So.... what was wrong with these again?

So.... what was wrong with these again?

Attached: 1515959414962.jpg (799x1200, 128K)

4bangers sound like shit

That’s a 6

cheap ass economy sedans

Ring blow-by was a problem, as was front heaviness. RB parts are also ludicrously expensive and swaps aren’t worth the money, time and effort vs performance gained

nothing wrong with R33, its an amazing machine. people who hate on this car are fucking idiots!

The R32 became legal to import to the US, while the R33 was not. People importing R32s talk down the R33 to feel better about their purchase. It'll be interesting to see how the dynamic changes over the next few years as R33s start coming over.

Attached: fa897fes-960.jpg (848x1280, 485K)

Nothing at all, we just can't buy them in the US yet.

chubby guy in initial d was bad-mouthing it while making funny noises before every corner, and since entire skyline popularity is memes, bad meme stays here too.

i never understood why is skyline so popular. japan had made so many cool sports cars back then, rx7, silvia and derivatives, nsx, and yet most iconic and mainstream-approved car of the era is skyline, pig fat sporty almost-family-car. i mean, i understand why it can be amazing for some people, but i can't understand why it's "the" jap car of the era. though maybe it was extremely sophisticated and technologically superior back then, and i just fail to admire it in 2018

Skylines are for methheads

Attached: Screenshot_20180308-115528.png (720x1280, 410K)

Nakazoto said the R32 is better so therefore the R32 is better

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Are you referring to oiling issues?

The issue is more like at high boost pressures the blowby levels get really high. Depending upon your setup you may need a head oil restrictor. Air oil separators that return to the sump on PCV are best, catch cans will keep the oil from getting into your intake but in extreme conditions you really need that oil in the pan.

They look dopey compared to the 32 and 34, they're the 996 of GT-Rs.

upvoted

Nothing, I've only driven a GTST but it was fun as fuck.

its a coupe lol

Technology wise they were ahead of their time.

RHD

Attached: 1323528252236.jpg (600x400, 39K)

the headlights are extremely prone to oxidisation

>objectively the ugliest
>boat with wheels
haw haw

Got over shadowed by it's dad and it's son

so americans will love it i imagine

Honestly part of the reason why I'd prefer it over the R32/R34 is because to me a GT car should be something I can drive for 5 hours with a large suit case and all kinds of other bullshit at 90-130 mph at the dead of night on the interstate and arrive without feeling sore and tense.

The longer wheelbase, lighter steering, and larger interior space is a good thing in my book.