Is the 128i an underrated god masheen?

Is the 128i an underrated god masheen?

>240HP Straight six
>Light
>RWD
>good handling
>practical for cargo, not so much for passengers (implying you have that many friends)
>One of the few BMWs not known for breaking down constantly

Attached: BMW128i-front34.jpg (609x365, 116K)

it is but the faggot tax has already started

>Weighs more than a turbo camaro
>Makes less power than a turbo camaro

"No".

never gonna understand that first gen 1 series styling. why did they favor drooping curves over straight lines

Yes. I love mine

128is are $10k on the used market

Turbo camaros are more recent cars and you're not going to find one under $20k.

I don’t have the 1 series but my 5 series has the N52 engine (albeit with more power). They’re great cars for dailying, I mean the engine will last literally forever and they’re very comfortable. Plus they sound incredible especially with a little exhaust work.

It's not underrated at all lol. It's been highly sought after in the enthusiast community for quite some time now - especially the 6 speed version. Good alternative for those not interested in the turbocharged 135i

Also have an N52B20 ina 328i, shit is deceivingly fun even though it’s heavy

>not swapping in a V10 from an M5

Attached: bmw-1m-coupe-50-liter-v10-engine-swap-makes-sense-if-you-re-crazy-113919_1[1].jpg (1920x957, 147K)

Currently on the look for one

It’s probably one of the funnest dailies out there, the 530 has an even less restrictive exhaust system and better tune so it sounds intoxicating. Course a 335 or 535 boosted to hell and back would be very fun but it wouldn’t have one tenth of the reliability of the N52.

Is the LS/GS 400 an underrated god machine?
>260-300 HP V8, depending on year
>RWD
>Ultra reliable, engines known to be super durable and quiet
>Luxurious insides, with comfy seats, inlaid wood and leather, stereoscopic wheel
>Practical for even a family of 5 if you wanted to
Only downside is it's only Automatic

Attached: 00A0A_995pPiHcByj_1200x900.jpg (1200x801, 91K)

Also they can be found easily in t he 2K to 5K range, though pristine low mile ones are mostly in the 7K range

I'd honestly be damn happy with a 130i 5 door hatch as a daily driver. They're reasonably easy to find with a proper gearbox too.

I like mine, it's pretty much a stereotypical BMW.

Attached: 3.jpg (2048x1532, 832K)

> 2.8L
> 6 cylinders
> literally can't make more peak power than 2.0L 4 banger honda engine

why is bmw so bad at making good engines

It's a 3 liter and peak power isn't everything.

> its a 3 liter
lol

Eh, it's a solid little car. The size is just right for a commuter, and the lack of turbos makes it a bit simpler. A really nice 128 just popped up for sale in my area and I'm very tempted to take a look at it.

Attached: b497116s-960.jpg (960x640, 175K)

yeah i mean i kinda like them but they should have made one with a powerful n/a motor

>a performance model turbo 2L makes more power than a run of the mill atmo 3L
Well no shit.
Why bother when they have a twin turbo six cylinder performance variant? Irrelevancy isn't a good marketing approach.
Alternatively, if you REALLY wanted a performance atmo 6 cylinder 1 series, go out there and build it yourself.

> turbo 2L
no i'm talking about the F20C which is n/a

>no, I'm talking the peaky performance model that's even less relevant
apples and oranges desu.

why are you moving the goal posts?

i was talking about peak power in the first place

>why are you moving the goal posts?
No one moved the goal posts, they just pointed out your goal was irrelevant.

the engine's peak power was literally in the first post in the thread

crazy
why do they do this? i see heaps of videos of people swapping the v10 m5 engine into these 1 series

1 series is extremely light and a really good chassis and more importantly safe

Why are you so fucking retarded?

N/A vs F/I you window licker

> he can't read a short thread
Or maybe you're about twelve years old and don't remember when Honda made good n/a motors

bmw built a naturally aspirated 4cyl with 240hp in the 1980's. but then bmw stopped caring about tiny 4cyl cuck engines and began developing the best engines in the world - see S54, S70/2 etc.

because they can