Automatic mazda miata

How sacrilegious is it to get a miata with an automatic transmission?

Attached: 1788DAD6-894D-4DD6-9FD1-BAB223A7FAED.jpg (300x168, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SLONL8ax9CI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i'd say it defeats the purpose of the car but if you have a disability or something that prevents you from using three pedals and a shifter then it's fine

It's a slow boring piece of shit no matter what transmission it has

oh no...

>wants a sports car
>drives automatics

ayyyyyyyyyyy

Engine swap it then you nigger

Idiots who jerk manual are retarded. The car will still be fun to drive for people who like driving and not handling sticks.

Or just buy a car that's good out of the box

This is all that needs to be said.

>engine swap a brand new car

Attached: untitled.png (645x729, 183K)

>what is flyin' miata

>just spend 50k + 30k + tax + tip bro

Attached: 1518194436388.png (747x563, 77K)

i never said it was a good value, just that it happens

frankly I'm more annoyed you called it a "miata" than considered getting it in auto, you uncultured pleb. It's been primarily branded MX5 since the NC.

At this point I take the position of "Who cares". Having test driven an Automatic ND the auto is perfectly fine.

It was called a mx5 since creation, and Miata in the US

At least with an auto, there's less chance the previous 20 owners didn't "tastefully" modify it or beat the engine and transmission to death.

it's a miata not a wrx

>lets make a miata handle like ass

Attached: 1518411492402.jpg (320x320, 15K)

does being American count as a disability?

Yo Veeky Forums, /k/ here, why is the miata so well liked here?

It's the automotive equivalent of a nugget

Thanks user. I’m looking for some new mechanical stuff to get into, is a miata a good place to start with cars?

Because it used to be cheap and people pretend it's good. Problem is it's no longer worth the money at all. So the user's above nugget comparison is perfect.

Get a motorcycle

yeah and

Attached: ND_roadside.jpg (1178x785, 466K)

oh you've driven one?

youtube.com/watch?v=SLONL8ax9CI

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

>LS swaps

Into the trash it goes.

>motorcycle
I’m really trying to figure out if I need both a daily and a fun car. But I don’t know if I can afford them.

Aren’t those dangerous as fuck anyway?

If you're entering in from a know-nothing position, I'd recommend getting a 90s Honda. An NB Miata is also a fairly beginner friendly starting point.

>handles great on these wide long corners at the speed limit
> sure showed him

But nuggets are shit guns that only used to sell because it was $80-100 each. A nugget is basically a $1000 used Daewoo or something like that. Meanwhile, Miata is a "good for the money" vehicle.

Can't really think of a gun equivalent though. Maybe an M&P 15. Very popular and well liked gun for the cheap.

Attached: 1485977368722.jpg (800x600, 149K)

Noted

How do i build a car for heavy duty road tripping?

t. cuck

>How sacrilegious is it
Extremely. Pretty much what this guy said And especially avoid automatic NAs and NBs. Those had only 4 speeds so you're always in the wrong gear. It makes a slow car even slower and murders the only-decent fuel economy.

why does that metal thing look like it has metallic AIDS?

The entire point of a Miata is the perfect weight distribution. An engine swap will ruin that. I'm all for engine swaps for fun, but this is not a conventionally good idea.

It’s an armored vehicle turret of some sort. It’s been shot full of holes.

cheap, RWD, plenty of aftermarket (and when I say aftermarket I mean things that actually make the car all around better and not shit from autozone.)

why don't you watch the video. They talk abou the weight distribution in it. You're entirely wrong. Flyin' Miata has been modifying Miata's for 20+ years and you, think they didn't take into account the weight distribution? lol. cute.

Attached: 22708959_262925180773773_5641026165578661888_n.jpg (1080x754, 165K)

>Flyin' Miata has been modifying Miata's for 20+ years
maybe they were doing it wrong for 20+ years who knows? :)

I mean a Miata can do basically anything.

>the car will be fun to steer for people who like steering and not driving.
ftfy

Fiddling a stick isn't driving homo.

t. someone who hasn't even been on God's green earth for more than 18 years.

Attached: K25V8rq.jpg (3624x3188, 3.95M)

Damn three people called me underaged today in Veeky Forums. I'm on FIRE!!! :)))))

Attached: brapp.jpg (824x862, 84K)

there's nothing to build, all it takes is good maintenance

you start with a good example of a proven reliable Japanese car (a Miata is one, but not very practical)
Lexus LS400 or Toyota Land Cruiser are excellent options

Do the timing belt/water pump service, replace all old coolant hoses, replace all fluids, spark plugs, brakes, etc, etc
Cars are surprisingly reliable as a whole, literally all it takes is maintenance.

dangerous only if you get hit :)

I legitimately did not know until this thread that there was such a thing as an automatic miata

yes. but Mazda USA has been trying to phase out "miata" since the NC. Unfortunately, uninformed amerilards keep calling it a MEEYATUHH *flicks wrist*

I'm a poor 23 year old looking forward to buying a good rustless nb as a first car. The concept of a light small tight turning car in the tight medieval roads of uk that will probably give me the sweet release of death if I get in a fairly average crash is exciting.

It's not just 'slap in something that weights the same'. It's like getting an aircraft com/cof/cot correct. It takes an incredible amount of work to get a custom engine in the exact perfect spot. If you're an inch off it doesn't work.

53-47
54-46
100 extra pounds
wow its fucking nothing
with 3x the power and torque weight distribution will be the least of concerns

>i liek when i go fast in a straight line
>turning too hard for smoothbrain like me
>me hurty self into tree too much

Attached: 1517715091531.png (645x729, 62K)

>t. my d-series honda is loads of fun!

Not a good idea? It's an amazing idea

It's a complete waste of money.
Have another look into why people like the Miata in the first place.

Attached: 1506480240287.jpg (345x336, 214K)

2 dudes in a miata - super gay even with an LS3 in it.

Real answer coming thru

I ended up with an auto ND, basically got a better deal on it so fuck it.

Anyways I was apprehensive about it at first but after driving it came out of it really impressed. The auto trans is very responsive, car felt just as fast, and the car lets you downshift at any time whenever you want. I use it all the time when I need to pull ahead of someone or need some engine braking. Turning on sport mode also makes a big difference in throttle response. Full manual mode is also very good, and completely changes how the car drives.

Its a good car with either transmission, obvious manual is better but the auto is very capable. Havent regretted buying, especially with all the gridlock traffic I deal with. The car is a stupid amount of fun, think anyone that likes to drive will enjoy it

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
TLDR: Doesnt matter which tran you get your still gonna like it, car is stupid fun

0-60 in 5.9 secs is pretty good, especially for the price range. Its faster straight line than toyobaru.

how do you put up with the LOL GAY MEEYATUH memes?

Some days I just want to run someone over for it. Almost got mad at the dealership when they said they're pulling up my "miata" after an oil change.

Not to brag but every girl Ive taken in the car loves it. Miatas ironically has helped me get the bitches hahahhahah

As long as I like the car and the ladies do too who gives a fuck what some guys think about it, if anything that’s what would be really gay.