Car Payment

Anyone have a "large" car payment?

What vehicle and how do you manage? I've been making a $350 a month car payment for...about 4 years now comfortably (even jobless).

Thinking of jumping up to 500 and getting into an F-Type.

Attached: 1506654762760.jpg (294x404, 28K)

If I didn't have this student loan, I'd have a much more expensive car, that's for sure.

$600 for a top trim muscle car
I manage by making money

whats considered a "large" car payment?

How do you think you are going to get into a F-type for $500 month? Lease special or 72+ month loan

Maybe leasing a base spec 4 banger

Please stop posting dear God.

Attached: 1468195351128.gif (640x1056, 307K)

$660 for a camaro. Got hosed on my trade but didn't roll over any negative equity. You can pretty much "afford" any car you want as long as you're not making minimum wage. It's all about the other places your money does / doesn't go.

No, you

K waste your money however you want to, niggers.

For me it's 600/month. Already living comfortably but I might upgrade in a few years for something premium.

I dunno
currently at $250 biweekly payments on a loan with 1.5% int rate
bought it in 2015 and only have 10k left to pay on it

so long as you aren't upside down/at risk of getting fucked by an insurance company if it gets totaled it isn't that much of a problem

is this hentai?

I work at a Chrysler/Dodge dealership and watched someone sell a poor negress a brand new Pacifica Minivan.

She put $1800 down and her monthly payments are $850 For 72 months.

JUST

Attached: 1520563425830.gif (480x270, 966K)

It might've been closer to 50 months actually

Your taxes at work

A bailout by a different name. Truthfully I am amazed by the amount of blacks buying new cars.

750 a month for the next 4 years.

>2011 300C SRT8
>its really easy

Attached: 1520141199666.jpg (1000x600, 128K)

I also pay $600 combined (car and insurance). I justify it by loving cars and afford it by making money.

145$CAD/month for a base manual 2013 elantra with 65k KM. 5 years financing with 7.5% (fuck me). will get rid of it really soon though. i dont need it since I bought a 2nd cheap car

The payment on my Tundra is $1500/mo for 24 months. I make enough money to have bought it with cash but financing helps keep my (((credit))) score up and the interest rate was less than 1%.

>loan
>afford

Attached: balding.jpg (275x183, 6K)

If you can get 0-1% financing, it never really makes sense to just buy a car with cash. You'll make more money financing and investing the rest, even in some shitty low risk mutual fund.

Where the hell are you getting

I'm in Canada, but: Kia, Hyundai, Chevy, Ford, Toyota, and Subaru just from a quick check.

>for...about 4 years

How fucking dumb are you to take out a finance agreement longer than three years?

Manufacturers financing

You should really post a trigger warning before mentioning financing in an Veeky Forums thread OP.

Not him, but I have a 5 year loan for a $24k car at 1.9%. I'm about a year and a half into it and have $8k left on it. You don't have to make the minimum payment.

Can get 1.9% Honda if you don't have nigger credit

Source: work for honda

Everything around me is >3.5% and I have a 740+ credit score

$350 a month for 3 years. Challenger phatkat.

I honestly can't understand people financing expensive cars.

Sure you get a nice new ride but you're legally obligated to make payments of over $500 for every month for several, sometimes 5 years. It sounds retarded to me. If something catastrophic happens, you get your car repo'd and your credit score ruined for a long time. I just buy

Attached: oos.png (882x758, 16K)

And whenever you do lose the car, you'll still be legally bound to paying the remaining loan that can be worth $XX,XXX. Just seems retarded to me.

>legally obligated
Yeah, have fun going through the courts system to try and force someone to pay up. They will repo the car though.

Can't they deduct money out of your paycheck, tax refund, and stuff?

Oh they can sure try, but trying to actually get all of that is a massive pain in the ass.

I think I'll stick with my shit boxes. I'll buy the new 2018 Honda Civic in 2040.

This
>t. Poorfag that rides a $1k honda cb750 motorcycle

paying $7 a month for full coverage insurance is nice too

>biweekly payments
nice dub dub trips Tyrone

I had a car repo'd 2 years ago. Storytime:

>be me at 21
>need to get a new car
>have been using sisters car to get to work, its a pos jetta that leaks coolant and oil
>I finally save up $1500 and start looking for a new car
>didnt know how to drive manual, but wanted something fast
>found a v6 altima cvt for 13k
>I loved the looks and it was fast while also being super comfy
>finance it with 15-20% APR because my credit was shit
>finally have a new fast cool looking car, I get really excited for the first week I have it
>slowly realize that I have no one to show it to besides my mom and my boss
>fall back into my lonely rut, except now with a nice car
>I also start doing heroin again, it feels great to do it in my nice car
>Continue to work and be lonely, and do heroin on the weekends
>things start to get out of hand, start doing heroin during the week
>convinced myself that its OK because I still have a nice car and a job
>snorting the heroin isnt working anymore, the amount of powder is too much to fit in my nose
>start paying my dealer to shoot me up in my car
>eventually I learn to do it to myself, and even have a little shooting ritual in my car. I would park at market basket, listen to music, and prepare the shot

(cont.)

Attached: 1519342296697.jpg (2048x1176, 1.58M)

>after I started shooting up I lost my job a few weeks later. My boss was one of the few people I would talk to, it killed me losing this job.
>with no job I had no money, and if I did have money it went to drugs. stopped paying on the car like 4 months after I got it
>start hustling money by giving junkies and dealers rides to places in exchange for heroin and gas
>would shoot up while driving and sometimes fall asleep, had more fender benders than I can count
>car is decimated at this point, front end is all fucked up from crashing it and the interior is a wreck
>repo guy drives by my house every day waiting for me, have to sneak around and park it in my garage so it doesnt get repo'd
>about a year later I start sobering up and getting my shit together
>decide to give car back, after like 10 months of not paying
>a few months later I'm still sober doing great, and I get a letter from the bank that financed my the car

Attached: 1520528222130.png (300x300, 168)

>the letter says I still owe $16,000 for the car
>I cry and try to figure out how I can pay that back
>a few more months later I get a letter saying the bank is going to sell my car, and file a claim on my insurance for the damage
>I figure I will end up owing them around $10k after they sell the car
>ontop of that I was paying off other debts that I acquired during my addiction, and trying to save up money for the first time in my adult life
>eventually I pay off all my debts besides the car loan, and have a bank account with a nice savings
>one day I get a letter from the bank who financed me, afraid to even open it up in fear of a court date
>the letter thanks me for paying off my debt, then they wrote that they enclosed a $1000 check because they owed me money
>nearly explode with confusion and happiness, I went from owing $16,000 to getting owed money
>I put the check in my savings account, and take it as a sign from god that I'm doing well and to keep going

Still to this day I don't understand why the bank gave me money. I guess they must have sold the car and filed a claim which netted them more than the $16k I owed

Attached: 1519255907572.jpg (227x282, 21K)

Gonna be getting a loan for a $120K car for the family soon.
AMA.

Maybe the insurance totaled the car out and the payout to the bank was more than what you owed on the car?

I'm sure somewhere in the TFTD archive the original story can be found, but the highest monthly payment I ever had someone actually take was a black lady who took a $1500+ payment on a used Mercedes GLK

You're lucky user, don't squander it

350 per month 72 month term, no interest in paying it off early unless I get a bonus at work or something

>You don't have to make the minimum payment.
But the interest is frontloaded. You're paying the agreed-on price plus that 1.9% for every year of the loan. That's basically a 10% interest rate.

Financing threads makes me feel good about my 3k civic tbdesu

Attached: 1519263155194.png (503x720, 334K)