New document signed between Catholics and Orthodox

New document signed between Catholics and Orthodox

>On the significance of appeal to Rome, which Eastern bishops in the early centuries sometimes exercised when local synods ruled against them, and which Western apologists have stressed as proof of papal authority in the early Church, the document is unambiguous: “appeals to the bishop of Rome from the East expressed the communion of the Church, but the bishop of Rome did not exercise canonical authority over the churches of the East.”

>The Chieti document unambiguously rejects this simplification of history. It recognises that even in the West the understanding of Roman primacy was the result of a development of doctrine, particularly from the fourth century, and that this development did not occur in the East: “The primacy of the bishop of Rome among the bishops was gradually interpreted as a prerogative that was his because he was successor of Peter, the first of the apostles. This understanding was not adopted in the East…” The East, in other words, rather than reneging on a common heritage, simply never accepted a development it had not been part of.

catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2016/09/26/the-new-orthodox-catholic-agreement-is-a-landmark-but-theres-a-long-way-to-go/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5bWHSpmXEJs
youtube.com/watch?v=5RmFO-wXTQc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's encouraging. We're gonna need a little more teamwork in order to handle a nuclear-armed ummah.

As a protestant i am against both of these filthy pagan savages doing anything other than getting purged.

>protestant

Heretic pls go

youtube.com/watch?v=5bWHSpmXEJs

Reminder: These Orthodox threads are started by the tripfag tranny known as Constantine (!!m+/90K/qoQS). Constantine is despised for spamming religious threads and being a moron. He has been three different religions in the past 2 years, and was an adult convert to Anglicanism (despite being American) before becoming Orthodox.

This is him/her/it: youtube.com/watch?v=5RmFO-wXTQc

When you reply to these threads, you feed this creature's ego.

T. Heretic

There's not a dime's worth of difference between the two cults. One has one false prophet, the other has ten.

OP: What are you going to do when the pope signs a similar document with some top Imam?

This would've been relevant 500 years ago

>Anglicanism (despite being American)
Episcopalianism is Anglicanism, user.

>the orthodox lunatic
i thought this might be fake considering I've never seen the "tranny" thing substantiated but listening to this person speak it does seem like it could be Constantine.

I've seen a denial, but looking at the thing in the video, I would expect a denial from anyone.

>religious homosexuals who play "le picky choosey" with doctrine, so they can justify cutting off their dicks

Also Constantine, while wearing the tripcode, admitted he/she/it was a recent convert from the Anglican church (despite being American), all of which is confirmed within this things videos.

Constantine has further said, repeatedly, that if they were to reveal their face and voice, they would be harassed off Veeky Forums and his mission to push his Religion of the Week would fail.

Let's just say that the first time I saw "Isaac" I wasn't really shocked.

Constantine's grasp of doctrine is, um, pretty shallow. I wish he/she/whatever would focus less on what team he's on, and more on the trans-formative nature of the Holy Spirit.

There's nobody so good they need not be saved, and nobody so bad they cannot be saved. He would have a pretty powerful testimony if he ever decides to actually be saved, and stop playing team sports with God.

Yea he/she/it is a cold, analytical bitch who has never said one interesting or unique, or heartfelt thing about God or Christ. It's all just shit you can go read in a book. I think if Constantine is not a tranny it might be a robot.

in the video he says he's "ex-trans" because of his faith

The video where he's wearing lipstick?

ye

>denomination that breeds sjws, and atheists
No thank you. Sweden, Czechia, Estonia, Brandenburg, all former bastions of Protestantism and all have record numbers of atheists.

That's a bullshit excuse, considering likewise bastions of Catholicism are just as secularized.

Constantine didn't invent Orthodoxy, and Constantine didn't invent orthodox threads. It sickens me that every thread there's a cunt who tries to shove this faggot in as if he represents anything.

Constantine also said they were raised Sikh, though.

If that "woman" told me she was a Lutheran pastor my first reaction would be to call the cops and report her for impersonating a member of clergy.

Since when is being American and Anglican impossible or contradictory?

But he does represent it. Cuckstantine is the embodiment of le ebin eestern orthoducksy: Choosing a lesser known denomination of something so as to appear wise and unique while at the same time having absolutely no obligation to DO anything about the religion you supposedly adhere to except masturbate about how much you like its aesthetics.

The fact that he believes Yahweh impregnated Mary via celestial anal sex and Mary gave birth to Jesus anally is besides the point.

I think he's referencing how it's Episcopalian unless you live in the UK. Or he could just be referencing the fact that Constantine religion hops to appear trendy and hip.

wanna elaborate on the impregnation of mary, thing?

An American choosing to join the Church of England despite never stepping foot in that country doesn't seem a little odd to you? I can't imagine the mental gymnastics required to make that leap. If I were to join an exotic religion I'd probably go Hindu and worship Saraswati since she is the goddess of art, or maybe I'd worship this teenage girl in my neighborhood who always asks to borrow my drone. Nigga she is PRISTINE.

>implying Protestantism is a single denomination
>being this retarded

But they aren't.

SJW shit is the sole responsability of protestant countries.

What about Canada? We're half catholic, yet one of the most SJW countries.

It's obviously the other half's fault

It was someone pretending to be Constantine, with the wrong tripcode, attempting to make Constantine look bad.

There is no top imam, Islam is a decentralized religion. Maybe someday, when the sunnis or the Shia kill all the other factions, then maybe we will have a top imam or some equivalent to the pope.

Why is that any stranger than an American deciding to join the Church of Rome despite never having set foot in the empire?

Look at the most Catholic part (Quebec) and their tendency to shit on foreigners, Muslims and Jews specifically, and you'll have your answer.

It's Anglican everywhere except the US

Fair point.
And Scotland, and a couple of other places.

>There is no top imam
>what is a grand mufti
>what is an ayatollah

Isn't this a bit of a concession to the Catholic Church? It's basically the Orthodox, or at least Bartholmew's portion of Orthodoxy, admitting that the Catholics advanced in understanding of Scripture while they lagged behind. It's a tacit admission that Catholicism's position is the correct one.

>or at least Bartholmew's portion of Orthodoxy, admitting that the Catholics advanced in understanding of Scripture while they lagged behind
From their perspective, it's the Catholics admitting they innovated while the Orthodox maintain that they held onto the original ways.

Go back to Operatorchan

To the Catholics such a progression is a natural extension of the theology advanced by the church councils.

Theoretically the liberals hope such an agreement on the history will lay groundwork for full communion without forcing either side to change their organizational structure to confirm to the other.

conform*