Be me

>be me
>buys 1984 Mercury Grand Marquis

I tried to insert the cassette to aux thing, and it wouldn't go in all the way. Same thing with a normal cassette. If I push the tape back all the way and hold it there, i can hear my music, so the thing isn't broken. The cassette just won't stay I'm place.

Am I retarded and missing something or is this thing bustes? Thanks.

Attached: 20180317_172652.jpg (4032x3024, 3.91M)

sounds like an engine problem

>he actually bought it
Well, at least you won't be starting a "is dis gud 1st car?" thread every fucking day.
Now we just get to watch you slowly be disappointed with your decision.

Ok retard.

In all seriousness, sorry about the excessive retarded first car posts.

Should've bought a 88-91 the stereo is much simpler and this wouldn't be an issue. Nicer front and rear too.

They didn't know in 1984 that cassette adapters would exist or that anyone would still be driving the car in 30 years so its not really their fault.

Buy some tapes bro.

Welcome to the Panther club.

Attached: 1989GrnMarquisGS.jpg (508x371, 44K)

Well I understand that, I would love to just buy some tapes, but it doesn't accept any tapes at all, they just don't stay in.

Just so you know, if you push two of the station buttons at once you can use it as extra presets.

Well I dunno what to tell you OP maybe you have to find another OEM Ford radio to stick in there...that sounds like tons of fun...

Call up a local electronics repair shop and see if they'll take a look at it for you.

Is the radio rejecting the tapes, like it goes in then I pops out? I had the same problem with my 1989 Deville.

get a different ford radio to stick in there
shouldn't be too hard to replace

it's probably not worth it to fix the one you have unless you do it yourself

Brother! Welcome to the club! When I bought my car (pic related) I had this exact issue as well but then one day it decided to stay in. I can't explain how or why it happened the way it did, but it did.

Best of luck OP, let us know how you like the car

Attached: 46(2).jpg (3018x2232, 1.41M)

There's probably a retaining clip that's either bent or broken, or has a spring that failed. Could be an easy fix if you pull out the tape deck.

Why did you buy that CFI boat anchor?
At least it has the factory radio still, please for the love of god do not put some shitty aftermarket garbage in there. If you do, at least get a stock single DIN trim piece.

this, tapes sound better anyways.

Okay I'm gonna give you a legit answer

Get some of that canned compressed air or use your own air compressor(Preferred because higher PSI) and blow it out. In a case long ago I just had a buildup of dust preventing it from seating all the way

I'd go on CVN and see what their opinion is for aftermarket radios

>Help is this good car?
No it's not.
> I bought it and stuffs fucked up like you said it would be on a 30+ year old car! HELP

I hope your TV cable breaks and the AOD grenades. Enjoy your 150HP 5.0

>>be me
>>buys 1984 Mercury Grand Marquis

Die in a fire,

kthxbye

Op Get a metal grommet for the tv cable Asap because the plastic one will break on you and fuck your transmission. Either pay 5 bucks or 1500.

check morons haven't put randoms shit in there.

why so mad

An 84 with single exhaust makes a killmenow 140hp, but they don't use a TV cable, the CFI cars still used a rod.

It's actually really easy to fix that issue!

You will need a can of dust-off, a box of tissues or cleaning cloths, basic tools and a flashlight.

First get all your tools together, needle nose pliers, screwdriver set, flashlight, the right tools make the job easy, and proper man knows how to use tools and fix things. You are not a proper man.

Next you will inhale the dust-off, get really high and jack off into the tissues. Fill them with thick, gross yellowish cum. Leave them in the back seat.

Now list your POS car on Craigslist, sell it to the next idiot and you will never have to deal with the cassette deck in that car again.

Attached: tmp_30542-20180317_2014031901699019.jpg (2700x2281, 3.2M)