How did your perception of video games change when you got your first car?

How did your perception of video games change when you got your first car?

kotaku.com/now-that-i-own-a-car-burnout-is-hell-1823731509

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-03-15-10-34-13.png (1405x2671, 1.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20180313220027/https://kotaku.com/now-that-i-own-a-car-burnout-is-hell-1823731509
archive.is/WkpsH
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i don't play vidya

paid-shill-tier article. fuck off

Don't get so triggered by burnout if you mow down pedestrians in GTA V

Driving is better than any racing video game I've played. The feeling of turning the street wheel, feeling that "oomph" when you step on the gas. It beats out any expensive PC racing rig by a long shot

video games are degenerate

always rich coming from someone on this site

Attached: val_kilmer.jpg (446x337, 41K)

When I got my first car Mario Kart was still a new game.

I've outgrown them I guess. Am 25 years old, and looking at modern games makes me feel bad for kids still addicted to them. They peddle progressive, cutscene based story-telling, and mechanically gutted cookie cutter schlock full of lootboxes.
I honestly don't want my kid to ever get near these glorified pachislot simulators desu.

bear in mind I'm talking about AAA releases. There's gems here and there, but the industry as a whole has taken a nosedive and made it impossible for me to regain trust or interest.

Attached: ZYKkUY0.jpg (500x371, 50K)

Well clearly you're not looking at the whole picture then, mate. There's a lot more 'fun' cookie-cutter bullshit to be found underneath the top-layer of AAA MTX-festa. You could probably find a game for whatever niche flavour you want to experiment with these days.

Attached: 1502635146401.jpg (349x450, 22K)

I agree. I enjoyed Nier Automata for example.

I need to keep my threads on auto-update more often.

web.archive.org/web/20180313220027/https://kotaku.com/now-that-i-own-a-car-burnout-is-hell-1823731509

Archive link for anybody wanting to read this dumb cunt's opinion

publishers who kill devs and toxic game journalism is the problem in my opinion. It's always the same old studios buying everything up and re-releasing a lackluster revision under a new coat of paint. The indie industry will be very interesting in the near future.
Kingdom Heart Deliverance was one of the few games that made me feel like a kid playing eurojank Gothic again.
We need more devs who make games for passion instead of profit.
I'm not going to delve into GG or shit like that because I don't want political shitflinging desu.

>written by a women

How surprising.

By the time I got my first car I had long since stopped playing stupid video games.

of course she cant enjoy it since it gives her flashbacks of all the terrifying crashes shes caused in real life

Statistically, women cause less crashes than men.

Source: ask any insurance company

t. woman

Attached: (9).jpg (500x322, 20K)

Shit tier game for the modern soyboy who only thinks with his dick

muh toobee ass tho

it didn't, i never equated driving in videogames to actual driving

Not at all because I'm not a lunatic who can't separate imaginary from reality.

Must suck to be a brainlet or lose your mind.

Attached: 1520558059661.jpg (1000x559, 52K)

Actually they cause vastly more slow speed/ fender bender accidents which are only sometimes reported. Men hit stuff far less often but when they do they are usually fucking around or racing and completely destroy their car.

Take a man and a woman and make them race each other on a track. Be honest- who do you think would win.

I haven't played video games seriously in probably over two years (I'm 23).
Ever since I got a job and started earning my own income spending time working on bikes/cars and other hobbies has become so much better than any video game. Even when I have noting to do I would rather watch a series or something.

In my opinion playing video games as an adult is a man child hobby. There is so much better stuff to do out in the world.
I think the only reason I played them so much in the past was I wasn't able to put my mental energy into something constructive/ rewarding. Now that I have a job and a few fairly intelligent hobbies I don't get that craving like I did in college. But then again I played shit like space engineers and Empyrion while most people would just autism out on call of duty for 5 hours doing the same shit over and over again.

Attached: 1519257509528.webm (480x360, 3M)

Not at all unlike the child who wrote the linked article I can understand the differences between reality and fiction.

Why do all journalists feel the need to talk about their personal lives now?

Attached: flush.gif (24x26, 4K)

All of these, the whole point of video games is that they don't have to play by the rules of reality

Attached: 1517364304130.jpg (3000x3000, 187K)

I feel the same way. No longer have interest and regret having spent so much time with them. Instead of doing something better and productive.

Agreed, I've tried getting back into them and aside from the cerebral nature of Prey have yet to stick to a game longer than one or two days. Once you understand that the minimal "thrill" games set off is just a tease of the true impressions you get driving 200mph+ or on barely rescued oversteer turns, there is no going back. The East Coast has so many good roads I only play driving sims(vr, with seat+pedas/wheel) on occasion to contribute towards applicable life skills.

At least you can sometimes learn something from this place. Vidyas just eat your brain away and make you autistic and unmotivated. Note how all the busriders come from the /ovg/ threads.

They think it puts them up there with Hunter S. Thompson.

This times a thousand. My favourite is to smoke some kush nuggets and cruise down the highway in a modded out Coil - playing as Franklin of course for that slow mo panic button. Espescially at night (in the game).

I think nobody agrees with us because it isn’t as realistic or whatever

Not an argument

Archive newfag
archive.is/WkpsH

Feels > reals.

o
i mean't driving in real life beats anything in a video game

gta V is still pretty fun tho

For a story, see if you can get "The Turing Test" on sale. It's a puzzle game, about 5 hours long. The narrative will surprise you.