/ovg/ - simbabbies keep crashing

Welcome to Auto Vidya General

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have!
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Attached: 1515463839152.jpg (1024x683, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8cEvVey8xA8
youtube.com/watch?v=5QiAj5oOfz4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: f931dd99-99f6-45f4-8e54-b02283a12c1b.jpg (1920x1080, 203K)

yes

opinions on Sam Adams Boston lager
i like it

Attached: 1518277058388.png (1143x851, 236K)

Attached: DIYAlignment.webm (311x240, 2.76M)

what's your favorite casual racing game? mine's probably gtav tbqh

ive had better

Attached: 1517123913887.png (1199x898, 220K)

desu im a stout man but its at least different than the usual lager flavor. no doubt theres better though

Attached: 1515283856638.png (311x156, 106K)

i never knew rally 2000 had graphics like that

>pros don't race in vr
youtube.com/watch?v=8cEvVey8xA8

>3000 iRating
>pro
Well then I guess I am a pro and you can take my official word that VR is for homos.

Attached: fuckthrottlecontrolyall.webm (853x480, 2.85M)

>VR is for homos
Poorfag detected

>exclusive iRacing "no dirty poorfags allowed" pro
>poorfag
Impossible

Attached: myhelmethasanatfieldmotherfuckers.webm (640x360, 2.83M)

Why do the physics always fall apart in racing "sims" the second the car gets out of hand a little?

Name a better game

Attached: PCars2.jpg (460x215, 39K)

easy

Attached: simulationvaluetothemax.jpg (525x525, 64K)

Attached: sorry james.jpg (460x215, 23K)

Attached: 001-toyota-lemans-2016_0.jpg (759x506, 100K)

FFLOL

Attached: DE24F292-ABDF-4EF0-B763-C7A7452698A8.jpg (356x280, 32K)

did you #MAGA today ?

Attached: Pic_20180318_223150_4096x2160.jpg (2048x1080, 1.8M)

look at the CPU usage for a game with (if you consider it) accurate crash physics like beam.ng, then imagine that with 40+ cars racing at 250+kph from anywhere in the world with all kinds of shitty 500kb internet connections.

Scirocco when?

I purchased my first wheel this weekend, a Thrustmaster 150. I know its junk, I just wanted something cheap until I decided if I liked using a wheel or not.

Having no experience using a wheel and playing racing games can someone here explain why its so difficult to turn while playing? I have tried Assetto and Project Cars, but turning is very hard.

I have been fiddling with the game settings and googling "fixes," but can't fix it completely. From what I have gathered it has to do with my FFB settings, but what exactly should I be looking at?

The fix I personally found was to set the wheel rotation from 900 degrees to something lower. From what I googled that is the wrong way to go about fixing it. Suggestions?

what do you mean its too difficult to turn? the weight of the wheel is too heavy? lower the ffb strength

hit that gym you pussy ass fucking twig handed fuckboi

Sorry, what I mean by difficult to turn is that I have to turn the wheel a lot turn the car in-game. Just to make a simple turn around a track on Assetto my arms get twisted around because I have to turn the wheel so much to get the proper turn in-game.

set the rotation to 480 or 540 degrees

can you do a screenshot of your thrustmaster profiler settings and assetto corsa wheel settings?
dont do this, assetto corsa automagically sets the steering lock of the real life car, so keep it at the max rotation in the thrustmaster profiler, and let the game adjust the wheel lock settings if that's an option in it.

I actually don't think there's too much wrong with that crash besides the collision box being the camera pod and not the roll hoop and the stuff it hits (or doesn't) after going over the inside pit wall.

youtube.com/watch?v=5QiAj5oOfz4

Maybe it should have snapped in half at some point but whatever.

i'd ignore the cunt since he does not realize that 900 degrees is more than one full turn of the wheel for a full lock

Are you this guy?

Attached: hands.webm (640x400, 2.73M)

Have not gotten my hands in-game to flip flop like that, but yes.

To my knowledge these are the default settings. The thrustmaster is set to 900 degrees rotation, but looks to be able to go up to 1080.

Attached: Untitled.png (1216x685, 132K)

what youre not understanding is AC sets the lock of the wheel for you. the AMG GT3 i believe has 450 degrees of rotation, so if you set your wheel to 900 the game will lock the wheel to 450 degrees when youre in that car anyway. dont give him wrong information when youll need that 900 degrees for something like a road car.
is pic related set to 900/1080/whatever you set it to?

Attached: a.jpg (474x152, 28K)

Yes, it is set to 900 degrees.

only thing i can think of then is to either run through the calibration again or youre just driving incorrectly

are you keeping your hands at 9/3 or are you moving them for tighter turns?

I recalibrated it and still have the issue. I thought I was just driving incorrectly too so I tried a test race against some computers. I cannot make the turns with how fast they are going with me trying to copy them. Either way I appreciate the help.
There is no way I can keep my hands at 9 and 3 my arms will get twisted because of how much I have to turn the wheel.

AC treats whatever you set in the wheel settings as 900. You can set your wheel in the thrustmaster panel at 540, AC will treat it as 900 if you put it as 900 in the settings

So when AC adjusts your degrees of rotation to a car that has , for example, 450 degrees, it will half your wheels rotation because it thinks it's at 900, when in reality it would be around 270 for you, which should be much better

well then i dont see the problem desu
do you know for a fact the wheel is turning too much or did you just go into it thinking you could do the whole course with no more than 1/2 turn?
can you post video of you driving

Attached: 1510932744938.png (228x239, 25K)

It is possible I am driving incorrectly. I am just perplexed why turning it so stiff. Any suggestions for a game for someone completely new to playing with a wheel?

>set a pr on OVGT3
>server immediately dcs, and my run isn't recorded

even with fucked settings you can still get problems like this that are 100% user error. post a video.

ded tread

stiff turning could be too much FFB, try to lower gain to something like 20%
also post car/track combination

>is that I have to turn the wheel a lot turn the car in-game. Just to make a simple turn around a track on Assetto my arms get twisted around because I have to turn the wheel so much to get the proper turn in-game.
What nonsense. The only time you'll ever be turning the wheel a lot is when you're going super slow. I bet you're already overdoing it wildly and making your front tyres lose traction.

Have you ever driven a real car? Try slowing down and taking you foot off the throttle.

Test your hypothesis. Run around a track you know, at road speeds - 60km/h. If you can keep your hands at 9 and 3 - where they should be - at 60km, you know the car has enough steering authority to corner, and your problem at race speeds is technique. If you find you need full lock to turn in, you've got a hardware problem.

Report back.

Post a video

The T150's FFB is pretty weak, really.

bros

how the hell do you change the steering rotation for maximum tune 5 on teknoparrot

Attached: 1517056591629.gif (250x172, 2M)

nice vadim trips

Did you try setting the rotation in your wheel's control panel? I use 270.

Spotter Guide (late admittedly) for Monza

If you raced and you're not on this - make a skin or else you won't be on it

If you raced with your own skin and youre not on this - name your damn driver ingame the same as you are on the doc, if I don't know you via mumble I don't know what you're memeing as

Attached: vkovgt3 r1.jpg (1800x2279, 2.44M)

you used the same picture for Ranek and Gent, also the Zizins are not Nissans despite having Nissan badging.

Attached: zizinlogo.png (168x167, 10K)

Ranek and Gents cars are identical in the skinpack

k then

Disregard this, AMS gets funny and only loads gents skin until you've tapped back and forth between the two a couple of times, same issue for dprec and hank is fixed too

Attached: vkovgt3 r1.jpg (1800x2279, 2.44M)

Attached: praise the lord.jpg (1920x1080, 146K)

I have a setup question, /ovg/:

If I'm happy with my basic setup, got a good, solid fast one for the car and track combination, and I'm at the point of fine tuning, how far do I go in setup chasing small percentage stuff that I can probably fix by adjusting my technique - I'm talking specifically in this case about changing engine braking to dial out a little lift off oversteer at a few corners... a small change there fixes it, but I could leave it how it was and manage weight transfer a little more gently and achieve the same end.

Assuming there's not a noticeable difference in speed between the two, which is the more advisable solution?

good shit

Probably adjusting the setup. It leaves you more room for error.

Actually that makes a lot of sense. Cheers.

Go with the safer option, in the this case by changing the setup, if you leave it for you to manage and you get it wrong you'll spin out and regret it. You can also dial out lift off oversteer by increasing the coast, but make sure you do it in small increments

mine isnt there, probably because it shows me as second driver of one of all the goodsmile racing teams for the amg that were added to the skinpack

>You can also dial out lift off oversteer by increasing the coast, but make sure you do it in small increments

Yeah it was pretty minor and I find engine braking to dial that out pretty finely before I usually go into the diff.

I'll add you for next week, same as Mr Leo who got omitted for similar reasons

Was there an easy way to generate mipmaps for my skin?

Attached: Capture.png (122x41, 1K)

I'm going to fix my .veh file and resend my skin. Forgot to put mine in ovgt3.

Is it alright if I send my VKOVGT3E skin in with physics from a different car?
No ill will, just want to make the car a bit nicer to drive.

t. tes

What is the first setting you change when starting a racing game?

It just isn't jesus christ how thick are you

game setting, car setting, wheel setting, what are you asking?

Nice try James

turn on death mode

fucking shitters, seriously
let me send in my car with "corrected" physics and the missing 2000hp too

Attached: this isnt as hard as i expected.webm (1920x1080, 2.86M)

>vertical video
Opinion discarded

what do you mean "hard" it's clearly the superior way to drive

I used to do that too, except I used rudder pedals.

Who else "fun" here?

Attached: DIRT 4 rain2.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

Guess I will have to use "that"

Attached: DIRT 4 rain3.webm (1366x768, 2.98M)

what's that weird thing with the 4 circles next to my car?

Attached: 2014ninjatoad.webm (960x540, 2.76M)

This any good?

Attached: miata.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

>Saab

>me and bro play gran autismo sport
>"Nigga you gotta hit the apex, you're braking too late"
>"What the fucks an apex lol"

It's the new version of the pink triangle

apex is the second cone marker

Anyone using an Xbone controller here? I upgraded from my 360 controller and while the inputs feel much better, the lack of force feedback compared to the regular controller is throwing me off. Anyone have this issue here and know how to readd the vibration?
>in before check google
>when I already checked and no good results are showing up

>xbone controller
>upgrade from 360 controller
kek retard

you figured out in 5 minutes what polyphony couldnt figure out in 21 years; most people who play gt dont give a fuck about the intricacies of racing, they just wanna collect cars and wallride their way around tracks in a 1500hp suzuki

The trigger vibration is really helpful in racing games that support it, not to mention the dpad went from might as well rip it off tier to pretty usable with decent clicky feedback.

Attached: DIRT 4 snow1.webm (1024x576, 2.98M)

buy a fucking wheel you dumb ass
driving one some homo controller like captain gaylord

>using a wheel in forza, gta, nfs, burnout, i can go on all day
retard

what is the worst fictional track in existence and why is it the alps?

Attached: 3-18-2018_7-23-07_PM.png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

>playing fucking fag ass games
spot the real retard

>controller
>force feedback

you are a silly fucking homo

bryce canyon