Am I the only one who wants a manual R35?

Am I the only one who wants a manual R35?

Attached: nissan-gt-r-r35-vossen-vfs1-matte-graphite-2.jpg (1191x993, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9N3x0oDjIeE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Or am I just a hipster who loves obsolete garbage?

I'm not a fan of the GTR, however, I will throw my name into the hat of "I'd like to see a manual R35". I understand the GTR nameplate since the R32 was always about pushing technology, but there's something of a void when cars like this don't have a proper manual.

Manual, rwd, roller windows, and a tape deck.

Roll windows and non-power seats are something I would like to see in cars more often. All the added weight for something so benign.

You can't shift that fast

It's going to be objectively slower than DCT, but yes, I would like to see one be made too.

Yeah yeah blah blah just cuff me old man.

put this in your head.

Nissan will never ever ever ever ever ever manufacture a manual R35 GT-R.

That being if you have enough money you can buy an R35 GT-R and and have some aftermarket company swap or custom build a transmission specifically for your R35 GT-R.

stop playing this whole "huurrr am I the only one that wants this" Yes youre a special snowflake.

Attached: r32gtr.jpg (1280x783, 712K)

>You're a special snowlflake.
Actually lots of people want a manual R35 so its not just me

yes, but you're in good company

its an option that should of been there, but at least we can mod one in

Attached: 1515881641_wpid-2014-10-24-13-48-47 (1).png (1058x748, 1.01M)

>can’t shift that fast
Yeah I agree on the track. But most of these are driven in the streets at like maybe 40% capability when “spirited driving”. In that instance it’s not even a factor to go to a manual if it increases the driver’s fun. However Nissan would have had to have engineer a transmission just for this option and yeah it would have been costly. But the durrr can’t shift that fast talking point is so meh to me.

Electronics for those pieces barely add any weight these days

Probably not, always some people with shit enough taste that want things to be worse.

But manual is more fun and rewarding

Fun is meaningless, both of your reasons are subjective. Manual is nothing more than outdated waste of time and money.

I respect your opinion.

I'd say I respect your but I really don't, manual doesn't have a place in a car made for performance.

Unless its a fun sports coupe like a GT86 or a Miata?

Sure, sport compacts and shit are fine with it. Your six digit numbers chaser really needs that DCT.

Yes, because this is a race car, not a sports car, doofus

Reminder that not a single good thing came from seperting the GTR from the Skyline family.
For both of them.

This. It doesn’t make sense to want a manual when the car is all about maximizing performance around a track.

doesn't matter what you think when you can't afford a GT-R to begin with.

And if you did Nissan still wouldn't listen to you. because you are a nobody who doesn't know anything.

>It doesn’t make sense to want a manual when the car is all about maximizing performance around a track
if it were about performance it would be a sequential box

>maximizing performance
>most will probably never even see a parking lot of a race track
Again "muh performance" is a shit argument. Usually made by fanboys and people who don't even drive a car. Ever heard the story of Porsche and their return to manual? Enthusiasts and driving is much like a steak or how one enjoys their alcohol. It's all taste and personality and we're all different. And that's what makes the car community really fun. What can make it fun anyway. Then faggots like you with your paper stats and theoretical situations comes along and just doesn't get it at all.

Attached: F129E887-B158-484C-AAD6-88C30E891762.jpg (2048x1901, 1.29M)

Fag

Isn’t the DCT needed for the launch control that the R35 uses? That’s the whole point of this car. Yes it’s not a skyline anymore.

yeah, ignore OP. He is either underage or just a giant retard.

Dude thinks he's smarter than all the engineers that worked on the GT-R

an overweight whale of a car struggling to beat a cheap corvette for half the price

nothing else to see here

Attached: dude-i-almost-had-you.jpg (612x380, 248K)

>2 less cylinders
>heavier
>less hp
>still beats it

Attached: 1521049657603.jpg (349x1160, 73K)

Yes. It's a computer on wheels and has piss poor driving dynamics

>gtr regularly spanks everyones asses when its released
>hurr durr lets seperate the regular car aspect for pure bread race car to compete
cope

Yes. The thing already gets its ass kicked by cars that cost 1/2 as much. Why would you want it even slower?

Lol user there are well off people on this board, dont assume that no one here can afford a gtr. Stop with the projecting

thats not a fucking gtr, thats an s or z chassis

They don't make a manual r35 because there clearly isn't enough demand for it.

>bro stop projecting

you can't. and the point being is that even if you could, you wouldn't be able to do shit about changing it to a manual transmission car you dumb fuck.

That's nothing a LS and T56 won't fix.

youtube.com/watch?v=9N3x0oDjIeE

No it doesn't you fucking faggot and it's just been proved by the new Porsche GT3 in manual. It came back because the 911R sold so well and raised astronomically in resale value.

Cool, niche cars made for profit and not track number chasers.

mandatory shitpost :^)

Attached: 1511927807107.jpg (544x928, 170K)

What ever you say sweetie.

Attached: BEAC5841-0DF7-4C5A-9A52-9EBCF1963789.png (500x294, 12K)

no u
imagine being such a pussy you want a little motor to push your windows and fat ass around a few inches
faggot

Attached: 7B5BD034-8EB5-4551-9D6A-AE71000C3B96.jpg (634x413, 60K)

If they made a manual, I probably would've bought one by now.

I've met two people who own R35's, neither of them were car enthusiasts. They don't care whether the car is manual or automatic. R35 is a status symbol to most people.

this.

I've never been a Porsche fan but with the new Manual GT3 RS making over 500hp N/A from a flat 6 they really are the best "enthusiast" brand these days.

The GTR is old and more of a fast GT car than anything else.

I’m not a bench racer, I don’t even drive a fast car. My point is that a manual goes against the philosophy of the car. Nissan wanted a technologically advanced car that would shit on all the other supercars and they accomplished that at the time when the GTR came out. They weren’t going for fun driving dynamics or feelings, they just wanted it to be as quick around a track as quick as possible. I don’t get why people don’t understand this.

The car wasn’t designed for enthusiasts pursuing fun. It was designed for enthusiasts pursuing speed. They’re two very different philosophies.

The Porsche comparison is a complete non-sequitur. I applaud manual gearboxes in high performance cars when it makes sense, this just isn’t one of those instances. Nissan made a cutting edge track weapon with almost unheard of amounts of complicated computing technology for the time to maximize the speed - then they should take out all their complicated work on the transmission and replace it with a manual that depends entirely on driving skill? That’s a silly argument.

Attached: 1443051955062.jpg (755x755, 111K)

eeeeh nah they are relatively heavy in a lightweight car that you wish to be as light as possible for performance
plus, the power windows are a nightmare, I never manage to get them where I want to

If you really believe that, then you missed the entire point of the car.

Attached: hayato.jpg (480x360, 16K)

BOI

Attached: 90079e-Rollers.00_00_23_49.Still005.jpg (1920x1080, 221K)

Attached: 2017-nissan-gt-r-convertible-01-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 116K)

>but there's something of a void when cars like this don't have a proper manual.
I couldn't agree more. The fact that option isn't even there is what's disappointing. Even the GT2 RS, which was arguably built for a similar purpose to the R35, came with a stick shift.

Attached: 2011_porsche_911_gt2_rs_602_2_cd_gallery_zoomed.jpg (1280x782, 200K)