/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #551

''Burning the midnight oil again'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Before the Storm Gamescom Launch Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=OunUnpKLEGQ

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13846338
strawpoll.me/13846359
strawpoll.me/13834594

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=89NfJphZ4q0
youtube.com/watch?v=IUjLE_N1Cuc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

>mfw Rachel really is the bringer of the storm and therefore bayfags are literally retarded

s-shut up!

It's either the Prescotts or Rachel.
Max is innocent.

Will dance for cute pictures of Max

Rachel is a sociopath and her unnerving interpupillary distance is physiognomy.

if Rachel did it then why does the storm stop when Max lets Chloe get shot, and happen even when Jefferson's arrested? Does Rachel just really want Chloe dead?

>b*yfags in my /lisg/

>bayfags are worried about Rachel really having powers

POTTERY

BROOKE IS BACK YAY

>Be Chloe Price
>Rachel Amber looks at you like this and asks you to bring her belt to her dressing room

Rachel wanted Chloe for herself is my guess. The way my friend put it, Rachel needed to consume Chloe to be whole but the tornado is just the burst of final energy of Rachel to try to get Chloe.

So why did you tell Eliot you would go with him to the play?

Chloe is #1

Poor Chloe.
She had no chance

I generally say yes to everything in choice games because I want to experience everything

Before the Storm has certainly made me feel really bad for Chloe and miss Max. Also make me interested in Rachel and what's going on with her. Guess it's succeeded so far.
Still wish there'd be a bonus episode or something of Max and Chloe after the storm.

Storm still happens in timelines where Chloe is dead/dying or in the ones where Max never discover her powers.

youtube.com/watch?v=89NfJphZ4q0

107 facts on life is strange!

>that wink
Rachel is something else

Same here, but if you read what chloe wrote about Eliot in the journal, it's totally out of character to accept this.

Rachel was trying to save Chloe. The storm was coming from since Rachel died, but the ghost doe appearing specifically to Max was Rachel watching her and trying to guide her. Look in the alternate timeline where Rachel and Chloe never met and Max never got any power, the storm is still coming.
In the real timeline, Rachel wanted to see Chloe live and be happy and that meant her being with Max.

One question I had while playing through bts was why Rachel decided to go to Chloe, and go after her so hard. Like, being at just the right time to save her from those thugs, or dragging her out to the park. And all of this for a girl she barely knows beforehand.

This. I feel that Rachel gave powers to Max so she could save Chloe.

Rachel is either a time teaveller or secretly Chloe's stalker.

The storm is what kills Chloe most times though, and stopping it means letting her die.

Don't get me wrong, Rachel doing the storm is a lot better then 'it was caused by your inexplicable time powers!', but I just don't get that feeling.

>Max was originally going to punch Nathan in the face before running off with Chloe

WEW Fighter Max!!!

It's also noted in the general what a vague and non-committal response it is. No decision you're allowed to make is out of character

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

>Rachel knew chloe is not alergic because she saw some pictures in her locker
A stalker indeed.

>Alergic to cats*

>Magic hour
GOLDEN HOUR!!!

I dont really know if its not something else because it would require her to literally observe Chloe at all times. Like watching Chloe arguing with the bouncer from somewhere or watching her arguing in defense of Nathan when she should be at her rehearsal.
Shits weird

Just in time!

anyone have any idea about what our Noir Angel is up to these days?

dead

In the nightmare sequence what do you see inside David's locker?

Wait what? Does Chloe have future vision powers? Max didn't wear or own that shirt back then and had no idea Max looked like that. The only thing that is "current" would be the camera around her wrist looking like that camera she busts in the junkyard at the end of episode 1 in BTS.

Forgot to check the journal and thep phone in both nightmare sequences, same happened in LiS, but i'll check that in the collector mode.

>Wait what? Does Chloe have future vision powers?

In the same dream, she sees Rachel go back to the tree and catch fire.
She didnt know Rachel had gone there, or that she would burn the forest down.

Chloe's ability is prophetic dreams.

Chloe's never killed by the storm that we know of. The alternate timeline is erased before the storm hits, and when Chloe calls Max at the gallery we don't know if she dies or if the phone service is just lost due to the storm. She probably did die then if she was on the beach but it's never confirmed.
The only thing that kills Chloe (that cannot be avoided by making certain choices) are Nathan right when Max's power activates and Jefferson in the junkyard.
Regardless of if Chloe is alive or not, the storm is always coming. The Bay Ending shouldn't logically exist but since it does it could be explained Chloe dying somehow stops it, but that wasn't a Rachel's plan or anything. If Rachel really wanted Chloe dead so she could selfishly keep her, then Max wouldn't have gotten any power. Rachel is never shown to be an evil force in the game, she's shown as a neutral one at worst or a heroic one trying to guide Max as she works to protect Chloe.
Both the storm and Max getting her powers are the result of Rachel but they are independent of each other. The storm was created first and started building and then six months later Max got her power. Max got her power to save Chloe but an unintended consequence was that if Chloe died in the moment she was originally supposed to then it would somehow fix things. Nit that Max would ever make that choice.

>the word "selfie" being used in 2010
walked out from the cinema when i heard that

Max is the kind of person you'd feel bad for molesting, with Chloe you'd only be guilty some time after the fact. As for Victoria, she has it coming and hopefully her last moments are suffering

She would kill herself in the Bay ending.

I just got goosebumps. wow

If you choose Bay you are literally retarded tho

She's very busy. Big gallery exhibition coming up in a few weeks and she's struggling to decide which images to put in it.

I would never pick that ilogical pile of shit of an ending.

>sad that BTS is only going to be 3.5 episodes instead of 5
>remember that LIS was supposed to be 8 episodes

>sad that BTS is only going to be 3.5 episodes instead of 5
Source? I do know about the latter.

just so we can all suffer more

>that wink

Rachel really is a succubus. Poor dope Chloe never stood a chance.

Post your Chloefied Maxes or Maxified Chloes.

I don't think Chloe has any power. I think whatever force gave Max her nightmare in episode 5 also gave Chloe hers in BtS.
There were similarities there like being shown your worst fears, getting hints about things that are going to happen or rubbing in bad things that have happened, and also having those nightmares ended by the people who mean the most to you coming in and telling you it's alright.

I don't expect it to ever be explained in full. Originally, with Max's nightmare, Chloe speaking to her from the outside was going to make Max eventually wake up. Chloe was telling Max to fight whatever was clearly distressing her as she was passed out. With Before the Storm, we don't know what it was. Maybe Rachel sending Chloe a message, maybe something related to the woman we see watching the fire, maybe it's just one of those crazy things about the town we will never know the truth about.

Well she wouldn't pick that in the first place and if she somehow ended up there then she would use the photo to go back and save Chloe.

>The storm is what kills Chloe most times though, and stopping it means letting her die.
My theory is that both the storm and the deer are Rachel. The deer is her soul/her conscious part that's working to get Max to find her body and save herself and Chloe while the storm is her primal fury that just wants to destroy everything, friend or foe, lover or enemy.

>Warren shows up outside Max's window one time
>OMG WHAT A STALKER KILL HIM
>Rachel followed Chloe throughout the entire episode and looked inside her locker
>Oh Rachel is so sweet and considerate

Even though I don't believe in love on first sight there is such a thing as attraction on first sight. Rachel probably saw Chloe and thought she looked really cool/interesting and she, like most of her classmates, heard her dad died which adds to the "suffering heroine" appeal for Rachel.

Outfit swaps are cute.

Reminder that in the original game, the Prescotts were the ones to blame for the storm.

>Chloe has a giant very patriotic American flag in her room
>Chloe likes country music
This is her theme song:
youtube.com/watch?v=IUjLE_N1Cuc

Those of you who prefer Rachel over Max... get fucked. You're fucking filth, worse even then people who chose Bay ending

On the tree it's written "MC 1.20.09" crossed.

What does that mean? MC is obviously Max Chloe, okay, but what happened on January 20th 2009? It's too late for it to be the day Max left, right? Max left in November 2008 IIRC.

Excuse me? This is sin.

then y is kate doing it?

Where is the proof tho'?

>I don't think Chloe has any power. I think whatever force gave Max her nightmare in episode 5 also gave Chloe hers in BtS.
I don't think it was any external force that gave Max her nightmares in ep5 of LiS, I think it was just Max's poor, time traveled, overworked and exhausted brain finally giving in and processing all the damage from time traveling (Max said several times that it felt like her skull was going to cave in when she time traveled a lot).

You could argue an external force is responsible for Max's time travel powers, Chloe's dreams and Rachel's wind/weather powers but those would still be their powers regardless.

That said we don't know what's up with the raven, that could be an external force of some description. Was that raven even real? Was it figment of Chloe's dream manifested in real life or was it some sort of Kami-like spirit guiding Chloe to the exact spot Rachel was?

not americunt but i thought flag being hanged upside down is supposed to be a symbol of disrespect?
Also in original promo shots the flag had a bunch of scribbles and i saw people commenting how thats also supposed to be her rebelling against authority and the system but int the end they censored that.

Using British or American flags ironically is pretty common in punk art/music. British flag is somewhat more common than the American flag but you can find either.

It comes from disrespecting the flag and turning it up on its head and using it for anti-nationalism and anarchism (which is inherently opposed to borders and countries).

It's not upside down, it's sideways. Also flags are hung upside down to signal distress, not disrespect. It would make sense if it was upside down because Chloe is in distress and is in need of help.
I don't remember any scribbles on her flag.

01/20/2009 was the date that Chloe sent her final text message to Max, I believe, if that means anything.

The raven is this game's doe. We didn't know what the doe was until episode 4 and just thought it was a spirit animal before that.
The Raven's only appeared once in a spiritual capacity so we don't know what it is yet. Something that told Chloe were Rachel was, but what caused that? Why did it appear it appear in a dream about William which she writes she has had numerous times in the past?

If Chloe had a power of telling the future, why wouldn't she say it to Max? Even just a "Hey, sometimes I get these really weird dreams too." after Max tells her about the visions. Chloe is just a normal girl who attracts the supernatural.

How did Rachel know literally everything that Chloe did before they got together? She knew Chloe had to argue with the bouncer at the Firewalk concert, she knew Chloe saved Nathan from being bullied even though she literally should have been in Theater class at the time etc.

Either she has superpowers like mind reading or some way to constantly spy on Chloe or she stalked Chloe all day long.

But she did.

>MC is obviously Max Chloe
Or... you know, Max Caulfield's initials.

This stung.

She did for 5 fucking years.
FUCK MAX

Have you ever moved away far from home at a young age?

Fuck Max, BtS made me love Chloe

>The raven is this game's doe. We didn't know what the doe was until episode 4 and just thought it was a spirit animal before that.
Doe was also a red herring, too. With Max wearing several doe shirts and being the only one able to see the doe we assumed the doe was Max's spirit animal. But it was actually Rachel or her ghost/spirit/soul/whatever.

The important distinction now is that nobody is dead, at least from the important characters. Since Max is alive in Seattle and Rachel and Chloe are both alive in Arcadia Bay it's either external magical force or, maybe, William's ghost/soul/spirit.

Problem with raven being William is that it both fits really well and not at all. It fits really well because William is the only dead person connected to a major character and Chloe had two supernatural dreams about William in the episode. But symbolically it doesn't fit at all. William has had zero raven related symbolism so far, he never wore or said anything even remotely related to raven and he and his personality don't fit what a raven stereotypically (dark animal, bringer of death) in the slightest.

>he needed a second game in order to sympathize with Chloe
Kill yourself.

>that dried pool of blood

I stand corrected. Doesn't seem so offensive she wrote in the blank areas... She also is incoherent kek

In some of the earlier concept art and trailers there was stuff written on her flag. In the actual game it's just hung upside down. While it's a sign of distress to fly a flag upside down, it's also a sign of disrespect to use it for other purposes. At least according to the Flag Code, which, since Chloe has an understanding of the Constitution, is rarely enforced and is violations usually fall under the First Amendment.

She's learned some stuff just by hearing about Chloe or walking by her. Rachel's the school's Queen pretty much so she hears about everyone through gossip or seeing social media. She knew Chloe had a reputation.
Maybe she does have a power of telepathy, though she also seems to be able to control the weather in some way, maybe someone else told her about Chloe, or maybe Rachel just has some impeccable timing.

That's true but it doesn't feel momentous/important enough to appear there. Whatever happened on 1.20.09 had to have been really important and significant.

>Max Caulfield's initials

I guess it could be that too. Still doesn't explain what happened on that day.

>Moved out from Arcadia bay at the age of 13 because her father had a job in Seattle
What do you think she could've done to stay? She's not the one who decided here.

>implying sympathizing is the same
So this is the product of American schools, nice

(reply, I will just ignore you)

That IS important and significant.

It's the day of the last message Chloe sent Max.
It's the day Chloe gave up hoping Max would respond.
It's the day that Max 'died', becuase as far as Chloe was concerned, Max was out of her life forever- might as well be dead to her.

You really dont think that's important enough to warrant that, with how much Max's absence fucked Chloe up?

That was really fucked up I was so worried Chloe was going to see it and freak out even more but she never took note of it despite sleeping in the car. I was so relieved she didn't see it. She's always in so much pain...

I don't think it's blood. It's probably rust on the floorboard or a red stain from the transmission fluid.

If you hated Chloe in the first game but started to like her only BtS became a thing, I got nothing to say to you.

Has somebody already ripped the preview cards for Episode 2 and 3? Could you please post 'em, epecially the second episode's?

>She's learned some stuff just by hearing about Chloe or walking by her. Rachel's the school's Queen pretty much so she hears about everyone through gossip or seeing social media. She knew Chloe had a reputation.
>Maybe she does have a power of telepathy, though she also seems to be able to control the weather in some way, maybe someone else told her about Chloe, or maybe Rachel just has some impeccable timing.
I don't know, even with all those excuses it still doesn't really seem plausible.

That conversation at the end was so sweet and nice until Rachel started displaying super stalker level knowledge about Chloe, knowing stuff she definitely shouldn't know.

>says something to me by writing this
k

Everyone missing the point, whatever, you don`t deserve a proper conversation