Please Veeky Forums talk me out of buying a mini. They have the best gas consumption in my country and they are turbo

Please Veeky Forums talk me out of buying a mini. They have the best gas consumption in my country and they are turbo.

Attached: used-2018-mini-cooper_s_countryman-all4-8441-16704798-4-1024.jpg (1024x682, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ecovehiculos.gob.mx/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

where the fuck do you live that 26mpg is the highest available mpg car?

List everything you desire from the Mini.

it's a british bmw, except less reliable, and wrong wheel drive.

This.
And why is there a Mini dealer in this country?

I live in mexico, most engines are 1.6 and mini is 1.3 turbo so it saves gas.

OP here.
1. Turbo engine
2. best gas performance according to ecovehiculos.gob.mx/
3. Design
4. small car
5. hot hatch
6. security
7. includes 3 years or 60,000 km of service.
8. it's a BMW
9. Warranty.
10. Reliability

1. Turbo engine
>common
2. best gas performance according to ecovehiculos.gob.mx/
>bias
3. Design
>bias
4. small car
>bias depending on region
5. hot hatch
6. security
7. includes 3 years or 60,000 km of service.
>nothing special
8. it's a BMW
>this is not a good thing
9. Warranty.
>you mentioned that aleady
10. Reliability
>Nope

Mini is not a reliable brand
But if you like it then why ask us?

I know i post this in every mini thread, but mini coopers are the most fun car I have ever driven in my life. Better than F-type. Its a go-kart for the streets.

That said, anything less than a 2dr cooper S or its JCW brother is not worth it.

Are you a rich 40-something stay at home mom with 1 kid? Or a rich retire 50-60 something woman?

Your idea of what Mini represents is way off base, as others have pointed out. You want the car because you want the car--it isn't rational.

That's OK. So get the car.

You will NOT save money by buying a Mini, they only take premium fuel anyway. Fun to drive but not fun to own.

Just get a 1 Series if you really want a MINI.

They are so fucking niggerish and look fucking horrible.

Get a proper car you pussy

>Get a proper car
What do you recommend man?

They are poorly made. Buddy's girlfriend has a 2010, car died last week on the highway and they towed it to the mechanic. Ended up having a cracked block with only 70k km and regular maintenance.

It's germen
Unreliable
Hard to work on
Fwd
Heavy
Mainly driven by womens

>1. Turbo engine
Doesn't matter
>2. best gas performance according to ecovehiculos.gob.mx/
This car get's 26mpg, that's no where near best. Kia, Mazda, VW, Mercedes, Nissan, Ford, BMW and Honda vehicles offer better, 25+
>3. Design
Okay
>4. small car
See vehicles from brands listed above
>5. hot hatch
See vehicles from Ford, Hyundai, Kia, BMW, VW & Mercedes
>6. security
Not great crash test results
>7. includes 3 years or 60,000 km of service.
That's not good, and you can service most vehicles cheaply at shops
>8. it's a BMW
It's a terrible British front wheel drive vehicle that just so happens to be manufactured by a brand owned by BMW
>9. Warranty.
Awful warranty compared to German and Korean brands
>10. Reliability
Mini is one of the least reliable brands period

You sound like you know nothing about cars.

Attached: chlow.jpg (600x962, 62K)

>be mexican
>websites literally have .gob in them to remind you that you're a beaner goblin

soon

Attached: mexican_vodka_ad.jpg (360x235, 48K)

Engine size != Efficiency

A Mitsubishi Mirage with a 1.3L, naturally aspirated, will squeeze out 50mpg. Twice that of the Mini at half the price to boot. To top. It off the shitbox Mirage is more reliable than the German / British half-breed that is the modern Mini.

I owned a 2009 Cooper S that I bought brand new, custom spec'd exactly the way I wanted it from the factory. It was British Racing Green, barely any options. I had to drive 160 miles to the closest dealership to pick her up. Driving it was the most fun I've ever had in a car with my pants still on.

BUT.

It was the most unreliable piece of shit I've ever owned, and I used to own a Pontiac Grand Am. I ended up trading it in just a few days before the warranty expired, and as sad as that made me, it was the smarted decision I had ever made regarding that car. In my 4 years of ownership, I had to have it towed 160 miles to the dealership for repair 3 times. Faulty sensors completely shut the car down multiple times. The windows would randomly roll themselves down even when the car was parked and off. The windshield wipers stopped working. The rear defroster died. It started leaking coolant due to the water pump cracking. It started to drink oil like a fat kid drinks soda. All this within 40k miles. It broke my heart, it really did.

The salesman that I traded it in to loved it, he drove it around several times after my deal was done. I talked him out of buying it for himself. He kept in touch with the woman that eventually bought it off of them, and according to him, something big blew up on her a few months later, which ended up costing her several thousand dollars in repairs.

No. Don't fucking buy a MINI, unless you're a sadist, or a Brit with an Engineering degree, a fully stocked garage, and a lot of free time.

Don't think that's right, a bigger naturally apsirated engine should consume less than a smaller turbo especially on longer trips. Turbo might also show problems earlier on with bad maintenance.

Attached: garrett-gt3788r-twinscroll-turbo-2-1(1).jpg (450x450, 18K)

There are probably better options than a used mini with a bmw engine out there, that will serve you better with less headaches later on. But at the end of day it's you choice to make.

Attached: received_1789852431038972.jpg (326x326, 14K)

Turbos doesn't save gas you dummy. Only chance to get said mpg is grannyshifting and keeping it at low rpm. In other words: not using the tarbo.