How come skilled drivers are portrayed as quiet and often socially enept in movies and tv shows?

How come skilled drivers are portrayed as quiet and often socially enept in movies and tv shows?

I.E. Takumi, the drive guy, the baby driver guy

Attached: how to drift.gif (560x550, 1.07M)

People whom have real passion and skill typically don't waste energy on personal relationships, what makes them happy is what they're good at.

He was observant, not boisterously sperging out some nonsense because insecurities.

because movies are bullshit

dagumi was fighting in school and converting slut into pure girl, he was doing very well socially. he was only awkward because he wasn't much into cars at first (and show is about cars, so he's constantly being asked about stuff he don't know about) and because he was playing straight man with itsuki

>quiet
i guess i could agree that drivers are usually portrayed as calm people, and that's because being calm is one of most important things in car driving. people constantly lost positions in race because they get too agitated after someone keeps on their tail for some time, and i don't even need to mention daily street driving. people who rage behnd the wheel should have their human rights taken away

in rush, lauda is pretty calm and calculating too, yet you can't say he's socially inept

It's usually the other way around in real life.
>Chad weaves in and out of traffic with perfect spacial awareness.
>Autismo needs a 30 foot gap before he can even consider a lane change.

that's a weird way of describing autism but fair enough

Because they copy the stig

To pander to autists I guess. Real drivers go around sleeping with thousands of women and partying.

Can confirm.

>i guess i could agree that drivers are usually portrayed as calm people, and that's because being calm is one of most important things in car driving.
This sounds about right.

All you need are history books.

Attached: 1497558455.jpg (960x655, 140K)

the kid from baby driver looked like an autist version of that dooder from workaholics

>initial d
>drive
>baby driver

made by virgins for virgins, plain and simple

Attached: tumblr_m6bb7bzXni1qlfae7o2_500.gif (500x281, 489K)

I want his hair

I am about %95 sure that you photoshopped yourself next to a ferrari at least once

is that show worth watching? I downloaded it like a year ago but completely forgot about it

I tried watching the first episode and contracted HIV

>How come skilled drivers are portrayed as quiet and often socially enept in movies and tv shows?

Cause they are.

t. skilled Evo driver

And then you woke up.

Real skilled drivers only talk to their passenger and text at the same time while causing a minimum of 10 (motor)cyclists to fall every day

>drives an evo
>skilled
Didn't they stop being popular when tokyo drift died out?

best answer

That's a movie

He thinks Redline is Space Dandy