>pull brand new oil filter
>half the fucking block is in the oil
>engine is kill
haven't had the heart to autopsy it, but its definitely terminal
Now, here's the plan:
>have blueprinted 454 out of an old sand dragster
>have t700 trans
>have a narrowed 12 bolt rear end
I am going to build a mid engine, rear drive, 600+ HP HHR and literally nothing you can do can talk me out of it. I've started planning out as subtle of a rollcage as I can manage to keep from folding it in half.

Pic unrelated, another project car that I'm not going to get roasted for spending money on.

Attached: 29356936_220535338691620_2502301380337729536_n.jpg (716x960, 208K)

(go fast parts)

Attached: t2.jpg (2560x1920, 1.28M)

>get roasted by normies for driving a pt cruiser
Maybe you shouldn't have driven a pt cruiser then

I actually might start out with something a little more tame, just to figure out cooling/handling/exhaust

Attached: sbc2.jpg (2560x1920, 1001K)

just imagine seeing this run 8s or 9s

Attached: 49048841.jpg (1024x768, 165K)

I'll tell you the same thing I told that nutter who is junkyard rebuilding a burnt out Lambo.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

If you have the mechanical ability to do this wouldn't you rather have a car that isn't a bloated ugly turd?

The real challenge between he and I is who is going to end up with the more un-insurable ride

Attached: 98.jpg (1792x1344, 563K)

I have non HHR toys, pic related (i'm a Camaro guy, but I couldn't resist)

The fun part is that NOBODY has a fast HHR. at least not this fast, or this stock looking. That's what I'm really going for, not just fast: "wtf is that" fast

Attached: 6.jpg (2560x1920, 1.03M)

Veeky Forums is finally doing something with their lives lately between this and lambo

I havent been on the board in years, it seems like all of the real work project car threads disappeared. Too bad, There used to be some crazy projects floating around.

Attached: 14.jpg (2560x1920, 1009K)

>remaps his HHR and thinks it's fast

W

If you didn’t already have a donor car, I’d recommend using a panel van version, and hide that V8.

>2700 lbs car
>mid engine
>at least 500 hp
It'll be faster then it looks, I'll tell you that for free

Attached: sbc1.jpg (2560x1920, 854K)

Fair enough. I've always wanted one of the 13/14 GT500s myself. Good luck and godspeed.

Also if you have a legit garage why were you tearing this thing apart in a parking lot?

Not very interesting but good luck I guess.

>The fun part is that NOBODY has a fast HHR.

There are several HHRs that are faster than what you will end up with. Hell this isn't anywhere near the first V8 one.

Why mid engine?

Don't care. Go post your blog on reddit, stupid prost-boomer.
Stupid souped up Penis & Testicle Cruiser

I already have the car, I think I can blackout tint the windows. Shady and illegal most of the time, but since I'm going to have to put a firewall between me and the engine, I could argue its like a limo with a partition and they're non functional windows

Attached: 1.jpg (2560x1920, 1.28M)

>over 3100 lbs stock
>adding a cage and fuck heavy engine
>2700 lbs car
How

if you ever get the chance, get one. They're the only mustang worth owning IMO

Garage is out of the city, car and me were in the city. Didn't want to pay to tow it when i could just do it in the parking lot (and closer to parts)

Attached: 13.jpg (2560x1920, 1M)

>genuinely like seeing what people are working on
>try to make a project thread
>only a few people post and it dies
:(

>not very interesting
I'm sorry, and your car is?
>several faster
Go ahead and find me one

Attached: 12.jpg (2560x1920, 1.05M)

there's barely room for the 4 banger up front, i want to go fast, I figure way less work to just slap it in the middle.

(also because I can make ridiculous claims about weight distribution)

Attached: 2.jpg (2560x1920, 1.22M)

>2700 lbs stock
>taking out engine, trans, current drive-line, interior, everything that doesn't matter
bigger engine, sure. cage built for what i'd need isn't going to weigh more than the interior I'm ripping out.

Attached: t3.jpg (2560x1920, 1.03M)

Lol shit way faster than this heap will ever be was made back in 2005. It's just another boring V8 swap, so nah, it's not interesting in any way.

Attached: free-desktop-wallpaper-1024x768-So-Cal-HHR-Bonneville.jpg (1024x768, 49K)

>all fiberglass land speed car built on a tube frame
I'm glad your google search for "fast hhr" turned up one result that's never seen the street in its life. Try harder.
Damn, you're right,

It's a chop top car with a front tube for a mid engine conversion. Sorry it dwarfs your redneck hackjob but that doesn't make it a tube chassis.

Attached: 2016-05-19_03-46-01.jpg (960x540, 119K)

Do you.... Do you understand the word street?

Also:

A picture of basically what I'm building, except for the panel rear, the colour, and mine isn't going to be an obvious pro street car.

Man, if you're going to shit on my plan, at least come up with a better argument than "one dude built a land speed hhr one time that you will literally never see unless you specifically search for it".

Didn't say it was a bad idea, I said it wasn't interesting. I don't know how searching for "HHR fast" is some obscure term though. I knew of it already but just doing that brings it up.

Godspeed user, I believe in you.

Attached: 1114.jpg (497x531, 57K)

Ccg is the only place I see projects

>epic showdown between junkyard Lambo and the most unreasonably fast HHR ever
I’d watch it desu

sounds fun. fuck these cynical faggots in here that haven't ridden in anything more than a sub 150 hp shitbox

Pretty fucking lame OP. So you want to dump a bunch of money into a car to be ironic to integra kids? Dude its a POS gm turd prob built on a cruze. If you actually like driving get something worth driving. Lifes to short to be ironic and drive HHr's, even if you THINK you like them.

make sure to mask the exhaust sound

Attached: Lada 4-2-1 manafold for Subaru boxer Exhaust Sound.jpg (1000x630, 368K)

I'm gonna do the opposite. I've got an fd shell without an engine and I might put a little 4 banger in it for that there fuel economy.

Man, don't you want to buy a rust free body to put the nice engine/transmission in? Like an old rust free muscle car shell?

It's your money, but I'd find a weekend to look for a rust free charger body somewhere.

Call it a cargo van instead of a limo. Firewall should say it's K.

Or a rust free HHR

You mother fucker. Cummins swap it or something stupid instead.

Finish your current projects before starting a new one that's infinitely more difficult, and if you want a fast HHR nothing is stopping you right now from buying a HHR SS Turbo and debadging it.

I don't really know yet. I'm kind of hoping to find a smashed fd with a still decent motor and box

i want to swap an nc 2 liter into an fb, that would rule

You are such a fucking loser and it's that shit attitude you have.

6.2L V8 L86. Because VVT and many transmissions you can mount to it, not to mention you'll break even with 800HP/715 pound-feet of torque.

Put your money where your mouth is.

...... read through the thread man.

..... you too

I'm also doing an LS9 swapped 1970 camaro, pic related. I've got that 67 Camaro in a few of the pictures I haven't decided what to do with, the disgustang because I got a deal on it. Ive also got a '64 short box stepside half ton truck. Call me lame all you want, I'm a muscle guy at heart. But turning heads because youve got a shocking sleeper is just as fun as turning heads for having a cool muscle car.

Attached: 101.jpg (1792x1344, 787K)

same basic idea, should work

Attached: 109.jpg (720x540, 62K)

I'm not going to act impressed just because it's someone on Veeky Forums.

Half this shit belongs in ccg.
But really dude an hhr?
Sure its unique buit its still an hhr...
Like a chevette is a chevette and a pinto is a pinto even if you hotrod it?

>finish your current projects
I didn't think my girlfriend went on Veeky Forums
(everything else I've got on the go is waiting for parts, this is stuff i've mostly got laying around)

I actually thought about buying a SS HHR, but I
a) couldn't find one that hadn't been driven to death
b) couldn't find one that would cost less then building this with shit I have laying around will cost
c) SS HHR had a completely different front bumper/grill that i think looks cool, but kind of defeats the whole sleeper thing i want. If it came down to buying an ss HHR i would rather just slap a turbo'd setup in the one I've got.

Attached: 21.jpg (2560x1920, 1.4M)

+1

>ccg
The good old Canadian coast guard

I don't know, I always liked them. Its definitely partly a nostalgia thing for me, I worked my ass off and saved every penny I had to buy a new car. Not to mention when you put 400 000 km on a car, you get attached (no matter how many times I had to replace bushings in the front end or the dumbass electric rear door handle shorted out)

Attached: 49.jpg (2560x1920, 633K)

>namefag thinking his opinions matter

Attached: 1521165584998.png (177x201, 61K)

If you killed an engine in a rebuild i doubt you'll get far with this

>ultimate larping thread?
>ultimate larping thread!