Redpill me on these Veeky Forums

Redpill me on these Veeky Forums

Attached: 15593446133_edaa75c783_b.jpg (1024x576, 223K)

>fun to drive
>no torque, all revs
>cramped interior and no cargo room
>burping the coolant takes FOREVER
>snap oversteer isn’t just a meme

>cramped interior

maybe for your fat arse

fun
look good
simple
enough space for two people for a weekend away
get a supercharged one if possible
losing the rear end is hard, but when it happens you'd better know what you're doing.

Any terrain other than flat road is a challenge. Wet roads CAN kill you if you drive in a way that does not compensate for snap oversteer.

>don't forget its an MR car not a plebtier FR car

more breaking news at 11!

FR>MR
especially outside of the track, and even in the track it simply feels more natural and better

I drove a miata recently and it felt weird having rwd but the engine at the front

>modern eBay lights on an 80's car

Attached: 1508171131245.png (657x478, 278K)

I want to drive an AW11 MR2 SO FUCKING BAD!

u have the big gay

Do 1993 models still have "snap oversteer"?
I heard that all mid engined car have it

Attached: fourth-generation-to-8.jpg (3144x2064, 2.26M)

Just check the rear wheels

tfw sames but with a zzw30

Mid engined corolla, shaped like a little ferrari.

Can be hard to get parts for.

>maybe for your fat arse
but muh driveshaft

Attached: 3197982017_96f5bd40c0_z.jpg (500x332, 130K)

93 models were tuned to understeer
91 models are kinda extreme because they had bad bumpsteer and toe out on compression
so if you hit a bump in the middle of a turn or a patch of water near the limit it could start rotating very quickly which is hard to recover.

it can be mostly avoided with good modern tires and not driving like an idiot

Parts car for AE86s. Thanks for the manual rack and engine. Might grab the seats from one at some point too.

Attached: 0210tur_04zoom+Toyota_AE86_Corolla+Interior_Seat.jpg (640x480, 65K)

I have those exact seats. They're pretty good.

I absolutely love mine. It's awesome to drive, and surprisingly practical, as far as MR cars go. It's not THAT BAD to work on.
But it has started having a misfiring problem under load, which could be fucking anything. I've been chasing bad grounds and shorts for the past month. Electrical issues are an issue on any 80s car.

Attached: IMG_20180312_175905100_HDR.jpg (2000x1500, 2.42M)

it's a 35-year-old MR car made out of a backwards corolla. what the fuck do you expect?

get it, its the mr2 that focuses on handling not straight line speed, storage or asthetics.

FC’s nerdy hot cousin

The AW11 MR2 is basically a more expensive NA Miata, with an even more cramped as fuck interior and engine bay.

said nobody ever

except you don't get aids when driving it .

>FR>MR

the delusion runs deep

>what the fuck do you expect?
Fun. Rust. An interior that's falling apart.

You'll want to keep it so immaculate that you'll never want to drive it.

>more expensive
where can you get running and driving NAs for sub $2k

tfw I wrecked my red aw11 in 2016, just had the engine rebuilt too

I said that because I daily a mr2

>arse
Thanks for letting me know that your opinions are worthless

Attached: 1518489963950.jpg (601x693, 147K)

>own an aw11
>be 6'3/6'4
>interior isn't cramped for me

maybe its because you're a fat arse.

and it is spelt like that, you dumb fuck americunt.

Had potential. Snap oversteer is fun if you are just playing about a bit. Lift off and have the engine overtake you is an interesting thing.

Attached: 222D_31.jpg (500x360, 70K)

>arse

Attached: 1495501832519.png (472x410, 254K)

>mom
mum
>color
colour
>energized
energised

>duuurrr we cant spell so we just mak up new spellings make it eazier for everione huuurrr

English "simplified" is a thing.

>tearing apart a classic to fix your memebox
Disgusting.

snap oversteer isn't an MR problem, it's an overly aggressive suspension set up problem

>colour
Norman french spelling, paying homage to your conquerors
>Color
Roman spelling, paying homage to everyone's conquerors

There were about 100,000 AW11s imported into the US compared to an estimated 6000 Corolla GTSs. AW11s can be spared to keep their dwindling brothers running. We are likely down to 2k original GTSs in the US.

Attached: 1511761054962.jpg (960x624, 93K)

tfw same but with my zzw30 that is waiting for the spring in garage

I love mr2s through and through, all of them but ae86 is a bigger classic than aw11 will ever be

this.
Ae86 gave birth to drifting and were THE affordable FR car that could get anyone into racing
AW11 rekt some supercars and had fastest 0-30 of any car in the world at the time but everyone has forgot about that

People also forget that there was nothing really comparable at the time to the AE86 in terms of affordable, lightweight FR up until the Miata came out. Disc brakes all around, OEM LSD, a decently quick 0-60 for the 80s in the low 8s, but, importantly, the goddamn responsiveness of the engine and steering. The S12, Mk2 Supra, and similar feel barely comparable and slow. AE86s pushed to the limit feel competent and still modern as fuck. The other FRs feel 80s as fuck without heavy modification.
Meme cars for a reason.

>LHD

in the trash they go

Import RHD AE86s into the US if you want. More to go around.

And yet some people insist the only reason it's popular is initial d.baka

I've owned 2 different ones and driven many others with a variety of different engines and mods. Ive also owned and driven more than one miata and experienced other lightweight shit boxes.
The 4age is simply the most fun shit box engine period. Theres nothing as lovely as the sound and throttle response, and the high revs keep it always engaging. I never thought dailying my miata in town was fun but my mr2 always was. I think engine swapping them kind of spoils them and my V6 one is really exciting, but the aw11 is a complete package and when you've got a stock one, its a one of a kind car. Give one a test drive and feel the change in power and engine noise at around 3.5k~4k when tvis kicks in. Its really dramatic and tickles you to do it more and more. Mine have always been super reliable and efficient and never difficult to work on. I dont know where the hard to work on meme comes from

Attached: 68770e6b-0bb2-4736-ab49-55f92367949f..jpg (960x720, 121K)

it was the main car in initial D because it was popular and because takumi is literally doridori