What was Honda thinking?

Idk about anyone else, but I think most Accords look quite nice. 1st-5th gens are really nice looking and decently built cars. 6th-8th weren't much special, mainly from the rear, but the 9th I thought was Honda finally making something look nice out of new Accords. Then this thing came out. I don't care if it can come with a detuned Type-R engine, its ugly inside out and still FWD. Just shows that manufacturer's aren't trying to sell a nice street piece, just some junk with fancy and blinding LEDs and a screen that connects to a $1000 mobile facebook machine

Attached: 2018 Accord.jpg (916x515, 289K)

i think it looks good and don't care about other's opinions

I have a '17 with leather and the v6.

T B H it's a great DD.

Attached: accord3.jpg (1024x768, 213K)

yours looks quite nice really, but the '18 is a complete abomination

looks great compared to other late model Honda's

Attached: 63D925CE-9D48-46DB-AFA1-55249F638BB1.jpg (1200x900, 265K)

it's an objectively ugly car with too much shit happening at once, they were trying too hard and it will age very badly

I like that body style, its clean. The new one to me is too flashy and the trunk line has no depth

They know their fanboys will gobble that shit up even with the numerous recalls and transmission failures. When has Honda ever done anything right besides the NSX? Even that's pushing it because those lazy fucks just threw an Accord drivetrain in it.

2018, easily better looking than others in that Honda year.
>Acura and older Hondas block your path

Lmao proportions are just plain ugly and wrong. Beltline too low, windows too huge, front too sleek, back too bulky. Oh and that beltline not only too low but weirdly curvy too

That's the thing, they've rarely nailed a car. Any coupe from lets say the 90's is haunted by FWD, newer ones are bland, and they've rarely put out more than 200hp, which if they were RWD or AWD, would be fine in my book. The Civic Wagon was AWD, but has a D-series. The CB7 is probably in my book my favorite generation Accord, but they even fucked it with captive rotors

Seconded.

And also the interior really looks nice and clean. Kinda Mazda-ish but that's not a bad thing.
>and they kept the volume knob instead of that touch-sensitve bullshit from the Civic

Attached: 2018-Honda-Accord-cockpit.jpg (1024x683, 157K)

Refine the 9th gen facelift exterior, make an AWD model, and implement the new interior = Best gen accord.

>etch-a-sketch on the dash
So this is the power of modern car design...

Attached: 4D87DAFB-1A0E-4B11-BBA4-656CAA94C892.jpg (935x935, 289K)

I agree that the styling is really funky, it's been that way since the 7th gen, however the interiors in Accords are top notch, if you just want a large comfy sedan reliable sedan then it's hard to beat the Accord.

fuck I hate how lardass Hondas have been these past few generations.

The current civic is probably bigger than the first few generations of accords.

This post reads like someone with a 17' accord mad that their car depreciated because the new one is substantially different

you can see where it got its inspiration
honda used to look so modern but now i think they are trying to appeal to older people

Attached: pontiac phoebix.jpg (492x308, 58K)

>windows too huge

DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS FAGGOT IT'S A GOOD THING

Attached: 2016_toyota_c-hr_int_07.jpg (720x405, 30K)

Im not saying its bad for functionality. But design wise it looks outdated and ugly, moreover does not good with rest of body.

The 17' Accord probably went up in value because of how shit the 18' is.