/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Tekken World Tour Announced
tk7.tekken.com/news/tekken-world-tour-announced
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>New Panel Art as Free DLC
gematsu.com/2017/07/tekken-7-teams-renowned-artists-game-panel-art-due-free-dlc-september
>Eliza and Taiko no Tatsujin DLC
siliconera.com/2017/07/28/eliza-taiko-no-tatsujin-dlc-join-tekken-7
>Tekken DLC #1 August 31st Release Date
siliconera.com/2017/08/24/tekken-bowl-joins-tekken-7-august-31-2017/

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Does the soul still burn?

or did yours start with an H? pic related my ign

Do you monitor whenever it's time to make a thread?
Why?

How many throws does asuka have?

How do you even determine when to make a new thread?

lost redditors

Why does it matter, do you want to make the thread?

i'm on ps4, couldn't have been me

I'm sorry I missed the meeting where we all discussed the ethics and mechanics of making new threads user, I had work that day

The point went way over your head.

tekken is cool :)

you're not

Even though the gameplay is great I'm afraid the game has and will continue to suffer from a barebones release and terrible DLC plan.
They keep fucking up the online every patch, increasing people's waiting time between matches or removing the names so people can't even control how their time is used when they do get a match.
We are slowly reaching SFV level of neglect and bad online, with PS4 having already reached it.
But even SFV has a high viewership and 3 more years of planned DLC and updates. For all we know bowling, geese and 1 more character is the end of tekken post launch support.

Namco needs to step up.

truth

How many wins did it take u guys to reach vanquisher? I'm stuck at Juggernaut.

I should mention I have 1140 wins

It doesn't matter.
If you don't know what to sidestep, duck and what when and how to punish it doesn't matter.

Japanese devs will keep doing this because they know that there's a lot of people who are loyal to their game of choice/have sunk mad hours into the game who will just buy it anyway. Some kind of catastrophic fuck-up (like something even worse than SFV on launch) notwithstanding, these games will have a lot of guaranteed sales.

It's sad because Tekken used to be one of, if not the most stacked fighter as far as features. I know you guys make fun of Netherrealm, but even with their retarded deluxe/gold edition shit, they still give you a lot of bang for your buck.

0-4 josie
5-9 kazumi

kazumi now go jerk off

1-3: Kuma
4-6: Yoshi
7-9: Bob
0: Lee

I mean Netherrealm is probably better when it comes to DLC, but at least as far as Injustice is concerned:

> Offline grind for gear mode
Don't get me wrong, the high-end stuff looks good most of the time. Everything in between however... The modifers can be fun, if anything I'd say they're better than Tekken's shitty modifers in Treasure mode. In Tekken it feels like anything that modifies the match, including ""boss"" aka bullshit characters exist solely to fuck up your win streak

> Competitive mode is disabled by default
By far the most absolutely retarded design choice

This last point is 100% a me thing, but
> Leveling takes too long and feels tedious/unrewarding.

Injustice does however have the perks of a studio that tries to pretend to care though.

What do your numbering systems mean? Is it based off of the last number of the replier's post?

Why does no one rematch on a perfectly fine connection

To u guys that say ranked doesn't matter would u take advice from a higher ranked person or a lower ranked person?

no one wants to play you

I would take advice from ourbruv KingJae, from Basic to Pro. And advice from people at my locals who actually know what they're doing

So the people at locals know what they're doing but online players that are high rank don't?

I meant like MKX and before, I wasn't sure about Injustice 2 so I won't argue with you there. Hell, even the Deadly Alliance MK games (which were technically made by Midway, but same thing pretty much) had a ton of shit to do.

There's a good amount of people who play fighting games just for single player content and to fuck around with friends occasionally. SF has always been kind of a lost cause in that regard, but it's disheartening to see Tekken stray further and further into 'competitive only' territory.

You're definitely right though, about both MKX/before, and about Tekken stagnating. I mean, come on, $10 for offline bowling, waifu clothes (of which some where on the arcade version the whole time), and shitty fundoshis. Just typing it triggers me over and over again. T7 could be so much more than this, for fuck's sake

At the end of the day I don't really think namco cares much about tekken. They are probably like why the fuck do people care about this game so much and refuse to actually step into the community and see what people want.

I'm sure just browsing the web for 30 minutes about what needs to be done with tekken 7 they'd have a proper solution.

Let's put our Harada memes aside for a second here. I wonder what he'd respond with if we sat down with him, off the record of course, none of his meme shit, and just asked him if he feels Tekken 7 is in its best possible state.

I'd hope to Bejesus that his answer is no because if he's okay with the way this shit is panning out, he's just another Japanese company face

We are never going to get Devil outfits, r-right guys?

It'd be better than fucking fundoshis and swimsuits. At least the "what would other members of the cast had devil forms like Kazuya and Jin" concept would require effort and thoughts not fogged by throbbing boners

Story costumes that should have been in game basically.

Yes, rankboars are hit or miss

I can't wait for those fuckers to release the story costumes separately for $1.99 or $2.99 each or as a pack worth up to $9.99 plus an offline diorama mode which would be VR mode but for people without VR

Why is paul so fun to play?

I need high level leo play

got plugged by a scrub bryan player twice on a 9 win streak and i'm queued into him again. prepare to get clapped kid. also his dc rate didn't go up, what's with that?

could it be tied to your save file like ranks?

So if u keep going 1-1 against someone your own rank you'll never rank up?

holy shit i've matched with this guy 9 times in a row and he's plugged every time. this is why removing names was a mistake

fly ass looking customs when for yoshi, harada please i dont give a shit about waifufags

Yellow ranks are as hard as tag 2 green ranks.

Yeah, because they added ruler ranks and it takes the same amount of points to rank up in yellow and green ranks

Anyone have a folder of tekken girls feet? Need to get off one last time before no fap.

Reminder that Tag 2 was a garbage game and we're in the golden age right now

>t7 is a barebones game with half the customization options, no tutorial, and broken match making
no

>golden age means being the sfv of tekken franchise

golden age sounds like complete shit

those are some uncomfortable pantsu

1-3 Asuka
4-6 Kuma
7-9 Lili
0 Heihachi

Asuka players are scum.

>nobody playing on PS4 on US at Vindicator range
DEAD

GAME

It's 2am, I'm not sure what you expect.

> Q u i c k m a t c h
Sure you'll probably just fight lower rank people and crush them, but there's no way you're the only Vindicator or higher in the world playing on ps4 rn

hmmmmm bryan player with 13 win streak who is god awful that plugs me multiple times seem legit.

I NEED TO GET TO ORANGES

Im finding so many people...

>play quick matches like everyone says
>keep getting removed from sessions because rank is too high

mirror match me

wow kekkenfags actually pay 15 dollars for 7 costumes and a singleplayer bowling minigame hahahaha bamcucks really love throwing their money into this low iq game

lel this really is the sims tier dlc worse even

The open lobby I made earlier had 2 red ranks join and body me before realizing I was too much of a scrub to even remotely learn/do anything from. Doubt either of them were from here, but at least I have some footage to look over and see how much dumb shit I really did. Most high ranks just leave on their own but if you're a high rank it's better for you to make your own lobby.

Helb me pls went from Juggernaut promo to 14 loses straight. I will resume tomorrow morning :(

Do you not main bryan anymore?

Just like the did with Soul Calibur V

These days I main Leo. Although I am trying to get both her and Bryan to vanquisher+ asap. I know I can do it with Bryan just cuz I'm so comfy playing him but I feel like Leo will be better in the long run. Especially when I start going to tournaments. She's just so good.

>Lose 10 times in a row
>That final loss that gets you demoted breaks the camel's back

I can't go on like this Tekkenbros.

i went into a tourny full of blue ranks and clapped them all and they raged at me lmao the best thing about lobbies is the chat it makes me want to stop playing ranked.

>stop playing for a week
>start playing again and completely destroyed by everyone encounter
>cant even control my nerves anymore

Doesnt help that I always get paired with someone whos leagues above me.

I hope you guys remember to practice your electrics and wavedashing

Does anyone want to add to my chart?

Claudio is high IQ

If tekken 7s gameplay wasn't so good it would be a garbage game. Tekken 6 was way better in many ways except in graphics and gameplay. It had better stages, better offline content, better music, better roster, better new characters, better customs. Tag 2 fixed the problems T6 had minus the customization but who cares it's a tag game. T7 is a step down from both games but rises well above in gameplay.

Paul and Dragunov are not higher IQ than Feng and Ling.

Sorry but Paul is high IQ

how do i kunimitsu in tag 2?

>T6 had minus the customization

What version of T6 did you play? I got my Kazuya looking like Geese Howard.

THANK YOU

t7 gameplay is worse than 6 you get rage way earlier and its somehow more retarded

He's saying that Tag 2 fixed the issues with 6 but had worse customization.

You get rage at 25% life and it only adds a little damage boost, gives an ex move, and a super. The damage you got from rage in T6 was fucked.

you got rage at 5% in t6 you just died from a sneeze if you got hit
i agree the damage was fucked but it was nowhere near as dumb as a lot of these rage drives and the fact that they kept the damage boost part even if they did reduce the value its still significant

0-4 kaz
5-9 hei

Jesus Christ all Lili players are fucking scumbags. I haven't had a single game where I've played a Lili and enjoyed it without getting legitimately angry.

Learn to sidestep

It's like not even that dude it's like the way they play. They're all underhanded as fuck. Like, I deal with King, and all the other meme characters just fine, but for some reason it seems like Lili always has something up her sleeve to get under my skin with.

Sorry you cant deal with meme strings

Like what?

This is definitely a big part of it, weird ass looking moves that I'm "Not sure if I'm allowed to press buttons or not"
She's all over the place, if you're not careful you'll eat one of her launchers that lead to endless wall mixups, Strings that lead into command grab setups, good hopkick, armor move that starts combos. She's just basically a pain in the ass.

If Jeondding is that talented playing fucking Lucky Chloe and Eddy, why doesn't he just play a Mishima or Law, he'd rule. Does he just not give a fuck

>mishimas or law
>winning tournaments

you mean he should play kazumi drag or jack

>Claudio
>Low IQ

This is the hopkick meme, right? The thing that is still -13 on block? Along with 3 technique lows, no natural starters, and one low starter with STB that can be blocked naturally. Everything being reactable. That Claudio, right? The one that needs to force someone to wiff an attack to land fuck all. Yeah, low IQ.

~Sincerely, a Claudio main moving to Jin.

You deserve it for playing such a faggot character

it's like Eddy I get but how does he even top with Chloe, all her shit is unsafe it's hilarious.

he doesnt
he probably just uses her to test peoples familiarity with her in ft2 sets and wins with low effort that way so he can save energy throughout a tournament day