Work for sketchy employer for a couple months

>Work for sketchy employer for a couple months
>Get fired
>They now have my personal information
>Can just take out loans in my name or get credit cards
>
Why is this even possible? How do we stop this?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/how-to-check-your-credit-report-1.1185975
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's what you monitor your credit moron.

And then you still have to deal with dozens of phone calls for a year. That's not a solution, just a minimization of the issue.

By not working for sketchy employers

Too late

Bump

Bump

offer to suck his dick on demand for the rest of your/his life if he promises to never misuse your information

How this even possible ?

If your employer does that it will be like winning the lottery.

What did you mean by this?

You can sue the shit out of him. Are you really this dense?

Beginning to think you deserve to be fucked over t b h

It could get leaked by an incompetent employer is what I mean senpai

Then it's a nightmare trying to figure all the shit out. And yeah I am dense sorry bud not everyone is smart like you maybe try explaining instead of being mean I'm just trying to ask a question

Just monitor your credit reports. Every 4 months look at a different report. Each agency gives one free per year. 3 agencies = every 4 months free check. As soon as suspicious activity appears report it to the credit agencies, file a police report, etc.

Everyone is suceptible to identity theft in this day and age unless you completely use cash for everything and never invest using financial institutions.

Just stop being a mouth breather.

I live in Canada and creditkarma Canada offers only transunion. Is that good enough?

monitor your credit with equifax, it's free.
also, taking out a loan typically requires government ID. they better have a good forger.

is just transunion okay or do i need both

You can ask for a free copy of your credit file by mail. There are two national credit bureaus in Canada: Equifax Canada and TransUnion Canada. You should check with both bureaus. One every 6 months.

More in depth Canada specific answer:
cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/how-to-check-your-credit-report-1.1185975

You should monitor all agencies that service your country as some may have items that others do not. All 3 in US or both in CA, etc.

>mom, someone is being mean over the internet!

yeah but i dont wanna mail shit out

There's credit karma in canada now that uses Transunion only but also Mogo or Borrowell that uses Equifiax

Should i just use those two