Buying one of these used soon as my first car, is there anything I should look out for? Any recommended simple mods?

Buying one of these used soon as my first car, is there anything I should look out for? Any recommended simple mods?

Attached: 4365.jpg (1200x675, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1VGOBCf2Sp8
youtube.com/watch?v=Gc5UU_EksNk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You better be getting an Si. None of the other models are worth it.

>honda something Si
>using the simple mods meme seriously
>having such a new car as a first car
probably an automatic too right ?

just kill yourself and never visit this board again

Honda Si models are all 6 speed manual only. There's no such thing at any point in history as an automatic Si.
If you see a Honda badged "Si" and it has an automatic, guess what? It's not an Si.

see:

right, idk much about newer cars, especially honda.. anyway

>is there anything I should look out for?
seems like a pretty recent model so check wear parts and service history, ask and LOOK for problems and rust, google for common issues and check those yourself you knwo what ? just get a friend who knows his shit or a mechanic to check it out.
>Any recommended simple mods?
dont mod it its too expensive and anything you can afford will make it worse
make visual modifications to it if you want to put a personal touch on the car

I forgot one thing..

You have shit taste

Attached: dogo.jpg (660x708, 121K)

Just get an 8th gen si. cheaper, more fun, better aftermarket, you wont regret it

>taking my use of the meme seriously

I meant visual mods, and I don’t plan on making it a rice box either, I’d prefer a clean look.

>right, idk much about newer cars, especially honda.. anyway
Honda's Si badge has existed since the 1980s to designate performance Civic models in America. There has never been an automatic Si at any point in time.

The model in OP's post is a 2012-2015 Honda Civic Si. These came with a 200 HP 2.4L K24 I4 engine, and a 6 speed manual as standard.

When it came out, reviewers complained about the 2.4L saying it wasn't as much fun because the 2.4L didn't scream to an 8000 RPM redline like the 2.0L K20 that powered 2006-2011 Civic Si's.

Here. They compared a 2000 Civic Si (160 HP 1.6L B16 engine) against a 2012 Civic Si (201 HP 2.4L K24 engine)
youtube.com/watch?v=1VGOBCf2Sp8

And here's a 2013 Si compared to an Integra Type R (195 HP 1.8L B18 engine)
youtube.com/watch?v=Gc5UU_EksNk

stop shilling this car, it can have the badge and the manual transmission but it still isn't a good enthusiast car nor a good first car, no young adult or teenager with richfag parents would get a fucking car like that as a first car because it LOOKS like any other fucking sedan econobox

as a sidenote, i love to fuck with shills now and then but the fact that you fell for my first post so hard is insane, lurk more, git gud and stop being so autistic about the badge and the manual trans.

furthermore refer to the last sentence of my first post

inb4 you come here crying because you lost the stoplight grand prix to a Civic

OP here, since I graduated college I've been saving and now I have $12k, that's enough for a preowned 2013-2014 FB6.

>implying you have to be a richfag to buy a civic

i drive a fucking w201 merc with just 136hp, im 100% sure any modern civic could beat me in a drag race but then again, i dont drag race i drive fast on mountain roads.
okay then see

I know your feelings are hurt man, I'm sorry. Try not to pop a vein.

thanks for the support man, its just hard to recover from such a blow such as losing to a honda civic in a dragrace

Well, something obviously happened to you that you're being hostile. Think of it this way, you entered the thread with an immediate hostile response to a couple of questions. As people started to respond to your posts, you continued on with the hostility. and you still are.

So using this line of logic, it's safe to assume that you're not in a very good mood, and you weren't in a good mood before you entered this thread. Did someone make you angry in a different thread, or are you having an overall bad day?

You took 4 sentences to say, "You mad?"

Yeah, pretty much.

First thing you get is a flashpro, it is retardedly easy to install and will make your car much smoother to drive and give you more power, and if you add any other mods you can update your flashpro to get the most out of your mods