Should I buy a 2018 civic type R?

should I buy a 2018 civic type R?

Attached: IMG_6589.jpg (620x349, 39K)

No

>FWD

is that what you want? then sure

do you want something else? then you shouldn't

>made in england

Sure it will be a fun car. But no one over the age of 20 will ever take you seriously after they see it.

Tried to buy one a few months ago, every dealership wants $5k over sticker for it because boyracers are willing to blow all their money on it.

Went for a WRX instead.

Its so overstyled, it makes me angry and aggressive for some reason. Like i want to take a bat and smash the fuck out of it hard. I want to drive it straight in to pole or tree as hard as i can, get out of car if still alive and then set it on fire

I would, but consider the competition for the price. *note I'm counting all performance oriented cars in the price range
>VW Golf R
>Subaru WRX STI
>Nissan 370Z
>Chevrolet Camaro V6 1LE
>Ford Focus RS
>Ford Mustang Ecoboost track pack
>Dodge Challenger GT

Attached: 1481121816850.jpg (1280x960, 381K)

The only reasonable gripe I have with it is the fake vents. The rest is there to produce downforce.

I wish they made a milder 2 door version with just a trunk lip

good choice

Not bad car but bad price.

>nearly 40k
>slower than cars ~30k

>I wish they made a milder 2 door version with just a trunk lip
Bam! Wish granted! The Honda Civic Si.

Attached: 2018-Honda-Civic-Coupe.jpg (1280x853, 118K)

ugly ass megatron lookin car

who the fuck designed this mess

can you imagine how embarrassing it would be being seen in one of these if you are over the age of 12

Absolutely not. And I'm not saying that because HURR DURR FWD it's faster than some RWD cars. I'm saying that because it's fucking grotesque and overpriced. Wait a year and buy a 2018 model for $28k.

Yeah except that wing doesn't actually produce any down force because it's flimsy cheap plastic that flexes. And even if it did, it would produce down force to the rear wheels in a front wheel drive car.
A wing that would produce down force to the rear wheels in a front wheel drive car.

Let me know when they make it with 306hp.

I really like front of TypeR. However back is so fucking bad, it makes me rage passively. I hate it so fucking much, but i cant do anything about it. That shitty huge edgy spoiler, those fucked up overcomplicated taillights, those huge ass uncolored black plastic fake vents, that triple exhaust is absolutely unnecesary, that lower rear bumper lip is too "in your face". Man, wheres the fucking simplicity, i thought minimalism is a thing in 2018

just buy a 1.5T

Attached: pers.jpg (600x600, 77K)

No VTEC no buy

are you going to drive it everyday? then no. get a bmw, preferably a station wagon variant

they wouldnt sell me one for MSRP so I bought a 2018 sti instead for 34k

>Ford Mustang Ecoboost Track pack
Nigga the fuck? If that's even a package it would cost near the same as a used GT performance pack

Too bad it isn't a hatchback
Or a type R with all the goodies that comes with it

They really need to make a 2 door civic hatch Si and type R version

a crx? yes honda needs to make one

civic coupe is redundant anyway, bring back the prelude

meh. You get a turbo to make up for it.

They won't make a new CRX. That's what the CR-Z was supposed to be and because they fucked up the execution, they now assume there's no market for it.

crz was a failure because hybrid only and only 2 seater

The Civic Coupe is redundant how?
The Integra was the restyled Civic coupe.
The Prelude was a restyled Accord coupe. With the Accord coupe recently killed off, a Prelude revival could be a thing.

The original CRX was a 2 seater. make another argument.

They shouldn't have called it the CRZ. It has way more in common with the Gen1 Insight. It might have recieved less harsh reviews if they named it something else
Its MPG is inexcusable though. If a regular honda fit can get the same milage as a hybrid, there is no excuse for the existing of the hybrid tech in that car

hmm i guess that makes sense, was wondering why it was replaced with the del sol. civic coupe looks like ass.

literally all of these are better cars than the type R.

Also a new Stinger, 86 with $15000 in mods, or base mustang GT.

You could also get a lightly used, sub 50,000 mile:
Mustang Boss 302
Camaro SS
Panamera
S4
M2
M3
M4
CTS-V
ATS-V
Genesis Coupe and put $10000 into suspension and the engine
S/V60 Polestar
Elise
C6 Z06

>It has way more in common with the Gen1 Insight.
No. The first Insight is a better CRX than the CRZ due to the chassis dynamics.
The CR-Z's issue is it was based on the Honda Fit (so a shit chassis), and got an un-needed hybrid drivetrain (which got the same gas mileage as a normal gas 1.5L Fit, with which it shared its engine).

point is:
why would anyone buy a type R?

There's a new STI coming soon and unless you're doing it all in cash, LIKE YOU SHOULD BE DOING, just wait a bit longer for the earier ones to come off lease and save some mun.

Attached: 1513219653557.jpg (2000x1500, 1.76M)

Too expensive OP, plenty of great cars for same price or less. Hell you could get a lotus at that price.

only if u buy a pair of skate shoes, raybans and a straight billed hat so everyone will know that your making up for your lack of personality