OH NO NO NO NO NO NO
>inhales
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Attached: OHNONONO.jpg (484x754, 116K)

>track day
>landbarge
>factory brake pads
hurr

Colour me surprised, anything which weighs the same as a small moon and has no engine braking is going to decimate street pads.

How long do you think a set will last on a base C-class, or A4? I fucking hate Tesla, but let's not pretend like burning through brake pads quickly on a race track is an issue on a car that isn't made for the track.

Attached: 409.jpg (600x511, 27K)

Not a Tesla fanboy but that will happen to pretty much any car with stock brake pads unless its a performance car.

>How long do you think a set will last on a base C-class, or A4

A whole fucking lot longer than 9 miles, especially the Merc. Sublime brakes

A whole fucking lot more than 4 laps, for sure.

It's hardly uncommon, can't even count how many cars used to get knocked out each year in the track section of the performance car of the year tests for basic shit like boiled brake fluid, boiled clutch fluid, boiled power steering fluid. In essence stock road commuters arent meant for the track, no matter how quick they may be.

Why did the S then complete a full lap around the Burgerking, even if it went into limp mode the last couple of miles. How do fags drive multiple laps around in their shitboxes in Touristenfahrten around there?

That's 4.5 laps roughly. Fucking garbage.

Because shit boxes generally don't accelerate like that particular EV does. I don't like them but there is no denying they're fucking fast, weigh metric fuckton and have no engine braking, put these together add road pads and it doesn't surprise me in the least it eats brakes on a track. I'm more surprised someone thought it was a good idea to track something like that.

How fast does said land barge accelerate? It should have brakes capable enough to deal with whatever can be thrown at them.

>Tesla
>No engine braking

Wait what? Using an electric motor to brake is trivial as fuck, you're sure about that?

On the road you need one good stop, if it does a 105' cold stop then the brakes work just fine. Why does this surprise people, heavy cars come with a price, especially if they are capable dynamically.

>need one good stop
You don't know much about cars do you?

How heavy is said car?

>Dodge ram does more than 5 laps on Laguna Seca

So the ram is an endurance racer now?

When does someone perform multiple emergency stops on the road? No road application ever produces as much heat as half a lap of an average track.

If the Ram could achieve decent speeds it'd eat its brakes too.

When were brakes ever designed to do one emergency stop only?

I would say they used the motors as retarders as part of their recovery system, they generate quite a bit of heat like this though. To clarify I was referring to the cost free braking you get inherent to having an ICE.

>missing the point this hard
Pads don't fail like this simply due to friction wear, this is heat failure, one doesnt do 13 emergency stops in a row on the road.

>avoiding an earlier point
A car that does 0-60 in under 5 seconds needs good brakes. Disagree?

Define good. For a road car good is the shortest cold stop possible. For a track car cold brakes mean literally nothing and racing pads don't even function when cold, they're scary fuckers when you're warming them.

In my road car I did a full track day (at least 5 20 minute sessions) with no issues at the same track.

>another loser made an anti-tesla thread.

you know what, i hope asian moot makes your very own anti-tesla board just for you losers.

Good as in doesn't fade in 4 laps of a track. You aren't emergency stopping at each corner user, have you done a track day?

What the fuck are you on about? The point is that track conditions are a lot harsher on brakes due to multiple factors than road conditions. Factory brake pads are almost always shit for tracking because of the compound and heat dissipation.

I'm glad for you and I'm not arguing that's good performance from the Tesla, I said I wasn't surprised, in the least.
To reiterate, there aren't many cars which accelerate at the rate of that car, its also fucking heavy and it makes no pretences of being a track car, anyone who tracks something with that combination of acceleration and weight is asking for brake and tyre failure.

anyone can roast a set of stock pads in one lap if they have no idea what they're doing

How many corners do you approach on a track not using most of your brakes? How long does your car get to cool between each brake? Good road brakes =/= good track brakes.

What I'm on about is that the brakes on that car are shit. A car with that kind of performance should have more than sufficient brakes for this kind of situation.

>said I wasn't surprised
Hah well I guess I missed that part, which is my bad. I figured you were just defending Tesla despite their shit brakes.

Yea, you get on them hard but you aren't emergency stopping.

But the brakes are absolutely fine for road aplications. They're not under constant stress like on a track. Honestly what do you expect of tesla?

Yea, I agree a track is more stressful but a car that can hit 60 in under 5 seconds every time you stomp on the gas should have good brakes regardless, I mean why not? 4.6 (according to the first thing I found) used to be supercar territory.

>Yea, you get on them hard but you aren't emergency stopping.
Granted but a single emergency stop will get the brakes warm assuming it wasn't autobahn-0, 1 hard lap will get the average cars brakes too hot to touch and the faster the car is, the more it weighs the less likely road pads are to cope.

An update to my thoughts in general though, I had it in my head this car was a budget version of a model S, I didn't realise the 3 was so different. So it's got way less power than I thought and plenty less weight, given that I'd say these brakes performed pretty poorly on the track. The car is also a lot cheaper than I thought though, clearly not a viable track option by the looks.

Yea, the speed on that thing justifies significantly well performing brakes. People track cars that don't have that kind of acceleration all the time, sure not the weight either (not sure what the weight is but I'm sure it's not featherweight) but that's where Tesla comes in and makes smart decisions...or not.

My bmw factory pads went way way longer than one track day

But are they not? If the car killed them that fast, that means the compound is abrasive and is doing its job. It will stop the car without any issue during an emergency. The OP doesnt prove that teslas brake pads are shit, just that they arent durable under enormous and constant heat and stress conditions, aka tracking.

Won't even make ONE(1) lap on the nurberger

Ehhh I know what you mean but I think a car with that kind of performance needs brakes than can take a beating. They don't have to be full on AP systems or something but they should over-compensate for some rich dumbass driving through city traffic like an asshole. (not really their thought but you know the idea)

Compare to bmw M8

>the last couple of miles
You mean after 3 minutes

ran out of battery juice?

>taking an EV econobox to a track day.

That's a special kind of retarded. That's like rock crawling on a pavement princess bro-dozer.

While I agree that that's basically all the Model 3 really is, Tesla fashions itself as a luxury marque and charges $35k for this thing. That's BMW 3 money.

But even if this thing were 18k or something, that's still not an excuse to burn through the brakes this quickly, that's just bad engineering. Other econocars hold up much better on the track.

The A4 has pretty fucking good brakes

>They're fucking fast
The P100d did BTG in over 10 minutes
>They have no engine braking
They're an electric motor, of course they have engine braking. This isn't even a particularly large advantage either.
>road pads
It's issues are a lot deeper than just brakes,
>I'm more surprised someone thought it was a good idea to track it
Tesla shills constantly fart noises about it being the fastest car ever when if you ask it to do anything remotely stressful for more than 60 seconds it immediately starts falling apart and a tired old 80's corolla managed the burgerring in 8m23 BTG and Elon's space rocket with 700hp couldn't get around in a sub 10m

Let me sum up this thread.
The Tesla has good brakes for the road but the pads will experience extremely accelerated wear once pushed towards a high heat under heavy repeated use.
This means, the Tesla's brake system would be well off with a brake pad compound upgrade for anyone who wishes to track their cars.

Granted, it's well known that you should not come to the track with stock pads unless you have a car that is made to be driven hard nonstop like a real sports car. The Model 3 is a family sedan that happens to be fast car while something like an M5 is a fast car that happens to be a sedan. They have different priorities from the factory.

Went into c7 anti meltdown mode

>hipsterbarge weighing as much as the first gen hummer is an econobox.

Attached: 1509499693851.jpg (602x709, 67K)

Why does tesla have brake pads?

I thought it had regenerative breaking?

So like
that is only 4 laps. Including the warmup lap.
Laguna seca is a pretty short track too.
Look at this shit, it's slower than a fucking fiesta st (1:51:25)
For the record, a great time for a production car around laguna seca is in the 1:30's.

Attached: Screenshot_20180316-091253__02.jpg (1080x2204, 274K)

Does tesla even make the brakes? I'm sure it's all outsourced. I remember riding in a friend's that the model s uses the same window switch as my merc

You get a hell of a lot more engine braking from an EV because you convert more power. Infect to coast like you would with an auto required alot of software to manage the throttle to emulate coasting. Most EVs you can disable this fake coasting by shifting to low; it doesn't change any actual gearing, only allowing the motor to provide its full resistance.

Full EVs are different from hybrids. Most hybrids are parallel meaning the engine and motor are mechanically joined to output through a single shaft. Recovery systems are through separate generators are needed because the power to engine brake is split as engine and motor provide wheel power. Full EVs and series hybrids get all wheel power from an electric motor (series hybrids simply have a gas engine that supplies energy to the battery) so all recovery is by the drive motor, not some separate small recovery system. This means the engine braking power can be close to equal the power output of the motor, while ICE engine braking is essentially idle engine power as your only method of power transfer is to pump air.

look at all the tesla fanboys trying and failing to preform damage control itt

Attached: 11378086_896539740438713_1110488615_n.jpg (480x480, 35K)

found the Honda car owner

>tfw honda actually makes good if ugly cars unlike tesla which just make ugly cars and will soon blow them the FUCK out with their electric cars

>slower than a CHEVY BOLT
Why would ANYONE buy a tesla?

wow you totally got me there! look at my car with brakes that last longer than 9 miles! ain't i a sucker! hahaha!

>infect
kek
>coasting with an auto
>coasting
>with
>an
>auto
tesla owners, everybody

Attached: tfw_kebab_not_removed.jpg (442x509, 24K)

>tesla unironically getting btfo by a 2013 ev fit which is literally just a 2010 fit with a thousand pound battery strapped onto it as an afterthought

lmao there is no recovering from this

Have you driven an automatic? They don't have the engine braking like a manual. You don't get any real resistance unless you have really low gears. Most EVs try to emulate the feeling of driving an automatic.