C63S vs M4 vs 911

Which one and why?

Attached: ECEBEDDB-E616-4A32-9EC4-7493B5452665.jpg (420x280, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iYIE7evKKVM&app=desktop
youtube.com/watch?v=54hXKkzCh_I
youtube.com/watch?v=9Dp8IL2gp6o
youtube.com/watch?v=YF2Yr-Wgan8
youtube.com/watch?v=mdA2rg4V3-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Both the merc and bimmer run 0-60 in 3.9 and are pretty sexy looking. Both are 75k for a certified 2017

For the 911 I’d get a 2015 certified Carrera S for a little bit more and with more miles. I’d also lose the practicality of the backseats but gain performance around corners. This isn’t a huge benefit as most of my spirited driving is in a straight line.

Attached: 8F088426-C932-45B2-A22E-686780BC2B7A.jpg (1920x1285, 589K)

I definitely prefer the looks of the c63 over the m4 though the bmw has a superior transmission and sexy wheels available.

I suppose it comes down to appearance and maybe some other criteria which I might be missing. This would be a DD

Attached: F60A553D-65EE-45A4-970B-0B3A539575D0.jpg (658x439, 133K)

C63S and M4 are modified luxury cars that are heavy as fuck and will never reach the overall performance and handling of cars that were designed from the start to be sportscars like the 911 series.

Definitely true but I appreciate their increased practicality for daily driving. Not being able to pack a couple of my friends in the back is a bit of a disadvantage. The other issue is I’d be sacrificing car condition and money for the increased performance and sexy looks. This is hard decision - I’d be happy with any of them but I don’t want to feel regret that I picked the wrong one

Porsche
Better performance, better looks, but above all else, more likely to attract betches

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

basically, essentially, fundamentally, principally this

Attached: Hibike!.Euphonium.600.2044134.jpg (600x380, 77K)

Whaddaya mean? You can attract only one unless you go for a cayenne.

busty blonde in the front, redhead 'babe' in the back with legs arranged diagonally

911. Because it was desinged to be a sportscar from the start while the other two are based on regular Saloons

Mmm I like the sound of that

>Hibike!
You are a man of class and sophistication.

Don’t forget the M4 also has a limited slip and better handling characteristics. I also like the interior better, although the C63 has that beefy V8, shame it’s not NA anymore.

M4 is much lighter than a C63 though the 911 will still be more of a driver’s car.

As a daily? M4. I like the C63 but I think with an M4 I could still sling it around the canyons easily, and it has enough interior room and trunk space to remain practical.

For a track toy/weekend car? 911 all the way

911. Carrera 2, manual please.
>perfect all around sports car
>usable rear seats or additional trunk space so it's more practical than you'd think
>better traction due to the rear engine
>optional Ski rack available
>sports seats from the GT3 also optional
>plenty of variants and other options can turn a 911 into all kinds of different sports cars, GTs, supercars or track cars depending on what you order
>much more of a driver's car than those souped up sedans, also lower seating position
>very restrained styling for 2018, the M4 and Mercedes whatever look very ricey in comparison

I haven't driven an M4, but the C63 was very disappointing. Dead steering, terrible visibilty, weirdly artificial sounding engine, crashy suspension, 'sports seats' way too wide to hold the driver in place.
I really don't get what this car is for.

Attached: 991 v66.jpg (950x551, 98K)

M4 weighs the same as the 911. How is that “heavy as fuck”

m4 is a hideous piece of trash and sounds like a broken vacuum cleaner.
c63 is hideous but the engine and exhaust are great.
911 probably looks the best but non turbo or gts versions are too much of a woman's car.

/thread
M4 is best of both worlds.

bmw and mercedes are boring old fogey cars for rich arabs and chinks that will break down after 5 years.

>wet fart noise
>”great sound”

Mate, the 911 weights 200kg less than the M4.

nice but I think it makes more sense for me to go with a pre owned carrera s. I prefer the sound and throttle response of the naturally aspirated 3.8.

seems like everyone prefers the 911, and even some of you gave some pretty convincing arguments.

Which begs the question
>CAN ANYTHING COMPETE?

Carrera S PDK weighs 3363lbs/1525kg according to Car and Driver. That is the same as a manual M4 coupe.

in terms of sports car - no, nothing can compete with 911.
in terms of daily driver many other coupes can compete.

3k civic with a few simple mods

Attached: duck.jpg (500x375, 138K)

y u lie dough?

Attached: topKEK.jpg (1224x270, 58K)

According to Car and Driver, the M4 starts at just over 1600kg and can be as heavy as 1880kg.

I only know the facelift model (so with turbos), and that felt very much like an NA car. Hardly any lag, no sudden mid range torque shove, still liked to rev.

I have also heard the earlier electric power steering wasn't as good, so I'd recommend driving both versions. But I totally get it: Winding out an NA car is so much more satisfying, even if it's a bit slower

Attached: 991 R (2).jpg (750x733, 137K)

According to Porsche home page the 911 Carrera with manual weighs 1570kg.

Attached: 48102C76-F824-4124-A4CF-33948E25027D.png (750x1334, 82K)

Also M4 can weigh as low as 3300lbs

Attached: BD14026E-A6F8-4134-886F-96219497E253.jpg (745x1065, 172K)

>m4 gts makes 164 hp/L
>c63s makes 125
Wow what an impressive engine

RS3
S

no need to bring out the M4 GTS, even the base model m4 with comp. pack does 150hp/l.
>haldex fwd shitbox
kill youreselfe

According to wikipedia a 911 Carrera is 1450, a Carrera S 1470kg + 30kg for the facelift.

i’m fairly sure porsche.com is a more valid source than wikipedia

Yeah true, I was thinking gts would be overkill, but considering we’re comparing the C63s and not the C63 I thought it would be appropriate. When you compare just the C63 vs M4 it’s even sadder

no one ever even bothers reviewing the base model E63, C63 etc because they are trash. Funny how always base model BMW M3, M4, M5 etc are always reviewed against the Benz “S” models

Doesn't really matter since they're both just riced out sedans anyway. Not much of a point in comparing these to an actual sportscar

Yeah man, I mean amg V8’s are cool and everything but they have nothing on the artwork bmw has been doing with the inline 6 for decades now.

The RS4/RS5 are supposed to compete against the M3/M4 and C63 and they're nowhere near as good anyway.

This
>fucking went from v8 to v6 with no increase in power for consolation
>dual clutch to 'semi-automatic'
Audi sucks cock

new RS5 is probably the worst sounding performance car of all time.
And I thought the M4 sounds bad
youtube.com/watch?v=iYIE7evKKVM&app=desktop

V6’s usually sound like complete ass, nothing new. I think the tt rs actually sounds decent though

TTRS and RS3 sound great, honestly the new RS4/5 should have had the inline 5 too.

The 20 years old B5 sounds better, fucking hilarious. The new one just sounds incredibly bland with some pops and crackles thrown in here and there.
youtube.com/watch?v=54hXKkzCh_I

Exactly, the best things audi has ever had going for them are quattro and their inline 5 (that V12 diesel they made was actually kind of cool too). The TTrs and Rs3 have both of those things, so I think they’re pretty much the only audi products worth being, although they’re still overpriced in my opinion.

C63, because glorious powerful V8

Attached: yuuuge5.jpg (1453x2073, 677K)

I'm surprised no one corrected you.

BMW v. MB

M2 v. C63S

M4 v. 2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG E 63

Then again maybe that's more of an M5

or M6 vs. 2018 AMG S63

but then ...

HOLY SHIT:

2019 BMW M8 Gran Coupe
youtube.com/watch?v=9Dp8IL2gp6o

BUT WAIT... THERE'S MORE

2019 Mercedes Maybach 6 Cabriolet
youtube.com/watch?v=YF2Yr-Wgan8

Confused? Good.
2018 BMW M9
youtube.com/watch?v=mdA2rg4V3-c

You're fucking retarded

Any opinions from people who have actually driven these cars for a reasonable amount of time?

do you know where you are?

Here is my opinion on my Porsche and a BMW that I drove and which has an equivalent power (Cayman S 295 hp vs BMW 135i 306 hp)

The BMWs are made for autoban, porsches for the circuit, there is no hesitation between these two different philosophy.

>I’d be happy with any of them but I don’t want to feel regret that I picked the wrong one

I you don't want regret and want 100% fun, take to the 911

I’ve driven a M4 convertible and new C63S coupe.
M4 has a rougher ride but way better handling and the interior quality is slightly better. The sound is not that bad in real life, I liked it.
C63S was softer and more comfortable.
If I had to pick one I’d go for the M4 coupe because it looks great imo and is a more extreme fun machine

I think the C63 will offer the best day-to-day experience for an average driver who likes a good sounding and practical car with a great engine and who doesn't care that it might be slower on some racetrack. All three offer a performance potential that will not be exhausted by an average driver.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this my good friend.

this.

>hans, we need new wheel designs, our old ones are all shit
>lets ask some random arabs on instragam for help

Attached: 46e02e1s-1920.jpg (1024x678, 260K)

bmw has had the best wheels historically
i still remember how everyone was blown away by the e39 m5 wheels when it was released

Attached: BB8BCCC3-D4B1-40A4-809E-3B33860C6798.jpg (600x450, 77K)

Ahh the e39 560i, my uncle had one of those

didnt realize I posted an ls swapped e39