Physical Requirements to be a Truck Driver

I'm especially wondering about height. What would the height cutoff be in terms of being "too short" to drive a rig?

In your opinion of course (and obviously I'm looking for input from people who have worked or actively work in the industry.)

Much thanks in advance!

Attached: Women-in-Trucking-InfoGraphic-Statistics.jpg (800x534, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/tech/2018/03/14/theranos-founder-elizabeth-holmes-charged-massive-fraud/424670002/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A midget could drive a semi with extended pedals, i could climb into a semi when i was just a wee lad

Attached: 1481927443537.jpg (247x249, 11K)

also trucking is a dying job market, 20 years from itll all be self driving what ever they decide on.

>5'10
Lmao truckers are manlets

self driving is a meme and will die out when governments get the bill for "road upgrades and sensors". At that point it would just be cheaper to lay more rail for trains.

I'm curious about your knowledge on the rail system, do you work in the industry?

>20 years

Sounds good to me. I plan to retire before then anyway.

I agree that fully autonomous passengers cars are a meme but a fully autonomous transport system for goods isn't far out of reach(its as simple as amazon scaling outside of their warehouses). Eventually 100% self driving cars will be a thing but i suspect its not in our lifetime. Who knows though a massive breakthrough in computing technology could happen tomorrow and thrust us a million years into the future.

Attached: 1483301275808.jpg (640x539, 44K)

>women in trucking
At least women in tech meme wont fucking kill people. This is dumb and asking for trouble.

for sure, just understand it isn't going to be a night and day switch. It will only get worse and worse until its completely gone. I would talk to some current truckers and ask them if you should become one. With my experience they all say no but your mileage may vary

Attached: 1471790788535.jpg (531x471, 121K)

I don't think height is the reason women don't become truckers. It's probably because so few of them can stand to sit alone in a cab on the highway all day everyday.
All the diversity programs in the world can't change this aspect of the environment. Its probably too much to be worth it even for the political bullshit.

>its 2068
>wake up tangled up on the floor like a living pair of wired headphones
>ask Alexae wtf is going on
>they say in a gender-neutral voice you've been doing nothing but opiocrack for the past 3 days
>refrigerator is also way below optimal capacity
>feel like shit
>hungry as fuck
>delivery drones got outlawed last year due to a school bombing
>rearview mirror on your train broke last week and it got towed from your driverail the same day without your knowledge or consent
>ask alexae to call uber to walmart
>the guy arrives half an hour later
>sends msg "sorry am late bad traffic"
>he's 5 stars and it shows, pulls up all the way to your driverail
>he's driving the latest BMW Z3 Y6 X2 M4 crossover train
>what the fuck
>you don't deserve this
>he rolls down side window
>its the size of a post stamp
>"sorry for the inconvenience"
>open the door, its about 2ft thick
>get in, feel like in a padded cell
>can't see shit through the tiny windows
>no fucking idea where he's taking you
>he probably doesn't know either, playing Crossy Track in the front seat
>suddenly stops
>ask him whats wrong
>"traffic"
>open the door a bit to see
>a winding line of trains stretching to the horizon
>everybody's on the same track
>no railroad switches in sight
>a numale hobo in a 50 year old prius is overtaking everyone

The real reason why women are less represented in trucking is that:
1: Most women don´t want to be away from home for long
2: You need spacial awareness to maneuver a truck

That is the height of the average American

>213lbs average

Obese manlets at that

>With my experience they all say no

Strange. I've had the exact opposite experience, and it's the reason I'm thinking of getting into it now. I was a Taxicab driver in Los Angeles (refuse to become an Uber driver) and I've picked up a lot of truckers that almost seem to begging me to get into the industry.

Many of them say very positive things about the profession, actually. Except they almost all share one thing in common, and that is them telling me I better be ready to WORK. Which I am. Hell I worked 7 days a week 12 hours a day as a cabbie.

Attached: 72230550.jpg (625x352, 256K)

I don't know why you'd want to be a female trucker, but good on you if you finally become one.

haha gay

Girls can drive automatic van trailers

There’s probably like 5 flatbedder women In the world

I've only seen like 2 women working as a conductor, switchman, or brakeman.

Never seen a woman garbageman.

>trains

Really guys. Uber won't have drivers by then. Uber won't exist by then.
Microsoft is 30 years old now. And it's already getting overtaken by Google.

>Never seen a woman garbageman.

I seen 3.

They still looked pretty femenine and non-dyke'ish.

>At least women in tech meme wont fucking kill people.

They can callously lie for bucks just like anyone else while disregarding all the people harmed or who die from those greedy antics.

usatoday.com/story/tech/2018/03/14/theranos-founder-elizabeth-holmes-charged-massive-fraud/424670002/

>lay more rail
I would have thought they invented virtual reality crack hacks by then for use with virtual reality headgear. As for going to the store to physically pick up stuff, walking through a virtual reality store aisle might be better.

I'm 5'5" 165lbs and have no trouble at all driving a big rig

i've worked with some pretty short truck drivers OP.
its not a show stopper
especially when everyone and their mother is desperate for gear mashers

i refuse to drive again until more places switch to hourly pay rate (i'll be retired by then)

Nah, no one is ever going to pay to overhaul all of the docks in every business to be auto-truck friendly. Not to mention that a good 35% of business have a shit setup that a computer just won't figure out without expensive guidance assist.

Fucking do it. I don't ever want to work another weekend and that just can't happen if we can't get enough drivers to get things under control through out the week.

Should be over 5'9, under 6'3. I'm 6'5, too tall to be comfortable.

Biggest requirement is patience since its a dying industry and everyone is determined to be the next big thing. You will be underpaid and overworked. I left late last year, only job I had since high school but I'd rather die than keep doing it.

Good luck.

My count is 5. I've worked for up on the west cost for 5 years