-1984 Grand Marquis

-1984 Grand Marquis
-55k miles
-New tires
-interior looks just as good as exterior (looks great)
-$2595

Good first car?

Attached: 00Q0Q_6eC9dDC0024_600x450.jpg (600x450, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TwP4vSfjygY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cut a hole in your pocket for gas money..

Try finding a car with fucking airbags

Stop making these threads every fucking day.

That's badass

Get a safer car, something past ‘98

No

They get like 25 mpg highway

>Caring about safety on an auto enthusiast board.

Why are you even here you fucking nancyboy

Buy the boat OP. Yeah they're slow by todays standards, and they don't have airbags woop dee do.

Make sure tv cable for the trans is adjusted properly

They get good highway fuel mileage, and I assume you're in the states so gas is cheap. Insurance will be cheap, They're comfy as Fuck, body on frame, built like tanks, 5.0L has a huge aftermarket if you want to hop it up a little, usually low miles and not abused because they were owned by 100 year olds. Very reliable and parts are cheap

I can't think of a better first car for somebody who actually likes wrenching and likes cars. 3k civic is a meme.

I'm actually a little jealous. I wish I could find a clean box Vic or ltd

Attached: 788417-ltd5-0303.jpg (597x352, 63K)

This is now a crown Vic thread

Attached: ForumSig.jpg (570x322, 79K)

Attached: 823831-SH.jpg (600x335, 47K)

No, shitty first car.
Don't buy it.

Attached: custom-long-travel-ford-ltd-rear-three-quarter.jpg (600x393, 56K)

If you can afford the gas go for it.

It doesn't get 25mpg on the highway. Even if it did I doubt 90% your driving is highway

I had a 92
>pic related
Keep in mind you'll probably have to replace the transmission, as the hydraulically controlled AODs are pure cat shit. They're also pricey, as they're panther specific, so one from a mustang or f150 won't be a direct swap.
They're also slow as fuck. Now, I know you might your car is really slow, but 5.0 panthers are insane. My shitbox 2.3 Ranger would spank one.
They are cool though, good luck OP

Attached: 11717312_10153321780720073_4622382009920337660_o.jpg (1280x850, 211K)

Yeah, 25 is a bit inflated, but it'll crack 20 at least. You really want a 92+ if you want good economy.

I had an 88 that averaged 24 mpg cruising at 65 mph 90% highway. Headers, 2.5" dual exhaust and gt40 heads

Also had a bone stock '88 5.0l tbird that I could squeeze 27 mpg highway out of. But it was more aerodynamic and a bit lighter and geared higher

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=TwP4vSfjygY

They absolutely do not get 25 mpg highway
My 02 gets about 23 highway (going 55) and thats with a smaller motor and better aerodynamics.

>not wanting at least a driver side airbag for yourself
Get a load of this faggot

melanin enriched individual

What gears in the back? I've seen my 01 hold steady at 26-27mph highway, and that's playing by ear because I have no tach so no idea what rpm I'm actually running at highway speed.

*mpg highway, not mph. That would be pretty fucking slow.

T. Needs an airbag because can't into driving

CFI sucks balls, and if it really has 55k than all the rubber bits will be dry rotted, The 5.0s are good for fox bodies, but for a panther, the 4.6 is the engine you want. Like I said yesterday.

t. former 85 Gran Marquis owner.

Granted I live in a mountainous part of New england

I had an '85...
Keep a milk crate full of every fluid the car needs in the trunk because every time you check they will be low.
The first indication there is a problem will be 2 minutes before the part fails and leaves you stranded. This will happen several times a year.
On the bright side, the car was so big you had to use the power seats to change the radio station. Looking out over that hood was like driving an aircraft carrier. A passenger once told me that if we had an accident, it would happen "way up there."

op here.

All the posters saying it's a good car sound old as fuck.

It's a 34 year old car.
Don't pay more than $250.

You can't go wrong with a panther platform vehicle. In my opinion there is nothing better than driving a big rear wheel drive American sedan. Sadly they don't make cars like this anymore.

Another great thing about these is that there were millions of them sold and so parts and repairs are never expensive.

My first car was a 97 Town Car. I'm 26 now and still driving it.

If you take care of that car, it will easily get you to 200k miles and beyond. Also as a teenager and young adult it's a great vehicle to drive your friends around in. Roomier than any modern car

Short answer:
Not a good first car
Great Project/fun car

Long Answer:

These cars are heavy on gas in stop & go driving and due to age require a lot of initial prep work & checking to keep you from having unexpected problems.

If you are okay with that then they are awesome slab of a car & are fun as hell.

It's not fast, but its torquey. Insanely roomy & comfy, feels like you're driving a goddamn tank.

With a decent set of springs, shocks and tires it's actually a good handling car for it's size.

If you can get a carbed one with a 351 it has a much better powerband & has way more potential if you want to have fun with it than the 302 does.

I had an 86 Crown Vic as a dd back in 2010 & it was an awesome car, but ultimately the transmission shat out due to me driving like an asshole & the car was rusting to pieces after just a few years.

So if you plan on keeping it, make sure you oilspray the fucker every year otherwise road salt will eat that car alive at a pretty quick rate.

Sweet car. Buy it. You're not gonna crash anyway fuck these safetyfags.

T. Not OP

I'm 24 you little bitch

I'm actually white as Fuck. Wouldn't mind having more melanin to get more Gibbs

If you can't enjoy an old American land barge for what it Is, you're either a soyboi faggot, or you've never had the pleasure of driving long distance in one.

Nobody here is claiming they're something that they're not.

They're slow, big, and hard on fuel compared to a new shitbox, it doesn't mean they can't be enjoyed. Anything vintage or antique has character. Unlike any normiebox you could go finance

weeb faggot with zero testosterone in his body

>$2595
Let me guess.
It's an old man's car who kept it in a garage and thinks its worth alot because its clean and well taken care of.
I'll bet the left turn signal has been on since he left the dealer's lot.

>$2595
>a lot

Poorfags gonna poorfag

This thread is still here? I paid the same for my 85 GrandMarquis with 60 k miles 25 years ago. This is not what you want for your first car.

I liked it as a car but can't recommend today.

First panic brake stop, every brake hose is going to crap itself. and then after they're replaced, the rear brake cylinders will crap themselves.

Attached: index.jpg (259x195, 7K)

Bullshit my old 250k mile 91 winter beater wagon with 3.55's got 25mpg on a trip from Buffalo to Detroit and back with the cruise @ 72. Stock except for headers, exhaust, HO upper, TB and EGR spacer, and full smog delete.
My bonestock CFI 85 Tudor would get 27 on level ground, but that would plummet as soon as you got to the hills.
My 92 on the other hand gets 22 at best.

Attached: IMG_201512436_133847212.jpg (4000x3000, 3.96M)