Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/dark-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/skaven-army-roster/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread: Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

I hope stuff gets better this week

WOOD
ELF
TENGA

Why does the religious tech branch for the Romans in Attila get rid of their pre-existing technology and infrastructure?

Does CA seriously think the cause of the dark ages was the propagation of Christianity?

Empire

Karl is being chased around the map in the razed Kislev wasteland by Archaon's dick knights

>have halberd units
>they get blown up by cannons
>90% chaos knight army steamrolls everything

Wasn't anticipating this I guess I'm just leaving those 3 provinces and hiding behind a wall.

Ahhh, /twg/, the eternal general...

Do people think colonistion should cost you soldiers, does GCCM mods give tier 0 settlements unique maps?
Nice image OP

Soon.

If you think CA would ignore a creative goldmine, then yes. Cathay will be critical towards marketing the game, Ind and Nippon will be their source of sweet sweet DLC bucks. They've already shown their willingness to go outside the lore and also to morph geography to suit their needs. They have little reason not to include Cathay and very good reasons for why they should be included.

How on earth is the TT relevant here?

Skaven = Reddit
Dark Elves = Tumblr SJW
Lizardmen = Facebook Normies

High Elves = Glorious Veeky Forums Chads

>Cathay will be critical towards marketing the game
>Ind and Nippon will be their source of sweet sweet DLC bucks
No and No

Vampires?

I've got a nice African murder tapestry to show you guys later. Was Honorious vs an African warlord and slightly outnumbered and miss micro'd (forgetting to put troops into testudo) and lots of hot cav on cav action. Neat lost the battle due to their ranged support destroying my troops by hitting their back. Mobile testudo is kinda shit but would have been fantastic to have as I manuever my troops around.

Not that user but stop huffing glue. Cathay, Ind, and Nippon have ZERO chance of appearing

aside from TW players, the other huge portion of the fanbase is warhammer neckbeards that played the TT

are you actually dumb and don't know this? do you think normies care about this game? it's not THAT popular

why the fuck dwarfs don't use polearms or halberd ? Are they retarded ?

In answer to the previous thread, this is one example of unique models being added in. Why do anons like Apollo not want to share their secrets? Also, does anyone know what ENB/FX he appears to be using in the screenshots? (I hate when modders don't state this clearly).

They'll be fantasy equivalent of 'Sagas', or be like the upcoming dlc for rome 2

i can't imagine how delusional you have to be to think tabletop players make up even a large minority of TWWH1 players

Generally, yes.

Man, dwarf troops with halbred would be OP as shit. Anti large, armored, armor piercing..

>Get rid of their good shit
>They are now worse than Barbara
Never ceases to amaze me they still stuck with it.

THAT I can see happening though it's still doubtful

do you ever venture outside this general? take a look at the various forums, the TT is heavily referenced ind discussions

either way I think this convo is finished, you are fairly dumb and I need to go practice my art

If you colonize a ruin it already costs soldiers.

What's the unique model? Just looks like texture work to me.

to the north-west, our Nord allies have been busy it seems

we push our northern army further to the coast in hope of profiting from the war raging over there, picking up additional troops on the way

the ai has learn how to corner camp
I know it does but SHOULD IT

In this battle, my Eternal Gourds had really no issue keeping the Greatswords at bay. Reminded me of how Greatswords could really use a buff, would you agree?

It should cost growth from an adjacent province you control OR soldiers

crops gotta be tilled and houses lived in

>those traits
the perfect ally

Rock the... boat?

Yes. I get that it doesn't make a fantastic amount of sense, but there needs to be a means in the gameplay to prevent a single army from sweeping through a region of the map behind chaos/beastmen and colonize everything without a considerable cost. In this case, the cost is leaving yourself in a very vulnerable position, and it becomes important to secure the area before settling in.

It kind of makes sense because that's, historically, what many armies actually did. Sure they would have attracted emigrants, but Alexander the Great for example left behind Macedonian settlers all over his Empire - who later went on to become the ruling Graeco-Macedonian elites.

What a fucking bootlicker

is that arrow missing its texture?

Looks like it was added in MSpaint

>shoot archers with your archers in Attila
>nothing happens

Taking rock paper scissors to a whole new level

It does kinda make sense as the romans would get men to garrison new border towns when they retired, this was a whole subplot in HBO rome

this is why loose formation was a mistake

busy and successful, looks like we'll have to kick some Aldmeri ass rather than organize an expedition into Redguard lands

I JUST WANT TO PLAY IT NOW

I sure hope the sagas game gives us supply lines, so it's something besdies attrition to represent soldiers dying, retiring.
It was either ck2 or M&B where veterans would come to your aid if there was a rebel uprsing

forgot pic

>not playing with 40 limit armies
I've been posting like 3 campaigns with this on if you focused on stuff other than shitposting

Archers are for shooting horses with flaming arrows or whistling shot to morale break. Heavy shot is pretty weak. Standard shot is garbage.

G O B L I N S

>he's not an eceleb/gayming (((journalist)))
lmaoing at you're life senpai

eternal guard are hands down the best t1 unit even without shields. Armor piercing, anti-large and they can be buffed so hard in a campaign that they can trade with chosen.
But ye greatswords arent that great for an elite infantry unit.

like the gobbo version of that vikings webm

>Vlad styles himself elector count of slyvania

LOVE ETERNAL!

Yeah, they're ridiculously resilient tarpits for how much they cost. Won't neccesarily win fights by themselves but they can brick-wall pretty much any other infantry unit long enough for support.

requesting qt dreadfu art

what mod?
>playing above 1920x1080
wew lad

So why is it that the grand strategy portion of Total War games suchs so much these days?

Two thing s really nail it I think. First is the retarded army limit where you have to recruit generals to lead armies. I mean it makers sense in some ways but since you can't send out reinforcements to armies, it just slows the game down.

Then there's the stripped down building trains and fixed slots, fixed garrisons, and such. This is just straight up ass in my opinion. It takes any management and empire-building out, and boils it all down to this dumb puzzle about which slot to put which building in for optimal efficiency.

I mean I understand a game like Warhammer is about WAR, not detailed management, but it's still just a fucking mess, and it's unforgiveable in the historical ones. The campaign sucks because you have no flexibility. You spend two hundred turns turtling until Chaos wipes everything esle out then you win. If you try anything else you lose because there is no adaptability, no room for actual strategy. It's just a case of exploiting the mechanics.

So. Are there any mods that specifically address this?

more than 2 player campaign mode when?
C'mon CA Endless Legend did this, you can do this too

>not playing with 40 limit armies

I've been posting like 3 campaigns with this on if you focused on stuff other than shitposting

if dwarfs weren't so traditionalist they'd be the most advanced race on the planet

The more you've played of the series you more you'll realise it's stuck between a rock and a hard place. Every change they made was in response to something else in the game going wrong or not functioning as intended or being downright dumb.

>denying skaven achievements
FUCKING RACISTS

get out meh swamp

I'm pretty fucking sure that guy meant more than stacks of doom only
Like having multiple armies, breaking off armies and recombining them later, managing garrisons to upgrade them manually, what buildings you pick actually having an impact etc.

40 limit just caters to the Battle side of the game, which seems to be massively in favour of getting all the development budget.

Based Goblins poster

who started this shit?

Meh, after norsca anything can happen

Did you just do this, I remember recquesing it a few threads back

does anyone else here really just let out a good laugh at the "based x poster" and "dumb x poster" posts i can't help it whenever i see these posts haha

Like Fucking clockwork

did it a week ago or so after a request, just done a got one so gave it a shot.

I believe the idea is that all their hand weapons are tool-like.
Axes, Hammers, Crossbows; regular tools any Dwarf would be familiar with.

It is now September, and the return of the true Phoenix King is nigh. All across Naggaroth the legions of the Witch King beckon to their sovereigns summons.

Surveying his skin cloth campaign map for the last time, Malekith knows to be ever weary of the roving tribes in the north; and also not to be ignorant of any ambitious dreadlords.
Word has reached him that his mother has marched south without order, it is of little consequence, though the rumour that she has resurrected her cult of pleasure is troubling.

On Ulthuan his spies report that Tyrion is engaged with another cult, taking advantage of the conflict could allow the Witch King to establish another foothold on Ulthuan.

Further south where the shifting sands of Araby blow, it has been reported that the servile men of the Asrai have conquered swathes of land, the riches of this land could well aid Malekiths coffers if he chose to wrest it from them. Though another rumour, perhaps untrue, but not worth ignoring is that a hold of the ratmen is situated somewhere in this land.

Finally from out of the land of Lustria little has been heard, the most valuable pieces of information being that a notable lord of the lizardmen is currently fighting human settlers by himself, it could be advantageous to eliminate such an opponent as swiftly as possible. As for the other piece of information, it has been heard that the whoreson Teclis is leading an expedition on the southernmost tip of Lustria, supposing he survives the dangers of the land it would give Malekith great pleasure to have a rematch.

Regardless of where the first strike is made Malekith will control the vortex and regain his homeland. Domination by a best elf soon!

How do you play the Jews in Attila, I'm surrounded by Sassanid shits and my axe troops are weaker than my regular desert spears.
HELP

Yeah, this.

Campaign in TW:W and like, Rome 2 and Atilla mostly just boild down to building 1 of the gold bulding, one of the growth building, and one of the wall buildings in every place. No thought or planning. It's just clicking end turn over and over until you have all the squares available. That's not fucking strategy.

You're inevitably gonna just have 1 region as your recruitment capital and everything else for gold, because that's the only way it makes any fucking sense. But that means you have to tediously march a General/Lord the fuck across the map every time you need reinforcements.

>netted
>still gets to fly all over the place with hit animations

epic

Pass me the Crossbow kid I just need to tighten this screw before we can take the Gyrocopter for a ride
Because Fantasy builds upon other fantasy tropes, and they fight underground mainly, where that isn't advisable

>CA wanting to be creative
>the same company with the "under empire are just hidden cities" and literally ratpaths

>MuhUnderEmpirefags

Christ, I thought we'd gotten rid of you.

Why didn't they just duplicate one head and attach it together, then put in it on the zombie/forest dragon animation? This is not even an hour of work, they just couldn't even be assed to put that little effort into one of the largest monsters of the faction.

Nah, just make it blue and call it a new unit. So disappointing.

>buy wing and warlock
>Gobbla isn't a LL
refunded

the technology just isn't there yet

Wall building should basically make a settlement a walled city deal and be primarily useful if your capital isn't available for whatever reason, or you have a really far away settlement you want to use to let armies run away to.
Won't affect garrison, settlement level should do that.

Please post the Total Warhammer faction rolling chart.

axes in shield wall as your anvil, then hammer with you BIG ARMORED CAMELS. If possible try to avoid war with the Sassanids early on, instead use your magi to spread judaism and try to get provinces to revolt and expand that way. Eventually when you feel you are strong enough you can take on the sassanids and their endless savaran/armenian doomstacks

I think we will see some obscure shit like a playable Kurgan faction in W3 but I dont think we will ever see Ind/Cathay/Nippon in games.

>

>

daily reminder that high elves wont be getting a cinematic in game engine trailer

>not pre order DLC for game 3 but playable in game 1

they already had one

>Be strong for mother

>That's Kislev

with even more reinforcements and some new recruits from Ghostgate we push to retake Endrussal