RWB or SINGER

nakai vs dickinson

choose carefully

Attached: RWBvsSINGER.jpg (783x1043, 216K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/this-tiny-vermont-shop-is-the-singer-of-classic-range-r-1822519731
liliputing.com/2017/09/really-retro-thinkpad-x62-t70-mods-put-modern-specs-old-laptop-cases.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Which ever one doesn't use wood screws and shoddy welding to hold the car together.

Literal noskills meme fuckboy or talented restomodder?
Tough choice

Singer, because I typically appreciate classics in a classic condition, not outrageously modified

I think the people have spoken.

Attached: 0010-1353999190740.jpg (1920x1440, 351K)

Eh it depends on how hard I want to stunt desu. Obviously the RWB has a bigger visual impact.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

check em

RWB, Singers are all ugly hipster garbage. I can just get the RWB built how I want mechanically. RWB has been building cars longer too.

I'd take RUF over both.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (800x1066, 117K)

My own style because fuck a click.

how about neither because I'm not a fucking homo

leave the poor 964s alone (unless you're RUF)

Attached: 964_RS.jpg (1800x1200, 690K)

>I can just get the RWB built how I want mechanically
>body kit
>mechanically

Some shit tier bait.

>no brand new 2018 RUF SCR

Attached: RufSCR.jpg (2700x1800, 3.39M)

>If you get a bodykit you can't do performance mods

???

Should we start reporting this pasta?

>comparing a guy who strictly does bodywork and charges $30k vs an entire shop that rebuilds an entire 911 for $300k

Apples to Oranges.

Yes, mightybenz is okay

Except in this case the apples are rotten garbage

the point.

your head.

RWB and Singer are in totally different price points and have different customers.

Singer and RUF would be a better comparison but even then RUF has been in the game for so long that I'm not even sure it's fair.

I like *some* cars by RWB even though I wouldn't ever give Nakai money myself. Life isn't as black and white as you think user.

Attached: RWB 993 RS.jpg (640x480, 151K)

It’s like comparing AMG to my cousin cletus who chops the muffler and cats off of his friends’ trucks. Yeah sure apples and oranges but one is a legit tuner and the other is a retard with no skills. I guess people giving him money legitimizes his operation but it doesn’t make it any more respectable.

and that is your opinion.

Attached: RWB-964-blakejones-speedhunters-5.jpg (1920x1280, 1.54M)

Rice or restomod? Gee I wonder

>world famous builder
>He has no skill because I'm a contrarian faggot and I saw him featured on speed hunters
You're a joke kid

>no brand new 2018 RUF SCR
you better delet that post

this, but also neither, because i hate german cars

Nigger, how is this even a question?

RUF>Singer>>>>>>>>>>a train wreck>RWB

im not falling for your tricks satan quads, il just get a replica gt2 kit

Now that singer and williams have developed that frankly incredible air cooled flat 6 in conjunction with classic looks and extreme build quality, im not really sure this is a question for people above 12 years old

Attached: Singer-X-Williams-500-HP-Air-Cooled-Engine-00.jpg (1087x725, 140K)

duh see this post

singer are just boomer rwb are just rice porsche

IT WOULD BE A SHAME IF SOMETHING HAPPENED TO YOUR FENDERS

I had to have a reason to post pics of that glorious powerplant so I went for it. Nobody had mentioned it yet so....

Attached: singerwilliams-engine_c_assembly_2048px-online.jpg (2400x1600, 252K)

those look like autozone wheels, way too big and out of place

Attached: 5CBD932A-321E-4200-8641-9132C96A00AF.gif (200x270, 819K)

9ff for muh nuke spooly spooly. Otherwise singer because that restomodded 500 hp air cooled engine seems amazing

>Click

Both are shit because Porsche

No, report the tripfags shitting up the board. Heartbreaker especially.

report tripfags

Singer, the rest are trolls. This is not a matter of opinion.

Attached: 1464295652394.png (203x215, 3K)

this might sound retarded but I'm okay with being called a retard if I get a real explanation. Why are aircooled engines considered so much more desirable than watercooled ones? Seems like aircooling is underwhelming compared to a proper coolant circuit.

Attached: 1519893784024.jpg (394x394, 20K)

One's too pretentious and the other is too extreme on the car.
Eh, I guess I'll take rwb as a weekend/trackday warrior after changing some stuff the alcoholic chain smoker did.

Because porsche elitists love "muh aircooled engines"
Singer is really just pandering to those people.

a little less weight
less rust and corrosion
stronger head gaskets
fewer leaks
no worry about frozen or boiling coolant

>underwhelming
well yea an oil cooler helps
some later Porsche have water cooled heads

>Because porsche elitists love "muh aircooled engines"
Yes but is there an actual reason? I keep searching and nothing but "muh feels" comes up. Also wouldn't an aircooled engine shit itself running in hot weather? Could it withstand a day of highway speed at 38°C ?

Purism and nostalgia

I think it's somewhat linked to the fact that the 993 was the last true 911 because it had the original windshield and the aircooled engine. It's just a boomer thing. Old people clinging to the "they dun mak'em like the they used to", thing.

Singer.
I absolutely fucking love the approach with which they modify the cars. I'm not necessarily a Porsche fan but fuck me I've seen one in person and they're absolutely mouth-watering.
Wished more companies started doing the same with other things.
Get something classic, use the 50 years of combined humanity's knowledge and experience with new materials and manufacturing methods and just crank up the quality of the original to mindmelting levels.

I'd love to have a singer triumph bonneville, singer fulvia or singer type-e
Hell I'd suck a cock for the opportunity to have a singer IBM Thinkpad X60 too.

It really isn't, I loathe Singer.

Alfaholics

Attached: 1546304439_5534210728001_5534192310001-vs[1].jpg (1280x720, 121K)

And there's Eagle for the E-Type. Still fuck Singer and their awful hipster shit.

Attached: original.jpg (1200x630, 156K)

>wished more companies made $300k+ bespoke cars.

I mean there are already a few like the other anons stated but this shit is a lot of hard work and dedication, also you need to make sure you have a customer base.

There is also company that does something similar for Range Rover's

jalopnik.com/this-tiny-vermont-shop-is-the-singer-of-classic-range-r-1822519731

>Each Congleton Certified Range Rover takes a year to complete. The base price is $185,000. You supply your own Range Rover, but only if it passes Congleton’s unerring gaze. He aims to build three or four per year, and he is booked up for the next three years.

Attached: silk9posiqe19ohigewb.jpg (2400x1600, 1.13M)

RWB because I like outrageously modified cars and I hate porsche purists

>$300k+ bespoke cars.
>but this shit is a lot of hard work and dedication, also you need to make sure you have a customer base.
Well the price is an issue for sure but at least someone ready to shell out this amount knows that money went to someone that deeply cares about what they do. And you're absolutely certain you didn't pay some stupid fucking apple tax and premium paintjob with a clapped out ford mondeo underneath the bonnet.

Lovely Range Rover though.

RUF!

zero tolerance for tripfags

You can always put some nice BBS or HRE on them

>singer IBM Thinkpad X60 too.

Got you senpai

liliputing.com/2017/09/really-retro-thinkpad-x62-t70-mods-put-modern-specs-old-laptop-cases.html

The answer is always RUF

Attached: 1521210756404.jpg (1440x960, 1.22M)

thats just putting new components in an old shell. A sleeper. And I wouldn't call singer a sleeper.
The product I imagined when I typed "singer x60" went something along the lines of a shell made of carbon-fiber reinforced polymers (hot shit in the world of power tools) in precisely the same shape and dimensions as the old one, covered in that thinkpad rubber coating to hide the new material
a carbon fiber frame in place of magnesium roll cage to keep it rigid as FUARK but decrease the weight.
keyboard with the clitmouse but the aluminum backplate replaced with carbon fibers to again make it rigid as FUARK and not flex.

Then come the modern components in the form of a high end mobile chipset with a proper fucking cooling solution so it stays as quiet as possible.
And at the end - hueg batteries (external slice and internal for hotswaps) that allow me to get 24h of work time.
A gentoo machine to make rms proud

Attached: 1445015056123.jpg (853x543, 56K)

Fucking hell user censor that shit, this is a blue board

Alois Ruf.

Attached: CTR.jpg (1920x1200, 1.14M)

Neither.. wide rear ends are shitty for road cars.

I like my cars like i like my women. Narrow.

New cars are all pigfat btw.

Attached: zupprokx8.jpg (1600x1067, 189K)

how do you like your sex?

RUF

Attached: 2000_Ruf_RGT1.jpg (1024x683, 148K)

How can one manufacturer be this based

Attached: 2017-Ruf-CTR-front-three-quarter-04.jpg (2048x1360, 2.6M)

Yeah boi. Ruf > Singer. Rufs don't have the retarded price tag and they are more aesthetic than pretentious restomod builds.

Attached: 01-2018-ruf-scr-geneva-1.jpg (2500x1406, 1.38M)

>Rufs don't have the retarded price tag

>Only 30 copies will be made with an estimated price of 750,000 Euro or approximately $793,000. According to Road and Track, RUF is recognized as an automaker by both the NHTSA and EPA, so there is a good chance that a few example of the new CTR will end up in the States.
>$793,000

> Singer Vehicle Design's basic restoration services begin at $395,000 but average $600,000.

Boy you are retarded. RUF is a small manufacturer. Singer only does custom high end restorations, how are they comparable at all?

the amount of stupid underage children on this board is truly horrid.

Attached: RUF-CTR-2-1068x712.jpg (1068x712, 181K)

No fucking shit the 2017 yellowbird is expensive as fuck. The regular models did not milk you of your account as much as a singer. Especially the non crazy ones with 400+ bhp, you reddit spacing pretentious dumbass.

Attached: 2006_Ruf_RGT_RS__based_on_Porsche_911_996_turbo__004_6968.jpg (800x600, 185K)

I don't know anything about reddit spacing but Im glad you do. Don't be mad at me because I proved you wrong.

>All rufs are expensive as fuck because one limited production build from the gound up as an homage car costs 800 grand
This is your argument dumbass.

excuse me, are you trying to say any car over $100k isn't expensive? I love RUF's, Singer's, Porsche's and bunch of other types of cars but anything over 6 figures for a car is expensive, buddy.

that 2006 RGT RS you posted sold for over $200k when it was released

Attached: RUF CTR2.jpg (3264x2448, 2.33M)

It's an entirely new carbon unibody, with pushrod suspension and all sorts of other new developments.
The engine is still Porsche based though, unline the 997 and 991 based RUFs which have a bespoke NA V8

Attached: RUF-CTR-2017.jpg (1067x600, 55K)

also all RUF's are limited production. They aren't a giant manufacturer

Attached: rugctr2.jpg (1600x1284, 168K)

>buy singer
>have Nakai do his thing to it
>have everyone hate

i like when top gear said that the singer 911 was like a love letter to a car

rwb is like taking that car and making it the center of a fetish novel

what

one is sweet words and carressing, the other is using whips and pissing on feet

Attached: singerwilliams-engine-d-assembly-2048px-online-2.jpg (2048x1152, 444K)

>ugly

Attached: look whos talking.jpg (800x450, 86K)

what

Attached: _.jpg (999x1332, 475K)

Singers are all ugly.

>hipsters that don't know how to work on cars posing
>a guy quick fixing a racing exhaust on his own race car

kek

Attached: 8e7a67cde0a9137f83d48d3d95c6b712.jpg (720x404, 188K)

>posing
>quick fixing
you mean building

Actually one of them is posing for his movie and the others are on their work hours. But you can still be buthurt.

Kids mad at facts. Singer are a bunch of pretentious posers.That RWB car had been built long before the movie. Can't expect people not into cars to know these things but please cure your ignorance before posting.

Probably a tie between the new Williams Singer or a RUF CTR, RWB has too much of a whiff of hypebeast fuckboi for my tastes even though I do like certain kits from time to time.

>dick
>in
>son
My vote goes to RUF

Also, who wants to start a singer-esque company for E30s with me?

>That RWB car had been built long before the movie
>Can't expect people not into cars to know these things
y-yeah..

Ayy, stay mad. Funny to see you guys mad at his success.

It isn't funny how delusional you people are. I don't care for any of these people, nor their cars. It's just a personal preference. They are different cars built for different purposes and comparing them is useless.

>he doesn't use the 2013 platinum edition of safety squints when welding
lamooooo enjoy your shitty mask

Your post is like completely irrelevant. It's still funny to see people mad at Nakai's success after all these years. They STILL post the same image that is literally years old.

I'm not op so don't go ranting off on me anyway.

>Also, who wants to start a singer-esque company for E30s with me?
But only poor people are excited about BMWs, how on earth are they going to be able to afford a singer-like one?

People already want near 6 digits for a fucking E30 M3 anyway. A slow ass 4 cylinder shitbox with flares.

>Your post is like completely irrelevant
Otherwise you wouldn't be delusional. I made fun of some guy's response and said that I don't care about all this stuff. Yet he keep ranting about it.

I don't think you even know the words you're using lol

Are you saying that you don't understand why are they so expensive?

When I can get any newer and better M3 for less it's a bit mind boggling. E30 has to be THE most overrated car in existence.

Ouch, stop being so mean.

>it's a bit mind boggling
It's just that you are dumb. That's all.