I miss digital dashes bros

I miss digital dashes bros

Attached: digital dash.jpg (2560x1490, 349K)

Bet nigga bbc shieet future hendrix digitoll nigga fuckem fisical ya yaya ya whooty whoo

I miss fucking your Mom.
Ask her how she's doing for me.

I just want a z20 soarer so bad

Attached: images (1).jpg (472x312, 20K)

xD epic dude

Attached: buick-reatta-11.jpg (3888x2592, 2.52M)

I had a Buick with a digital dashboard.
It liked to do things like go out when I turned the headlights on, or randomly switch between MPH and KPH.

It is because of homos like you that we are entering the screen instrument panel dark ages

Attached: 1421323559823.jpg (1068x713, 163K)

Attached: 1410561215018.jpg (900x675, 151K)

Ech, they were/are awful. At least the 80's ones were. I'm sure modern ones are decent.

Very cool man. Could you make a small list of cars that had those I never been in one or see them who made them?

I’m not your “bro”

Also kys

Buick Reatta
Cadillac Allante
Most 90s Lincolns (towncar)
Most 90s Cadillacs (deville)

Very cool!

i miss cumming in your mom, don't tell her i'm the dad though

what is this, third grade?

Attached: 1499895755979.gif (194x172, 458K)

You're not alone. Old school LCD digital dashes give me a chub.

Had an 88 thunderbird with digital dash. Was pure sex

The C4's has to be my favorite of all time.

>implying
Old digital dashes are nothing more than a normal gauge cluster with the spinny bits replaced by 8-segment displays and sometimes some lines in a circle. Every part of the dash still has a specific, designated purpose, and because it's all straight printed or cutouts there's no gross pixely edges like when modern digital dashboards try to display a circular gauge. Not to mention they have the simplicity of a normal dash, not "We need to have 27 different gradient shades of grey and blue on this fake speedometer until it looks like the HUD from NFS Most Wanted!"

Attached: file.png (2560x1440, 3.98M)

Also from the 80s.
Olds Cutlass
Olds Toronado
Buick Somerset/Skylark

More like 6th grade.

these are so trash.

I have a rental now, jeep grand shiitoky. fucking horrible screen. TN low res panel. awful uneven backlight looks like utter shit at twilight. I have not driven it in the night time yet, but I can only imagine how shitty that overlit black is going to look.

Does this model also have the Crt screen in it? I really like this car, but I heard those were dogshit to use.

The C4 digital dash is one of the coolest ever!

Least it doesn't look like shit like 80's ones and it has to be more reliable.

yeah in the center dash

Attached: 1989-reatta.jpg (600x337, 28K)

>inflatable restraint
The fuck?

Old fashioned name for airbag.

>retard doesn't know what an airbag is

>the current state of Veeky Forums

Yeah man (mine is the most tasteful tho)

Attached: IMG_20171124_180352088.jpg (5344x3006, 2.66M)

Attached: mfw boner.jpg (916x963, 445K)

The Volvo dash is nice, I wish it was more customizable like an Audi or even the new mustang dashboards.

>Veeky Forums wants digital dashes
>meanwhile the majority of modern cars have them now and mechanical dashes with real clockhands are a dying breed

Attached: 1512165320519.jpg (313x140, 10K)

They have to look like outdated design that aged poorly and wouldn't fit in with modern aesthetics.

Modern """digitial""" dashes are so poorly executed though. 99% of them are just a digital rendering of an analog speedometer/tachometer, with some fucking 4" tablet screen in the middle.

Older digital dashes were done with such an undeniable aesthetic, they were TRYING to look like something from the future.

It's a good thing engineers and designers in the 1980's didn't know what the future would actually be, or they'd have killed themselves.

Attached: nissan leopard dash.jpg (480x288, 112K)

Attached: eb8c33bd0f9241a037b1dbe363c03a1b.jpg (1600x1067, 223K)

The dash may be nice, but the infotainment screen is fucking AIDS.
Anyone who thinks it's a good idea to remove physical HVAC controls needs to be put in a concentration camp.

so what about ford, where you have physical hvac controls (that are actually fucking awesome) and physical+touch audio controls?

too bad the HVAC will shit out and you'll need a new AC compressor after 100,000km on a fucking Ford

Attached: fj stereo.jpg (1280x960, 514K)

Mixed physical/digital is the way to go. I haven't seen Ford's new interior designs, but nothing can be worse than this piece of shit.

Attached: rubegoldbergmachine.jpg (2927x3400, 1.29M)

No you don't. They are horribly unreliable with age and look tack (most of the flashy ones just being colored overlays over a light). Besides, hardly anyone on here is old enough to remember them when they were new besides maybe seeing them from the backseat of their family car unless you're like 40 years old or something. I love old cars and daily one, but this is something I do not miss, analog gauges are just so much better. New cars technically still have them, except its just a LCD.

I had that dash in my '93 Grand Marquis, loved it when it worked but all the time it'd glitch out and say its -37 when its fucking summer and say i had 999 kms before empty when the gas gauge said i was almost out

Man everyone always busts a nut over these but they look like complete dogshit in real life, kinda sucks that its just colored plastic and the LCDs arent actually that color

Attached: 1482110001801.png (638x299, 259K)

80s Crysler New Yorker

Attached: 22904c053fa7c22b9f09f47611bcd3e7.jpg (1024x768, 197K)

>Chrysler

>I miss digital dashes
as a child of the 80's I do too
they were comfy

Attached: KITT pillow.jpg (875x875, 43K)

C4 interior is fucking retarded. Cant even see the fucking cluster anyway. ever hit your knee on a c4 dash corner when moving it for the 20th day at an autoshop? Fuck those things.

>it has to be more reliable.
Except if an older digital dash shits out, you pull it out and replace it with another unit. Sure, the odometer won't match, but it's no more involved than swapping any other older gauge cluster, sometimes even less so if it's set up to have just one big ol' plug on the back. Plus lots of cars with a digital dash only had it as an option and still had analog gauges available, so you can even go back to those if you want. If your new car's do-everything in-dash infotainment gauge screen takes a shit? Good fucking luck, buddy, here's a $2000 bill for a new unit.

Jesus Christ, where did it all go wrong? The only way I can tell that's a Volvo is the font used for the temperature in the lower left and right because they've used that since the 80s. Can you still aim the heat at your hands and the dashboard at the same time, the thing every other car is apparently missing?

Basically this it's designed to age and not be timeless so normies will buy the facelift model every 2 years

>it'd glitch out and say its -37 when its fucking summer
That could have been just a bad outside temperature sensor, on whale bodies it's a little plug that hangs off the frame in front of the radiator behind the grille and I'd imagine it's around the same spot for the older ones. Obviously not a very good spot for an exposed electrical doodad to be.

>this fucking grand, space fighter vision in their heads as they made these dashes and cockpits in general
>the reality of today

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1920x1080, 149K)

First image - Halo 3, 2007
This image - Halo 4, 2012
Where did it all go so wrong in science fiction, even?

Attached: M12S-Warthog-CST-Interior_WM_FH3.jpg (1920x1080, 191K)

The hard part of science fiction is that it's easy to try to guess what current technology will evolve into, but difficult if not impossible to guess what entirely new creations or methods will be invented instead and possibly overtake whatever we currently know turns into anyway.

>60k miles
Nice

I don't hate it, the only problem is that it takes about 30 seconds for you to be able to change anything while it's booting up.

Just get the climate package (heated wheel) and Volvo on Call (remote start) goy :^)

I mean I know the future & drake song but what the fuck are you saying?

Interesting how they used to be popular in cars. Ever since the euro 4 rules, bikes suddenly got all-digital dashes. Usually the tach was analog. Now even the sub-10k bucks bikes have digital dashes

Attached: 2017-aprilia-rsv4-dash-display.png (1000x562, 281K)

>Door ajar, resume cruise

Attached: 126313882119.gif (500x284, 850K)

Analog tach with digital everything else is the way to go. I hate this new shit where the whole gauge cluster is digital.

Attached: 20161123_235418-1.jpg (2561x1952, 447K)

CBRs are the best bikes hands down. I've owned mine since '05 and had literally no problems in 17k miles

They are. I'm keeping mine till it dies, then buying another one. Might pick up a liter peter instead if the 600, though.

Attached: 1512937322910.jpg (680x671, 68K)

oh hi there

Attached: audi-virtual-cockpit-speedometer.jpg (2784x1856, 226K)

>shitty imitation of an old gauge mounted in a Passat with a body kit
Commit suicide

Imagine a digital dash that displays everything in ASCII graphics

so said the wagecuck

Attached: 1429200745129.jpg (2048x1447, 253K)

Why were they dropped anyway? 90s americuck trucks had them. And even they got rid of them. Theyre not eye raping, nor too complicated. Unlike modern LCD panels which will fuck up your eye sight

1. Cost reduction
2. Overly digital everything was starting to symbolize the excess that plagued the 1980s
3. Most of the time they offered the exact same information as their analog counterparts
4. The 90s "aero" styling didn't mix well with the very angular and square digital gauges.

>Plagued
*Graced

Lmao seriously? I thought these digital dashes were at least OLED and shit to make it look more convincing instead of China-tier TN dogshit.

None of that matters when they looks so good and unique. They couldve made it an option

>so much perforamnce you need 2 buttons dedicated to it

Ayy my 09 Civic has a digital speedometer, gas and temp gauge. Analog tachometer, which makes sense.

the xc90 is a great car though

Civic

Also, Lexus does an awesome half digital half mechanical one where the mechanical mechanism moves to the side. Shits amazing. It's really just the usual retards making shit interiors, like usual

Attached: IMG_20180312_233259.jpg (4640x2610, 1.33M)

they got rid of that sweet two tier dash from the 8th gen. now it’s just a shit on my 18 hatch. probably some focus group bullshit where nor it’s said it was too weird. fuck i hate this car

I always hated the refresh rate on the speedometer of these things