand temple or oracles (basically small temples but for every god), but they cost marble.

Also, if you're on a peaceful map (can't build fort) you can neglect Mars. You can also have festivals (in the advisors screen) to make gods happy.
The lastest patches let you turn off the gods.
In the following games, gods are changed to be simpler to deal with. Emperor has only three gods that can get upset, and while you can't build temples for them, you can easily buy them with gifts (mostly goods).

Hrm. I DO have Spiritualist; that would very nearly cancel out Deviant's effect.

The RA 2 version of Hell March is better.

Meet me behind the gymnasium in ten minutes, nerd.

Wait for a sale.

Kind of the same here, but I'm not even sure how to git gud with them. City building and expansion already have me stumped. They seem to be fucked on going wide until well into the game due to the +150% expansion disapproval. And going tall doesn't seem too feasible either with the prohibitive Pearl cost on Garths (even with the -40% reduction from an Allayi governor) if you want more than 6-8 tile cities in multiple cities.

>mfw I bought Stellaris against my best judgement
You guys weren't kidding. The first game was really fun, but the AI always federates against me and fuck me in the ass, and restarting a new game is just tedious. Couldn't Paradox have installed some bookmarks?

>paradox
>quality of life improvements

what are you, crazy?

>tedious
welcome to 4x