THE FIRE RISES

>Ford GT Competition Series, shown in Daytona for first time weeks after winning Rolex 24, offers:
>weight-saving innovations, such as lightweight, race-inspired Perspex acrylic engine hatch cover and bulkhead Gorilla Glass
>lightweight carbon fiber racing stripes, A-Pillars, and side mirrors;, unique engine hatch with integrated venting distinguishes rear view
>features Alcantara suede with red accents and exposed carbon trim

The Ford GT Competition Series was engineered to build on the car’s innovative lightweight and aerodynamic design. The track fans’ ultimate production car removes weight higher in the vehicle and shifts the center of gravity closer to the track for even better road-holding. The innovative lightweight, race-inspired Perspex acrylic engine hatch cover with manual latch and carbon fiber prop rod reduces weight near the roof and shifts the balance of weight lower in the car. The bulkhead Gorilla Glass® behind the driver is about half as thick – and lighter
Items not essential to performance – including air conditioning, radio and speakers, stowage bins and cupholders – are eliminated. Weight-reducing optional equipment – such as performance-enhancing carbon fiber wheels, and titanium lug nuts and exhaust – are standard on the Competition Series. The Competition Series also looks the part with unique gloss carbon fiber stripe, mirror caps and A-pillars, as well as exposed carbon fiber lower body trim in matching gloss finish. Inside, the Competition Series maintains the lightweight interior and keeps the same driver-centric elements of other models, including the F1-styled steering wheel with key functional controls. Ebony Alcantara suede is used on the seats, instrument panel and headliner. Exposed carbon fiber accentuates the console, registers and door sills.

Attached: ferdcompseries.png (1326x728, 921K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YOSR8Q2RXAU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wow, its just trim. It means Multimatic in Ontario had a spare body around that wasn't going anywhere so they slapped some shit on it to get it on the door and on an order list.

Attached: yawning man.jpg (612x490, 27K)

Does it still have the wrong engine in it though?

Unfortunately yes.

tl:dr

Attached: 1990_Consulier_GTP-LX,_John_Fitch's_car_(fR_low).jpg (1920x1013, 464K)

Lighter still. Think gt3rs.

>no air con
>no radio
>no cup holders
wow so it's cheaper too?

Curb weight?

Will it add to the number of cars build or is it just like the Nurburgring edition of the LFA?

>nuFord GT
Ford has completely lost its focus on what the Ford GT was supposed to be.

Yes and no. Ford did what they had to do to win their Le Mans victory anniversary thingy but at the same time the lack seems to lack a little something the GT40, as well as the 2005 homage version of the thing both had.

I don't mind it that it's a 3.5 turbo, but it really should have been a V8. And it should have had a manual tranny as an optional, I reckon.

Oh, well...

Attached: 1486274358351.jpg (1280x853, 287K)

but at the same time the *new car* seems to lack

The Ford GT was designed to do one thing: to humiliate Ferrari. The best way to do this in the 60’s was to slap asmuch cubic inches as possible in something that could handle well. It was done in the 00’s by simply not catching fire. This GT is fine too

Its kinda hard to humiliate Ferrari in a class they don't care about beating a car (488) that isn't even their fastest model. Ford was a million times more ambitious in the 60s than they were now. they could throw millions around (in 1960s money that was especially a fucking lot).
I'm personally upset that it used a 3.5 because its not even an american engine just a derived engine from Mazda that ford reworked and used as a placeholder for their shitboxes which is fine they don't have the money to develop entirely new engines for their economy cars and why would they if they have stuff from their partership with mazda and the Continental couldn't even get its own platform and had to share one with the Fusion another cost cutting measure i can understand but having it be a placeholder for what should've been an american super car especially when they have an american engine that's better for this american car is like having someone else not only make a cuck out of the King of your country by being chosen to bang the queen when he could've chosen any of his noblemen that could've been better but you find out he isn't even as good in bed as the King himself he's making a cuck out of. it really hurts f a m. especially when no Euro manufacturer would ever do that. it feels like we're the ones who ultimately got humiliated since Ferrari will never be forced to use a none-italian engine for their super cars.

Reducing weight costs more, numbskull.

Gotta hand out a (you) for that run on, best I’ve seen in a long time. Also I agree

Serious question, perspex and similar materials are dirt cheap. Why s that not standard on more vehicles

scratchy scratchy breaky breaky

Scratches on tbe back window? U wot m8

The V6 in the XJ220, wasn't it from a Ford or something? And the DB7's V12 was made out of two Ford V6s welded together IIRC. Euros do shit like that too, my man.

But indeed, given the significance of the car they should have 'Americanized' it more.

The XJ220 used a V6 from a British Metro Rally car and i guess you got me with the DB7 as it did use two V6s welded together. i have no problems with V6s in general though and the XJ220 is one of my favorite super cars.

Attached: Jaguar_XJ220_Front_JagMENA.jpg (1024x682, 91K)

the Competition Series GT is the fastest street legal american car and it just has a tiny v6

this fact makes v8 and v10 cuckolds rage

Attached: __synth_original_drawn_by_iahfy__29b38fffb97a009e3254d903da7c0a4a.jpg (540x665, 213K)

Are you stupid?
How does air con delete and plastic windows cost more?

So at least now it will not get embarrassed by a car a quarter of the price.
Now it will be a bit faster than a car 1/5th of the price.
Bravo, Still probably slower than a GT2 RS.
Meanwhile...
youtube.com/watch?v=YOSR8Q2RXAU