What does Veeky Forums think of lcd gauge cluster?

What does Veeky Forums think of lcd gauge cluster?

Attached: 2019-mazda3-dash.jpg (1024x1024, 540K)

Other urls found in this thread:

autoblog.com/2008/05/30/toyota-crown-hybrid-gets-night-view-spots-pedestrians/
youtu.be/NSPM25LEViI?t=776
youtube.com/watch?v=zFDDhitLoZk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nothing *wrong* with them persae but personally I think they're kinda tacky and unless you NEED one 'cause the car revs too fast for an analogue gauge to keep up then stay analouge

i dont mind them, but i prefer physical dials or a combination of both

Attached: f10blackpanel4.jpg (900x600, 151K)

Attached: porsche-panamera-sport-turismo-tableau-de-bord.jpg (960x640, 143K)

i'm afraid they'll fail on me. i don't trust computers.

It may not be bad if there's a digital speedometer overlay on the tach, but having the tach to the right of the speedometer is objectively the worst layout and should be banned from production.

I really like the looks, but hate it when they have a significant delay or low refresh rate

in-dash navigatio displays should be mandatory on cars with all-digital dashboards. its dumb to include such an expensive piece of next generation hardware and not include the one feature that actually makes them superior to standard analog displays.

i like them, but they can become dated extremely quickly, but i like that they can gives maps in the drivers eyeline.

Analog somehow manages to look less cheap than the metric fuckton of screen displays they shove into cars these days. It will be hilarious in a decade or two when all the aging infotainment stuff starts shitting the bed.

Attached: 4536954019.jpg (602x400, 59K)

Actual mechanical analog gauges weren't a thing for a long time either. It gets its data from computers too

Attached: 1483696191001.jpg (904x1237, 270K)

>this autism
explain?
you have two eyes dont you?

Attached: Nissan-Skyline-R34-2JZ-Speedhunters-Richard-Opie-51-1200x800.jpg (1200x800, 233K)

Fuck off, this is the only way to do it. Speedo on the left and tech on the right on the side of the gear stick. Opposite is Skoda-tier.

More manufacturers should try something other than drawing dials on the screen.
For fucks sake, what's the point of drawing ancient instruments when you can have literally anything displayed on the screen.

Attached: ds7-crossback-night-vision-camera.jpg (900x596, 73K)

Toyota had it a decade ago.
autoblog.com/2008/05/30/toyota-crown-hybrid-gets-night-view-spots-pedestrians/

Attached: 2C.jpg (860x515, 285K)

It's exactly the bullshit I'm talking about. Yes, they made an LCD cluster, and it even had a feed from IR camera, but ultimately it does not matter because it's still the same bright idea of drawing dials on the screen.
And every other manufacturer except PSA seems to think the same way. All LCD clusters are built around the idea of always having a dial or two on the screen.

Now watch these videos and see how good it can look. It would be perfect, if only French would stop being massive faggots and allow proper customization.
youtu.be/NSPM25LEViI?t=776
youtube.com/watch?v=zFDDhitLoZk

BMW 8 series concept had a nice digital dash but who knows if they will actually go through with it like that.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

>persae
Per se.

CRT is better

They need to have an option that mimics the old digidash look from the 80s

What I want to see in the next Nissan Z car (if they plan on adding a digital readout for the instrument cluster) would be to have an option that mimics the digidash readout from the Z31
It's probably the most aesthetic instrument cluster of the 80s

As long as they're pleasing to the eyes (high quality panels) and won't malfunction within 10 years, they're good to go.

lame

Only idiots like (you) would want these things. Digital dashes suck.

This one looks nice.

So you didn't read what he wrote? Make the display *look* like that was what he said.

Very good piece of kit when they're done properly. I know we all love to shit on Audi here but virtual cockpit is so good.

>Dat Google Earth sat nav right in front of you

Either analog VDO clusters or bust.

Attached: Audi_A3_Sportback_interior_041.jpg (1600x800, 191K)

>ITT: I'm a REAL driver and I like REAL dials!!!!!1111 See you on the touge buddy ;)

yeah thats why i hate all that shit.

its hard finding original radio's working in good condition. imagine trying to find all that hardware in working condition in 30 years time. fuck that.

I read what he wrote. Nobody is going to want that.

analog is objectively less obtrusive and easier to read

>Objectively

Look that up in the dictionary

>analog is easier to read
NO.

Numbers are easier than a dial.
Dials also tend to have a different orientation. The top number is 110 in my car is 120 on my bike and 180 on my dads bike.

>Numbers are easier than a dial.
Get a digital tach then aswell

For a tach I'd rather have something like . Shows the same amount of data, looks nice, and does not take a half of the dash.
A number will be fine too.

>an arrow indicating a point between two numbers is easier to read than the number itself

Attached: 98A980E8-504C-41A6-9F23-4F9A46A7486D.png (621x702, 56K)

the numbers on the tach are irrelevant
you can't get busted for doing 5421rpm

yeah it is because you can tell what it's pointing at without looking at it
try reading a digital clock while looking at something else

This, with an analog tach you can just glance at it and know what rpm range you're in
With an analog speedo, you can actually see how fast the needle is moving-- you can't gauge acceleration/deccel with just the printed number

Attached: maxresdefault(1)(1).jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Most jap cars I've driven have had that layout, ive got no problem with it.

Of course its easier to read, watching a needle move in your periphery is always going to be easier than trying to read numbers changing 10 to a second.

I think Audis are pretty dog shit but their digital gauges are the best in the industry

>he doesn't have a HUD
I almost never look at the gauges anymore

Attached: WhatsApp+Image+2017-10-22+at+6.14.16+PM.jpg (1200x1600, 222K)

I hate them. They look bad in night when the backlight glows so the black is not black and they do not have enough contrast. It is just so cheap looking compared to analog gauges when they use low quality tft panels.

When they start using oled screens things may turn out to be better, but for now I prefer analog gauges. Like in the photo you can clearly see the difference between real black and what is supposed to be black on display which is dark gray.

Attached: dash.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

do you have brain damage?

Attached: 1BAFBEF3-432C-4348-9986-838BD9DA71EB.png (320x347, 32K)

fuck you humans stare at screens all damn day can we not have one safe refuge? analog is superior bc it gives reference for the data (ie you can visualize how fast the needle is moving) and is not ugly or distracting. digidash is aesthetic and goat tho

Attached: AE22E164-7FB1-43BC-A91D-D878B26A0091.jpg (500x346, 63K)

Not as good as LCD soundsystem, but still an ok cover band.

I just wish there was some kind of physical backup if the whole screen does.

Cheap

Attached: kitt3.jpg (550x329, 23K)

Sometimes are pretty neat. However, my autism gets triggered when manufacturers run their stupid startup logo movies when you turn on the ignition every time. It's fun once, not three years on of "Built Ferd Tuff!"

What if you could replace it with your own startup logo?

See the reflection from the guy in the picture? It's the reason why gauge clusters used to have slanted glass in front of them. Screens are too dim to do that, in general.
It's why these things are trash in principle. Plus, they're damn tacky.

I was there

>per se
JULAYYYYY

lmao what the fuck m8

You can if you're from Australia and you don't have a licence to redline your car kek

I like them as long as they use the display properly to show more information in a digital format instead of just emulating gauges

>a licence to redline your car
What the fuck, why does it even exist?

NOW NOW NOW NOW NOWWWW

It doesn't, it's just a joke on how fucking draconian austards are when it comes to cars. You literally need a turbo licence to drive a turbo car.

terrible

Good.
If this was the year 3k, maybe.
Analog plz/thankyou

Attached: 1e1.jpg (601x420, 16K)

But all tiny 0.9L city cars have turbos now because of muh emissions

Once they start doing cool shit besides just showing what a dash already does I'd be up for it, like others have posted that night time shit would be crazy, a GPS built in there would be nice, a camera that lets you see behind you or to your sides while driving would be fantastic

Once that thing breaks in ten years you have no speedometer which I'm pretty sure is illegal or will let you fail inspection in jurisdictions that have them.

Me: where the fuck is the speed

>right in the middle

Yeah i like it i just had a brainfart

It's cool that the hud is a relatively low cost option on the mazda3 but a proper full-color hud projected on the windshield is night and day compared to the one on the little flip-up screen on the mazda

Attached: cq5dam.resized.img.1185.large.time1510606266203.jpg (1185x533, 79K)

cool shit, especially I just find it increasingly worrying that cars rely more on electronic stuff, in the event of a EMP burst or a power outage that my car will be a useless 4 wheeled bitch.
>I will never own a panamera

Attached: hoothoot evolves into noctowl!.webm (480x480, 451K)

>if only French would stop being massive faggots and allow proper customization.
are there any car manufacturers who have an LCD gauge cluster and allow for customization?

miatas have cable driven speedometers and tachymeters