Be you

>be you
>drive car
>bridge crosses your path

Attached: bridge-car.png (640x429, 275K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/florida-international-university-pedestrian-bridge-collapses-sweetwater-florida-live-updates/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cbsnews.com/news/florida-international-university-pedestrian-bridge-collapses-sweetwater-florida-live-updates/
For context of course

Attached: 180315142241-02-bridge-collapse-screengrab-0315-exlarge-tease.jpg (780x438, 67K)

>jeep

Attached: 105068464-miami2.530x298.jpg (530x298, 38K)

It's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand

that fucking blows.

So who's going to take responsibility? the engineers? They better serve jail time if niggas is out here catching cases for non-violent crimes ie weed charges.

finna wrap this shit out mayne.

Can you rewrite your post in English please?

Can someone post the answer to the obvious question? how many are kill?

I see 6 cars under the bridge but its hard to tell from those pics

Cagers are even attacking bridges now.

Will there be an end to this carnage?

>America
>First World

Attached: 1515335714518.jpg (240x251, 25K)

"The bridge was constructed using an innovative approach called accelerated bridge construction (ABC), meant to reduce potential risks to workers, commuters and pedestrians and prevented traffic tie-ups in the area."

Seems to be working. It reduced the risk quite a bit by falling before pedestrians could be allowed over it, saving many life's had it been full

Worlds most ironic bridge

#NotAllBridges

>be Chinese
>build a bridge in two days out of subpar concrete and whatever twigs you could find nearby
>solid bridge that supports foot/bike/car traffic daily with standard maintenance
>be American
>contract a company for $500 million to build a pedestrian bridge
>construction falls two years behind schedule
>new company contracted for $600 million
>finish the bridge in 8 months
>bridge collapses almost immediately
>multiple fatalities

>Billed as an "instant bridge,"
more like instant bridge collapse

Attached: 1450107540737.jpg (350x350, 25K)

That's fucked, b.

nigga how about you suck my dick from the backington, faggot.

Yikes

>bridge designed for fucking foot traffic collapses before a single person can even walk on it

ban assault bridges

#oneless

the Chinese have literally mastered pedestrian bridge technology, every major roadway in cities has one every couple of blocks to keep psychotic Chinese pedestrians and bicyclists away from psychotic Chinese drivers. there is far less congestion and accidents and its way easier to navigate across busy intersections than having to rely on crosswalks.

Attached: lujiazui-pedestrian-bridge-1[6].jpg (790x530, 180K)

Show me an instance of a bridge taking 2 days to build. That is the current status of America though, if bridges are even attempted to be built

NEAT

>HALP

>The bridge was constructed using an innovative approach

Attached: 1405294581438.jpg (476x356, 53K)

>fiu
Good thing I'm on spring break.

Are they died?

Came to post this, wake up Florida

>no one was hurt
Thank goodness.

they obviously used top quality design software to simulate this bridge before building it

this sort of innovation?

No user they are not died they just are crushed under big heavy bridge

Attached: 1520999580822.png (629x504, 36K)

that looks great

last i heard 4 deaths

fugg i want to play that in BF3/bf4

kys degenerate faggot

We need to ban assault bridges. They have taken too many lives!

Bridge brought to you by Mark Rosenberg

>women in STEM
>ever

Attached: 1521175489645.jpg (768x1018, 193K)

>>be you
why would i be in the shithole sinkhole ridden state that is florida?

That's transmission fluid btw not blood

Are you implying male engineers haven't fucked up? How much do you want to bet that the vast majority of engineering disasters happened at the hands of male engineers?

doesn't fucking matter. Fuck off with your disinfo

>build tower in usa
>1 smol plane hits it
>falls down

>build bridge
>1 average american 400lb man walks across it
>falls down

learn how to build you morons

Fuck off back to your containment board.

obviusly more faults were at the hands of males, but thats because there are more male engineers.

Its like saying there are more male F1 champions than female. Duh theres more fucking male drivers. o na percentage basis women probably make more engineering blunders than men because women dont think logically.

the proper contention to make is the rate of engineering disasters at the hands of men is higher than the rate at the hands of women.

female civil engineers are pretty rare, thats like saying men get more piss on the toilet seat than women or something

Has the driver in the picture stopped screaming yet?

you did not want to have children?

>nice positioning

Hard to say this early, there'll have to be a full investigation to determine what the failure point was. Should be noted that the bridge was very much incomplete at the time of collapse, pic related. Either it was:
1. Material provider fuckup, issues with the quality of concrete/tensioning lines
2. Contractor fuckup, someone didnt follow the instructions to support the bridge during construction
3. Engineer fuckup, possibly load/stress calculations were off and the bridge couldnt support itself without its (not yet built) support members

Attached: DX77garVAAAUBdw.jpg (1200x902, 268K)

(((RosenBERG)))
ayyy watcha doin there rabbi

Spontaneous structural failures (as in, nothing hit it or set it on fire) are incredibly rare and almost always boil down to something installed improperly or bad engineering (Tacoma Narrows, that hotel skybridge, the Minnesota I-35 bridge). Question is which one and whose head rolls for it.

Attached: lol.jpg (1267x1980, 1.63M)

>be american
>get squashed by a bridge

>inb4 background checks on people buying bridges

>stress test bridge
>With people under it

wow. big if true.

They sure dropped a bridge on the patriarchy!

Attached: CARLOS.jpg (600x600, 34K)

carlos... people died.

my money is on the engineering team as its made of all women who publicly disregard math because its too male dominated. they will eventually all end up arrested for manslaughter and public endangerment.

>implying American women would be held responsible for any mistake they've made, ever.

Attached: kek.jpg (400x386, 41K)

>bridge sections by design rely on suspension cables for load distribution
>ALRIGHT, THE CENTRAL COLUMN ISN'T ERECTED YET, LET'S JUST IT IN PLACE AS IS FOR NOW AND REOPEN THE ROAD UNDERNEATH FOR TRAFFIC, WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN

Attached: 1507053950165.jpg (645x773, 56K)

What it was supposed to look like.

Attached: IMG_View-1-comp__1__7_1_P9C6OBGT_L337097734.jpg (1140x820, 87K)

What it did look like prior to collapse. Notice anything missing?

Attached: brudge_mia8uw.jpg (1480x833, 92K)

>The span has to literally be held up by jacks
Better open the road underneath it
Fucking retarded.

Those were the lifts used to put it in place. But yes, either they didn't design it to hold up under its own weight and forgot to pay mind to the construction, or they falsely thought it would hold up under its weight during construction. It looks like the central column for suspension wasn't merely missing due to a construction delay, but was purposely meant to be constructed with the section in place, at which point it couldn't possibly have been suspended.

The collapse could've probably easily been avoided if you had simply put a temporary support in the off-limits lane in the middle.

Apparently they were using a new mix of concrete as well; could have been a factor if its testing was fudged/faulty

wtf america? bridges? trains? buildings next? you're gonna out-china china soon

projects fall behind due to everyone logged into their bitcoin exchange instead of doing some fucking work

car blood, so sad

holy shit ahahahahah

USA USA USA USA

Attached: 40 cakes.jpg (640x326, 42K)

>and forgot to pay mind to the construction, or they falsely thought it would hold up under its weight during construction.
I believe the issue was that they began performing stress tests on the bridge, and the stress tests caused the bridge to fail.

Because, obviously, you perform stress tests on the actual bridge when it's on location and there's traffic driving under it.

>Because, obviously, you perform stress tests on the actual bridge when it's on location and there's traffic driving under it.
And in half-finished state with the cables missing.

you mean

>plane hits it
>controlled demolition happens
>it falls down

You could actually stress test the individual parts as long as the tests are designed for those incomplete parts rather than the finished bridge.

Actually, it's pretty reasonable when you have a pre-made road deck that you set into position at its destination. You'd want to have some idea that the road deck is in good condition and up to standard before you go through the effort of moving it to location and putting it in.

that's such an overcomplicated and ugly design for a pedestrian bridge

i expect some miserable local government stooge forced them to open the road despite it clearly being incomplete

It pretty obviously is Trumps fault.
He starts import tariffs on steel.
Builders now have to use american steel.
American steel is sub-par. Way sub-par.
Bridge collapses.
THANKS TRUMP.
Also: we're gonna need source on those claims of female incompetence. Funny nonetheless.
Also: off course trump had nothing to do with this fuckup. Just rustling some jimmies.

>that's such an overcomplicated and ugly design for a pedestrian bridge
And why is that?

>Cable stay bridge.
>Delete the first two words and build it.

Right.

Regular building steel doesn't get imported. It's all high grade steel for special applications like machinery.

>google random pic of FIU graduate
>attach it to pic of recent catastrophe

how is that not cancerous disinfo

sort your life out bud before u livestream ur suicide.

kek

It looks like they didn't install any suspending cables from the central spire, so half to most of the weight of that half of the bridge they had up was resting on just its endpoints. Perhaps they did this in the interests of speed, and perhaps it could have been made to work, but only under extremely ideal conditions. I think they way they designed its assembly is likely at fault.

Actually the entire weight was resting on the end points. That wasn't the issue though, the issue was bending moment. In other words the thing collapsed from bending downwards in the middle from its own weight, just like a high jump bar does from its own weight.

Attached: 5935d4daa9d45.image.jpg (1200x796, 53K)

I say half to most as I'm including the glass walls and complete roof they had in mind in the "full" weight, but yeah, that's basically what I was thinking. They had ways of holding up that weight available to them, but chose not to take them.

An arched steel truss bridge would have been sufficient. The main span could have been pre made off site. Then hoisted and assembled in one night.

Engineers arent very smart. They're just glorified artists at this point, with no real world or practical thought put into any "design" that comes out of their ass

t. highschool dropout

>It looks like they didn't install any suspending cables from the central spire
They didn't bother building it.

t. butthurt engineer

>Engineers arent very smart. They're just glorified artists at this point, with no real world or practical thought put into any "design" that comes out of their ass
You're thinking of architects, you shit eating clown. Engineers are the ones who desperately try to make architectural nightmares work in real life.

Judging from the steel rods sticking out of the bridge section where the spire would be, it seems like it was supposed to be built after the section was in place for God knows what reason.

>Actually, it's pretty reasonable when you have a pre-made road deck that you set into position at its destination.

Yeah. But the bridge was fabricated next to it's installed location, then rolled into place. I'll bet engineers speced leaving the transportation equipment in place until after installing/tensioning the cables. And the management said, "That'll block traffic for an extra day or two. Move equipment out first. Then put in cables."

Point me at the part of the road that has even the slightest attempt at making a foundation for the supporting structure and you have a case.

Nope. ;)

Some fucknut got people killed.

Attached: bit in the middle.jpg (798x449, 65K)

Yeah, all the shit that's supposed to hold it up

the bridge was assembled somewhere else and moved to the spot

Attached: 5aaace561379f.jpg (634x632, 118K)