Everyone was influenced by this movie when it came to cars, everyone RICED up their car.

This will never happen, stance isnt the same because there isnt a MOVIE that influenced people to stance their car, There is no movie that impacted the car scene like the FIRST F&F, , i feel like F&F changed the scene but after about 5 years the scene slowly changed, and than F&F changed. People stoppped doing and so F&F became just a normal car movie

Attached: dsad.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Rice was around before F&F

F&F destroyed the concept of street racing as every fucking normie wanted to do it and didn't know how.

Yeah, but it wasn't mainstream until after FATF.

Source: I was in HS when the first two came out. Half the student parking lot had rice of some sort or people who otherwise thought that their stock econobox/family sedan/pickup was raceworthy.

I was in highschool in the mid 90s in California, and everything in 95 was pure rice. It was almost played out and dead before that movie came out. There was a minor resurgence after it came out, but for the most part it turned rice into a punch line.

>it wasn't mainstream until after FATF
because movies reach the normie audience
just look at Drive

Paul Walker was a piece of shit and I hope he burns in hell

hey man, devil gave him a break for being early to the burning.

>Paul Walker was a piece of shit
what'd he do

That's because you lived in CA -- probably SoCal. It would've been very localized back then. Hot Import Nights, Import World Championship, NIRA, as well as several other events that catered to the subculture were centralized in SoCal. Even Japanese aftermarket companies like GReddy started getting their US foothold in that region and publications like Super Street magazine started showing up. Go out to a place like Chicago or Cincinnati at the time and you won't find the same scene if any at all.

I'm not claiming rice didn't exist before the movie elsewhere, just became mainstream in the rest of the country after it came out.

In Europe there are ricers since the 90's

If you didn't know about rice before ff you were probably too young to be into cars. Look at some old super Street car magazines from the mid 90s. Fast and furious used cars owned by real people it didn't create rice. It was however good advertising and created a rice tax on anything with a 2jz or rb26 in it.

>Everyone was influenced by this movie when it came to cars, everyone RICED up their car.
No they weren't you stupid fag, ricing your car came long before fast and furious bullshit

rice was mainstream long before FF. FF was made because of rice, FF didnt make rice.

Tammy and the T-Rex

I was in high school when all three first FnF movies came out. Everything was rice then, it was just how people did things. It was tacky and gaudy but it was stupid fun. Luckily, Tokyo Drift pretty much brought about the JDM days, back when JDM actually meant putting stock JDM bodywork for your US market Japanese car. It was a nice, clean look before JDM became an awful weasel word for Cavaliers with baby blue paint and Lambo doors

The cars in dnt were rice because that's how modified Japanese cars were at the time.

Hi look at a import magazine from 2000 before the film came out.

Car culture has always been centralised in California.

California is the hub for car culture, hot rods, lowriders, tuners, etc.

never seen it,

I was in middle school when I think the 4th one came out and some kid stole $20 from me so he could smoke weed behind the theater then go watch the movie. I remember when I was a little kid right after the first one game out I went to a FedEx shipping center and every fucking package on the line was some f&f branded part

Jdm was taking off way before tokyo drift.

If anything tokyo drift killed jdm off because after that movie all the normies started to put jdm as fuck stickers on their non JDM cars and buying rotas, then calling the people who were originally into it elitist.