No Bike? Start here:

Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

A2 bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Here's some helmet crash safety info:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

Attached: 1520942198959.jpg (2144x1424, 808K)

Other urls found in this thread:

avto.net/Ads/details.asp?id=12916513
youtu.be/QE_rWlay3Yo?t=2m23s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looking to buy a supermoto, will be my first bike. Been researching the wr250 and drz400sm a little bit. What's a good choice? Any tips for buying/learning?

What was Yamaha thinking?

Attached: img.jpg (840x560, 86K)

they tend to be overpriced

just sayin

"hey lets see if this sells" basically

>"blocks your line"

Attached: 1492747444233.jpg (960x1280, 455K)

KTM 525 EXC, senpai, just do the oil changes regularly and you're good. Or a LC4 supermoto if you don't like maintenance

>KTM 525 EXC
>just do the oil changes regularly
you mean every 15 hours? And checking Valves every 30? Engine checkup/potential rebuilt every 5000km?

using those things on the street is dumb af

>tfw 5 /dbt/s behind and trying to catch up

Attached: 1512421781990.jpg (624x352, 37K)

Those are race intervals senpai, for moderate street riding you can do valve checks every 100 hours and go like 20000 km before a top end rebuild. That's assuming you don't rev the shit out of shit all the time, but even "reliable" Japanese bikes will have much shorter maintenance intervals with that kind of abuse.

wr 125

Attached: wrcuck.jpg (750x1000, 64K)

>WR250 vs DRZ400

You have no idea about the shitstorm that is about to unfold.

what the FUCK??

My dog does not fit on the back of my bike.

Getting a sidecar so I can ride around places with my dog is a good enough excuse to get a sidecar right?

Pic related, my dog.

Attached: IMG_0368 - Copy.jpg (3264x2448, 2.56M)

you're dog is trisomy 21

>36
>Never ripped the throttle on a two smoke sportsbike
Can someone describe the experience flamboyantly please?

I guess you're american from asking about the drz400. You guys didn't get the XT660, did you? Bit did you get the KTM LC4 bikes like another user mentioned. Also, Husqvarna made some motards.

You should also consider that those bikes demand to be more looked after. If you want to avoid any serious breakdown.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (so much smoke) BZZZZZZZZZZZ BWOOOOOO (oh shit, I'm in the wrong gear) BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (holy shit, this feels like a mountain bike) BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (my ears hurt) BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The correct answer is to buy whichever one you get a better deal on which will probably be a DRZ. Beyond that:
Get the WR if you plan on spending lots of time on the highway or plan on many elevation changes, otherwise just get the DRZ.

Or just skip all the bullshit and get a KTM 690/Husky 701.

Attached: IMG_20170330_115801.jpg (4640x3480, 2.64M)

your Dog seems to have homosexual tendencies.

get a cat instead.

Attached: 1498376869161.webm (400x400, 1.96M)

Would a 690/701 even make a good first bike?

I mean, I don't know how much a tourqey 10 000€ thumper is good for a 20-25 guy. His money I guess.

They're not crazy, and the SMC's are getting kinda rare but you can pick them up for about $6000.

If he has the money, I think it would. Otherwise I'd suggest the old 640 LC4

Cat would run away though

Attached: IMG_0385 - Copy.jpg (3264x2448, 1.64M)

Did the US ever get the 690 SM model?
avto.net/Ads/details.asp?id=12916513

Just skip to this one. Only relevant thing that happened recently was that soylent hog guy.

Post more dogger pls

Attached: 1521365733568.jpg (447x471, 37K)

That's the SMR, which we got for some number of years, I forget when.
The SMC that followed it we had from 2008-2010, then we only got the Duke and Enduro until 2016 when the 701 SM came out.

>that front fender though

Attached: il_570xN.1292444177_ms9m[1].jpg (570x753, 45K)

Is "Supermoto" just dirt bikes with street tires?

yes
AKA a meme

What the fuck is a meme then if sumos are the fastest around a go cart track?

Lowsided my bike in the ice because I'm a moron.
It was at snail speeds so no harm to myself, only real damage is the real break plunger came loose from its rubber area, so no rear break

Easy fix at home? Or Am I gonna have to limp it to a garage?

Attached: 20180318_093145.jpg (4032x3024, 3.09M)

Attached: IMG_20180318_082945.jpg (750x1000, 146K)

>a go cart track

>tfw no husky 701

Motards were a French invention to cope with licensing laws and being poor
Because to be fast with a sumo you need to know how to drag rear, which most fuccbois won't learn and outside of really tight turns they get their shit pushed in by nakeds

done

Attached: IMG_0370 - Copy.jpg (3264x2448, 1.89M)

Supermoto sounds fun if you own other bikes.

Do you really have to ride around in ice?

>nakeds are faster then sumo on anything but really tight turns

Tfw chose a naked over sumo

Attached: 7F747632-50A7-4463-AED7-E3D4052553E5.jpg (512x288, 30K)

How come no motorcycle manufacturer has made an engine with 6 valves per cylinder?

Attached: 1521278493918.jpg (400x432, 60K)

Lmao how are nakeds fast? They have cheap suspension, bad ground clearance, and weigh much more than supermotos, and they're also slower than sportbikes. Sportbikes are the fastest on tracks with gentler curves and straights while supermotos are the fastest on really tight twisty tracks, nakeds don't really excel anywhere.

Is tru tho
Sportbike > nekkid > sumo
Each is meant for different speeds

T-they look cool at least...

I was attempting to crawl a mile and a half home. Leaving her unattended at work for a few days didn't sound good to me.
Needless to say I regret my decision

motards rhymes with retards
COINCIDENCE???

>Sportbike > nekkid > sumo

Can someone tell me what each turn radius this is like how they say in rallying?

user...

Nakeds and standards ironically have the tightest standing turning circle
If you mean in a race, that's entirely dependent on the rider
In gymkhana they tend to use nakeds or streetfighters to run wide bars and thick, sticky tires

Hype. Remember Qatar last season? I hope Zarco does better this year.

Been looking at the husky 701, and am getting really interested in it. But it seems like there aren't a lot in the US. Does that make them hard/expensive to work on and maintain?

when does it start? hour and a half?

After lunch

Attached: pepet.jpg (306x306, 20K)

:^)
Thanks berlusconi for making MotoGP free

What's considered the best 125cc motos ?

youtu.be/QE_rWlay3Yo?t=2m23s

brb financing a H2

Depends what you're looking for but RS125 or Varadero imo.

why would you need a pressure gauge on a supercharger?

Who else /abouttogoride/?

Attached: image.jpg (1709x1275, 559K)

the Rs125 (the old 30HP version) is probably the best obtainable street legal 125.

How do I obtain a 99 Kawasaki ninja 250? It's so cute

You know they're exactly the same from 1988-2007, right?

>want a bike
>dad ‘convinced’ me to get a cager first
>get a used supermini cager
>sink my money on maintenance and parts
>don’t have enough money for a bike anymore

kill me lads

How do I obtain a Kawasaki ninja 250 produced between 1988-2007, presumably inclusive? They're so cute

Find someone who has one that wants to trade it for money, goods, or services

You... buy one?
Same way you buy any other vehicle, craigslist.
Don't pay over $1500.

$20

For the intake?

>not riding and shitposting simultaneously

my first season getting closer

Attached: omfg.png (597x103, 5K)

nakeds have way better ergonomics than sportbikes and supermotos
>inb4 you tell me about your subjective snowflake story on your supermoto
that's cool and all but not for the majority of people that decided to buy a naked instead of a supermoto

You're retarded if you think it's possible to have better ergos than a supermoto.
A possibly more comfortable seat =/= better ergos.

no u

Nakeds are as fast as superbikes everywhere but on tracks ridden by pros.

>bad ground clearance

excuse me what?

I went for a little cruise yesterday to a pawn shop in another city. Today's plan is to go to a gun store. Fuck I hate spending money, why can't I get over that?

>Let's try and get this approved for B license holders so we can get more stupid cagers to ride
Trying to broaden sales demographics always ends up in putrid shit

Attached: stahp.jpg (1280x974, 304K)

Not him, but you definitely can't lean nearly as far on a naked because the pegs are lower. Doesn't matter 90% of the time, but it's true.

bolice application?

Attached: 1508378308991.gif (238x190, 1M)

Right, but that has nothing to do with speed. Anywhere a naked bike is faster than a supermoto, a sportbike is faster than a naked.
Low footpegs.

Guess I'll be on the lookout

supermotos are converted dirtbikes and you were never meant to sit down on them for the majority of time.

cruisers, scooters, nakeds >>>> supermoto

thats a stupid generalization the pegs on a S1000R are hardly any lower than on a S1000RR for example, most Brutales got them very high as well.

and the only place it matters is once again track when ridden at the absolute limit.

could you be any more of a benchracer?

What gun would pair well with my bike?

Attached: IMAG0539.jpg (2688x1520, 2.98M)

They might have been made for dirt, but with diferent wheels, tires and harder suspension they will BTFO any other bike on a twisty track. Light weight combined with a upright sitting position that allows you the most control is the ultimate weapon for cornering.

>Anywhere a naked bike is faster than a supermoto, a sportbike is faster than a naked.
yeah and now?
what's your fucking point?
this

>continuing to be retarded
You're literally saying that the whole subsection of motorcycles is not ergonomic because some of them have skinny seats, which is just wrong.

>cherry picking exotics
>thinking you can only scrape peg at the track
I used to scrape the pegs on my SV650 on the street constantly, and my buddy did the same on his Z1000 until he put rearsets on it.

I'm going to sell my bike next week bros.
I finally realized after riding my pos R3 for 2 years and then trying my friends Daytona 675R, that I don't care about going fast and I just want to be comfy and never get off the bike because my ass hurts.
Thinking of getting an Africa Twin near the end of the year.

Could you be any more of a soyboy?
>yeah and now?
>what's your fucking point?
That they're faster, which was the whole point of the discussion. You should try reading what we're talking about before posting.

"The question is not who will let us, but who will stop us."
Looks like a gaudy toy, but I'm sure as shit going to try one when I get the chance.

the only place sumos are unbeatable are go kart tracks, stop this nonsense.

Fact is nobody on this board is on the skill level where the type of bike would be the deciding factor when it comes to being fast.

A 690, 600 Gixxer or Z900, its all the same on an average road.

go back to your cave baird

didn't say anything about cornering why are you getting upset over nothing

also good for you that supermotos are superb at go kart tracks but lack everywhere else. not good for street riding, not good for real track riding, not good for dirt rding. the shittiest of all worlds.

nerf disruptor

>I used to scrape the pegs on my SV650 on the street constantly,

and i bet you think that means you were fast.

sporterized enfield

Nope, not at all, it means the pegs are low, meaning the ground clearance is bad, which was my point to begin with.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!