Would putting this in my stang require a tune?

Would putting this in my stang require a tune? ebay.com/itm/260753546470
Thanks doods

Attached: s-l500.jpg (500x500, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zofnaV5Bi_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, you might get better power with one though

Don't do it dad. This is the last time I'm telling you

youtu.be/zofnaV5Bi_Q

Im not interested in scotty yelling at me

These do literally nothing, since Mustangs have had EFI they've had good stick intake locations. How do you not know this by now?

shit advice

alot older intakes before the late 00's are horribly restrictive

depends on the engine obviously

Mustangs are pretty good. Right behind the headlight, no bullshit right to the intake manifold.

gm on the other hand...

As with most car mods, they are usually worse than stock but look cool to retarded 16 year olds.

Fun fact, most modern cars have cold air intakes. My 20 year old shitbox has a cold air intake.

>look at muh tuned cool tuner car focused on powerrrr engine bay
>battery blocking vent
>cold air cone filter somehow fitted so its next to the headers

you either build a full fucking new airbox that weighs more and changes nothing about the power or you keep the stock one

The box does say 10hp...

The only intake mod i would suggest is putting in smooth pipe from the MAF to the throttle body to get rid of the noise baffle restriction

As i said you're full of shit if you think all factory air boxes flow as well as a 3-4+ inch

big v8's are especially choked by shit v6 air boxes etc

mafs are dogshit i got mine deleted

Intake Air Temp sensor does a fine job

>amerimutt manufacturers who make muh vee eytes competeing with other vee eytes would gim the vee eyte
>they would gimp the only think that entire uninted states of america is the only thing that matters about the car, the number of horsepower on a piece of paper by for some reason making a fucking piece of pipe smaller than it needs to be

okay bitchboy go get me some dyno figures of a stock engine with and without cold air intake

Just jumping in here: go fucking look at the Mustang's air intake setup stock. It's fine. The 4.6's far more limiting factor is it being SOHC.

>deleting equipment your computer uses to predict the fuel needed for optimal AFR

because the factory 2.5" one killed tonnes of power and cost $400+ new to replace fuck that

>all of the hate
>boyracer mod
>no gains
let it be said that this one youtube car guy who happens to be popular in my country did test on an old not-sporty shitbox and gained 6hp with biggest cone air filter compared to stock intake (i could post video but there isn't much sense, it's all in polish). it obviously depends on a car and sometimes stock intake box is so good that less restrictive filter won't do much good, but it's entirely possible to gain some horsepower with those things.

also, pretend to be adults all you want, but when you open wide your throttle and hear your shitbox roar like something much more serious than it really is, you won't feel like going back

i'm pretty sure every car is designed in a way so intake gets cold air, but performance air filter lets through way more air than normal one. it matters when you need to fill 2 liters of cylinder space 4000 times every minute

Attached: 2346.jpg (1300x868, 271K)

Everytime I see a CAI on a car they tend to have problems.

1. You won't feel a power increase of 10hp.
2. There probably won't be any power increase at all. Just replace the factory paper filter regularly and you will be fine.
3. The oil from the cone filter might damage your MAF.
4. Ford's finest engineers using advanced computation methods might have done a better job specifying and constructing your car's intake than some chinks or nigger-riggers.

>Ford's finest engineers using advanced computation methods might have done a better job specifying and constructing your car's intake than some chinks or nigger-riggers.
Ford's finest engineers used advanced computation methods to calculate best compromise between noise, comfort, engine safety, production price, durability, and then performance. You might be right and it might not be worth it, but this argument is bad. Small tuning companies often sell CAI kits for various cars and those products have dyno measurements with visible gains.

I'm not saying that's gonna be the case in mustang, and i'm not saying that it's worth it. Just wanted to point out that fact that car designers are professionals does not necessarily mean that every car parts performs as good as it possibly could.

Have you preformed any engine modifications that requires a larger intake? Do you plan on having the the heads worked and installing a higher flow intake manifold and throttle?

There's a video of a Ninja 650 on dyno where the owner wanted to draw the most power out of his bike. According to the mechanic, the bike is running on overly rich mixture to prevent potential engine damage in extreme conditions. They made the exhaust and intake flow better, tuned the PC to adjust for changes and got about 20% peak power increase iirc.
Performance isn't always what the mechanics had in mind if they sell the same bike in Australia and Scandinavia.

10hp on my car is 10% gain. I'm pretty sure id feel that

was it autism that caused this post?

lolol

spbp

If it’s the Cologne 4.0 V6, then it should add some hp. I have access to a dyno and I tested my v6 Explorer, went from 210hp stock to 219 with an eBay CAI. When I added a 3”x4’ snorkel and did exhaust+headers, it dyno’d 245/256 after a tune, which is just about the same numbers that the 4.6 V8 version put down, while being about 200 pounds lighter.

Air intakes are a meme and unless you have a shit obstructive trashcan for an intake, then they're pretty useless.

dude you can't fucking write lmao, do you have dyslexia?