Be Motortrend

>be Motortrend
>don't post a new video since February 5th
>post 28 teasers and samples begging for $$$ for Motortrend on Demand
>comments section is getting increasingly hostile because no real videos are getting posted
>you need to fix this
>but how?
>post a video?
>nah just disable comments for the entire channel, literally every video, even videos from years ago

Is this the end of Motortrend?

Attached: motortrend-on-demand.jpg (640x232, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/ive-killed-again-roadkill-magazine/136663/page1/
motortrend.com/news/bigger-better-faster-new-motor-trend/
youtube.com/watch?v=seuPuSI1CTE&t=0s
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-downloadhelper/lmjnegcaeklhafolokijcfjliaokphfk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Latest upload, and Roadkill Ep.1 from years ago.
Comments killed on literally everything.

Attached: disabled.jpg (1000x1229, 329K)

I'm convinced that Freiburger made the call. He's consistently a whiny bitch who won't face reality about mtod

Attached: fortwitter_400x400.jpg (400x400, 32K)

(((Motor Trend)))

They're trying to force people to buy that shit and people say no thanks

Roadkill is dead op they cancelled the magazine and the only reason for the show you tube was to advertising for millenials. grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/ive-killed-again-roadkill-magazine/136663/page1/

How long until someone loses their job at Motor Troll?

>they cancelled the magazine

Interdasting, I didn't know that.
Hopefully paywalling all their content on MTOD is killing the brand, because fuck 'em.

>pic related
I'd be fucking pissed if I had pre-paid a subscription and they sent me a different magazine instead (and cheaper one at that)

Attached: kill.jpg (1080x1440, 160K)

Jewtube is killing everyone, nobody makes money posting videos to it with their last few funding changes. They're hardly the only company pushing other platforms and at the end of the day they're a business which operates by making money.

YouTube hit a growth wall. They literally had no choice

motortrend.com/news/bigger-better-faster-new-motor-trend/
>What the new MotorTrend.com has to offer
>In addition to delivering the content found on Free, Motor Trend OnDemand Premium will be the first and (for up to eight weeks) only place* to see all-new episodes of original shows such as Roadkill, Dirt Every Day, Hot Rod Garage, Head 2 Head, and others.

>(for up to eight weeks)
It used to be 4 weeks.
They've changed it, and haven't told the YouTube audience because they can't handle the bullying they'll receive.

Didn't claim otherwise, was just providing a reason many companies are shilling alternate options like patreon, twitch or their own platforms.

I dropped them when dodge bought them out. Don't blame them though, they found a new way to make money.

Read up about the Advertising bubble. All these companies that depended on Ad revenue have jumped ship or are in the process of doing so. Thats why Youtube fucking changed all their fucking policies overnight.

>have all the TV I could ever care to watch
>only $5 a month
>no commercials
Are you guys really that NEET? They produce a lot of content for $5 to be honest, I’ve paid for like 10 streaming services and it’s the only one I’ve not regretted

the internet was created for the free exchange of information. Every paying for anything online when it's there for free.

How long before all the old Roadkill episodes etc are removed from YouTube? Might get the free trial of MTOD to see if it is any good but I am sceptical as I am only interested in a few shows. I am amazed they nuked the comment sections, this is the beginning of the end.

It’s obviously not working out too well for you if this thread exists

Not long now, within the next six months I imagine.

is it just me or have a lot of big media/entertainment outlets had a very big downturn in quality as of late (past few years)?
maybe it's just that my perception of them has changed, and from seeing them in a different light has prevented me from enjoying them the way i once did

oh well, i guess i'll read some books and wait until the nostalgia is strong enough to watch this shite again

Working out great I watch live streaming of mtod content or download mp4 why would I watch commercials on YouTube

Wow so weird seeing him with facial hair, lol

If they had any integrity you'd think they'd just give a refund for the remaining amount of the subscription rather than essentially subscribing you to a different magazine.

Cheaper media like vlogging has taken over. The return on a well-produced video isn't as good as someone buying a $500 camera and pointing it at their face. Consumers consuming a 10 minute video everyday or a few days a week is much easier than reading through a magazine or paying a subscription service.

Fuck I wanted to see the bants when MT releases the M5 vs E63S head 2 head.
Fuck you motor trend

>be Motortrend
>don't post a new video for ages
>just teasers
>kill comments to wait for upcoming release
>RELEASE MTOD FOR FREE (with ads)

youtube.com/watch?v=seuPuSI1CTE&t=0s

Where were you when they offered free everything?

Which probably makes sense, less raep by YouTube.

I'm used to downloading YOutube videos from ym playlist to watch when I'm going to and from uni in the us, that saves me 2 hours worth of streaming. How do I download from MTOD, now that they're going free?

There's no money, dude. No money. There's hundreds of faggots in this very thread complaining these people are asking them to pay them money. The commies won, man. It's over. And all it took was giving you faggots endless free entertainment. Pack up. Go home. Kiss your loved ones goodnight.

OP here.
Fuck me I was right. They've literally killed off the YouTube channel.
>Is this the end of Motortrend?

Also:
>likes/dislikes disabled
topkek

There's commercials on YouTube?

>How do I download from MTOD

Not hard.
>pic related

Addon is:
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-downloadhelper/lmjnegcaeklhafolokijcfjliaokphfk

Just copy the 1080p link, then manually add it in to your video downloader of choice.
And only have to watch the first ad before you can get the video URL.

Attached: kek.jpg (1600x832, 318K)

>I'm convinced that Freiburger made the call
Nah mate, he consistently answered retarded comments, even the condescendingones. Remember the "are you guys balding?" comment.
Pretty sure the highers-up feared for the subscriptions rates to fall.

>Remember the "are you guys balding?" comment
I missed that one, quick rundown?

K E K
E
K

Attached: motortrend.jpg (1085x741, 231K)

>in this episode of Head2Head
while it's true that h2h was low-brow entertainment, however it was fun, seeing cool cars getting trashed

Attached: Cammisa.jpg (799x600, 360K)

>commenter bants them for wearing hats all the time, ends with "are you guys balding?"
>freiburger himself answers "yes"
>then finnegan "i'm half yeti so no chance"
Pretty fucking funny, too bad it's now over.
Thank you, do we all need to do it, or can we wait for a MegaPack like the Eurobeat? I'll test the method, and if no one cares I could try myself.

Be aware that the m3u8s can stop working at any time. Ones i made friday do not work today.

We'll have to convert them to mp4 or something then?

You mean the m3u8 stream links?
They use a unique ID so people can't hot link and share.
The ID will expire after a while.

Just copy it and download.

Yes! You can easily and quickly stream them to .mkv containers with ffmpeg. the exact command im using is ' ffmpeg -i '%INPUT%.m3u8' -vcodec copy '%OUTPUT%.mkv' ' on linux. I couldnt get them to work on windows because of what seem to be unsupported crypto issues.
You shoudnt install an addon with that much permission on your main browser anyways so a quick VM isnt a bad idea.
That makes sense. I guess i cant sit on them for a weekend then.

The issue isn't over the price or value, its over the company's attitude towards its customers.
See
and
They're essentially doing what they want as long as they keep getting away with it, blocking comments on all their videos should be a massive indicator that the company does not care for its fan base, or care about feedback.

Yes because YouTube is such a good platform for feedback and reasonable discussion, much like Veeky Forums.

>is it just me or have a lot of big media/entertainment outlets had a very big downturn in quality
It's not you. The profits come more from having multiple videos than in having one expensively made video that made greater profits by having more views. In part, the fault is also with the viewers and how they choose to watch and support what they watch.

>people are asking them to pay them money
>The commies won
You mean the Capitalists won.
And you got the result.
For a long time, you were spoiled being a communist.

thanks OP, didn't care to watch the "GREAT BIG NEWS" video. Unsubscribing right now

New on mtod finnigans garage hey I need money too guys too many Californians moved to Georgia and made everything expensive.

if you're running loonix you can use youtube-dl to quickly download videos

just so you know

All of them moved to new "millenial" (their term not mine!) oriented programming, which means reading Twitter all day. It also lets them more easily outsource content and only have a few "core" staff rather than a wider array of content. It's circling the drain, TV today is where commercial radio and print newspapers were ten years ago. The only survivors will be infomercials, public access, and extremely niche long-form things.

I'm actually ok with this. Custom car ads that are actually relevant, no delay anymore. Not being harvested as much for metrics. I just wish they used a unified platform and allowed each "channel" to pick the ad source. LTT on YouTube is making decent headway on their platform for multiple channels "Floatplane Club"

>no delay anymore

The delay for free viewers is now 8 weeks, up from 4.

Shit fuck I thought they fixed that.
Oh well ill just watch Cars and Cameras and Chris with just common hand tools

Why would I pay for MOTD when I already pay for the internet. That is basically self imposed net neutrality. $5 for MOTD, $5 for Jay lenis garage, $5 for Scotty Kilmer, $5 for Project Binky, $10 for Netflix, $20 for Amazon. Next thing I know I'm paying $200 for bullshit.

Not to mention there is still great content for free. Hoonigan, Jay Leno, B is for bad (but occasionally amusing), project Bi my, Aaron cakes, etc, etc. And if they can't provide it for free or with what sponsors provide, then capitalism will replace them with someone who is better and more efficient.

MOTD is going out of style. Fuck that new head to head guy. I'm all about that other reviewer that left, Carlos lago?

>no youtube-dl support for mtod yet