/fg/ - Falcom General #74

Previous Thread: Countdown with Campy Edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII PC beta testing is ongoing: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1471969431583803926/

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel
youtube.com/watch?v=7rFsSjOlWP8
youtube.com/watch?v=g2ruf8961z8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Arteria when?

Calvard when?

Tree you Giant faggot hop on irc again fucking dramaqueen

What?

xth for midriffs and more

I feel like adding this link would be appropriate since humble gives both a steamkey and a drm free copy with one purchase.
humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

Why does he let hair hide his left eye?

wow

Dana sections are boring desu I just want to go bacm to adventuring

I need you to post your rarest Oliviert.

I have none, have a cool one instead.

Post pictures of Rean's official wife.

>Arteria
>When it will be all of Leman

to hide his stigma, he's a dominion from a thousand years ago

Okay

I want to do this to Altina

Such a cockhungry slut. Just look at how he stares at him.

>This fucking speech Rean gives to Vita about Emma in Cold Steel 2

Genuinely think this is the worst part of the game so far

>take brilliant jrpg series
>mix it with persona
>suddenly becomes an only good game with very clear low points
Thanks weeb lowlifes.

so how do you guys think Calvard will be portrayed in the game?

Anything involving Vita is shit by default.

Chingland with whole bunch of dojo and shit.

>that bottom left Trapanella

In Gambler Jack they make it seem like Jazz Punk.

Calvard is America, not China. The eastern people beyond calvard are China.

How do I beat this cunt on nightmare? All buffed crit s-crafts are not enough and he just one shots my party. I don't want to go back in town.

>Everything people bitch about with Cold Steel actually started in Crossbell
>English-only fags continue to be absolutely retarded and not realize this

I will not learn a soon to be extinct language just to play a game earlier.
Fact remains that all the bad stuff in coldsteel I saw before in persona and they all go against what makes trials great.

Stop replying to it

I don't remember having trouble with him. Can't you just spread your party out and wear him down? As far as I can remember, all he can do is waddle up to someone and hit them, summon an add, or do an AOE butt smash centered around him.

You equip everyone with what's available, sell some sepith if necessary, you then buff up with Lloyd using motivate, and i think that thing is immune to AT delay? So use Randy, if not, lower it's health and kills it's adds, and use S-crafts when near dead.

The "sad" scene in the Infernal Castle is way worse, but it kinda makes up for what happens next.

I don't have motivate. Are you expecting me to grind like a complete faggot? I kill the small fry but when reduce its health it does huge aoe attack and kill or almost kills everyone.

Zwei 2 when? Theres like 3 weeks left of summer xgreed

How retarded are you? There is no grinding in any trails game you dumbfuck. How could anyone be this bad at trails?

Then i forgot you didn't have it by that point. Try Lowering it's defense and ATF with Tio's scan then.

Cardboard personality characters didn't start with Crossbell though

>Cardboard personality characters didn't start with Crossbell though
t. Never played crossbell

What kid of retarded argument this? Who cares who did what before? I played this game and this is what happened. If I can ever play those other games I'll come back and complain about them.

I don't know what to tell you my man. I barely remember him and I'm still mid playthrough, so he can't be that hard.

>how can anyone lose to aoe one shot attack haha git gud
The grinding part referred to the skill I don't have yet.

t.spreadshitter

I meant Zin

You're right, they started with Sky.

Julia is very handsome.

You're a dumbfuck lloyd has the skill that guy just used the wrong name. You're fucking retarded. Why even play on nightmare if you're so bad at the game

>"Cold Steel ruined trails by bringing in all this anime shit!"
>"Cold Steel didn't bring in the anime shit. It was already there."
>"W-what a retard! Saying Cold Steel ruined Trails by bringing in anime shit wasn't even my argument!"

CS haters in a nutshell

>anime shit
He said persona. Only CS has the high school+social links+dating sim package. Hell even the school music is similar.

DEEPEST LORE

Is the Ys anime any good?

Of course not.

CS's resemblance to Persona is extremely superficial. The only thing you can pin on CS in the school setting, and to be fair that's only half the game. CS2 doesn't even take place int he school and it's not as if the Sky series didn't already have a chapter about that.

All the other things: bonding events, waifufagging, the fanservice, haremshit. All of that started in Crossbell.

Wait a second

I know it's called differently and I don't have that skill you stupid cunt. I'm at the very beginning.

In 3 weeks then :^)

>bonding events,
literally one in every game and more of them are not romantic than the opposite
>waifufagging
that's something the fans do not the game
>the fanservice
didn't we already have a fanservice debate? sure crossbell has its moments but it's still just sprites and text except for a 3' swimsuit parade. the cgs were added in evo which came out a year after cs
>haremshit
pseudoharem that the game itself jokes about and you can only get with like 2 girls. there's barely any jealousy jiiiis in ao too in case you were going to mention that

>le my haremshit is okay because the game tries to be ironic about it
This is the worst fucking argument from autistic crossbellfaggots. Stop with this bullshit.

Well obviously you're still a fucking retard who sucks at the game and needs to start over on easy then. Fuck your "starting on nightmare then whining about it like a dumbfuck" ass

Do I get the full entry for Rean and Machias automatically or do I need to battlescope them with Laura and Fie?

Battle scope

so how powerful Ein actually is?

I like how you ignored everything else cause it's inconvenient to your argument. And how youimmediately stoop to insults cause you have nothing else to use. I am only explaining not judging. I never said whether that was okay or not just that it's not comparable to CS. One game tried to do a harem for laughs but it didn't have many actual choices and the other fully used dating sim elements. CS overall is very obviously different in tone from the previous games. I don't know why you keep trying to deny it. It's a relatively good rpg but it's not the next trails a fan who played the previous game would expect.

It's pretty alright/entertaining, which is something I cannot say about the Sora OVA.

yes

I'm confused. Do orbal guns shoot ammo or do they shoot energy?

>One game tried to do a harem for laughs
Stop bullshitting. It's not for fucking laughs. God, I fucking hate you disingenuous, shitposting crossbellfags. Fuck off.

Welp gotta see if I can freeze ones ass then.
Thanks

Cold Steel jokes about the haremshit too. Throwing a lampshade on the fact that Lloyd is just as much of a harem protagonist as Rean doesn't change jack shit. In the end, Elie, Noel, Rixia and even Tio (he has a 'oh shit I'm starting to get a boner from Tio hugging me' in their final event in Ao) are treated as potential matches for him. All CS did was formalize a system that was already there.

I beat previous games on nightmare and you just showed that you know shit about this one. And already killed it, just had to go back in town for equipment.

I wonder if the three stooges from Ruan made a name for themselves as Braces by CS3

Strong enough that she can apparently put up a fight with Arianrhod. And Kevin seems pretty scared of her, even implying he wouldn't be surprised if she got shot in the head, and got back right up and asked for someone to light her smoke.

All right, it's a very serious harem and it's obviously 100% responsible for creating Rean and CS. Are you happy now? Can you have an actual debate now instead of clinging to the one single point you have? Does this harem semblance change all the other things I said? Does it excuse CS' faults? Does it mean people can't dislike because somehow Crossbell ruined trails 3 years earlier?

>It's a relatively good rpg but it's not the next trails a fan who played the previous game would expect.
Very well put. I still love it when it can actually be trails and seeing the world I got to love from Liberl expand but it has drastic flaws that feel desperately trying to cater to a different demographic.
I think the writers agreed with this since 99% of the school time is skipped. Would have been interesting to see a full trails detail view on school life and studying.

They don't seem to need to reload, so i figure they must shoot compressed energy or some shit.

man Toval is such a lucky guy

All the Trails games are good and CS II is one of my favorites in the series.

Your entire point was predicated on the fact that Cold Steel ruined Trails, one that was thoroughly dashed because all Cold Steel does is continue what was already started in Crossbell, a series of games that most anons continuously suck the dick of. You don't like Cold Steel? That's fine. But then your point should be: only Sky is good. By that reasoning 70% of the series is shit In which case, why are you even still here?

It makes you retarded for bitching about shit in CS that started in your beloved crossbell

>It's okay when crossbell does it!
Fuck off

How did we go from this
youtube.com/watch?v=7rFsSjOlWP8

to this?
youtube.com/watch?v=g2ruf8961z8

You need to stop thinking in extremes.
Sky is the tits while the rest of the trails games score lower but are still good, unless you are an otaku subhuman that gets off to waifu pandering shit and the smell of his own semencrusted cock.

No, my point started here. . because you brought anime into this to change the argument when the first user clearly made persona comparisons. And then you are the ones who insist it's ok for cs to do literally everything because crossbell started one thing. I already proved the only similar one is the harem and even that is different cause the theme in corssbell is everyone liking Lloyd but only like 5 girls like Rean outside of optional events.

Why does this argument never end?
I'm in chapter 4 of zero right now. Currently I'd rank the games (I haven't played Ao or CS2) as:
3rd>SC>CS1>Zero=FC

Why would you compare Estelle's climactic reunion with Joshua in SC to Rean hanging out with a girl he's known for less than a year in the first game of a trilogy?

What emotional moving scenes does cs have that we can compare?

Shhh...Ricotta is sleeping

CS shouldn't have an emotional romantic scene like that because CS doesn't have a romance as a central plot point unless something changes drastically in CS2.

why do you guys waste so much time and energy arguing over Sky and CS differences like this? what do you even try to accomplish with such incessant arguing?

Nothing. It's just nice to vent once in a while.

Has she met her match?

The "Persona" argument is ALWAYS about anime shit. It's the one used by SMTfags who hate what modern Atlus has become. They blame: s-links and waifus primarily and general positive attitude. The school setting is really only disliked because it fosters those two things.

Crossbell added those elements before CS did, and CS's "school setting" was just window dressing. You still travel the country to solve problems. The calendar is just fluff and the game still progresses by doing story missions. The school setting offers no fundamental changes that could be seen as altering the status quo of the series all that much.

Oh that was way easier with crafts rather than starting with buffing speed. Laura still died once on me and got petrified but oh well.

And wow you guys seem to be in the middle of a bitchfight.

vent about what? christ, go play something else instead

Literally every fight in the infernal castle.

I would like to eat her
I bet she tastes like cheese

There's nothing else to play.

>SC>CS1>Zero=FC
KYSSSSS