Miata General /mg/

Miata General, meatballs edition

Attached: wbws8kK.jpg (5184x3456, 1.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/cto/d/1995-mazda-miata/6529760394.html
blog.caranddriver.com/this-is-what-the-nd-mazda-mx-5-miata-could-have-looked-like/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is it weird that my brake pads get stuck to the rotors while the car is parked?

Installed 15x8 on my na before my coils came and I've been on that 4x4 stance

How to make a Miata more highway worthy? I took mine on an hour drive at 80~ MPH and while I didn't get terrible speed shakes or anything, it felt shakey none the less. Is there something I can do to change this?

diff swap

Any specific type you would recommend?

Get a fresh alignment, maybe new tires. There shouldn't be any shakes. Getting some larger wheels could help keep the revs down also.

Picked up a 6 speed NB a few weeks ago after owning an autotragic V8 rustang for the last 8 years. I love this little car. It has a small tear in the vinyl top, which I believe is the factory top from 2001 so I'm not too upset about having to replace it. I need to get some better pictures of her.

Mine does the same thing.

Attached: IMG_0810.jpg (2448x3264, 2.88M)

Low key gas cap dirtylewd stickers ft. real dirt

Attached: BC21778B-F650-4109-A706-CF32F6980ECD.jpg (1536x2456, 717K)

>been talking sports cars with dadd-o
>says he can't find anything with a stick on any local listings
>sees on facebook that somebody is selling a miata for 1,200
>but some nigger came along and got a box cutter and hacked the roof off to steal the guys speakers literally less than 24 hours before he saw the car
a moment of silence everyone

Attached: image (1).jpg (500x567, 145K)

i wanna get a fun and cheap one as my first and it's probably gonna be a miata but i still have lust for an mr2 but i know its gonna be way more work and less practical. pls redpill me on the miata and save me from an mr2 money sink

aw11 will rust out underneath you
sw20 is fat, slow, handles worse, and harder to work on than previous gen
zzw30 requires 2zz to be """"""quick"""""" in any capacity
all will have been t h r a s h e d

How long did some of you guys wait and search on Craigslist before getting your Miata?

I wanted to buy an NA/NB last year but pressing expenses came up and I was forced to spend my cash on other things. While I searched last year, it seemed as though there were so many good examples being offered for sale.

I'm looking again now, and it seems like there are WAY less Miatas for sale over all AND the majority that do go on sale appear to be in poor shape.

Been searching now for almost a month :(

How much would a manual trans from a 2nd gen miata go for? Because I kinda need one.

I was scouring and waiting for my diamond in the rough for about a year before I saw one that caused me to pull the trigger.

Attached: kitty.jpg (717x960, 64K)

I go 80 all the time. Could be your tires/alignment/wheel balance

Damn... well good thing I have a primary vehicle :/

What generation did you end up with?

haven't seen this thread in a bit

finally lowered the nc on teins in the first few warm days. No idea how the dampening adjustment works so its at whatever the previous owned had set

now waiting on 17x8 ultraforms and 225 summers to come in next week, hyped as fuck

Has anyone from /mg/ seen these yet? I think they're ugly as hell from the outside, but from the inside it's pretty cool.

Attached: _20180314_125516.jpg (2158x1032, 621K)

>your frame twists and the glass shatters over your head
>nothing personel kid

it looks like plastic

- Its plastic.

Imo, I think a regular hardtop looks way better. This fish bowl thing will get dull/yellow over time if not scratched up. It will end up looking terrible, like a toenail with with a fungal problem.

That would turn your car into an oven in the summer

after 4 months of being ded my miata is finally road worthy again
the positive side of my car getting ass blasted is I now have a miata with a hardtop, coils, exhaust, roll bar, and door bars that cost me $2000 net due to the insurance payout so that’s pretty neat

Attached: 96B2FBEA-51D0-4DD5-9460-D954873E8168.jpg (1936x1936, 955K)

side note- does any company out there make weather stripping for the windows of aftermarket hardtops? there’s tons of aftermarket hardtops out there but none of the sites that sell them have weather stripping. I’m not gonna shell out nearly $200 for a bit of OEM rubber for my $600 hardtop.

Are seats on the right better in any way? I have a hole in my driver's seat (my seats look like left ones), and prices for used pair of seats are so low that i could just replace both of them without breaking the bank. I don't particularly like design of newer seats, but if those things are an upgrade in terms of comfort/stability, i'm willing to get newer ones.

Attached: seats.jpg (986x490, 153K)

Are there tail lights for the NB that look like the ones on the NA

Really dont like the design

They're already fucking hot enough with zero thermal insulation on the OEM hardtops as it is, a clear hardtop would absolutely kill me.

wait, hardtop is bad for summer? shit, i've bought hardtop instead of fixing softtop because i thought it's gonna be good for any weather

I didn't wait because I wasn't looking for one to begin with. It kinda just showed up on craigslist a day before I was supposed to go and check out this '85 Mercedes 300td.

Ended up bailing on the 300td and going to see the Miata

can't you buy it and find new roof material? plus you can probably get the price down now

Either two days or around half an year, depending on how you see it. I've got mine pretty much randomly, though i was planning this kind of purchase for a good while at this point
>wanted to finally get anyhow cool car after running in terrible old shitbox for an year
>started saving money and searching, but there was no acceptable miatas below 3k dollars in my country, best i could do in my student's budget was half of it
>no way i can get a miata
>e36 318is/320i was kinda in my range, so from time to time i was checking this one website that's popular in my country for new offers
>i was also considering 106 gti and couple other fwd funboxes, but those things are suprisingly rare
>one day, bored
>entered facebook
>there was this facebook marketplace thing, never thought anyone even uses it
>out of nowhere, miata for $1400 near me, in a city couple kilometers away
>checked it out
>it was kinda in bad shape but i fell in love with it anyway (never thought i can just love the car after first drive, i always had hard time getting accustomed to different cars, but this one is just so natural and user-friendly)
>bought it almost on the spot, slowly fixing various minor issues up to this day - which is fun as hell

It was pretty much impulsive purchase, but also best purchase of my life. I've sold some of my stuff, bought a hardtop (sofftop material was ruined, got rid of it completely, maybe i'll fix it one day), lived through the winter, now it's getting better and better every day. Right now majority of my life's happiness comes from this car, i can't wait to put new summer tyres on it and see what it can do on the dry track. Haven't got any chance to drive it on a dry track and on summer tyres yet, bought it right before winter kicked in.

Attached: IMG_20180105_215702208-2.jpg (800x520, 390K)

New nb owner here. I knew these things were small, but seeing it next to a brotruck sent my sides in to orbit

Attached: 20180318_003941_rs.jpg (797x448, 184K)

Also interested.

Attached: IMG_20180303_184518.jpg (465x620, 32K)

Best colour wheels for BRG NA?

Attached: images.jpg (293x172, 12K)

Gold, dark copper, white.

Best color combos for green.

Yeah was thinking a bronzy color

Which MX-5 will best fill the void of never having an FD?

miss me with those low quality pics binch

Attached: 39HEY5j.jpg (1388x922, 514K)

IS a rollbar something that absolutely everyone should install?

No but it makes the Miata look slightly more "aggressive" also I guess its a "safety" feature in a way.

Attached: 32115167880_fa2cbf984d_k.jpg (2048x1149, 867K)

Most guys keep the top up unless they have a rollbar.

What the fuck are you chatting cunt?

>293x172

that is what I'm talking about.

Attached: DyhWk7v.jpg (1200x822, 753K)

Where to get used seats? All I see are like $400+, really need a driver's seat...

anyone ever have shit just stop working, then just start working as you're diagnosing why shit stopped working?

>miats decides to not start one day. tries to crank then gives up
>turns over fine, no start
>don't have time to diagnose, don't get to until like three weeks later
>pull the fuel pump line, fuel squirts out as i crank, that's not it
>change the spark plug wires, that's not it
>get a spark plug tester, pull the 30A "FUEL INJ" fuse so i don't dump fuel in while testing
>examine cams while starting, they're turning so the belt's fine
>not showing spark in any cylinder
>read that the fuel inj fuse also influences spark, so i plug that back in, spark tester back on cylinder 1
>car fucking starts immediately
WHAT THE FUCK
>take spark tester off and plug everything back in, go for a drive, no adverse effects
WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT

Attached: 1491258004315.gif (250x250, 847K)

How much should I offer for this NA?

sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/cto/d/1995-mazda-miata/6529760394.html

>I will not be accepting low ball offers

work around that.

Fuck up cunt, was the first google image, jesus fuck you're autistic

very neat, cheap vehicles

Not saying I would offer $1000, but obviously I want to shave off what I can. I'm willing to pay up to 4 grand if it's in the condition it seems to be.

>Thinks fuel coming out means good fuel pressure
>spark plug testing after throwing parts at it
>Not just listening to the starter spinning rapidly and save time pulling valve cover

Your coilpacks are probably bad.

it gushed a good bit from even one second of cranking
i actually switched to an old wire pack i had lying around, not new parts
i didn't pull the valve cover, just popped the oil cap and set my phone on top to record it as i cranked

nah but they are only like $300 and add a lot of safety. plus it looks way better when the top is down.

He's bragging a ton. I'd avoid it unless rust condition is really good.

Idk how much those are worth but offer 4 and say you want a counter offer that thing looks clean

also it's an 03 so the coil packs and the wires are the same thing

Anyone have a pic of an na Miata with the same paint job as the panda trueno? Talking black skirt with the stripe and black hood. Thinking of painting my Miata in the same way and wondering what it'd look like. minus the fujiwara tag ofc

$3,000 max

I'll check it out next week. Not to worried about the rust cause cali but still. I'll meet the guy in person and inspect the miata before giving him an offer.

>required to run at most track or drift days
>looks good
>some protection from pancaking in the really unlikely event that you flip it

not the first mod i'd do but its nice i guess

Attached: 1512153560493.jpg (322x137, 13K)

I was searching a 200mi radius about eight months for a 96 NA 5sp with less than 100k in a not shit color. Went to look at about seven, they sell pretty fast. A lot of times I'd call on one posted within a few days and it'd be gone already. Finally found one... no ac, no power steering a bonus... for $3k, roughly 2 miles from my house

>fuck up cunt
>jesus fuck you're autistic

No you're just low iq idiot.

Attached: x2KgUl6.jpg (4032x3024, 3.92M)

These cars are so fucking attractive.

Why don't anybody make modern versions of these 90's British spitfires? Same recipe - balanced, tiny, light, small engine, CHEAP

Nb

>Why don't anybody make modern versions of these 90's British spitfires? Same recipe - balanced, tiny, light, small engine, CHEAP

but user they do. It's called an ND Miata. Don't tell me it's expensive either. but that shit is dirt cheap and I say this as someone can't currently afford it. Chances are if you were your current age when the NA Miata came out, you probably wouldn't be able to afford that.

Proof:
>1990 NA Miata started at $13,999.
>What cost $13,999 in 1990 would cost $26,649.42 in 2018 (adjusted for inflation).
>2018 ND Miata (base) starts $26,645.

That's pretty fucking close my dude. Next time do your research before making an unsubstantiated claim.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (321x447, 26K)

Attached: hreMz.jpg (2051x1367, 627K)

oof that's hot

Attached: QXFRn85.jpg (5179x3453, 2.36M)

also i am thoroughly enjoying these meatballs

Attached: BO9wtVJ.jpg (5019x3346, 1.33M)

user you're completely right but that ND looks like every other modern car that only the prole class would enjoy.

That car's aesthetic design choice is Miata trying to distance themselves away from the culture of casual driving into a cringy 'butch' niche. But it's just shutting out the former and making no progress in the latter because its not supposed to.

Would you keep your miata stock or turbo/supercharge it?

Attached: IMG_5386.png (1334x750, 1.36M)

I have a 1990 Miata, 250k on the dash (who the fuck knows in reality).

I'm doing a rebuild of the front suspension. Part of the rebuild was removing and replacing the inner tie rods.

The inner tie rods came stock with a special washer with locking tabs. My replacement parts didn't come with that washer, and I don't want to spend $30 on washers. Do you think I can get away with red loctite or something on the inner tie rod threads?

>user you're completely right but that ND looks like every other modern car that only the prole class would enjoy.

lol what, not at all.

>That car's aesthetic design choice is Miata trying to distance themselves away from the culture of casual driving into a cringy 'butch' niche. But it's just shutting out the former and making no progress in the latter because its not supposed to.

Why don't you just drive one instead of worrying about who Mazda is trying to appeal to?

Attached: image.jpg (3263x2447, 552K)

Junkyard, $70 for a pair at my local one

Personally i think the nds design is a mix of things, one being the original miata and a new design made by Americans (I remember someone saying two teams designed the nd, one basing it on the na and one, the Americans basing it on mazdas kodo design), mazdas new kodo design philosophy and the nc with the front being an evolution of the nc,

the nd isnt like all the other angry cars, it's still happy like the bc but it's determined and excited.

Sold my 94 NA back in October. Miss the hell out of it. I had a hardtop, coilovers with some konig dial in 15x8 wheels. Exhaust, headers, short throw shifter, and some bride bucket seats. Would drive an hour east to some mountains and would have a blast the whole time. Nothing can turn like that car. Too bad it gave me a shit ton of problems. Clutch was going out when i got it. Master cylinder failed and left me stranded, same with the cam angle sensor. Started to leak and burn oil a lot. Would burn a quart in about 500 miles. Replaced head gasket and then didn't get oil pressure even though the oil was fine. Sold it and now want another. Maybe an NB this time.

I kind of want to buy a new RF but it's just not the same as having an actual roof and looks like a big fat repair bill exactly one year after the warranty ends

I say take the chance and make sure you have money aside just in case the roof ever fails.

Attached: Uwruw3T.jpg (1997x1331, 535K)

I love love the way the RF looks but most of me feels that the soft top is more of a "real" miata since the RF with top down is more like a targa

any credence to rumors that the 2019 might get a hp bump?

While I'm not in the market for a Miata and currently don't mind its 155hp a bump to 181 would def be nice I guess.

But guess what their will always be those people who go "hurr for the same price you can get a mustang blahblahblah"

Attached: 24629860686_2010a9fda9_h.jpg (1600x1095, 541K)

I never wanted a "real" miata and have never been particularly satisfied by any car but the old rustbucket deathtrap Z cars.

If Nissan had not lost their way I can tell you what I would be driving, but eh, you get what you get.

Post pics user!

*there. fuck me.

Attached: ND RF on TE37s.jpg (2759x1473, 985K)

assuming it didn't get fatter, 16% more hp would put it in mid-high 5s 0-60, proper quick for the price point. I would be hard pressed not to get one if that was the case

MSM

Can you guys convince me to get an na miata over an FC. I went and tried one and it just seemed so gutless and didn't seem revolutionary like I've heard. Also is the clutch supposed to be really light?

I dont have a miata but I've been wanting to get a gay hookup for a while. Is anyone down?

>Can you guys convince me to get an na miata over an FC. I went and tried one and it just seemed so gutless and didn't seem revolutionary like I've heard. Also is the clutch supposed to be really light?

The whole point of the Miata is to modify the suspension so it handles like it's on rails. The car isn't going to be "revolutionary" but you will have fun. Expecting anything from a 26 year old miata on stock suspension other than a floppy chassis is stupid. Gutless is a terrible word to use because if you're looking for power, you aren't going to find it in the Miata unless you are spending serious $$$, whether its Turbocharging it, swapping in a V8, or buying a the absolute grail of Miata's (2004 Mazdaspeed Miata which comes turbocharged; 174hp)

I'm not going to "convince" what to do. All I am doing is just telling you the solid truth, no memeing, no bs, no shitposting.

btw if you expect the FC Rx-7 (which is also around the same age as the Miata, to pack a punch in terms of horsepower, you are greatly mistaken my friend. I would suggest to actually read up on these cars on forums specifically for them.

fuck off.

Attached: 15135052431_397a510691_k.jpg (2048x1322, 1.01M)

Found an article
blog.caranddriver.com/this-is-what-the-nd-mazda-mx-5-miata-could-have-looked-like/

I feel like there should be some kind of copypasta for people looking to purchasing a Miata.

every year a kid turns 16 and comes on this shitty board and asks the same question. w/o doing the proper research on forums like miata dot net / clubroadster.

All this information at the tip of our fingers yet ya'll are coming to the Veeky Forums automotive subforum for questions that have been asked and answered years ago.

Attached: 4931241022_c380aed804_o.jpg (1158x634, 128K)

good god that is disgusting.

Attached: 32976303571_06e4ac22ab_k.jpg (2048x910, 584K)

Attached: 36199326775_a63b310de7_o.jpg (1280x720, 267K)

Attached: 26486885895_896458114d_h.jpg (1600x900, 300K)

desu, I'm glad they didn't just go entirely with the Japanese team's design.

I think there used to be a good one, but it's lost in time

1997 (NA)

Attached: 26460904906_76c11f5c39_h.jpg (1600x900, 258K)

and that is a damn shame.

Attached: 29988871681_61d43e49c2_k.jpg (2048x1259, 552K)

>thought the snow was over and it was going to finally start warming up
>13.5" of wet, heavy snow last Tuesday into Wednesday
>think that has to be the end of it
>another 11" of wet, heavy snow expected Wednesday night into Thursday

Why won't this cold weather just heck off already.

Attached: 002.jpg (1080x1080, 96K)

Attached: 28696864812_fc3011818f_b.jpg (1024x598, 203K)