What if Satan won the war in heaven?

What if Satan won the war in heaven?

I don't think you could come up with a less likely scenario.

Michael would have become the ruler of Hell instead.

He couldn't, he was a cuck who didn't even realize he never had a chance.

>fanfiction

Much better life for everyone, no suffering, poverty, etc. Humanity would all be united in satans demon army and his quest to conquer every universe

then why did he do it?

The angelic rebellion wasn't a literal event. The story's meant to be an allegory about how desiring independence from Yahweh is worse than committing actual immoralities.

what a cuck

>tfw you will never get to reject gods one by one after the Rapture

Childhood is worshipping God.
Adulthood is realizing Lucifer makes more sense.

why would I worship Nebuchadnezzar?

Hard to say. Most likely, he would have exterminated humanity and then ruled in Yahweh's place.

Lucifer is an angel tasked by God to punish the Hebrew people, which is why Jews tarnish his name
Lucifer was Nebuchadnezzar, Titus Flavius and Adolf Hitler

(OP)

Alternately, he might be content with forcing humans to bow down and worship him, rather than the genocide. How he would rule, well, his character is dominated by his pride so he'd probably demand people fear him, and obey his word without thought. Honestly it would look a lot like the Abrahamic religions turned out anyway.

Haman, is that you?

that bears the question - could god create something that he couldn't defeat?

Well atheism is beating god everyday

or is it?

>it's all a metaphor bro

In paradise lost he does it because he doesn't want to be subservient to man. Behind that, though, is his criticism of God as a tyrant. It's the same reason anyone rebels against a leader who overreaches and alienates his citizens.

There was no war, the rebellion against G-d is a concept brought upon by Catholicism to maintain the claim of "good versus evil". Furthermore, why would any of His creations rebel against He?

>it's all a metaphor bro

I understand that, but it boggles my mind that Christians take it as an actual event.

It was an actual event

If you claim that as historical fact as a Christian than you are fooling yourself by taking events in the Bible literally.

Events in the Bible are literal events unless specified otherwise

It's not. Assuming God exists he doesn't work like gods from Black and White where the strenght is determined by the number of followers all atheism would do in that scenario is simply condemn a lot of people to hell with God's power being intact.

In the Torah, and Tanakh, and most probably the Quran as well, but definitely not in the Christian Bible.

Please re-read my post

As per my limited understanding of God and my personal interpretation, God does not control his creations as a master but instead creates them to go on as designed.

God has included free will and interpretation as part of his creations, there holds nothing with thought and personality that would not have the ability to decision make and feel for itself. For that would be as evil and as much of a curse as to be stuck in one emotion permanently regardless of situation.

If I had to answer the question, or theorize an answer many before me and after would of answered correctly or not; He simply came to an understanding, a feeling and was judged accordingly.

From my understanding is that Angels, especially His Messengers to not feel nor comprehend human emotion. Free Will is for us Humans. His Messengers are tasked, think of it as a job, they HAVE to do it. They are neither good, nor evil, but just and merciful.

HaSatan was not a spiteful being in the Hebrew Bible, and Torah.

Then simply put his judgement is unequivocally wrong and not flawed but glaringly inhuman and useless for humanity.

As I understand, only God may judge. As he would learned of his humanity during whatever time on Earth you see as fit then and I mean this without disrespect you are tasking an emotionless unbiased creation with tasks it cannot conprehend. A logical explanation for what rebellion occured, and judgement enacted as he was cast out.

The word "Satan" and "HaSatan" mean Adversary, and The Adversary. HaSatan's job is to test your faith and loyalty to G-d, His first job was to persuade Eve to eat from the Tree to gain what's know as "Yetzer me'od" which is the Evil Inclination, this job was to make them completely human. Without HaSatan, we wouldn't be.

A follow up and purely curious question is, is it that any story of rebellion is misleading as to see who is of weak will since God was indifferent and intentional in that persusion and creation of freedom via evil inclination.

Something he couldn't do as omniscent and well meaning?

Hillary Clinton winning

Paradise Lost is a meme.

There is not "a war in Heaven" but there is "a war in Heaven"

Satan is the ego, Satan is deception; God is the Spirit, God is the truth.

Heaven is within us, so the war between God and Satan is going on within us. We can choose to ignore God and go after the desires of our ego, or we can be patient in cultivating God, by learning about Him and applying what God's knowledge teaches us.

You can't just read about Jesus Christ anymore, you have to apply what Jesus Christ teaches you

I don't recall him being spiteful in his few appearances in New Testament, unless you count Apocalypse, where connection between Satan and Dragon is not stated in any way.

Even when he tempted Jesus, Satan was basically doing his Job.

[insert generic aytheeizt cumment]

Satan is connected with a great dragon; sure he "does his job" tempting Jesus, yet, Jesus overcomes the temptation of Satan, in other words, Jesus is the master over the ego, He defeats the ego within us so our heart is clean enough to approach God.

I'm from the method of thought you're here to learn of your humanity regardless of when you find it. IMO you're somewhere in the middle of:

>Instinctual
>Human
>Godly

No one is perfect and to never experience life or indulge would be too perfect too logical and emotionless. The key problem most people have is a lack of control over that emotion. They have no emotional standard, no prevailing thought other than a reaction to what they feel at that time.

;As reference to what you believe or don't, religious or not. Thats the basis of what you should feel inside in order to live or be complete...in control of what you do and good in nature.

My memories of description of Dragon and Beast in Apocalypse is shaky, but I always wondered on the symbolism of heads, horns, and crowns.

If I recall well, Dragon had 7 heads (7 hills of Rome), 10 horns, though not sure if crowns were on horns or heads.
Similar was description of the Beast, with the number of heads, horns, and crowns being different.

Anyway, I am wondering if there was any specific symbolism to the way the Beast was made, because on it the Whore of Babylon was riding, so is the Beast Babylon and its heads/horns resemble something about Babylon?