So Veeky Forums, my dad is offering to sell me his 05 WRX with 50k miles on the clock...

So Veeky Forums, my dad is offering to sell me his 05 WRX with 50k miles on the clock. Beautiful condition and always baby'd. Car was bought in the us, traveled with us to germany for 6 yrs and came back with us to the us. No rust. I'm 19 and straight out of high school. He's offering 11k for the car, I'd need to pull a 10k loan. Already applied for one and got denied for lack of credit history. I have a 15/hr job and overtime every week. Contemplating going for more loan applications to get a very sentimental car, or saving up and buying a different car. Not limited to another subaru. What would Veeky Forums do?

Pic unrelated

Attached: FB_IMG_1520049611579.jpg (720x480, 45K)

Should be noted I already own a vehicle too. An old first gen nissan frontier

Your dad is scamming you desu.

lmfao you having to pay money to the jews in interest just to your dad can have 11k now and not later
why doesn't YOUR DAD just give you a loan for 10k?

>WRX
>always baby'd
>Encouraging own child to get a loan

Your dad's a fucking idiot.

He's using the money from the wrx as a down payment for a new car this summer

He's not necessarily encouraging me, he's selling it by the summer whether I'm the buyer or not. It's the only way I would be able to attain the money to be the one who buys it

Still, what kind of moron buys a wrx and baby's it?

>Aspiring to buy dad's old car
>"He's offering 11k for the car, I'd need to pull a 10k loan."
Sucks to suck and be poor

Or just to have a shit dad. I couldnt afford to give my son a car but im not going to rice tax him for it. Ill hit him up for a couple thousand tax time but its my fucking son, 11k and a loan? Why not let you pay it off in payments?

Well it's in damn near perfect condition. Only mods are a catback exhaust and stage 1 tune. It's seen two track days it's entire life.

>seen two track days it's entire life.

Then your dad is lying to you and has thrashed it a fair few times.

It KBB's for 10-12k in it's current condition, my das swears by kbb for vehicle pricing

I never got to get a car I saved up for when I was 19 because I lost my job and had to pay him large sums of rent.

I was told I was getting cheap rent and I just believed it because I was 19 and dad said it but I later found out it was like 3x what usual rent is for a share house.

Seems like the general consensus is a no go though lol. I was getting that feeling too, i needed an outside opinion that wouldn't sugarcoat anything

for 11k, it better be an sti dude

Also when I said I want to go to uni he punched me in the face and said "just get a job at the meat works"

Your dad is a ricer and jacks off when you go to sleep. Buy a car, not this manchild mobile. It looks unprofessional.

>pic unrelated

>jacks off when you sleep
bible thumper detected

Manchild mobiles are the best cars though.

Lmao your "dad" is a piece of shit.

Yeah nah, your dad sound's like he's going to fuck you. Not intentionally, but there's some heavy sentimental tax going on there.

As another user said, unless it's an STI don't bother. He can just sell it normally himself and get the inevitable 7k for it he deserves.

As far as I see it you've got a fine enough car already for a 19yo, it would actually be retarded to put yourself in debt just because your dad wants to sell you his old passion project, that is beyond spastic. Subarus are a dime a dozen and it's not a special car, keep your current car until your credit score is higher or you have enough money, and buy a car you actually want.

Thanks user

nah mate, I'm sure he means well and loves the car, but he's not getting 11k for it and selling it to you for asking price is fucking you in the ear pretty hard. keep working and keep your car and save up for one you actually want

>tfw your dad is cucking you financially.

LMAOING@UR LIFE FAMILIA

Attached: 1519916713212.jpg (960x640, 477K)

>Father forcing his 19yo son to take a 11k loan or else he'll just sell his prized WRX

>Dad not just giving it to you

Attached: 1520797364209s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

>dad trying to jew his own kid on a car

Attached: 1515039757091.png (473x488, 192K)

>dad trying to scam son

Attached: d4537ddd5423868e8d600b251c7a181a.jpg (408x383, 19K)

In my area, a WRX in that condition with that many miles will easily get the $11k asking price, and probably more.

hit home hard, my dad is a faggot and pulls this kind of shit on me all the time
from the overpriced rent, shooting down your goals for the future to have a personal rent-slave, and literally feeding you malicious financial misinformation so he, himself can finance his own new car
your dad is using you for money, gtfo

Your dad walks away with $10k from the bank, and you walk away with nothing because the bank now owns the WRX and your dad wont help you make payments because he has his own payments and debt to worry about

simple common sense user nice

Have your dad co-sign for an auto loan ffs, especially if his credit is excellent

t. had zero credit history and co-signed with my brother for a car and got excellent credit 3 years later

>this thread
Hilarious dude

why doesnt ur dad just give it to you

Someone who loves the car. The WRX is now old enough (1992) to have been the dream car of many people. It's not uncommon to see them babied. I haven'seen any WRX garage queens yet though.

>dad selling you a car
Wtf? Does your family hate each other?

What the fuck user? Don't do it. It's a fucking scam. Maybe 5k would be good.

and making you take out a loan..Did you think this through?

>11k
Guy is literally “I know what I got” ing his son lmao

What the fuck? He should be giving it to you for free.

Maybe his dad thinks the car can handle tons of highway pulls?

Guaranteed the car has been beat on.

>trying to scam his son into debt
>denying you education
>forcing you to pay him rent

Like, get the fuck away from that manchild. Also fuck that car. Slash the tyres, smash the windows, key it, anything. If that box on four wheels was the most sentimental thing in your family, then I have bad news for you.

OP here

He's really not a bad dad. He means well, and explained to me he advised against me pulling a loan for it, as it is just a car, but couldn't stop me if I chose to. He said he would at least point me in the right direction if I decided to. He bought the car I own currently so I feel it's reasonable he would want me to buy it instead of just giving it to me, since he already gave me one vehicle completely free. All I do is pay insurance for it.

Since my posting and all the "hurr durr ur dads a dick" posts, I decided against it. Just gonna save up and buy a car/bike in cash. Dad's not a dick, he's a good guy

>baby'd
FUCK OFF FAGGOT

lol @ OP stockholm syndrome getting cucked by his retard dad

Buying a car from your parents is fucking weird

Your dad sounds like a piece of shit

>taking a loan to pay your dad
Amerimutts everyone

No one cares about your dad and his over priced rent. Stop using this thread as your personal blog.

I would put his ass in a caring home the moment he gets old enough. Sounds like a shit.

>american dad
what a shitty dad

I bet his dad unironically plays Xbox

my dad bought my first car for 2k and made me go to his lawyer to sign an actual loan for it...4% interest lmao. Then he charged me rent as soon as I graduated college so that I'd move out.

desu I thought everyone's parents did that to teach them not to be a bum.

My dad isn't big on feelings but at least he never ripped me off

You're being scammed, son

Attached: ishiggy-jew.jpg (225x225, 11K)

>baby boomers

Attached: smile.jpg (250x250, 39K)

sounds like stockholm syndrome

>your own dad charging you "private party" kbb value

Attached: when the shekels start flowing.gif (359x346, 2.94M)

10k? What do you need 7k for? Tell you what son, I'll give you half now and the other 2k later. Just remember to have my 11k by tomorrow champ

Attached: 14578210901103.jpg (278x387, 26K)

>father SELLS his car to his son
haha fuck, are you jewish?