Redpill me on the 5th generation 4Runner

Redpill me on the 5th generation 4Runner

Attached: 2015_4Runner_TRD_Pro_with_optional_bug_guard_installed.jpg (2316x1738, 1.19M)

>v6
>Automatic

Soccer mom transporter

its a glorified minivan that rapes your wallet because its a toyota, if you want to offroad go buy a jeep or something

its made in japan and is a body on frame suv

Not OP, but I still kinda want one. I live in Southern California so it's not practical...

But still, fuck you fags. I like the looks of them. And I'd like a black one with a 3.5" lift and 33s

>Soccer mom transporter

That's not a Tahoe or an Expedition though.

also body on frame suv's

Body on frame is better for offroading you dumb nignog. Unibody SUVs are for businesswomen and wannabe VIPs.

>if you want to offroad go buy a jeep

I want to offroad, but I also want to offroad in something with a transmission that won't shit the bed.

I'm also looking to get one soon OP. I want an SR5 or Trail and it's hard to find a used one that isn't a Limited trim in my area. Do you have the same problem?

I like the the rear window rolls down. Like the interior. O.k. With exterior...not o.k. With the price.

I see almost all guys driving these...not any soccer mom s

$40k for 280hp and drum brakes.
Slow on the highway and drinks fuel like a V8.
The interior is cramped in the back with adults and rattles and squeaks as much as your average domestic shitbox.
If you look on yota forums you'll find out that they still have their fair share of mechanical issues.

not too knowledgeable on cars.
what does this mean?

it's a real suv

It's not actually made in or sold in Japan. It is a North American specific Toyota.

it's made in japan

So what's the best gen 4runner to go with or are you better off with a Tacoma?

Not for the last 15 years.

5th gen is exclusively made in japan

it's a barebones lancer prado, america gets the cuck trim unless you get a gx

Simultaneously very good and overrated.
>I'm asspained that they stopped making the FJ, srs.
Bad? No, it's a real SUV. Has actual ground clearance, "pretty good" space, 4x4 and all that.

Fuel economy and power aren't great, and it's just about a "fullsize" (large) vehicle. V6 power, V8 mileage. The worst of both.
It's big on the outside, it's "eh" on the inside, the worst of both.
>Reality: those "slightly larger" vehicles with muh V8s are usually significantly more expensive.

"value wise", It's not that luxurious, not that comfy - I'd rather have a jeep wrangler offroad (solid axes > IFS, amongst other things).

But it's "Good enough" at a enough things.
Garbage? No, no.
Good? Yes.
Would you like it? I think so.
"perfect, don't consider any alternatives" - No. Think about the reasons you want to get one, then compare it to other things that do that task.

If at the end you walk away with the 4runner, cool. If you needed more specialization in say, people comfort, highways, etc? Alright.

Attached: Gentlemen..png (219x230, 5K)

nissan armada is what you want for basically loaded 4runner money

Only illegals drive Armadas

not the new ones

Am not super familiar with the Armada

>Speaking out my ass for a moment though

I will say it appears that for MY preferences an armada might have been a better alternative to the 4runner, (space power etc).

But that $50k Armada, gets close to that "Well for a little more" you can get yourself a Lexus GX. Comfyguy edition 4Runner with a V8.
But looking at the front of that GX now, I don't see much offroading going on in that.

Attached: usc70les151a021001.png (500x330, 188K)

armada is bigger and has a better engine, nissan v8s are god tier

>solid axes > IFS

oh boy this meme again

for anything other than a strictly dedicated offroad rig, IFS is absolutely, undeniably the better choice

only a fucking retard would advocate for SFA on a vehicle that's going to spend at LEAST 75% of its life on paved surfaces

coincidentally, that's one of the many reasons why JK owners are fucking retards

Attached: Datairdam.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

>Made in Japan
Wrong. It's made by Bud and Chuck in your home town.

it's made in japan go on cars.com and look at the stickers or look up the vins

nissan armada is also made in japan

Arguing that nissan anything is better than toyota anything on the internet
>pepper your angus

I would rather have the V8, and I do agree with you. I was once looking at an expedition. But I didn't like the engine choices at the time.
The 5.4 and ecoboost. No thanks.

>solid axes > IFS
>oh boy this meme again

Which is why I said, "For offroad."

>only a fucking retard would advocate for SFA on a vehicle that's going to spend at LEAST 75% of its life on paved surfaces
SFA are better for trucks in the 3/4 and 1ton class, many of those spend a lot of time on paved surfaces my main man.

Attached: 2017_nissan_armada_msrp.jpg (810x450, 41K)

So you're someone who actually knows about what Nissan offers on the market, I'm going to assume you're a fan of some sort, someone who keeps up onthis stuff - Did they address the year 1 bugs with the cummins 5.0 in the XD Titan?

gx is a trophy wife car, 4runner is for soyboys who don't want to look like soyboys

i have no idea, the armada is the only thing i like

Here's the problem with all of you. The 4Runner is an old school body on frame SUV. It's an SUV. Therefore it's going to do SUV things. Bad fuel mileage. Not too comfy. Not great power for serious towing and such.

So when you guys say fuel economy sucks or the interior is meh or it's just a glorified minivan, you're treating it like the very thing it's avoided becoming: a crossover.

If you want better MPGs with a more comfy interior with light (VERY light) offroad capabilities, it's called the Highlander.

So now we're comparing mallcrawlers, offroad vehicles, and trucks with 20,000lbs capacities in the same group.

OK faggot, keep moving those goalposts.

Keep shilling your nigger brand too.

There's a reason Nissan comes last in literally everything these days.

GTR can't even beat Corvette.

What's wrong with soccer moms?

4th gens had v8s and looks better than a poorly done throwback that looks like a chrysler from the daimler era

*quietly appreciates in value*

Attached: fj cruiser_white bezel_green.jpg (800x600, 68K)

>GTR can't even beat Corvette.
>Moving goalposts

1) I'm a mopar guy, I'm no GT-R apologist. I think the Vette's a sweet machine, and considering Ford won't sell you a GT nor can you buy one from someone, it's vaporware. Vette's more desirable than that boostlet turd.

2)You didn't specify the SFA hatred, I specified my preference to the context of offroaders. You were the one who sperged out.
I corrected you for forgetting big trucks.
Sloppiness is your fault not mine, "Faggot".

3) Blackpeople brand, not sure what you're sperging about here

4) I'm not a nissan guy, I'm humoring the armada as a neat vehicle, an alternative dollar for dollar in the 4runners price-bracket.

5) Grab the decaf mate.

Attached: 10580225_814397208601272_7754933050111666903_n.jpg (400x299, 18K)

Well user, there are two types of bodies for cars. Unibody and Body on Frame. Unibody cars are a shell, like a skeleton that all the parts go into. Body on frame is when there are two parts of a car, the body and frame. The frame has the drive train, the stuff that makes it move. The body is the place where you put yourself. You can drive a body on frame vehicle without the body. Body on frame is cheaper to produce and better for towing but unibody is safer and more connected than a body on frame. Picture is a Chevy's body and it's frame being separated.

Attached: zGUP7Et.jpg (3264x1836, 963K)

>I'm a mopar guy

Why didn't you tell us you were disabled? Wouldn't have been so rough on you.

Attached: amerimutt.jpg (953x1000, 161K)

>But muh hellcat
>but muh demon
>muh 707hp
>muh Hemi
>muh displacement

Attached: 7a5.gif (482x800, 29K)

>unibody is safer

Untrue.

It depends entirely on the car, manufacturer, and materials. Pound for pound, a heavy, welded steel frame is going to take an impact better than most pig iron domestic shitbox unibody cuckwagons these days.

>yfw the Chad BOF fucking destroys the virgin unibody

pic related, a BOF vehicle with almost NO front end, and it fares better than majority of unibody shitboxes in a head on collision

Attached: FJ crash test.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

Cool. Thanks.

holy shit it's true

check out your beloved FCA product breh

>10 year old Japanese SUV survives a crash better than brand new top-of-the-line unibody Pacifica

Attached: chrysler pacifica claims your legs.jpg (1199x412, 70K)

They're too busy and tired to get busy.

The new ones are ugly AF. And no one wants them. Illegals will be driving them in two years.

>"Ha you like jeeps, rams, and chargers/challengers? what about this minivan crashtest!"

Attached: 1520808071735.gif (320x352, 3.56M)

I don't really understand the antagonism on this board. Soccer moms buy new so the company can afford to make performance cars for enthusiasts. Soccer moms are just looking out for their families, not trying to cause issues for others.

Jeeps and Rams are BOF you dingus. The post was about unibody vs. BOF, not BOF vs. BOF.

I think you are legitimately retarded.

Attached: flavortown.gif (325x235, 1.59M)

Must be exhausting getting nails done and chatting with the friends all day while the babysitter watches the kids.

they're exhausted from Chads taking them to plow-town 4 days a week

when you see a soccer mom walk into a grocery store mid-day, and she's wearing yoga pants - she didn't just come from yoga, she just came on Chad

Attached: SMH_4142131.jpg (960x960, 128K)

>aren't you interested in this BOF conversation I brought you in this 4Runner thread?!!?!!?"
>I quoted your post with something I was chimping out about that doesn't have much to do with what you were talking about, aren't you interested?!

Nah. I can't say I care much about what you were saying or trying to prove. You said some shit about FCA products I don't care about, I chimed in to say "eh".

Chimp away, my engagement with that is done

Attached: 870 - animated_macro autoplay_gif gif idgaf macro vince_mcmahon.gif (199x127, 760K)

Being a parent is exhausting. Yoga pants are just easy to wear, easy to wash, and suit a lot of different outfits.

>Chad's practice squad plates

Chad picks only from the healthiest and youngest plates. But he does grace the old hags with pounding every so so when it's been awhile
>Dat redpill

Attached: quamire-internet.gif (512x384, 385K)

Stop downplaying my fetish you dickhole.

To be fair, you started running all over with the goalposts, mentioning shit about unibodies and GTRs. Clearly you are just a troll.

Truth be told, most moms to younger children (under 10) are still dealing with body image issues from pregnancy and childbirth and are unlikely to consider doing something like that.

>the unibody cuck tries desperately to justify his virginity
>when mountains of MILF pussy lay before him
>ripe for the picking

spend a few hours on POF or OKCupid, even if you're a 5/10 there will be some lonely mom looking to fuck around with you

Attached: 637124444.jpg (960x720, 71K)

I'm actually a big Land Cruiser fan. Had half a dozen in the family over the years and they're incredibly reliable family vehicles. They tend to rust out before they break which speaks about their build quality.

I'm fine without dating sites. Bit late now.

Attached: 8cf2a7a8f6f4415fa37545c5eac36649.jpg (1920x1080, 197K)

>Bit late now.

Are you aiming for wizard status?

not ziebarting your car. i live in the southeast but took my car to yankeeland for the rust proofing, mainly to prevent rodents from eating the soy coated wiring

>ziebarting

ziebarting ?
>A sith LORD?

I live in NZ. They get driven on the beach, etc.
Cars are made to get driven and it's better to create a memory with your family than preserve a car in a bubble.

meh its my car get over it

I'm sorry? I was explaining why they rust out here.

good

Get a Land Cruiser, Forrester, or Grand Cherokee, these things reek of compromise.

grand cherokee is a crossover believe it or not

But it's a goddamn good one. One of the few that should actually exist because it actually has offroad capabilities and a reason for it's height.

it fucking sucks actually pham, i had one as a rental for a month and a half, everything in it screams of cheapness

only a certified retard would shill this hard for a FCA product

You had a rental Grand Cherokee? Doubtful. Almost definitely a base model Cherokee. No smart rental company would be using a Grand Cherokee.

Stop lying like a child and grow up.

Had a cherokee, land cruisers don’t interest me and a Forrester is bleh, thanks tho.

Get the new Rav4 instead.

They turned it back into a true off-roader.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Whatcha think he raps for? To push a fuckin’ rave 4?

What kind of stupid fucking nigger would put a rotary selector on a base model and lock the old style transfer case shifter on the TRD off road model

I had one as a rental. Absolutely hated everything about it

Shits got a turbo bro, niggas won't even hear you smokin em.

>not offroading your corolla

Also, best jeep is xj. God, I'd love to own one if only I make enough money to pay the gas and overhaul.

Attached: 1477243824250.jpg (1000x669, 83K)

It was a Grand Cherokee rented to us because the Ridgeline was part of the airbag recall. We needed something that could tow, transport at least 5 people, and had covered cargo space. Literally the only thing rental companies had available was a Grand Cherokee. All of their pickup trucks were missing cappers, and we needed covered space for the dog.

You are such an infantile nigger, I want to slap you and your poorfag preferences.

Attached: hahaha.jpg (443x332, 15K)

Lol and a regular Cherokee would completely fufill those needs. There'd be no reason for the rental company to purchase a Grand Cherokee.

Insurancefag here, you can rent pretty much anything you fucking idiot. We routinely authorize rentals for BMWs, Mercs, Porsches, and other vehicles for our clients. A lot of them are dealing with clients and they have an image to maintain. A real estate agent selling a 3.4 million dollar home can't roll up in a fucking Camry, so we authorize a rental Merc to hold them over while we repair their owned/leased Merc.

Grand Cherokees are a dime a dozen you dense pleb, why do you think they're some kind of high end, expensive luxury vehicle?

>There'd be no reason for the rental company to purchase a Grand Cherokee.

except, you know, maybe to rent it? right?

Attached: 1311611443783.jpg (324x294, 37K)

I have a 2006 it says it was made in Japan right inside the door you twat

Idiot. It is made in at Toyota's Tahara, Aichi plant in Japan.

This is the main reason why it's better built than the Tacoma and Tundra. There is actual quality control over there.

My work limited was an absolute pile of shit. It was so awful I can't imagine myself ever buying another car made in America, Vette and viper excluded.

>offroad go buy a jeep
I dont understand why people only recommend jeeps. They simply do not have the reliability of a toyota. If it is a car that will be your daily driver where you would like the option of offroading from time to time a 4runner seems like a fine choice.

More reliable than a Jeep Wrangler, but also less fun, not as customizable, uglier and less capable