/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #553

''Nice Rachel we are having'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Before the Storm Gamescom Launch Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=OunUnpKLEGQ

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13846338
strawpoll.me/13846359
strawpoll.me/13834594

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=v-FrpcncHkA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
vocaroo.com/i/s0RUxdZcUcDf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Which one /lisg/?

Save Max.

>"Chloe, you'll love this bag I bought the other day."
>"I'm not much of a purse girl, Max, didn't think you were eith- wait. Is that a bunch of me's?"

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

So we're all agreed that the tattoo woman is Rachel from the future come to seduce her own father and save her younger self?

Rachel

Chloe is #1

Don't worry, Max said I could

She'd save both because Chloe Price is a certified badass!

Yes. She is also the homeless woman's sister.

Give me your best LIS artwork

maybe she's trying to change her own destiny
youtube.com/watch?v=v-FrpcncHkA

She'd save both.
Though if it's like the scenario in Until Dawn then it's Rachel who set that trap up in the first place

No. I don't expect that kind of a convoluted plotline and think anyone trying to force it has multiple depraved fetishes they're trying to force into the story.

Max. Duh.

So

You chose Friendship or Something more? and explain yourself.

You a liar and the truth ain't in you

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

I’m very upset about what the developers have done with the character Chloe. She was the only person who could be a lesbian, she is perfect, but the developers made her bi, as well as Max and Rachel, apparently they like to make a bunch of bi-characters and no one lesbians, it’s offensive, but bisexuals will be happy. Maybe the developers have lesbophobia? Other than that I do not like the fact that they made Chloe look like a whore, first she fucks with a guy at 14 or 15 years (this is written in a diary) just because she was sad and lonely, but the relationship with the guys ends, she meets Rachel. But there is Eliot in the prequel, although according to the canon the relationship with the guys ended before the meeting with Rachel, it was said in the original. It seems that the developers went beyond the canon. In the original, Chloe says that the guys are finished and calls them vile, it seems that she is a lesbian. But there are condoms in her jacket, that is, when Rachel disappeared, Chloe ran to fuck with the guys, because she was “bored and lonely.” And now the most important thing is, in the third episode, the condoms are in place, but after she finds out the truth about Rachel and that she was lying, then Chloe throws Max from the academy and leaves.
After that condoms disappeared, that is, she again went to fuck with the guys and used condoms for the intended purpose. And the most disgusting thing here is that at this time Chloe likes Max in a romantic way, you can even develop a romantic relationship with Chloe, but Chloe herself does not care about Max’s feelings, she just leaves to fuck with the guys. I used to love Pricefield and even saved Chloe at the end of the game, but now I’m sick of Chloe’s character, I hate her and the developers, they do not care about the feelings of the players. Now I understand how beautiful Grahamfield is, and the whore of Chloe, let it be with the same whore, Rachel, their place in the grave.

Friendship, because that's what it was in that moment and what it will continue to be until the time Rachel disappears years later. At some point they will start to develop crushes on each other and Chloe will fall in love with Rachel, but it never develops into something serious.

Reminder that Max isn't some horrible person for ignoring Chloe.
>Anxiety's a vicious cycle. You don't reply today because you can't find the proper words. Then the next day become next week and then a month. Without realizing it a year passed. The problem is that the longer you wait, the tougher it is to do it (Max alludes to this). In a way, it's like you are drowning. The longer you wait, the more you sink and the harder it becomes to reach the surface. Each day that you don't reply, you feel not only ashamed but also worthless until it reaches a point where you believe that the other party would be better off without you and you don't deserve them. I feel really bad for Chloe but I can't help but empathize with Max as I know where she's coming from. Anxiety is a fucking bitch.
Reminder that Max was the only one who cared about Kate enough to see what she was going through and try to help. Her nature is to help.
Reminder that Max let go of her hatred for Nathan once she understood what Jefferson put him through. Her nature is to forgive.
Reminder that even if you don't make Max warn Victoria about the dark room, Max expresses concern for Victoria, even though Kate's suicide is largely Victoria's fault. Her nature is compassion.
Reminder of how thoughtful and kind Max is toward quadriplegic Chloe in episode 4. Her nature is kindness and love.
Reminder that Max is a better and more empathetic person than almost anyone in the series.

>Before S1 events
Rachel.

>After S1 events
Max.

>I love how it just seems to add a bit more feeling to the scene that I don't think Season 1 had at times since it felt like everything was static until you made a choice.
It's stupid though because it draws attention to the inconsistent space time, not in some high-art kind of way either, in the 12-year old's on windows movie maker kind of way. David will just hold up his hand for a first bump indefinitely, there's like three or four camera angles to highlight how weird it is. The drama students just stare blankly until you respond, like robots or something (Dana freaked me out in that scene for some reason, she just seemed so in-human). It was a decision they made because it sounded like an improvement, but they didn't actually think about how it affected the flow of the conversations. It's even worse when you consider how much time they wasted getting it to work properly, when there's re-used assets absolutely everywhere.

Sure the static camera of season one wasn't elegant or technically impressive, but it served its purpose while allowing the player to suspend their disbelief. Not punishing anyone who likes to think over their decisions by shattering their suspension of disbelief.

The truth hurts me. Episode 5 was so cliche and by the numbers, it was painful.

Chloe is not a lesbian, she’s just a bi whore who fucks with everyone. The main thing is her behavior as a whore, I’m not a bifob, just insulting, so many bi characters and not a single lesbian and Chloe was an ordinary whore.Now I’m in love with Grahamfield, Warren is what Max needs, and Chloe’s whore is not worthy of Max, ugh. Sorry for the rudeness, but I’m very upset, the developers killed the character Chloe and Pricefield, they are no longer for me. But why did I say all this? The developers do not care, they’ve never before spat on the Pricefield fans and on the ending of the bae>bay, which they made to dump. Much shorter and with the old song, and even if Max and Chloe had romantic relationships, then nothing happened, not a kiss or even a phrase. Not to mention that all the developers chose Chloe’s death, that is, the canonical ending is bay> bae, and now I agree with them, such a nasty character as Chloe must die, still Max has Warren. I’m sorry for all the fans of Pricefield, your ship was full of shit.

Yeah, probably this. Especially once Chloe realized that Max never forgot about her like she was afraid of.

Alright stop posting this trash. It was liked and posted in the last thread.
There's enough shit going on here without bringing it it from other places. Let Tumblr keep their idiotic interpretations and theories. It's no different than that one article that said LiS wasn't SJW enough and that "The lesbian has to die because it;s clearly hinted to be the right choice."
These people do things they know that won't make them happy because they think they are expected to. They have little brains and even less of a spine, same for the Bayfags who are just now realizing they're sad they let Chloe die.

When is the next season? Did his brother die in the fire?

/thread

Chloe would NEVER let Max die, just like she tried to do everything in her power to save Rachel when she thought she could.
The people trying to force competition or belittle what they mean to Chloe need a good whacking with Samuel's mop.

Before season 1, I think that Chloe wouldn't be able to choose. She'd be torn right down the middle and she'd have to flip a coin.
After season 1, Max.

Someone else can see the truth!

Indubitably.

>deprave fetishes
Hey now, incest is pretty mainstream these days.
Don't you watch GoT?

Reminder that Rachel repeatedly manipulates Chloe throughout episode 1, encourages her worst tendencies, eventually cheats on her, and then gets murdered.

>they do not care about the feelings of the players

Exactly, they don't.
That's why Max and Chloe aren't blank-slate characters where the player gets to shape their personality.

Stop posting this guy from that courage show, it's creepy

I think he has a winning smile.

Today they went on a nice drive to somewhere with an awesome view and where they could bask in the warmth of both the sun and each other. Also where they could enjoy watching the sunset and see the stars and moon slowly make their appearances as they day ends.
They took the old muscle car Chloe and David fixed up together. Once it's nighttime then they drive around and find an untried place to have dinner before heading back to their apartment for a relaxing night.

I never felt remotely bad for Chloe. She was a shit friend to Max, getting mad at her for caring about a suicidal girl or telling her that she wished Rachel was there during an intimate moment between them.
She also constantly made bad choices, maybe rewinding wouldn't fix the tornado but Max's powers surely shouldn't be to just save Chloe every time she dies in a stupid way.
So yeah, Bay > Bitch every day.

>Rachel's dad is going to "punish" her
>Rachel is really the woman who is seducing her own father
Yeah, nah. Pervs get out. You have your own boards.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Yeah, the point is she's travelling back in time to protect herself from his sexual punishment.

And which board would that be

>188288118
The same low quality bait in a new body of water does not make it any tastier for the fish

>188288118

Veeky Forums is a big and wondrous site, user. Go explore it.

>Different opinions are bait now.
Okay yurifag.

I never felt remotely bad for Chloe. She was a shit friend to Max, getting mad at her for caring about a suicidal girl or telling her that she wished Rachel was there during an intimate moment between them.
She also constantly made bad choices, maybe rewinding wouldn't fix the tornado but Max's powers surely shouldn't be to just save Chloe every time she dies in a stupid way.
So yeah, Bay > Bitch every day.

Just like Chloe does to Max in S1.

>save Max
>Max rewinds time
>shes already out of the rails so they can save Rachel
Max!

captcha: portland bowen

>wanting to save Rachel even if you can
Pleb

And then a few minutes later she's being all proud of Max about how she's living a dream by going to Blackwell and taking classes with a person she (at that point) idolizes.
Chloe was right. She would try to be pissed off but would immediately forgive Max and welcome her back. Chloe can't stay mad at her and Max already beats herself up enough over what happened. By the second day of being together again they both know things are going to last between them.
Making a mistake isn't the bad part, it's failing to learn from it.

vocaroo.com/i/s0RUxdZcUcDf

it was more of a jab at chloe implying here that they haven't spoken to each other since max left for seattle, yet deck9 made it so they texted each other in 2009 while max was living in seattle

chu~

CUTE!

Now post the nsfw version

Oh. Yeah, I can see that too. I was peeved about that at first because it was a retcon with no purpose other than trying to take a swipe at Max.
But it still changes little. Chloe's diary entry about it was nice and if anything it shows how much Max means to Chloe. That she couldn't be mad at Max even with (apparently) happening. Chloe also couldn't bring herself to curse Max.
It's tragic that they were apart for so long but now that we see both of their sides, we can see that they were always thinking of each other and wanted things to be like they were. It just took a little pushing them together from Rachel to make it happen.

>this is now canon

Something more.

Because Chloe is brash and would just out and say her feelings at this point in her life. She feels like she has nothing to lose which is why she acts out so much and isn't concerned with the consequences. Plus she feels an obvious and strong draw towards Rachel.

...There is one?
Yes, please, post it.

There isn't one and if there was I wouldn't have it saved.

Why didnt they show Rachel in her underwear from the front?
They showed Max, Chloe and dozens of other blackwell sluts, so why not Rachel?

Good thinking, user!

Cause she's a boy

Obviously Max. Rachel is really nice for short term relationship but Chloe and Max are literal soulmates.

Also it doesn't matter since the system is rigged anyway.

This isn't technically explicit, but if you think that'll keep it from being deleted, you're probably wrong.

CEASE

Why do we only see dicks but nothing else in those? delet

I think it's clear that Rachel and Chloe were good friends but that Rachel was never going to want the same thing Chloe did. For some reason, Rachel didn't think Chloe could handle a rejection or hearing things she didn't want to so she just stayed quiet about it. It's sad but you see a similarity between Rachel and Max there where they both should have done something early on, didn't out of an initial fear of how Chloe would react, and then as time went on they still hadn't done it and were too scared of what would happen if they did it so late.

giv chloe gf

WARREN YOU CUNSN!!!!

Something more. You can tell this thread is full of autists that have never been in a relationship - you can absolutely have attraction to someone and have feelings for someone even after only a day spent together if the circumstances are right and the circumstances are absolutely right for Chloe and Rachel. Not to mention what hell of a day they both shared.

That's a nice detail, actually. Also I laughed when Chloe said Max had a giant hard on for cameras.

Reminder that Rachel canonically, absolutely, indisputably goes behind Chloe's back and fucks Frank. This happens no matter what you do. This happens no matter what happens in the next two episodes of Before the Storm. This is (one of the many reasons) why Max will always be better than Rachel.

You deserve to get banned for that.

Some people really don't like lewd posts do they?

A day spent together, sure - but Rachel and Chloe hadn't even been through that. They rocked out at a concert together, had a five minute conservation at Blackwell, had another 15 minute conversation on a train, and then if you decided to make Chloe do it, she'd confess her feelings then and there. And since Chloe was still questioning whether that *was* Rachel at the Fire Walk concert, they clearly didn't talk much that night. So they've had, like, half an hour of interaction.

Not when the only junk you see are dicks.

Asking the Experts:

Was Rachel ever confirmed to be with Chloe romantically?

From my playthrough it seemed like Rachel was straight and Chloe's feelings were unrequited. Rachel obviously cared about Chloe at least platonically, not trying to be a dick and bait waifufriends

I guess it'll be confirmed or optional in the Prequel if it hasn't been already, but I'm curious.

It's explicitly stated she had a consensual relationship with Frank, and I think only implied she had a relationship with Jefferson so we know she's at least straight, and we know Chloe loved her romantically, but I don't think it's ever stated that they were together, and I think it was implied they weren't.

You mean you'd prefer to see female genitals?

Oh my bad, they went to the park before they went to the junkyard. So around an hour of them interacting.

i felt like LiS strongly implied, if not established, that max had trouble initiating contact with chloe. Making that first step and not knowing how to approach chloe again after having to move and essentially "abandoning" her at a terrible time. maybe max felt guilty and as time passed felt unsure if chloe even cared about her at all, similar to how chloe thinks of max in BtS. I always had the impression that if either of them reached out at any point during those 5 years they would fall right back into their old friendship, like how they clicked back together after they actually met LiS ep1. It feels really weird to think max was actually busy with seattle or school or whatever to reply and keep contact with chloe. Now those messages could just be what max was saying to avoid conversation because of some other issues she had at the time or whatever, but i kinda doubt deck9 thought too much about it and just put it in the game

Either that or at least nipples

>So they've had, like, half an hour of interaction.
...what? They had at least 30 minutes up to several hours of interaction the night of the concert, depending on when they both came home and judging by the comments they both made they came home pretty late. And then they ditched school together around 9 am and stayed together literally until dark, rough estimate 8:30 or 9 pm. And that's without knowing where they ended up, they very likely ended up at Rachel's house which would have meant they've spent the rest of the evening and through the night and the next morning together.

Chloe literally said she and Rachel fucked in episode 2 or 3

This board is blue, dumbass.

Anyone got the webm where Max keeps seeing Chloe in her breakfast?

>Was Rachel ever confirmed to be with Chloe romantically?
Yes, at the end of Before the Storm. If you've gone the relationship route Rachel acknowledges both her own feelings for Chloe and her budding relationship with Chloe.

Go on

No she doesn't.

>Chloe literally said she and Rachel fucked in episode 2 or 3
Wait when and where did she say that?

Well they're only a bit off, she actually said they shlicked together.

I'm really looking forward to Farewell to see the interaction and schism between Max and Chloe after William's death.

Explicitly, it was left ambiguous. Though I certainly felt like it was implied that Chloe loved Rachel in a romantic way but that Rachel didn't have the same feelings for Chloe.
Chloe says that she crushed on Rachel and that she was "my angel", so it's pretty obvious that she was in fact in love with Rachel. The only indications about Rachel's feelings were in her letter to Chloe about being in a relationship with Frank, and I felt like the tone of the letter implied that Rachel knew Chloe was in love with her, but never shared those feelings and that the letter was an implicit admission of that.
Oh, and you also have to consider that if they *were* dating, then Chloe simply saying "I crushed on her" would be slightly odd. Not that odd, but a bit.