/dlg/ Duel Links General

Duel Links General #107

Look at the slut I found edition

Last Thread: Latest News
>a special Duelist Kingdom themed event is live now through the 11th. You can unlock little Yugi as a playable LD and get some new cards
>"Super Rex" will be roaming Duel World mid September
>a "Duel tower" event is coming soon. More details later
>GX world will be going live late September. This will be the biggest update to Duel Links yet
>Bonz will be available to unlock in October
>new minibox out, doesn't have anything really meta defining

Useless (Duel) Links
>sites with good info on LDs, skills, deck lists, beginner guides, etc. (VERY OUTDATED)
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/

>android emulators
bignox.com/
bluestacks.com/

A few tips for bad players
>Create and link a Konami ID to play on multiple devices and save your progress in case of a crash
>Turn your battery/power usage bar up to max in the settings menu for a smoother experience
>using the modded APK to farm will result in a ban eventually
>Decide on what deck you want to build before spending gems. If you're really unsure about what to buy, Crimson Kingdom has high attack 4-star monsters at low rarities
>It is advised not to pass stage 38 unless you want your auto duel win rate to plummet
>Level up Mai and Keith first to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua and Metalmorph

Other urls found in this thread:

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Guardian
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Konami will fear the samurai

i wish mai was real

Shouldn't the tips be changed from Crimson Kingdom to Echoes of Silence? Gagagigo is R with 1850 ATK. Works great with early Mako decks.

Which deck considered strongest atm? Red-eyes balance? Red-eyes zombie? Toons?

But user, she is. There are plenty of women out there who are about 10 years old than you and missed out on marriage

my secret deck

Nope, CK still has quite a few meta defining cards. Echoes has very little must haves

Just a tip: you're forgetting something and unless you remember what it is you'll never beat me.

celtic guardian beatdown

It should be Dawn of Destiny just because you can get 2 meta decks from it. Who the fuck needs normal beaters?

me

Noobs.

That is actually true, I'm updating it now, hopefully I'll be the ones who makes the next thread

>Paradox brothers come out
>have dialog for literally every card they used in the anime no matter how minor
>lack unique dialog with any duelists though
>Rest of event unlock duelist barely have any special card dialog
>even though all of them were either main antagonists or the main fucking character himself
>Yugi has no special dialog between anyone except Yami Yugi
Why did Konami go all in for a one time antagonist but cut corners on main characters?

This, any F2P players should make DoD a priority, you can hit KoG easily with just naturia.

Because Paradox were added to the game after a few months of it rolling in $25 million a month. All the other characters released have technically been in the game since release, and therefore were programmed with the expectation that Duel Links would be a quick cash grab.

The real test will be GX at the end of the month. They have a big chunk of characters to drop all at once, but since they are all freshly programmed, they should have Paradox levels of detail

This. Paradox Brothers were added to the game due to them having an absurd fanbase in Japan and being old-ass characters with that DM cred. Also they came back for GX so it's not like they were only literally in two episodes ever. They were in FOUR.

What's the best Vagabond Challenge to send people and not be a complete asshole?

Also, please stop sending 1-Card starting hands. Pretty sure that no deck can actually deal with Vagabond's cheating nonsense with a single card in their opening hand, especially if they usually AutoDuel him.

Five. Their DM appearance was a three-parter.

but 1 card starting hand gives the most xp even if you lose

Oh, is that so? Carry on, then.

I wish I was Mai

>>have dialog for literally every card they used in the anime no matter how minor
They even gave them dialogue for their GX cards, which implies they will show up in the GX world too.

A TEAM LIKE NO OTHA

100 wins in a month is too much

im at 52 and im already feeling burnt out

FOR WE ARE THE PARADOX BROTAHS!

WE AH THE PARADOX BROTHAS

>>Yugi has no special dialog between anyone except Yami Yugi

Yugi Moto has special dialog for Joey, specifically when Joey activates Hinotama.

>52 wins in 3 days
>You need 100 wins in a month
Have you considered spacing them out?

Will Konami ever release Dark Guardian in one of their many nostalgia packs?
>yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Guardian

>Over 50% of your wins 10% into the month
No fucking wonder you're burnt out. Pace yourself better.

L A T E S E P T E M B E R

>3-4 wins a day
>too much

if i pace myself i will forget and never do them

You are like a little baby. I'm at 85

Fusions are kind of bumped thanks to polymerization being in a 20 card deck, though then it is a question if we are going to get the poly search. And to begin with Heroes and other poly-anime character decks suck anyway. Maybe if we get Masked Heroes.

this is already more than double the most ive played in a season lol

No, because that would actually make gate guardian marginally useful.

>Discard Gate Guardian through any number of cards
>Activate Dark Element
>Special Summon a 3800/3800 beater that can't be destroyed by battle from your deck

Would be shit in the TCG, but pretty scary in duel links. Of course he still gets cucked by mirror wall, otc, SRH, etc lol

I wonder if it'll get a summon animation or if Konami will treat Cyber Angel Dakini as Alexis' ace monster instead.

Isn't a problem to me because I only play to get some pvp matches anyway. But then I hate other missions so this really makes me think

>And to begin with Heroes and other poly-anime character decks suck anyway
You're forgetting about Cyber Dragons.

I love Cyber Dragons, they're fun to mess around with. I always made a Cyber Dragon deck in the games.

I was going to actually mention them, but by the time I finished the post, I forgot. So, I technically, you are right. But that is it. Other than that and Ancient Gear I am not even sure what other character decks we will see in the meta. Maybe burn if they include it, but that is late GX.

Roids might actually do well in a DL meta, their effects are generic but good. Imagine Truckroid beatdown.

Don't forget that all of the new characters will have skills to support their archetypes
Since GX was more focused with character using specific archetypes it'll be easier for konami to give them supportive skills

how do I counter phoenix? I think the only time I've ever won against it was when they dc'd

Judai/Jaden will probably focus on Neos and his Contact Fusions since that's his official Ace, but he'll probably get a cut-in for Flame Wingman since it's his favorite.

Starting Cast and their Signature Cards will probably be along the lines of:
>Jaden/Judai - Neos
>Alexis/Asuka - Daikini
>Bastion/Misawa - Mathman (since Litmus was never printed even though it's his ace)
>Cyrus/Sho - Barbaroid or some shit.
>Chazz/SANDAH - Cthonian Polymer (He has no single card that can be called his Ace, so his deck would likely be akin to Ishizu's where it's just that one fucking card he used to fuck over an MC and then you build the actual deck(s) via drops and level up rewards)

Kaiser, Edo, Saiou, Cobra, and Chronos are Event Duelists. Maybe S4 Judai as well with a Yubel boss.

>>Bastion/Misawa - Mathman (since Litmus was never printed even though it's his ace)

Would most likely be Water Dragon because Konami likes that card.

I refuse to believe they wouldn't give Ojama King a summon animation
Also I feel like Professor Chronos and Kenzan will be in the launch cast

Nah, they'd make the elemental dragons drops or Level Up rewards since they're all tied together. They could also give Cursed Seal as his Signature.

Whatever his deck has, I hope he has a cut-in for Pikeru.

>Card that blocks off three monster zones
>In a game with only three monster zones

How do I make this more competitive? I want to bully 30 card shitters on silver and gold with it for wins

>Giving players the ability to tell the opponent to never play monsters ever again.
>In a meta where the only way to get over a giant wall without using a monster yourself is fucking Tribute To The Doomed.
Nah.

Also their ace monster is well known to all Yugioh fans as being one of the hardest monsters to actually summon. Adding them in let people finally play Gate Guardian, even if only for farming.

Probably. Paradox Brothers actually have in game dialog for it in the files

Kenzan won't be launch because he's not part of the original cast. He'll probably be a roaming duelist at best, at least early on.

I do hope they don't start churning out content TOO quickly. Even 3-5 new duelists at once is already looking to be intense, but on top of that we've got more DM characters rolling in right after. Hopefully they give the players until at least July of next year to start tossing in Synchros.

Pretty much all anime only cards that ended up getting a real print had their effects nerfed so they aren't OP. Such as the Seal of Orichalcos not getting its 10 monster ability. If Dark Guardian is printed, it will probably require GG to be destroyed by battle

bastion lvl 35 reward

>Kenzan
>Saiou
Who the fuck are you talking about? Speak English.

>do a super long game winning combo
>as soon as I finish setting up hit end turn

Am I the only one stupid enough to do this on a consistent basis?

Ojama king is never going to be in the fucking game god you people are retarded
>shuts down 3 monster zone
>only 3 in DL

I'm gonna be fucking laughing at you people when Ojama King is Chazz's level 40 reward.

It technically is in the game, since it's been found in datamines in the past

>Dakini
>when it's canon her ace is Benton

The REAL question is
What color blazer will Syrus/Sho wear

Red.

Chazz will either get one for Armed Dragon Lv10 or VWXYZ and his skills will support level monsters and letter machines. You don't think it's a coincidence the last two packs featured those cards, so you?

>REE gems
ultimate providence/divine wrath

No, I don't think it's a coincidence, but they're not going to make the Signature a card you can't fucking play out of the box.

So are a lot of cards we won't ever get access to.

I can see them waiting on Neos. They will want to ease into E-heroes and only start with the basics, so his animation and free UR will probably be Flame Wingman. I can even see them going all out since he is MC and they are raking in money and giving Thunder Giant one too

You know, that actually is a good question. Weevil, Mai, Odion, Ishizu, Kaiba and Mako have their Battle City outfits, Yami, Yugi, and Keith have Duelist Kingdom, Joey and Tea are in their school uniforms.

>Yami, Yugi [...] have Duelist Kingdom
No they don't.

replace priestess with a crystal seer
consider teching angmarl (replace a tribute - chief)
one legion would be good for combos (replace time machine)
ultimately your deck should work either way, there's nothing too glaring.

>what is Gate Guardian
Sure they have their skill, but there are still key cards for it's summon locked in a box.

And speaking of boxes, they are gonna have some speed bumps to get over. I'd assume Chumley was main enough to be a gate duelist, plus he would have beast support skills people have wanted. There is nothing else he could have as an ace besides Master of Oz, but he is a box card.

What do you use Ultimate Providence on? The field card they use?

Yami Yugi's outfit is his Battle City outfit, even though I wish his outfit with the vest was more iconic because it's better.

The phoenix's effect when it tries to revive from the GY.

Chumley dueled literally once, and it was to get his dad of his back about wanting to be a card designer instead of a full-time Duelist.

He also dueled Crowler at the end of the season.

oh i forgot it was monster effects too. Is there any way to just banish the phoenix all together or are these the only options?

They could make him like Ishizu and make his signature card a non-monster (Ayers Rock Sunrise)

only 50 more wins to go until im done for the month

Heavy Knight is unreliable because Wild Tornado and your backrow's destruction. I mean, you can try teching Disappear, but you'll wish you hadn't when you run into other decks. Whereas Ult Providence and Divine Wrath can be used for everything outside phoenix. Alternatively there's the No Mortal Can Resist skill.

alright thanks

Is this a joke? Who just sits there and plays this game for the PvE?

me

me

Me.

Me most of the time. Getting really fun decks is hard sometimes, so I mainly just grind and play the occasionaly casual duel.

Been having a blast with my Whale Shark deck, though, and I might try to do something with Cosmic Compass and Machines later if I can.

>playing against toon
>turn 1 place a monster and a trap
>turn 2 he fishes for toon kingdom then plays it
>destroy it immediately
>he instantly surrenders

Non-Bastion fags are fags

>>>Bastion/Misawa
Who the fuck are you talking about?

>Litmus was never printed
We haven't gotten his Magnet Warrios either even though we've recently gotten a bunch of Magnet Warrior support.

>Odion
>Ishizu
Amount of duels doesn't matter. GX is going to be an entirely new world, they are gonna have to have about 7-8 characters at the gate, and its pretty likely it will be most of the early season cast

They get a lot of shit for Ishizu not having an animated ace, I really doubt they will make that mistake again

>Judai/Jaden will probably focus on Neos and his Contact Fusions since that's his official Ace, but he'll probably get a cut-in for Flame Wingman since it's his favorite.
I'm not so sure. Even if Neos is in his deck, I think that Jaden will mostly focus on the early E-Heroes and their fusions, they're the ones the fans prefer anyway.
Konami has been ignoring Neos for a while. In the Tag Force Special game, Jaden didn't even use it any deck.

It's not a mistake, it's Takahashi's fault for never really giving her an ace monster.

That was mainly for 2 big reasons:
A) Judai's voice clips in TFSP were mostly ripped from Tag Force 2/3 where he had no real Neos support.
B) Neos is a complete shitfest of a deck.

That's true. But she never used Gravekeepers either. Since they didn't seem to care about the canon with her, they could have given her one for Oracle or something.