/ovg/ - Fuck Your Bump Limit Edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have!
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Attached: 20180310_203310.jpg (1077x1230, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/605760/gRally/
vocaroo.com/i/s0jDtRKayQfl
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bad thread

sage

quads thread, best thread

checked

Attached: 1520951080018.jpg (700x394, 33K)

Nice quads

Attached: 991.2 RSR.jpg (1920x1080, 274K)

Name a better game.

Attached: PCars2.jpg (460x215, 39K)

Monster Truck Madness 2

Attached: kill me.png (1920x1080, 1.79M)

i know that video
rip old man

almost bought it but

>no mods
>no touges
>no 90s jap shitboxes
>no wagan
ill stick with corsa al dente thx

>pull G27 out of basement
>like halfway through setting it up realize what a colossal fucking waste of energy this is and that I'll have gotten fed up of it being in the way and dumped it in the basement again in like 3 days, assuming I don't just drive two laps and quit
I don't think this semen slurping video game genre is for me anymore. I kind of wish I had a DFGT just because it has the connector plugs on the side instead of hidden underneath where you can't plug or unplug them while the wheel is clamped and I wouldn't feel compelled to attach the shifter for all the buttons. Actually the shifter won't fit on my desk anymore anyways so fuck that thing. It's amazing how I hate wireless keyboards, mice, headphones, controllers, and anything else but the wires on a FFB wheel drive me up the wall.

Attached: 1513259563606.png (250x280, 101K)

>like halfway through setting it up realize what a colossal fucking waste of energy this is and that I'll have gotten fed up of it being in the way and dumped it in the basement again in like 3 days, assuming I don't just drive two laps and quit
You are not very smart are you. It takes me about 30 seconds to install my G29.

The Crew 2, no wait... I fucked up.

I don't need to be called stupid by an illiterate who probably sits 5' from a laptop. No shit it doesn't take 30s when it's been in storage as far away as it could possibly be in the house and the desk space has been used otherwise in the meantime.

Rate my first shitasha famnon

Attached: FB_IMG_1521097815900.jpg (1137x640, 49K)

>I don't need to be called stupid by an illiterate who probably sits 5' from a laptop.
gif related, didn't think you'd lose it so hard.

Attached: 1405229211592.gif (308x310, 2.37M)

>No shit it doesn't take 30s when it's been in storage as far away as it could possibly be in the house and the desk space has been used otherwise in the meantime. Yeah, sorry for the reply taking to long, I had to drive to my warehouse to pick up my keyboard and mouse, like halfway through setting it up realize what a colossal fucking waste of energy this is and that I'll have gotten fed up of it being in the way and dumped it in the basement again in like 3 days, assuming I don't just make 2 posts and quit

Attached: 1521096678901.png (250x280, 89K)

>posting during real cunt hours
Sorry my bad

>Its a shame the handling is maybe the worst of all time.
how so?

>cunt hours
that's it, this thread is now positivity and good vibes thread. post nice thoughts and supportive messages

>pull g27 out of its box
>plug it in and do couple laps in sims
>it's just as fun as ever
>having lots of spare time, will play it a bit more soon
>life is good

i hope you'll have fun playing it anyway - setting up a wheel sure is a bother but in my humble opinion it's totally worth it

Attached: 15176219766742.jpg (818x1024, 147K)

>putting my wheel on my desk was so annoying that I spent $600 for a proper rig and monitor mounts

If I have to do more than plug a USB cable in, it's not happening. Convenience is everything to me. Now I can just jump into the seat and drive badly.

Attached: 1512650591461.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

idk in my opinion it's the best they've made yet, the cars handle somewhat like cars and are predictable and consistent. you can get some feel of what the car is doing and when its going to lose grip, something TDU2 could only dream of. they're still too stiff on jumps and the likes so offroad races are still bouncy bouncy go hit the tree but non shit offroading/jumping is something eden/ivory never ever got right.

>putting my wheel on my desk was so annoying I bought the wireless Xbox 360 wheel and lifted until I could sit there and hold it up for 2.4 hours at a time
Convenience is every time to me. If I have to do more than hold onto a little weight for much longer than the average player then I'm simply not interested, and would probably quit sim racing as a whole if it wasn't for this fantastic wheel.

Why the fuck do you carry it to the basement every time? Just put it on the floor somewhere like a normal human being.

last time i checked the driving felt awful

probbably, but it's not out yet

Attached: customization_18-03-15_101746_960x540.jpg (960x540, 355K)

RR4 when?

never

Attached: real racing 4 relase date extrapolation attempt.jpg (894x568, 90K)

I leave mine hooked up 24/7 and used to just move a monitor to the side so I wasn't craning over the wheel to type.

Now I have triple screens and just move over.

>he doesn't keep his wheel clamped to the side of his desk where he can just move his screen over drive two laps and quit in a matter of seconds
Desk organization is very fun

>organize desk
>have dedicated space for my G27 and keyboard mouse plus a bit more empty space when I wanna work on something else
>I can drive two laps, get mystified about how I don't kill myself in real life and switch off
Still fun though

tempted to buy another monitor so I don't have move mine in front of my wheel when I wanna drive like shit

I thought that was a throttle trace from telemetry

>he doesn't have a rig and VR

this

>He bought into the VR meme

>he bought into the VR meme meme

>his mom wouldn't let him buy into the VR meme so he bought into the VR meme meme

>he can't afford VR

>he bought into the VR meme meme meme

shit, that nigga is going to die

Is there a way to save your game on WMMT 5? I can't find any tutorials on how to set up a card reader but I've found a forum post claiming they had managed to set one up for WMMT 5 but it was on the WMMT 4 section so there wasn't much info other than "we did it"

>OVGT3
>not content with uploading just the mod and tracks, LET'S UPLOAD THE ENTIRE FUCKIN GAME LADS 6GB

what did you all mean by this?

QUADS CONFIRM CURSED IMAGE

don't want redditors stealing our shit again and just plastering their stupid names on top. It's also a great filter to get rid of shitters with toasters and 3rd world connections. Also SJ because he hates everything original.

it's vadim kogay's ovgt3 experience

how do i make assetto cornetto even slightely playable on controller / keyboard and mouse?
i dont have a wheel yet and nomatter what i do its almost impossible to play

drive low HP shitboxes
look up controller setting guides
accept that you will be slower than 60% of the other players
I didn't ever understand AC til I played Forza 7 for the first time, then it became a bit more familiar.

Reminder that redditors stole our arca skinpacks

Attached: vadimkogaygt3experienceJPad.jpg (1929x1023, 1.96M)

having actually opened the game, I see now

this might be the greatest thing ovg has ever done

Is this the pinnacle of sim racing?

Attached: BMW M3 Challenge.jpg (446x450, 42K)

No, this is.

Attached: Total_Immersion_Racing_Coverart.jpg (220x272, 13K)

No, this is.

Attached: Austin Ogonoski's WESCAR Challenge.png (500x468, 99K)

You can save is the patreon versions of technoparrot

O I c

checked

hey, who hates free games
dmca when

Immersion nearly killed me

>Be me
>mostly use public transpot to see friends etc
>decide to sell piece of shit car my dad and step mom bought me and fund a banging gaming PC, oculus rift, CSWv2.5 wheel, rig, etc
>They're as bit pissed off that I sold *my* car but they get over it
>Get hooked on "immersion" - so save my neetbux for first transducers, and then soundcard/amp for SimVibe
>then hear about wind, so start with a cheap industrial floor fan but upgrade to two "bilge blowers" from a marine store with "Simwind" api for iRacing and an arduino board
>breddy gud
>now have full immersion for vision - VR, sound - VR, feeling of vibration and speed dependent wind
>decide I want full immersion for smell, too - I want my rig to smell like a race car
>consider various fragrances that aren't up to scratch
>brain wave
>rig a length of hose to one of the bilge blower inlets, then the other end to a funnel and force fit the funnel over the exhast pipe on my step mom's car
>start the car, jump in rig, fire everything up
>decent exhaust smell wafts in as I drive

So it turns out that a) exhaust fumes can make you pass out and more importantly, *b)*, apparently people kill themselves by doing that

>pass out from fumes - didn't realise I was passing out, just felt like a comfy nap
>found by my step mom when she got home from jogging
>wake up in hospital
>now my dad/step mom think I tried to commut sudoku
>threatening to sell all of MY sim stuff
>I even paid for the hose I used

FML

Full AMS is like 30gb

So I just tried out this GTR2 game. I must say, I'm quite impressed considering its age. One thing of note here is that it actually has a lot of decent mods, including some obscure racing series which I think is pretty darn great.

>driving felt awful
AHAHAHAHAH KEEP TELLING YOURSELF THIS YOU DUMB SHILL

What

>new thread before limit
Lets try this again

@18811313
kys

please consider sudoku

no this is

Attached: dirt4 turn7.webm (1020x578, 2.91M)

DiRT rally? More like SHiT rally
WRC? More like WRSHIT
Rally championship 2000? More like Rally championSHIT

Step aside for the real rally simulator.
store.steampowered.com/app/605760/gRally/

Attached: X Motor racing of rally sims.jpg (1920x1080, 742K)

is there anything planned for sunday races?

No this is

Attached: 1486308532061.png (799x679, 492K)

Someone downloaded the arca skinpack and posted the skinpack on Reddit for some reason

how did someone dare to steal our stuff. We never harmed anyone, so why would anyone do that

>he doesn't know about PATR10T

>RELEASE DATE:
>soon

Whatever you say ghiboz

That joke went over your head just like you go over the curbs at monza

t. PATR10T

I need a link because that sounds hilarious

Attached: drunk prost.webm (480x360, 744K)

Who won?

Attached: srd.jpg (800x480, 122K)

Which of these has their own game with a season starting and 50 signups.

>50 signups
and 15 people showing up

and that insult was about as funny as a facebook meme

Judging on every other series in the past years we've had it's about 50% of the signups that show up for a race, even then 25 is a pretty good number.

muh diuck

>ovg has its own game
>ovg makes its own high quality skins that are ripped by other websites
>ovg has real race car drivers in series
>ovg has real friendships that go see races across the world
>ovg is open source
How can any community compete?

praise kek

Attached: (3).png (750x711, 87K)

digits confirm

idk, I heard there's this /ogc/ thing that's really making strides.

stolen game
fuck you

>Do they have their own game?
No
>Do they make their own high quality skins that are ripped by other websites?
No
>Do they have real race car drivers in series?
No
>Do they have real friendships that go see races across the world?
No
>Are they open source?
No

tags
SJ Spork Juct SporkJuct Adrian Krieger Shadow Government Cipher La Li Lu Le Lo The Patriots

Attached: newrules.png (800x599, 63K)

/rightfulthread/

fuck you Niels

Attached: (8).png (657x527, 29K)

One thing's for sure, they can't compete with the number of people we chased out

Attached: updated.png (931x1969, 304K)

get out of my thread

Attached: 1520556455368.jpg (500x750, 32K)

Attached: 1521010607714.png (778x620, 141K)

fuck you

Bob is back
Kraid is back
Tooley is back
Gnik Rats never left
Katsuo is back
Bracecar is back
Exos never left
Hank is back
Von is back
indycarfag is back
As for the rest of those on the list, does anyone really miss them?

This is a bootleg /ovg/ not approved by the secret council

>secret council
vocaroo.com/i/s0jDtRKayQfl

fuck off

Attached: 155519913934829.jpg (540x540, 15K)

>f-fuck them anyway, I didnt like them!

>burnout
>current year

Attached: pedo elvis.jpg (1680x1048, 257K)