/edg/scg/nmsg/ Don't you die on me edition™

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Open Beta for 2.4 is up soon, you should be able to access it through launcher if you're a PC player.

Announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI
youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star Citizen Information:

It is the standing Recommendation of /scg/ that if your game package contains an Aurora MR, Aurora ES or Mustang Alpha you would be well served to upgrade it to an Aurora LN. It's only like ten bucks and provides a significant increase in firepower and survivability without any real downsides.
Be aware, this is the gateway drug to wasting your life savings on spaceship jpegs, keep your discipline and don't upgrade further unless you specifically want to buy Ben more eyeballs(and cheese), finance Sandi's dreams of being a C grade actor, fuel Chris's cocaine habit and send Erin and Brian into crippling inescapable depression.

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/zS3Nv5Ru

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
unity

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable or alternatively:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Mans Sky:

It's not as shit as as it was at release and there is as much to do as there is in Elite (SC doesn't count as it's still in alpha)
pastebins and general info links will be created as it grows.

7 ways No Man's Sky has changed:
youtube.com/watch?v=hKytd1CLqPk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XF82awDKLpY
youtube.com/watch?v=CMN4IriekT0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>last thread only had 300 replies before dying
>this thread is already on page 6
the space sim is dead again. isn't it?

Until some other update comes along I guess.

were the fuck do i find meta alloys? everything online is either outdated or fully guarded

What are you talking about, it has been out for 10 years already and there still aren't any signs that it will die anytime soon.

Back in the day, you could buy meta alloys on one of the planetary colonies of Maia.

D E D

Don't remind me.

Why is there such a disconnect between the game and his vision?

no luck there. right now im at merope but it doesn't let me land in 2 A but is asking me for a permit

look no further than the amount of time they spent making the neutron star polar jets accurate vs actually making it fun to use

Probably because there is a literal disconnect between development and Braben.

o7

>nmsg in the op

Post ships!

So is 3.0 coming out now or what? I need insider info.

Soon.™

2 weeks

Don't lie, anons. We all know 3.0 comes out _____never_____

our little friend here seems to be bugged or something. no trace of the barnacle though

Why isn't there a feature to choose which star to jump into yet?
This shit bugs me to no end

found it but the capital ship is now right up to it and im scared to get close. what do?

FUCK YES I GOT IT.

they've talked about microjumps in binary systems for years now
n e v e r

We had a golden age, it passed.
It's really sad that the only spess games that worth a damn are indie early access titles and they will probably die out or get rushed out feature incomplete then abandoned.

>This tired old chart

Look you aren't fooling anyone. After reworking the entire scope of the project and having to build studios in three different cohntries from nothing, it isn't fair to say the game even really started development before 2014 or 15. Then with two complete games in progress simultaneously, each has only really been in development for no more than about a year (when you consider CIGs divided focus).

So I would say we're in a pretty amazing place all things considered, with 60% of the work finished with 3.0 and basically the entire technical foundation in place, the content will just start flowing like you wouldn't believe. But the best part is, it doesn't matter if you believe, you'll see soon ;)

stop making threads before thursdays

if the thread dies between saturday and thursday just let it happen, and don't let anyone try to tell you "theres something to talk about"
ATVs being gutted and being able to put SC hype on hold for more than a week is probably the best thing to happen for alot of us

do you think that excuses it? do you know what happened to duke nukem forever? that's exactly right. they kept "starting over" instead of sticking to a single scope and engine.

starting over still counts as development, you don't get to reset the timer, especially not after your initial deadline.

Your typical SC shill ladies and gentlemen.
A post full of fallacies and condescending tone, bonus point for the smiley.

Time is just an illusion~

This is one of my favorite deep space photographs. Makes you really think, billions and billions of stars and planets but all of them are too far away. Then back to Elite Dangerous where you are engulfed by this darkness and dying of boredom. Sad really.

John Carmack alone could dev high performance, cutting edge multiplayer first person shooter engines from scratch in reasonable time on multiple occasions each time pushing forward the available techonology but this team of 300 apes can't do a working demo of their pre-release-alpha. Star Citizen is a trainwreck just admit it.

There's like a few hundred galaxies in that photo alone, you can only see 4? in Elite, including the one you're in. Space is a pretty boring place if you hadn't noticed, there's a lot of nothing, its why it isnt called Matter.

I doubt we'll ever get a fun, "realistic", space simulator due to the naturally boring existence of space.

I think the 300 apes could do it. It's the monkey in chief that's the problem.

youtu.be/XF82awDKLpY
>You will never go higher than 9km into the "sky" in a SRV

too few space photos show what it would really look like

Well that's because none of them are photos, we're only guessing what it looks like based off what we "know", which isn't really much considering how theres a star 170ish Ly away that's somehow older than the entire universe.

>none of them are photos
is this what normies actually believe? they're from telescopes yes, sometimes include invisible wavelengths, and often have shopped colours but they definitely are real photos.

>Taking photos of our own galaxy when the furthest man made object has barely left our solar system

>taking photos of our own galaxy
entirely possible. they just all look like pic
jesus christ man get it together. we weren't even talking about our own galaxy, just "space"

Not possible at all, not looking like that at that angle (first pic, not the one in your reply)

Thats like a single bacteria in your stomach taking a selfie shot of your body from 100 meters away.

But if its just space, just some random other galaxy then, ok, I can buy that :)

I literally just fucking showed you a photo of our own galaxy holy fucking shit how is it legal to be this stupid

no wonder the flat earth disinfo is so widespread

>I can take a PHOTOGRAPH from the outside of our galaxy without any CAMERAS being outside of our galaxy

Logic? Unless you misread what I said about me not talking about the 2nd photo then.........

>being this mad that /nmsg/ is officially part of this thread

Can you jump one onto someone elses ship then have them take off?

yes

Depends on the ship, most of them you can

A few of them they can launch a little fighter that you could control too

Why does this thread even exist? Doesn't 10bux allow SC discussion anymore?

Whoops reading comprehension

You can lift a SRV off the surface with your ship but due to game mechanics, it will never leave the planet

in theory you could slowboat it to anywhere, you just can't jump with it

Why won't you retards just let this stupid thread die?

>being this butthurt
Why do you give a fuck? This thread has been shitpost cancer for 50 threads, and you think you are going to talk the thread out of it at this point with virtue signalling bait?

hope

found a space station with these weird ass vertical landing pads I'd never seen before. Frankly it was a pain the ass to walk around in compared to normal stations.

Naw it's cool dawg. Just keep samefagging to bump da thread yo.

also found this new type of structure on a planet near the station. it just gave me some lore stuff about sentinels, but it really seems like some sort of ship sized portal device.

the first thing you can be certain of with space is that there are things out there that nobody on earth can even begin to imagine

our "knowledge" of space is mostly extrapolating from the solar system. all stars are like the sun, all planets are like our plants, except earth. there are no planets like earth of course.

in this one regard, NMS is far more realistic than elite, because elite has the same solar system-esque environment everywhere, but NMS has massive variation and creativity.

I would still call Elite the more realistic one, just because almost every single planet you land on in NMS has some sort of life going on, plus an atmosphere, instead of almost no life in ED. But I still see your point, ED does need a LOT more "stuff" and variation.

Also a lot of the earth-likes and water worlds and some gas giants have life on them in ED, its listed in the spec after you scan it, its a background part of the in-game lore that will probably (lol not really) come to play later.

Most of the systems that have "interesting" or useful life have been exploited to the point of extinction.

www.ajc.com/news/local/uaZ5WPYuyiwROLdzZzvUgO/
>Two women at Dragon Con hit by chairs thrown from hotel balcony
>An official police investigation is ongoing and anyone with video or information should contact the Atlanta Police Department. Tipsters can remain anonymous and be eligible for rewards of up to $2,000 via Crime Stoppers Atlanta
>ring crimestoppers
>blame ben
>ben goes to jail
>collect $2000
it's win/win!

let this farce die.
don't keep it bumped, when its does I'll make a clean one.
If he wants to keep this threadwars shit going make him work for it.

Hey reminder star citizen has literally zero gameplay literally you can't even load a game to play its all space jpegs and every development video is faked like the moon landings also furrys are the best and goons are worthless shit Derek smart was right 3.0 never ever Roberts is gonna take the money and cryengine model viewer star citizen isn't real Roberts = Brabo thanks

May as well keep NMS in the OP, SC fans don't even bother talking about their "game" anymore and we need more attention

might as well become spacesim general at this point or at least when x4 comes out

I'm currently whizzing around nebula ngc 7822. There's a star I can jump to that is 0.14ly away.

>This thread is shit, let it die so I can make one that's not shit
What do you intend to contribute that you can't now? There is literally nothing to talk about for days yet and you are worried about what's in the OP. Either post what you have to say or fuck off. You aren't carrying the thread by yourself, and you couldn't be assed to post the thread you want when it was actually dead.

That photo is from with the galaxy. Wow.

WoW
o
W

What.

space ireland will be free

AtV predictions?

Burn-down: All minor bugs fixed, no critical or blockers fixed, 3 new blockers.
Featurette: The Gamescon booth, setup, problems, success stories, and takedown.
Ship sale: New concept sale, a mid-sized luxuary exploration ship by MISC including a brand new rover.

Don't worry lads, I'll keep this thread alive.

t. Goon at your service

>posts most likely scenario
Lie to me goddamn it. We gave up trying to stay grounded in reality a long time ago.

Burn-down: Good progress, only 3 blockers, 7 critical and a handful of minor bugs remain, expected evocati build next friday.
Featurette: Squadron 42 AI systems and Subsumption in action, animation blending based on subsumption tasks.
Ship sale: Ready for 3.0 Avenger-Explorer variant (module - module system implemented), sacrificing some of the Titan's hold for a long-range jump drive and sensor suite and a faster SCM engine. AND Avenger-Salvage/Mining variant featuring a dedicated lascutter in place of the tigerstreik and a dedicated mico-refinery/furnace in the back.

Better. Now pretend Chris has been locked in a room with food and a bed for the past several years and the entire company has been developing unfettered by his fidelity autism.

Burn-down: 4.0 PTU all waves opened this week, NDA lifted.
Featurette: Squadron 42 episode 2 trailer and first 3 missions teaser. New organised monthly racing events in the PU with pink-slip prizes, 10 new complete systems.
Ship sale: Caterpillar brothel module, Endeavor drugs-lab module, and Zoological module.

_____Kong_____

_____lol_____

>das_good_mang.jpg
They could have released Star Citizen and already been deep into Star Citizen 2 by now. I really don't understand why he insists on one game when the community will buy anything he releases.

Fucking Destiny was a dumpster fire and people can't wait to buy D2, even though it's the same exact thing.

>being the best dressed person at a bar citizen.

Check out ma map

>Ship sale: Ready for 3.0 Avenger-Explorer variant (module - module system implemented), sacrificing some of the Titan's hold for a long-range jump drive and sensor suite and a faster SCM engine. AND Avenger-Salvage/Mining variant featuring a dedicated lascutter in place of the tigerstreik and a dedicated mico-refinery/furnace in the back.

Sigh... we'll never get actual profession modules for the multirole ships, we will? It's just going to be 150-300 dollar ultra specialized profession ships that have have the stats of an Aurora MR, and the combat ships to babysit or attack them from here on out.

Dad of the world, unite!

More like step-dad of the world unite amirite

I'd like to see that overlaid on the galaxy map just to show how little that is.

Apparently its less than 1%

He's a programmer and engineer, now that he's been shunted into a position where he can't write assembly all he can do is be an idea guy and his ideas suck

Griefers are seriously making me consider quitting

In ED they don't call them griefers. They call them "pirates". But whatever you want to call them, I'm sick of their crap.

I've been a huge fan. I own all 30 ships, bought skins for a few, decals, etc. I'm at a point where I've done enough that the only reason to play now is to meet up with some people and have some fun together.

But apparently that's not allowed. The only thing that's allowed is that people get to mug me whenever they feel like it, and then make fun of me for "whining" about it because "that's what Solo is for". They are 100% allowed to ruin anything I'm doing, and I have no possible way of getting revenge except to STOP what I'm doing, blow a few million calling my PvP ship at the nearest station, wait for it to be delivered, and see if I can find them... if they're even still online.

Can't even call them out by name in the forums. That's a "witch hunt". They're just "pirating", which is "valid". Minding my own business and wanting to play with people who won't take advantage of a ship mismatch? That's not valid at all. I should run like a coward or give them my cargo or just let them blow me up. I should play in Solo. I should "know what I'm getting into". I should make people stand guard over me.

Because what I want doesn't count, only what the "pirates" want counts. (not "griefers", they're not "griefers" remember)

The new justice system will raise the amount of Cr they pay... like that will make any difference or pay me back at all for the bull...

So you know what? Screw it. I don't need this in my life.

... maybe... idk... having a real hard time walking away from a game I've poured this many hours into... and the game has so much potential...

But let's face it: I haven't actually enjoyed ED in days.

Do you know what high waking is? Not trolling, there is an easy fix for your problem if you want to get back into it.

PSA on High Waking.

When you get interdicted by a player, submit. This cuts your cooldown to almost nothing. If you lose an interdiction, you have a massive cooldown on your fsd. While the interdiction is ending, get ready to open your left panel as soon as you are in normal space. Pick the system at the bottom of your list that is in range and engage your fsd from the menu. Make sure you are patient and wait to hit it as soon as the short cooldown expires. Line up during your charge and you will jump out while the "pirate" is still recovering.

Once you high wake once or twice, you normally won't be bothered anymore.

Hello dad.

Actual griefers ruin everything. They ruin every game. They're the kids who spend all day screwing with people just to watch them lose something they've worked hard to gain. That is their nature. They are the boils on gaming society's neck. Unfortunately, they're everywhere, and there's not much that can be done about them without draconian measures being taken. Elite Dangerous does have a saving grace, in that there is solo for those who want to avoid it entirely, and private groups for those who want to see others while being free from griefing. I recommend joining Mobius, which has a TON of players in it, so you can meet others, play with your friends, and still be free from PvP attacks by other players.

Of course, this assumes you want to avoid PvP. If you want to have the ability to attack other players, then you getting attacked by them is the price of that. I haven't seen a single online multiplayer game manage to get around that without also severely curtailing PvP itself.

Um guys that does work when I get jumped by PvP kids in their kitted out engineered ships, I have a job to go to 9-5 and these kids can spend all day grinding away, getting their silly little Grom missiles to stop my FSD or engineer their missiles to reset it.

I just want to do some trading in Open,is that too much to ask?

>4 job offers by CIG alone on the frontpage of artstation
desperate

If you submit and hit your marks on the timing, you can make it. When you submit, you have to stay focused and time things perfect to escape, but it is doable without getting hit. You need to be perfect and he needs to drag ass a little. Most griefers are cautious at first because you just submitted and might fight back. You can mind fuck them back well enough to leave.

Quit being a pussy and learn to defend yourself. If you are in anything that can land on a small pad, there is no excuse.

It's all England and Germany offices though.

This is pasta from the FD forums.

>implying you can outrun and dodge a swarm of homing FSD reset missiles

>FSD reset
>Homing
choose only one

I've been out exploring for months now, are these "griefers" seriously tooled up or something? I get the impression it's just sidewinders ramming everyone.

Some people doing PvP in a open PvP game. Dads complain.

youtube.com/watch?v=CMN4IriekT0