incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DdsF_kTDuJg&index=1&list=PLC589773BDB893B57
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that you're going to make it but only if you believe in your magic.

Enginedev

> Next Demo Day 16 (8 days left)
Make sure to update this next time

>In The Bureau/XCOM, we ramped up the enemy AI aggressiveness if the player didn't move around every ~15-20 seconds.
Just what I needed. Gotta explain those cheeky players that it's about constant movement.
>We have a term called "coyote time" for when the player walks off a platformer ledge and presses jump too late, but the jump still works
I was always neglecting it, but actually I can make speedrun strats out of that.

>5 days
who else /not ready/

Are any musicbros planning on making some music for mecha jam games?

I'm gonna make it this time, I swear!

>5 days

post-apocalyptic video game where animals fight for survival and dominance in an earthquake-shaken city

is anyone looking for an artist? serious replies only please

>coyote time
Heard it elswhere as input buffering...

Reminder that only artists that post examples of their art or a portfolio are actually interested in making games.

Not so fast

Cool, where's your portfolio?

Input buffering is something else.

>my game will make so much money it will make up for 3 years of being NEET

It's more like buffering your inputs before current animation ends. Coyote time reacts to input instantly.

>coyote time
DMC3/4 have a mechanic like this where, if you where walking and fall of the edge, just as you slide off of it you can do a unique jump action, basically allowing to to jump backwards of the edge as you fall off.

glad not everyone is trying to meme on me
I'm uploading it now, what's your game?

>i'm uploading it now
that's a new one

Assuming I have a valid game, how long does it take to release stuff on steam?

Why shouldn't I enginedev with Swing?

In Unity, C#, how can I check if an axis is being pressed downwards? So far I have made my movements like this:

float moveHorizontal = Input.GetAxis ("Horizontal");
float moveVertical = Input.GetAxis ("Vertical");

Vector3 movement = new Vector3 (moveHorizontal, 0.0f, moveVertical);
rb.velocity = movement * speed;

But I don't know how to check in an if statement if I press downwards/backwards with getaxis.

Down as on the Y axis? or down as in button down?

I believe you need a Steam page for at least 2 weeks before you can release.

They process shit pretty fast. You have achievements/cards/emotes to make (optional) which is up to your own speed.

Filling out data and uploading takes maybe less than a day, unless you retarded. The depot stuff is a little mazelike.

Then at worst a few days for them to inspect your game to see if it runs / has viruses / etc.

Down as on the y axis. Not sure what you mean by button down. I just wanna check if I press the joystick downwards

>uploading takes maybe less than a day
I just realized something awful.
My upload speed is atrocious. It probably takes like an hour or two to upload a gig. My game's 3D and likely will be size heavy.

have you ever considered
if (Input.GetAxis("Vertical") < 0) ?

Oh shit, didn't know about that (change from greenlight)

How many of us are actually going to make a game for the mechanoid jam? and for those who are, when are you going to start?
I think I will participate but no way I'll start working now. 3 months is too much time and I have more important things to think about, especially with Demo Day in less than a week.

Their literal uploading is also janky, fails mean you have to start again. Great fun, especially when after a few hours I got "Error: error" as a goddamn error message.

>In the early ToCA racing games the marketing claimed drivers would remember grudges with the player character, and reviewers and players reported experiencing AI drivers holding grudges lasting for several races. There was nothing in the code to do grudges, it was all psychological.

Will your games contain psychological mechanics?

I'll start next year

Yes, I have, I just wasn't really sure

Guess who's never getting his game on steam

>You have cards/emotes to make (optional)
Games need prior approval to be eligible for trading cards now so there's not much point making them so soon

>making a simple feature
>don't know in what class to put the code
>start restructuring the code
>restructuring starts cascading
>go back and forth restructuring the same classes over and over

fug

Currently working on reverse engineering the Fox engine so that we can get a level editor for MGSV. Need an artist who can create high resolution versions of of MGS1 and similar textures.

post dev musique

>class
HAHAHAHA

That's cool, I'm not really interested in working with the Fox engine, but good luck

>Timestop when aiming the grapple in mid-air.
Casual or fun?

All you have to do is sell 10k copies at $10. That's 0.01% of the world population.

I'll be making a game, yeah. My main game isn't far enough along for Demo Day, so I'm not worrying about that. I'm going to start a prototype now, but I wont be working on it the whole 3 months. Mostly I want to use this as a way to get better at 3D and get used to Godot 3.0

Put it in utils like a normal person.

Don't stop time, just slow it down.

No.

you mean background music to dev to? this is my go to playlist right now youtube.com/watch?v=DdsF_kTDuJg&index=1&list=PLC589773BDB893B57

>go register a Twitter account with a cock.li email
>You are not allowed to perform this action
T-thanks.

They can't backtrace you to arrest you for offensive speech through a cock.li email.

Autechre or Meshuggah

I had a Twitter with a cock.li account but they locked me within a few minutes and forced me to supply a phone number to continue, and fuck that.

>that's 0.01% of the world population
What did he mean by this?

How am i supposed to get popular and respected withotu a twitter account?

>they locked me within a few minutes and forced me to supply a phone number to continue, and fuck that.
sometimes it takes a month, other times it takes a week, but they always eventually force you to feed them a phone number

Don't worry, Twitter will be bankrupt in about 6 months

No they don't. I don't even have a phone. Just use gmail.

i literally made 3 different accounts, all on gmails
first time it took ~1.5 months, second a week, third was pretty much instant

They asked me a number despite using gmail.

What a time to be alive.

There's 10,000,000 people in the world.

welcome to the new era

Is there any way in Unity to replace an object mesh without having to reassign all the components, scripts, etc again?

just change the mesh in the MeshFilter component?

hello bokudev

who else /neverevenstarted/

I'll be honest, I don't believe you. I've been using twitter for years. I've only ever been asked to give a phone number for two-factor authentication. But it's always been optional.

I just realized that if NPCs turns come without PC turns inbetween they are all handled recursively by events.

Yea, I read about this, but the MeshFilter component for my object doesn't really seem to do anything. I can replace this with whatever I want, it doesn't make a difference.

I'm not bokudev, friend.

Casual and GROSS!
Personally I just hate slows and stops in general. About as much as Gogem hates smears.

chances are you dodged it then
i registered my first account in early 2016 and decided to make another one after phone authentication screen made me unable to do anything else while being logged on, but eventually the other account was struck as well, and then the third one i made again
i gave in and "freed" all accounts after that

sorry but if you fail at drag&drop maybe programming/3d games is not for you

i recommend Game Maker or LÖVE for you

I'm not failing at drag and drop, I just wanted to know if there is a way around having to reassign everything.
I wanted to change the model for my player object in Blender, so that I can better animate it, but having to reassign everything again when exchanging the model is a bit annoying.

I'm sorry but I'm just not interested in working with you. I'd appreciate it if you would stop responding to me, thanks

>maybe programming...is not for you
>i recommend...LÖVE

i bet you call HTML programming too?

I don't.

Reminder to check your shaders before you wreck your shaders.

Yes, within the week there will be OLD MEN running the world.

Reminder that everybody stutters one way or the other so check out my message to you: as a matter of fact, don't let nothin' hold you back. If the Scatman can do it, brother, so can you. Ba-da-ba-da-ba-be bop bop bodda bope.

That looks cool though. For like a level transition or endgame screen.

Turrets are "done". They're dumb but I'm just gonna give them a faster projectile to compensate that. Maybe make a variant that fires a slightly homing projectile.
After that I'll fix the missiles (fuckers phase through walls right now) and then it'll be time to do some levels.

>version control is tarballs strewn everywhere in random folders

Makes stuff impossible to read without obscuring panels and the like though.
Recorded at some 12 FPS to GIF to WEBM (thanks licecap): gfycat dot com slash DisguisedCanineElephant

what is your game about anyway? all i see is you adding in some random stuff, but what will the gameplay be like?

Redpill me on Unreal Engine.
How much overhead does it add to a solodev project?
How easy/hard is it to deploy to mobile/web platforms?
How easy is it to add stuff through C++? Are you forced to use blueprints?
How is it for 2D games?

... compared to unity?

Opinions allowed.

>he didn't pay his dues to the LP League
Enjoy your meme game :)

now certain billboards placed on the stage model keep facing the camera.
i don't know if i will be keeping the camera tilt in the gameplay itself, but it demonstrates the change pretty well.

i have a tutorial, should i make the player play it the first time they start the game, or the first time they play a level

Teach mechanics through level design.

Instruction at the point of need

We've heard this one already Danny, get something new.

I will make a game for the mechanoid jam. I am using the large timeframe of the jam to experiment with a different game development framework. It will probably take A LOT of time to find something and get to know it, so 3 months jam seems optimal.

If my game is ready before the 3 months are up, I can just submit it early. There are no rules which force me to develop the game for the entire 3 months.

It's by far my favorite engine
None
It's easy from a technical standpoint but packages are close to 100mb minimum which might be an issue depending on project scale
It's very easy to use C++ in combination with blueprints, you'd be a fool to try and make a project exclusively with C++
I love UE4 and personally wouldn't use it for 2D because there is no point, you're ignoring literally 99% of the cool stuff that makes it a good engine

the levels are randomized so doing that is incredibly difficult if even possible, i already have the tutorial done i just don't know when to have the player play it