What are those gold colored flakes coming from?

What are those gold colored flakes coming from?

Attached: 20180318_212659-1.jpg (2236x2236, 2.83M)

Corrosion.

driving like a balla ass nigga

take it down a notch dawg, leave some pussy for the rest of us

this

using prestone was a great idea now, wasn't it?

Time to do a major flush of the cooling system, learn to use the OEM coolant in the future.

Flush sounds good but the OEM coolant for the 2001 Chevy Malibu is known to eat head gaskets.

lol yall niggas weak i got whole pieces of my engine block floatin' round in my coolant reservoir

Those are copper chunkies flaking off the insides of the copper radiator coolant lines. Flush the system really well with distilled water as many times as it takes to drain good enough, then refill with fresh coolant. Over time, coolant's anti-corrosive properties wear out and the metal shit all throughout the system will start to corrode and block shit up. The worst consequence of this is when all the crud kills your heater core. You should be flushing the cooling system and replacing the coolant at least once a year.

I've also seen radiator stop-leak gunk that had coppery looking flakes in it before. Don't use that kind of shit. It's retarded.

Dex-cool?

better hope it isnt bronze cunt

dex kill does not eat head gaskets but it DOES look like it does when it turns into mayo in the lines.

Unfortunately, using anything other than dex kill gets you the result of the OP.

Solution? Don't buy GM trash

It eats the intake manifold gaskets not headgaskets

Generally the headgaskets on those are fine but if you let the manifold gaskets go for too long it will destroy the entire cooling system and plug it up then things like headgaskets fail.

>Not just using water with water wetter

Attached: 1521133078915.jpg (640x434, 57K)

It's an old school bitcoin mining system. make sure to dig out those flakes and sell them

Everyone here is probably wrong. That's most likely wax from your tstat. It gonna fail/has failed, you're gonna get a p0128 code.

>copper radiator coolant lines
Lmao. It ain't 1970. They use aluminum now

Look at your temp gauge, it's probably not getting as warm as it used to. Or it's hotter. But they usually fail open.

do a major flush and use pick related

Attached: lucas super coolant.jpg (810x608, 135K)

Oh, shit. You're right. Those must be flakes of a new kind of orange aluminum in the OP. Or maybe they're red gold. OP should pan that shit. He could make a fortune!

It's not tstat wax, it's most likely the result of dexcool eating the manifold gaskets as it turns it into mush and goes throughout the system and clogs everything, look up videos on it it's crazy.

>It eats the intake manifold gaskets not headgaskets
..... how is coolant getting to your intake manifold gasket?

>never worked on GM garbage before confirmed
Good try being a smartass, despite being too autistic.
Anyway all tstat wax is gold colored. GM doesnt use copper, it's too expensive. The coolant system is all aluminum.
I've replaced dozens of those. I'm would have an external leak. I actually don't think I've ever seen a single one with over 100k on it where it wasn't leaking from The lower intake gasket. So it probably needs changing regardless.

Lower intake manifold has coolant running through it. The gasket on the top of the valley (but under the pushrods) on the heads is an extremely common failure.

Yeah lower intake manifolds is what i meant.

> I actually don't think I've ever seen a single one with over 100k on it where it wasn't leaking from The lower intake gasket.

I replaced mine on my 01 malibu at 117k miles, changed it with an OEM one and it was leaking and gummed up within 30k of changing it.

Went to the felpro one and never looked back.

flakes of head gasket repair

Pretty sure everyone in this thread is dumb and wrong. That looks suspiciously similar to the "cooling system conditioner" stuff we used to put into Subaru cooling systems back when they were using shitty composite gaskets that would puke oil/coolant onto the exhaust.

That shit is glorified Stop Leak and doesn't actually fix anything. Flush your system ASAP.

>everyone but me is wrong even though everyone else is saying the same thing

I hope you realize how retarded you sound

Sounds like gm is shitty

thats some bars stopleak.

Might want to sell it now.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 107K)