Ultimate euro shitbox

hey Veeky Forums europoor here looking for a shitbox that would be suitable as a delivery car
must be
>cheap (obviously)
>somewhat reliable
>not huge
>not diesel
>easy to work on
>doesnt rust too bad
So far im thinking B3, maybe B4 passat could do the job or maybe mk3 golf/vento. Im not sure on the reliabilty on those since they are so damn old.
Audi 80 (b3/b4) would be good, they seem like the go to shitbox here
Pls suggest something but it cant be japanese because those are all rusted to shit

Attached: Volkswagen Passat B3 (3).jpg (730x547, 49K)

Ford Galaxy

I'm voting for the Audi 80.
What are you going to be delivering? I want to get a driving job myself, but everyone demands at least two years of driving experience and I've only been driving for one year.

B3 and B4 Passat are pretty much the same car with different body panels, and very close to the mk3 Golf/Jetta/Vento mechanically. Damn near indestructible aside from the occasional electronic fuckup and some rust, especially the 2.slow and 1.9 TDI models.
B3/B4 Audi 80 are mechanically just as solid, generally have a bit more electronic shit to fuck up but they're galvanized so they basically don't rust ever. Check the trunk wiring harness for wear/chafing, short circuits in this area are usually the cause of said electronic fuckups.
2.0 is the same unit as in the VWs, just as bulletproof but a bit slow in the slightly heavier Audi. 2.8 is heavy and thirsty but also reliable. 2.3 is the one you want because inline 5 and Group B heritage. In general, they require more effort but aren't necessarily more difficult to work on than their VW cousins, just more tedious.

Or get something French from the early '90s, a 106/306 for instance is fun as fuck to drive, mechanically pretty simple and reliable, not very thirsty and Peugeot really stepped up their rustproofing game during this time.

[spoiler]Or just get a Twingo for the memes and that super smart interior[/spoiler]

i said not huge
Food, wolt just came to my country and apparently they have super flexible work hours which works for me because i study
2.0 is probably the best option since well equipped audi 80s dont get sold that often here, people have some sort of strange attachment to them.
Many b3 passats have the 1.8 90hp injection engine which must be good, father had one for 10 years without a single problem. Thirst isnt too much of a problem since lpg is a must for me.
Pre 2000 French cars are very rare here in the east and mostly renault. If the twingo memes are true i might look into it.

Attached: 11076718-807866445955788-928480503-n.jpg (960x539, 135K)

Lada Samara

Oh wolt recently came to Lithuania too. I don't like it however because you have to pay for your own gas and there is no guarantee on what you'll earn per hour. Plus the pay is pretty shit.

really, they dont cover fuel? well how much do they pay? My last job was a huge scam at 2.40€/h cant be worse than that.

>2,40€/h
i wouldnt even leave the house for that

>twingo (80% of deliverie cars here are twingos they cant be wrong)
>clio
>polo 6n
>the ford fiesta/mazda 323

as i said, scam but there are places where people are willing to work for 2.20/h and thats before taxes. I dont even know how the fuck people survive here when prices and taxes are the same as in western countries but the wages are 4-5x lower.
very few twingos so if i wanted one i would have to wait for a decent one. Parts aviability might be a problem
>clio
most of them relatively new therefore expensive
>polo
pretty gud yeah
>fiesta/mazda
i do actually have a 2002 323f but it had 2 rust holes and the fuel tank corroded after 1 eastern european winter. Was a pristine example from southern germany but these cars just dont last here.

Just go with the polo. They are so common you shouldn't have any issues with parts and while they aren't as rust resistant as other cars, they don't tend to surprise you with a sneaky rust hole in the rocker panel like old mazdas do.

Fiat Uno?

my car in farhschule was a b3 passat that died while another student was driving. driving instructor made me and some scrawny german kid push the damn thing

Attached: 1993-renault-twingo-05.jpg (3000x1969, 887K)

This!

Why no diesel?

Also my vote goes to Berlingo

Diesel will be outlawed

OP needs a Twingo

Attached: 533039f438be76d258b0e5af.jpg (2144x1424, 1.4M)

(((diversity)))

Attached: 1483847566100.png (400x400, 60K)

>doesnt rust too bad
>mk3 golf
m8 golf 3s are always rusted to shit, you are better off spending a bit more and getting a golf 4, its the best golf anyways

Opel Corsa B is the God Machine of cheap and reliable transportation in Germany.
1.2 16V has a timing chain, will outlast you. Good fuel efficiency, plenty of spare parts in every junkjard. You can find a near perfect granny-driven example for like 1.5k€.
Protip: Look for cars with the very reliable and smooth 4-speed automatic transmission. This way you'll find clean cars that have not been raced and riced to hell and back by Yuri and Dennis.

oh god the golden one

Gains FVCKING KITCHEN, in all actuality.

>Damn near indestructible
>1.9 TDI models.

this is how I know you've never owned a VAG tdi. The only reason why they have a reputation for reliability is because they're relatively easy to work on, and spare parts (and cars) are plentiful. Their turbos are fragile as fuck, the injection nozzles die every 120k km or so and their alternators and starters will die at the drop of a hat. It will also randomly decide to just eat your head gasket. The block itself is solid, it's just that everything that's attached to it is made of plastic and expensive tears. Get the NA 1.9 diesel, that at least will spare you from the fucking turbos.

t. 1.9 tdi mk4 golf owner

>turbo replacement 90k km
>alternator and head gasket 120k km
>turbo again 140k km
>starter 150k km
>catalytic converter nearly dead at current 170k km
>injection nozzles can go literally any second
>two years ago the ecu randomly died and stayed dead for almost a week and i have no idea if it will happen again

cant remember when was the last time i even saw one of those
i hate diesel
not as bad as jap cars, still a chance to find one
oh fuck no. Know a girl with a corsa b. It breaks down all the time, i have towed it more than once and its so damn worthless that every repair will total it. Here they are worth 500€ max i doubt you will find anyone willing to spend 1.5k on an old corsa.
>NA diesel
How are SDIs holding up? With a massive 55kw of power arent they all dead by now since you'd have to floor it everywhere in the city?
My car has 121kw and still it could use more power in city traffic.

>How are SDIs holding up? With a massive 55kw of power arent they all dead by now since you'd have to floor it everywhere in the city?

The turbo is the most failure-prone part of the 1.9tdi, and is also the part that is most associated with failure due to constant high revs. The SDIs are eternal since even though you have to floor it everywhere the block is massively overbuilt for the anemic pressure. It won't solve the shitty electronics or the chinesium alternator/starter, but it will at least relieve you of the component most likely to fail and do so expensively.

nissan micras everhywhere. even in the case of spectacular blow up, they cost 500-600pounds for the mint one

Citroen Berlingo
Fiat Fiorino
Renault Express
Renault Kangoo
Peugeot Partner
Citroen C15
Opel Combo
Fiat Doblo
VW Caddy (also the SEAT/Skoda version)

All are available in Petrol but some are rare.

In all DI diesel the injectiors rarely last for more than 120k.
That's how long they last in Transit vans too.

I bought a 750 euro golf mk3 shitbox and it's been great so far. Just be sure to know what to look for before buying so you don't get scammed by t*rk salesmen.

If you include the dual mass flywheel it's exactly what I'm going through with my toyota 2.0 d4d

Yo forgot one

Attached: 1484083986093.png (356x426, 113K)

> injection nozzles die every 120k km

Really? That`s as bad as common rail engines.

Peugeot 205

No it won't.

>T platform is always the answer

Attached: images (17).jpg (280x176, 19K)