What happen to Liberia!

>In the US, circa early 1800s, there was a movement to resettle American free blacks and freed slaves to Africa
>By 1867, more than 13,000 Black Americans had moved to Liberia
>They intermarried largely within their community, developing an ethnic group that followed western cultural values(political republicanism, Protestant Christianity, western education)
>They did not identify with the indigenous Africans of the tribes they encountered at all
>Instead they saw them as inferior and tried to force them to assimilate to western culture
>In the earlier part of the 20th century, A economic policy was implemented to attract foreign investment
>Between 1944&1970, the value of foreign investments increased two hundredfold.
>From 1950-1960, Liberia experienced an average annual growth of 11.5%
>With the expansion of the economy, revenues from the government was utilized to construct and modernize infrastructure
>the streets of the Capital were paved, a public sanitation system was installed, hospitals were built, and a literacy program was launched
>several thousand kilometers of roads were built, as was a railway line to transfer iron from coastal mines for export.
>The Port of the capital was also transformed into a free port to encourage trade.
>By the early 1960s, Liberia began to enjoy its first era of prosperity, thanks to the policies put in place and the efficient use of resources to implement postive development.
>Liberia had earned the reputation of being a pro-Western influence in West Africa

WTF HAPPENED?????? THEY WERE FINALLY GETTING IT RIGHT????

30 years of war.

BUT WHY, THEY WERE SO CLOSE TO SUCCEEDING! THEY FINALLY ADOPTED WESTERN CULTURE AND APPLIED IT PERFECTLY!

>Adopted Western culture
They were Western, that's like saying Australia adopted Western Culture.

Repressing the majority of your citizens never works out very well

Imagine Israel if the US stopped backing them and the Arabs outnumbered the Jews

Black Americans have no idea what their "motherland" is really like. We wuz kangs blackwashing has distorted their perception of African cultures.

The american blacks and local Africans were the same race, so why did the american blacks fail to integrate the local Africans into their culture?

Literally roody poos

This

>BUT WHY

Because the American elites had been oppressing the natives, and the natives were sick of it.

Irish and Rajasthanis are technically the same race

Doesn't mean their cultures aren't wildly different

>The american blacks and local Africans were the same race,

So what? They were Americans and their culture was American. It's just typical colonialism.

well, /pol/ told me that culture comes from genes, so technically what you're claiming is false.

See, I'm pretty sure you're making a joke, but I can't tell, and that makes me sad. /pol/ is truly a cancer.

Because despite how much /pol/ might wank about homogeneity, being the same race doesn't mean shit compared to culture.

You can tell he's joking because he said /pol/ told me instead of presenting it as simple fact. But /pol/ does say dumb shit.

this. what really made America so successful was its ability to take in tons of immigrants and assimilate them all

>The american blacks and local Africans were the same race

Their first president was 1/8 black

That's the key thing liberal retards don't get

They think that old America was diverse neighborhoods of Italians, Irish, Jews, Germans, Slavs, and Anglo-Saxons holding hands and singing kumbaya rather than extremely segregated and xenophobic shitholes full of people who'd bust your face open if you came from a different ethnic group

FFS when my great-grandpa was a kid he saw a bunch of neighborhood guys beat an italian within an inch of his life for wandering into polish side.

He himself ran like hell when he entered an irish neighborhood on accident.

Then over time they all realized "aww shit, we better act like the Anglo-Americans before we all get deported/lynched"

It wasn't some hippy "melting pot"

Idiots like to believe otherwise.
I don't know how naive you have to be to think any group or people are that subservient and desperate to please they won't even rebel or take issue with being treated like shit.

And conservative retards don't think assimilation is possible unless you're white and Christian

It's worse when the oppressed group wins because they typically go full edgelord

It's the political equivalent of a school shooting rampage

That's what always happens that's why despite the act that we have countless examples of it happening in history people think THEIR version will work.

How?

Like it or not whites and blacks will treat each other differently

And Abrahamic religions can't coexist

Honestly culture is more important than race despite everything /pol/ states. It doesn't matter that they were all black because the former slaves were so culturally diffrent and saw themselves as superior and then enevitably the oppressed majority started fighting back.

>Then over time they all realized "aww shit, we better act like the Anglo-Americans before we all get deported/lynched"
that's beautiful

Valid point

Non-Abrahamic faiths can say "I'm right and you're right"

Abrahamic faiths say "I'm the only one right, and you're a bad person"