Australian/New Zealand Thread /AUNZ/ (Formally /dat/)

Australian/New Zealand Thread /AUNZ/ (Formally /dat/)

>Import vs Muscle Edition

>Straya & Kiwi Cars & Bikes
>Straya & Kiwi Questions & Answers
>Straya & Kiwi Pictures & Videos
>Straya & Kiwi Scenic as fuck

Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/AUNZ/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/
/AUNZ/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (not up to date)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Noteworthy Posts

Attached: RAL_5161.jpg (1920x1080, 1002K)

Other urls found in this thread:

baka.com.au/business/the-economy/death-traps-push-to-phase-out-cars-made-before-2002-20180313-p4z458.html
trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1535498894
youtu.be/dr9HSMZ3OIQ
trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/toyota/auction-1548482385.htm?rsqid=760b8e54d9b649a2a02e2666004014bf
trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1576168681
youtu.be/8yx6xC3xEdw
trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1568853605
trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1575201809
trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1566105852
trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1568980415
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to rage and support all Falcunt threads.

Hello its me HSP i am da bolis

Attached: reeeeeeeeeeee.gif (381x565, 3.72M)

>baka.com.au/business/the-economy/death-traps-push-to-phase-out-cars-made-before-2002-20180313-p4z458.html
what a load of bullshit. If I want to drive a deathtrap I should be allowed to. fucking hell this country is getting more and more nanny state each day.

trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1535498894

should i buy this? my overall budget is 9k. are the wrx's in my price range worth it? they all have 200+ k's ect...

Looks like a cop magnet to me.

Nice seats but the tires look pretty worn.

Can you handle that colour?

Attached: nonskid.jpg (2610x4640, 2.3M)

>purple subaru
double gay mobile

find something else lol, subarus are shit and purple cars are for girls/gayboiz

What a load of crap my 17 year old car is safe as cunt
youtu.be/dr9HSMZ3OIQ

Let idiot normies kill themselves

anyone see the HEY GUYS IM SHMEE xD videos?
never knew there were that many supercars in NZ desu

Fuck no YouTube is cancer

What do you Veeky Forumstists think about buying an 86 GT as a first car?

>I've heard the acceleration is shit, but I don't care because I'm not going to race it or anything
>Average used price is around $18,000 and I don't mind too much because I live at home, am a very cheap person prices might go down by the time I can get one
>I intend to put some sort of body kit on it once I get it, but will make sure it's legal and not obnoxious

Do these cars have any sort of flaws that make them not worth buying, aside from the acceleration? Any similar cars you'd recommend? I honestly like the modern ricer look.

Attached: Toyota-GT86-Widebody-Kit.jpg (1600x1000, 238K)

Well fuck ive crashed into a tree in my 4cyl BMW i thought i was drivinf my falcon and thought the tree was a signpost

Attached: IMG_20180318_092447.jpg (1032x774, 178K)

I do want to put out that I'm not an underage, I just haven't brought a car yet. I use my parent's spare car to save money.

I crashed a car into a tree and pole in one crash beat that cunt

It's a great daily, people are just picky when it comes to cars like these. It's a bit low so the oldies cant get into it and the back seats are irrelevant.

What do you want in a car is the main question.

Also I would steer away from expensive cars for a first car, you're going to damage or even crash it regardless of experience. A first car should be a beater and you have a project car on the side.

DO NOT BUY
This car has had extensive front end damage.

>It's a great daily, people are just picky when it comes to cars like these. It's a bit low so the oldies cant get into it and the back seats are irrelevant.
Sounds good to me. I only have one grandparent and my mum takes her out for drives in a car better for her. As for backseats, as long as they're safe and usable, I don't really mind. I don't have many friends, so it'll be a solo car for the most part.

>What do you want in a car is the main question.
Something good looking with a body I can customize really. After reading about the features, I like what comes with it too.

>Also I would steer away from expensive cars for a first car, you're going to damage or even crash it regardless of experience. A first car should be a beater and you have a project car on the side.
Very good point, but I'm going to be on my L's until next year (SA laws) and I technically have a beater I use for learning in. I will consider that though, especially if I fuck up too much while learning. So far, I'm pretty decent with driving.

As for project cars, do you mean like one to restore? If so, any recommendations?

>Applying for jobs
>Had my resume typed in MS Word
>Basically the same resume for years
>Struggling to get a job lately
>Rewrite it in Google Docs
>One of my titles had a red underline
>I've been sending out resumes with "oustide" instead of "outside" all along
>NEVER showed up on MS Word for some reason and I missed it somehow

Oh my fucking god.

Any Adelaide brahs here? What's the car culture like there?

>Oh my fucking god.
>IKTF

DEFECT DEFECT DEFECT DEFECT FINE FINE FINE DEFECT FINE

*insert falcunt no job meme here*

It's a shame because the rest of my resume is fine, I just wouldn't be surprised if that spelling error fucked me over multiple times. I'm using Google Docs from now on. Fuck Word.

>So far, I'm pretty decent with driving.
>L Plater

I drove an excel for 7 yrs until I got my first proper car. I bought a decent, practical daily and then i've just purchased a r32 gtst because your daily shouldn't be your project car. It doesn't work. For project cars, there are lots out there. Old dattos are probably the best ones since they are simple to work on, rotarys are pretty easy too compared to a conventional piston engine. I was like you and had a 2 door car, it was a pain in the ass after i made car friends because we'd all go in the one car and usually we'd go in my excel because i would do skids and hoon, which is most likely what you'd want to do in your first car, but if you own an expensive one you won't want to drive it or park it in public for the fear of it getting scratched or damaged, been there, done that.

For body mods, 86 is the right area but that shit is expensive. Rocket Bunny kits are 4k usd and come in matte black, you will need to put them on yourself, mould it to the original body, paint. it's expensive. If i were you i'd get something practical and bolt on an OEM bodykit such as a r32 and bolt on a gtr kit, etc.

Yes, its pretty shit tier desu. Nothing really goes on and all the nice cars never flog it in the hills.

how can you tell? i viewed it & it seemed fine

Look at the grey metal in front of the radiator, that should be purple as well. Also it was on trademe two years ago with pictures of it in a panelbeaters shop.

send it as a pdf afterwards you dummy

it's one thing to afford it, can you afford the insurance?

how old are you?

Focus ST is better in literally every way

>faster
>more fun to drive
>more practical
>looks better
>better features
>isn't japshit

thanks, the guy selling it is indian so it all adds up

Yw. There's no reason a twin turbo Legacy with 83Ks should be that cheap.

Also, we got this for 11 grand. All stock, with 113Ks. Keep searching bro.

Attached: '03 WRX.jpg (1024x690, 181K)

I mean you can get a TT legacy with like 150km on it in japan for like $1k. I know that's double the k's, but still, they're fucking dirt cheap over there.

I need some opinions Veeky Forums

Looking at getting another car soon-ish. I am after something kinda fast but loads of fun, preferably a coupe with four seats and aesthetic. I have looked into getting into an MPS, but I honestly have no idea. I'd probably be looking in around the 15k price range also. Any ideas guys?

my nana always told me never to ever buy a car off an indian

Probably because of the smell

What's the best way to learn about cars in general? I know nothing about them and would rather not be taken advantage of during repairs or by car salesmen.

>it's one thing to afford it, can you afford the insurance?
I'll have to look into it.

>how old are you?

>Focus ST is better in literally every way
I'll consider it, but:
>faster
Doesn't really bother me. Like I said, it's not like I'd race it or anything.
>more fun to drive
Maybe, I don't know.
>more practical
Doesn't really bother me because I don't need room for loading things.
>looks better
Disagree.
>better features
Probably.
>isn't japshit
I like Japshit desu

I'll consider it though. I'll put it on my list just in case.

I think it's just because they are used to living in a shithole country where people are constantly ripping each other for every little thing. to the point where they literally brag about how much they fucked over some poor cunt by selling a car that's been raped and fucked in every way and given a wof from their dodgy mechanic mate.

i bought my first car from an indian and it was probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life. lesson learned. never again.

look at the Renault Megane RS 250/265 as well

it's not a great daily but a serious track car. one of the best track cars under 100k

it's pretty stiff, not the sort of car I'd want to drive everyday but you should consider it

100x better than the 86meme

It'll be a long cold day in hell before I let them stop me driving my death trap Valiant's

>Vehicles older than 15 years – many lacking lifesaving airbags or electronic stability control – should be phased out to reduce road deaths, according to a leading non-profit safety ratings group.
help my FWD corolla doesnt have traction control won't someone think of the children

Attached: 1182916516077.jpg (720x480, 31K)

Buy a older car that's easy to get parts for and a service manual

buy an excel for 200 dollars

>Incentives to dump older cars
>somehow force insurance companies to provide cheaper insurance for new cars
>subsidise new car purchases for cunts who already have the money to buy new cars
>the p plater should be driving the family's newest vehicles
Fuckin lmao. How out of touch are these people? Are they funded by manufacturers?

>excel
Don't do this

If I'm looking for a cheap hoonmobile what's better, an AU Falcon or VT Commodore? Any benefits that one has over the other?

buy a fackin 90s corolla. Build like tanks, so hopefully not everything will break at once. Then you'll have the chance to focus on one particular piece of maintenance at a time

I crashed into fucking everything and I was just waiting for a mate

Attached: 01B097F0-2F15-457F-B036-3EAC1F07B21F.jpg (450x327, 22K)

Why do brainlets still put insurance under their names instead of their parents?

I've got an fn2r civic, got it cheap as fuck, only paid 12k for it and it only had 35,000k's on the clock.

Au is shit get the ba Barra
VT has the 5.0/5.7 but the V6 is shithouse
Barra is cheaper

do this

It doesn't make a difference if you're gonna put you name down on the list, and if you don't you'll get raped by excess if you crash

why aren't these on myplates anymore nswfags?

Attached: 0d6e68d773a6d4e957867623990ddbba.png (532x358, 149K)

trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/toyota/auction-1548482385.htm?rsqid=760b8e54d9b649a2a02e2666004014bf
faark I want this thing so bad

9k for a 7mgte with 150k

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nah m8

another car another crash

Attached: 2018-03-18 another day another pole.jpg (1920x1440, 968K)

trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1576168681

thoughts? i know it has high k's but 0-100 in less than 5 seconds is pretty appealing desu

I'm in the market for some new wheels, I'm on the fence whether to buy some Rota's for around $1250 delivered to my door, or spend $400-$500 more for some SSR gtx01/gtv02's. I mainly just drive around the city and occasionally go out of town on some open roads. Any reason to get genuine wheels these days?

Those are pigfat, over-complicated and unreliable.

They're not even that fast either.

get the biggest rims you can

you've got no idea faggot

poorfag who cant afford 20 inch rims detected

are you fucking retarded?

if you do a big crash and there's multiple names on the policy, they're sure as hell going to try and find every way to weasel out of paying you, and having someone else as the main drive when you actually drive the car would be a good way to get out of it

Anyone here knowledgeable on road worthy laws. I want to know whether it would be road legal to turbo a mx5 NB as they had the factory turbo in the SE. I don't know if it's true, but I've heard that you can supercharger old v6 commonwhores without engineering because they had a SU factory option.

Maybe you guys just have poor parents?

When i crashed my getz it was in mums name and i wasnt listed as a driver. I was at fualt in the crash and it was obviously a P plater trashed car and they still paid out.

They still pay it out but your excess will be much higher

How did you manage that?
I swear everyone I know who buys a car gets the best deal on it ever, but I check the listings everyday and never see these deals.

>Maybe you guys just have poor parents?

that has literally nothing to do with a word of what I just said.

you seem very uneducated, if you think not being properly insured for something is a good idea, you're retarded

Yeah the under 25 excess

No these plebs parents are probably overdue on every payment and make weekly claims when they crash their financed base model cars. So the insurance companies dont value them as good customers and dont want to pay out.

>under 25 excess
>inexperienced driver excess
>not on driver list excess

my god you're braindead

Has Veeky Forums ever had their car vandalized because it's nice or just because people are cunts? What's the best way to prevent it? Pic related, but not my car.

Attached: cunts.jpg (576x768, 98K)

lel what jew insurance company is this?

Toyota Corolla GLX 1.8L 2015
Honda Civic Sedan 1.8L S 2013
Honda Jazz RS 2016

Which one? Someone end my fucking suffering.

All the ones I've gotten 3rd party insurance quotes from in the last month

Go as wide as you can even if you don't run wide tyres yet you'll always have the option

Buy a VN

A what?

Attached: 1519808632393.jpg (1405x800, 157K)

How well would a lowered B2600 handle? I cant imagine it would fair too well.
Getting a first car and cant decide between one of those (love how lowered utes like that look) or a mazda 3. I'd just be using the car daily till i get my motorcycle license, then itll just become my backup daily/grocery car.
I figured i'd best get something im unlikely to spend lots of money on mods on, hence my two choices, rather than get a nice coupe which i'd undoubtably dump thousands into
Just cant decide between a ute like that or something like a mazda 3. Doubt i'd need the tray all that much though.

Attached: 1519240152416.png (500x666, 259K)

Hey guys I'm in NewZealand for one more week before I fly back to the US. Any cool car related car things to do on the south island? Will be on the North island too but not for long. Thanks.

Attached: flexi-chalkboard-map-of-NZ-21x21.jpg (595x595, 37K)

I WANT THAT COLOUR TH1 SO BAD

Attached: 02-26-17_SWskylinesBBQ_SoloWeb_05.jpg (1024x683, 208K)

it will be garbage
utes are not designed to be performance cars, they are designed to carry heavy things
unless you re-engineer everything it'll just suck pretty bad

None of those are a Mazda 3.

Just got lucky at the right time I guess

Anyone else watch rcr still? The V6 Mazda 3 was cool af
youtu.be/8yx6xC3xEdw

>I don’t even need a Ute
>will use as a backup and to get groceries
Get the 3 you dingus

Attached: DE2599CA-C521-4584-8143-5CF9F173E9B4.jpg (600x600, 72K)

lol the guy changed the description of the auction, he changed the word 'toy' to 'project' hahah.

trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1568853605
trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1575201809
trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1566105852
trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1568980415

thoughts on these? are they all trash? i NEED something for under 9k that looks cool & goes 0-100 in under 6 seconds.

>TFW no Lotus to thrash around pristine Queenstown lakes roads

Attached: 1512757282609.jpg (1800x1200, 547K)

White STi looks nice, it's always a good sign when cars don't change plates a bunch of times after importation too.

yea it's suspiciously cheap though,

Distance is a very real factor. I've bought a couple of cars in Southland, driven them back to Auckland, thrown another $2-3K onto the price tag and sold them easily.

What are some interesting places to drive around Adelaide?

gorge road
chain of ponds

drive to victor harbor was comfy as shit though.

Do decent windy roads exist in perth? Havent lived here long so havent really had the chance to drive around looking for nice places to hoon around

>reminder if you haven't taken a car down and hooned around the GOAT south island roads with ultralight camping gear then you're a babby

SH7 from Greymouth -> SH69 Reefton turnoff -> SH6 Buller Gorge - Murchison highway -> SH63 to Blenheim.

should i swap my mazda 3 for a mps? thinking i need a suitable daily then work towards a nice project car because last thing i want is to be cucked by a car that doesn't work.