What went so wrong?

What went so wrong?

Attached: 485EAF06-EB30-45AB-B63E-14C56C921130.jpg (1365x2048, 543K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QHCWX9nUXck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nothing, their new cars are really good. people just don't buy big meme sedans anymore. continental was good just entered the wrong market.

Not giving us that 3L ecoboost in more cars. That engine seems pretty incredible.

They got rid of Mercury and tried to fill the gap by meeting in the middle with up-marketed Fords and down-marketed Lincolns. Didn't go well for either badge.
Also the LS was a pile of hot garbage because they let Jag do the electrical system.

If I had to get an SUV I would get the Nautilus. Isn't that just the best name ever?

Nautilus. Man it just sounds so comfy and cool.

Because its rebadged ford garbage

>everyone who ever drives them loves them
>lil dick eurocuck Veeky Forumstards who have never driven them do not like them

really makes me think

youtube.com/watch?v=QHCWX9nUXck

It's so good, they are axing it.

The absolute state of american """""""""""luxury""""""""""

They wanted the slanteye market.

>continental was good just entered the wrong market
The lincoln was going to be an import as the parts were mostly from China already. The rest of the parts manufacturing as well as final car assembly was going to move to China. So any cars in north america would be imports from china as wholly chinese-made cars (sourced, assembled).

But I hear Lincoln is popular in North Korea and its badge is proudly and prominently displayed.

Ive watched quite a few of these vids about lincoln, and it really makes me just want one. I thought they would be meme cars, but they look sturdy and nice.

Two words: underpowered/overpriced

>underpowered
>overpriced

Attached: 1506411230082.png (645x729, 50K)

>V6
>MacPherson strut
>Luxury

>V6
>MacPherson
and how is that related to how luxurious it is?
I will be waiting.

it's not a race car

V6 isn't balanced. It's transverse which is what poor people cars do to save money. If you don't understand how bad MacPherson struts are you are clearly retarded

You're right. It's a rebadged ford. Even the new recall asks for the Ford Fusion and the Lincoln MKZ. Why? Because they're off the same assembly line!

that's not what rebadge means. rebadge means you just swap the logo on the front and sell it in a different country. they're different cars built on the same platform.

Boomers aren't going to pay $70k for a Taurus with a fancy interior when they can get something German.

Old people like cars with power.

You definitely don't know what a rebadge is

What the fuck are you smoking? Lincoln has all of the highest output options Ford has.

MKC has the 2.3
Continental has the 3.0
And the 3.5 in the navigator makes more hp than the same one in the expedition

The list goes on

Meanwhile Cadillac has 6.2 liters making 640hp

The continental had ONE engine choice.

It was never for the US market, its for the Chinese

So that makes 400hp underpowered? The lincolns this board shits themselves over never made more than 240hp.

Just because GM throws a supercharged engine into something doesn't make another car underpowered.

Are you retarded? It has 3, including a 3.0tt that makes 400hp

Attached: fucc.jpg (1365x2048, 243K)

Nu-Lincoln is ugly as fuck. Who the hell wants a car that looks like this when you could have the Taurus instead, which while boring, is at least inoffensive?

Attached: seriously what the fuck.jpg (620x414, 43K)

Attached: fucc.jpg (620x414, 39K)

Lowering it doesn't help, the grille is fundamentally flawed to the extreme. Compare to this handsome devil.

Attached: taurus sho.jpg (1280x854, 98K)

They put it on the same platform as the Fusion and MKZ. This was the problem. If they really wanted to do it right they should've brought back the panther platform of something similar.

I drive a 1997 Lincoln Town Car and I am absolutely disgusted with what Lincoln has become. Lincoln actually used to denote luxury at one point, from the 60s well into the 90s. Nowadays they are just rebadged Fords. So sad what has happened to a great company, named after one of our greatest presidents.

This was the delusional post I was hoping for
>thinks the panther platform is luxury
>complains that lincoln is just rebadged fords
>drives a rebadged ford
>actually believes the panther platform should be revived

pre-1998 Lincoln Town Cars are luxurious. The ones after that look ugly and the interior degenerated to a more basic design.

Yes even the Town Car of the 90s was on the same platform as the Crown Victoria, but it was truly so much more. The frame itself was different, boxy, it commands attention. Ashtrays for every seat. Cupholders, armrests, large windows, a decently powerful V8 in the 95-97 years. AIRBAG SUSPENSION

Luxury cars do not need to be these sporty fast beasts that they have become. The primary purpose of a luxury vehicle is to provide maximum comfort for passengers and drivers. The Lincoln Town car fully achieved this. It is absolutely beautiful.

Ford didn't even have to change anything. They could make the same town car that they used to with modern electronics and it would sell like hot cakes. But they are too stupid to understand the market.

The new Continental should have been competing with Cadillac and Lexus instead of the Chrysler 300

Attached: TownCar.jpg (500x375, 54K)

Get in a new continental, or stop trying to convince me that a Town Car can compare to it. Making a new Town Car would have been financial suicide, and would be completely outclassed by the competition.

You're worse than a dagumi larper insisting that the AE86 was a fast car for the time.

I used to drive cleints in Town Cars. They are nothing special.

I don't doubt that the new Continental was a nice car. I liked the way it looked, but that being said, I liked the concept version of it MUCH better. The production Continental just didn't have the same bravado or imposition that the concept version had.

I think if they stuck with the concept styling it would have sold a lot better.

More than anything I am just upset at Lincoln and Ford Motor Company in general. They have the potential to produce great automobiles but they continually churn out crappy cars. Ford just recalled 1.4 million vehicles the other day, I can't imagine buying a modern one besides an F-150. And I say that as someone who was raised on Fords

Cadillac has had 400hp since 2004. In lighter cars. No forced induction as well.

Attached: IMG_20180311_124415.jpg (4640x2610, 2.99M)

based ls

>employ con artists boomers from 80s-10s
>run company into the dirt while execs get rich
>produce dogshit rental cars for 40 years
>introduce half-decent sedan
>oh no, nobody buys sedans, they want crossovers
Lincoln is run by fucking con artist moron boomers. That's what went wrong. Stop making cars, focus on SUVs and crossovers

So Cadillac has been underpowered since 2004? Is that really the best logic you can come up with?

american """""""""""""""luxury"""""""""""""""

It looks alright, but the proportions are still goofy. I feels like Ford is intentionally trying to create bland generational looks that quickly become very dated. The features are tall, rounded, gaudy. Its not a good look.

I don't think Ford or Chevy have any cohesive vision for the images of their brands.

marketing and brand management.

lincoln will never look good when the dealer has a dozen continentals just sitting on a front lot exposed to the elements, AND has the fordd ealer right next door so you can see the fusion it's based on

same goes for caddy

Lincoln failed in China.
And you know why?
They are retarded/arrogant enough to sell the Lincoln the SAME price as a Brand NEW Mercedes.
Even Bimmer/Audi ain't nearly stupid enough to do that

Why is Mercedes considered the meme king? Their cars don't look good and they just look old and boring. Their brand reminds me of old people farting.