/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1777
github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/09b9874417cc28a8359459469880f695fc3d5aaa
youtube.com/watch?v=2U5k-mNrduI
youtube.com/watch?v=ARn2G7Kq4wg
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233982
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck that

Second for this is going to be the first DRAMA FREE /emugen/

Oh ok thanks. I can see that it's more resource intensive than the first game. I'll have to try out that multi-threaded plugin and see if I can manage to get full speed on that.

I'm digging the graphics in that game though. Looks nice even at native res.

S H A D E R S
H
A
D
E
R
S

>strawmanning this hard

I'm sorry

Why did the other yoshi post get deleted?

Just like the devs intended.

This is a worksafe board, depictions of rape aren't allowed.

I unironically enjoy tacky handheld shaders.

There is some other program that can "auto-vector" images?

lol at all the losers that said parallel rdp would be just as slow as multithreaded angrylion.

parallel rdp runs rush 2049 just fine at fullspeed.

SP did nothing wrong

>on a Core i7 7700k with a Titan XP

meanwhile angrylion doesnt on the same rig. 50 to 48fps.

parallel rdp wins every time in any head to head contest.

Are you using integer scaling?

Yep.

I love emulation!

Bump

Me too.

Retarded question:
How do I do Fullscreen on Citra?

Use the libretro port, or an external program.

You use the latest version and enable telemetry so they know to implement it.

Is there anyone who can post a working 360 controller config for No More Heroes? I've heard legends of some who were able to make it work.

>tfw the bleeding edge build has better performance than the nightly builds that have telemetry

I don't even like tmnt, but this looks great.

>bleeding edge build has better performance than the nightly builds
That's always been the case as nightly is built with VS2017 and bleeding edge is built with MinGW.

Multithreaded Angrylion don't get fullspeed at that game with an Core i7 7700k?
You have to be kidding me man

Are there any emulators that support netplay for more than two players/boxes?

A buddy suggested 3-player SoM, but I guess that isn't possible.

why does spongebob battle of bikini bottom render weird at 1080p? pic related. Ishiiruka DX11 renderer.

>on a Core i7 7700k with a Titan XP
top kek. ikr.

practically full speed here (i5 6500). I occasionally dip to 57 VI/s, but that's also with VI filter enabled.. ParaLLEl doesn't even have real VI filters so there's that.

>Multithreaded Angrylion don't get fullspeed at that game with an Core i7 7700k?
It would, with the right setup. Dunno what he did wrong Tbh pham.

>good goy, send us all your personal information

Well, my I5 4460 3.2Ghz has the same STR and Multithreaded Performance of your I5 6500, and it dips below 57 VI/s, sometimes it dips to 50VI/s on the first track, what is your emulator version? and plugins?

I'm using PJ64 with default RSP. I assume i was using Counter Factor 1 and 1500 VI Refresh rate.

I can see that the RSP is slowing it down. With a faster RSP, you'd easily get constant full speed.

Hey man, if having the Citra devs secretly watch me masturbate over my webcam is what it takes to get a little improvements, then so be it.

Which PJ64 version you're using?

2.4. Were you using PJ64 with default RSP?

Yeah, what's your audio plugin?

>those shadows

You're doing something very wrong.

board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1777

I thought higan was supposed to be super accurate.

>Ishiiruka DX11 renderer

That's a real mystery user. I wonder what the problem could be.

fuck off regular dolphin stutters way too much

Well enjoy your garbage graphics. Do you think I give a shit?

>I really haven't had the time because I decided it was a good idea to emulate a dozen systems instead of just one

Man fuck byuu

>AWJ talked about it long ago

AWJ is the one doing the real heavylifting in SNES emulation these days.

You say that as if there was a point when Byuu did the heavy lifting.

I am?
It is from the recording, my hard drive is going to shit so the write speed is fucking up the smoothness of the recording.

Sounds pretty wrong to me

Oh you just trolling, well that's emugen for you.

How is pointing out your recordings are fucked up trolling?

My bad, i think you were talking about the emulation after i talked about the recording.
And yes my recording hd is dying, if i try to record a simple few seconds of any kind of gameplay i lose major fps even with a 4790k, 1070gtx.
I ordered a western digital 3tb, i hope it fix this.

>Really want to play Valkyrie Profile 2
>Downloaded pcsx2
>I don't even know where to start to set it up properly
Well, I guess I have a lot of stuff to read tonight.

I don't think they make a noticeable diff in performance. I tried a few plugins like jabo's. I recommend Azimers for this game since it uses MusyX.

I apologize though, because it dips to 50-52 VI/s when I crash and explode. I bet it will reach full speed once PJ64 is fully ported to x64. Also the RSP could use a speed up and of course so could the RDP.

ETA on NieR Replicant playable on emulator?

Kinda already playable, slow and broken HDR though.

MAME alert, MAME alert

You fucks are going to need to change the ROM names for "chukatai" now, as with always with the gay "MAME way" procedure.
github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/09b9874417cc28a8359459469880f695fc3d5aaa

>I thought higan was supposed to be super accurate.
well memed user.

Cycle accuracy is nothing more than a meme. byuu is not as talented as his fanboys think. That being said, he still more talented than the RA devs :) .

top kek. good one m8. touché

does he have a more accurate SNES emu?

>does he have a more accurate SNES emu?

Yes, it's called bsnes. Despite the name and copyright status, all of the hard work was done by AWJ and lots of other devs that aren't Byuu.

They do this like a dozen times every update. That's what dat managers are for, retard.

>STILL using hardcoded filenames

wew, it will never change will it?

>MAME
>change
Good one

Well they sure like to change their filenames.

>That being said, he still more talented than the RA devs :) .

b8. byuu couldn't even implement Themaister's dynamic rate control...

@recoleccionroms at telegram for direct download of roms and soundtracks.... faggots!

wut

Is this an ad?

i mostly said it so that people didn't assume I'm SP. I still believe it to an extent, because I haven't seen them do anything impressive emulation-wise.

Sure their UI is nice and they add "neat" features to some cores. But never anything ground-breaking. They also copy-paste too much crap code from upstream emulators. You'd think they would freaking proofread and make sure every change is good.

>byuu couldn't even implement Themaister's dynamic rate control...
He said he didn't need it and I believe him.

The audio in RA wasn't that impressive, at least with ParaLLEl. I was mildly excited to try the WASAPI backend and was disappointed. No option for shared mode and i noticed no benefit in actual audio quality. To make matters worse, it didn't even mute the sound when pausing the emulator, which was an annoyance. Seems like XAudio is probably still the best backend for audio in Windows, for RA.

>No option for shared mode
Considering I had to disable exclusive mode because for some reason it would completely crap out I'm pretty sure you missed something.

Hey I am going back to school soon(High-school) and I made a flash-drive full NO$GBA games of what are some good long-lasting DS and GBA emulators that would keep me busy in the library or computer lab like at least take me a few weeks to complete
I already got the usual harvest moon but I'm looking for more variety in games
RPG
Platformer
LifeSim
Is what I like points if you can find it on emuparadise
>pic related.

oh you're right. The problem was that I changed driver, then went to audio settings. It only appeared after i exited RA and re-ran it. Seems like a hassle to always have to exit RA and re-run it.. What gives?

Vulkan renderers for emulators that did not have them before aren't "groundbreaking"?

>He said he didn't need it and I believe him.
You absolutely need it if you don't use a G-Sync or Freesync display. The fact he REMOVED "static" rate control from higan means you cannot get smooth vsync on regular displays.

>The audio in RA wasn't that impressive, at least with ParaLLEl.
Sounds fine here.

> I was mildly excited to try the WASAPI backend and was disappointed. No option for shared mode and i noticed no benefit in actual audio quality.
1. There is an option for shared mode
2. You missed the point of WASAPI if you thought it was about audio quality. Its main purpose is acheiving minimal audio latency, which it succeeds at in Exclusive mode with cores that are performant, like Nestopia or bsnes-mercury.

>Seems like XAudio is probably still the best backend for audio in Windows, for RA.
It's the easiest to use by leaving it default, but it can't achieve latency lower than 20ms.

The audio driver must re-init before it will use the newly selected driver. It might do it if you change an option like audio latency which forces audio driver re-init.

>Vulkan renderers for emulators that did not have them before aren't "groundbreaking"?
Haven't really tried the psx one, but the N64 wasn't really impressive. I'm usually better off just using that multi-threaded Angrylion plugin. It just works for most games, at full speed. My issue with the Vulkan stuff is that the guy who wrote it, just quit halfway through. So it's not that useful and no one is able to do anything significant with it. Adding some shaders is cool and all, but they haven't even added gamma support. No one is currently fixing any of the bugs, and by fixing I mean proper fixes, not game-specific workarounds.

>Sounds fine here.
I get crackling, but I guess maybe I should have tweaked the settings..

> The fact he REMOVED "static" rate control from higan means you cannot get smooth vsync on regular displays.
why did he do that? Dang I don't think i even have a gsync or freesync monitor.. I guess I'll never touch his emu lol.

thanks, I will try seeing if that works.

DS Games
>Ace Attorney
>Trials and Tribulations
>Justice For All
>Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
>Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
>Inazuma Eleven
>Inazuma Eleven 2: Firestorm
>Radient Historia
>Dragon Quest IX - Sentinels of the Starry Skies
>Final Fantasy Tactics A2

GBA Games
>Mario Tennis: Power Tour
>Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
>Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone
>Summon Night: Swordcraft Story
>Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2

That should keep you busy for a long time.

Nice thanks man!

Oh, I didn't know he made significant contributions to BSNES. Does he have his own fork with improvements though?

>Despite the name and copyright status
This is why I'm no longer a big fan of open source. People get away with taking your work and claiming it as their own. It makes me sick!

Should I continue using Ishiiruka? The HD texture pack for Xeno installed it but it seems I can also just use one of the 5.0 Dev builds of regular dolphin for the pack to work correctly. (Or so the instructions said)

Also any essential GC/Wii games?

baka desu senpai

So because they don't have a Titan XP, they are losers??

Where can I get that MTed Angrylion, I wanna join the ParaLEL vs everything else shitposting.

Little shit brother broke my Wii u, these specs good enough for cemu? Doubt it, but just wondering. how about citra too?

No chance.

m64p > everything
logan is the hero we deserve

Cemu is pretty much 100% CPU. You will have a tough time playing anything that's "playable"

>talentless dolphin hacks made Red Steel playable
>youtube.com/watch?v=2U5k-mNrduI

Too bad Red Steel sucks dick

Question. How much RAM do you need for emulation? I saw someone claiming that an emulator was demanding so much RAM it was hitting the ceiling on a 16GB system.

BotW runs at 20 FPS using Cemu 1.8.0b with your CPU. The latest version could run better.
youtube.com/watch?v=ARn2G7Kq4wg

I think Cemu's the only emulator that needs ridiculous amounts of RAM because of poor NVIDIA Drivers messing around with the Shaders or idk what.

>I think Cemu's the only emulator that needs ridiculous amounts of RAM because of poor NVIDIA Drivers messing around with the Shaders or idk what.

Well, crap. I'll post this for you guys, then. newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233982

>Red Steel finally gets fixed
>it turns out Ubisoft are so fucking stupid they ended up accidentally discovering behavior that no other developer or even Nintendo ever did

Does Far Cry work now? It had similar crashing and audio issues.

>By adding this masking to Dolphin, leoetlino was able to fix both Red Steel and Far Cry Vengeance.

No No, you see it's super special optmization

Oh, so it isnt significant because you are unable to understand any of it and you lack the GPU knowledge to make it better? I think you should swallow your pride and let everybody know what this is really sbout, you are incapable of doing anything significant for N64 emulation yourself, that is why all you can do is judge other peoples stuff like a pathetic enduser. Your developer badge has been withdrawn now.

byuu is a fraud. news at 11. SP had him pegged right.

bsnes wad made by the combined efforts pf snes9x team, AWJ, Nach, blargg. byuu just copyright assigned it all to him and famewhored off it, AND makes license deals now with all money going to him.